Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,892 members, 7,817,626 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

Can I Marry Someone Who Doesn't Have A Tertiary Education? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can I Marry Someone Who Doesn't Have A Tertiary Education? (2078 Views)

What Do You Miss About Your Ex That Your Present Relationship Doesn't Have? / "Meet Escobar Smith, a moving Bullion Van who doesn't use calculator when Spendi / Can You Date A Guy Who Doesn't Have Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Marry Someone Who Doesn't Have A Tertiary Education? by oloyeagbaakin(m): 8:12am On Oct 07, 2017
Hello Sir's and Ma's have been dating this girl for quite some time I love her and she loves me also but she doesn't have a tertiary education but though she has a handy work she is a hairdresser and she makes hair everyday but Mum and Dad has warned me that i should not marry from their area and a girl that is not educated how will I convinced my parents or should I leave the girl and search for something better?
Re: Can I Marry Someone Who Doesn't Have A Tertiary Education? by Amarabae(f): 8:15am On Oct 07, 2017
Ofcourse yes, marry her atleast she will have an ssce,
she has a skill that earns her some money,
if you want her to further her education, then you encourage her to enroll into a part time program in higher institution.
So go on and marry her

1 Like

Re: Can I Marry Someone Who Doesn't Have A Tertiary Education? by dingbang(m): 8:15am On Oct 07, 2017
Its your money... If u decide to put her through schooling, no problem...

Be careful though, as she might go astray
Re: Can I Marry Someone Who Doesn't Have A Tertiary Education? by taylor88(m): 8:16am On Oct 07, 2017
Never u marry someone who can't read an emergency sms or go to bank and do a little transaction when ur in trouble

Always prepare for the worst while hoping for the best

Hv being there

2 Likes

Re: Can I Marry Someone Who Doesn't Have A Tertiary Education? by udemejack(m): 8:20am On Oct 07, 2017
[/b]an who told you that its only when you go to school that you can succeed?.............
Stop daydreaming bro.the world has gon beyond that level.
Re: Can I Marry Someone Who Doesn't Have A Tertiary Education? by taylor88(m): 8:21am On Oct 07, 2017
Amarabae:
if you want her to further her education, then you encourage her to enroll into a part time program in higher institution.
So go on and marry her

Op pretend u didn't read her post

Enrol in which part time

Haven't u seen an SSCE holder who can't read and write

Haven't u seen who can read and write but still dumb

1 Like

Re: Can I Marry Someone Who Doesn't Have A Tertiary Education? by Nobody: 8:22am On Oct 07, 2017
It's not all about Education

What you should be concerned about is how deep her parent pocket is

People wey go University where dem dey?

Education is not valued in this country again.
Re: Can I Marry Someone Who Doesn't Have A Tertiary Education? by Saintsammurai(m): 8:25am On Oct 07, 2017
Tertiary education is a form of post secondary education, like after high school.. Now for a lady that went through high school, i think tertiary education should not determine if you want to get married to her or not.. what matters is that She is mature, loyal and resourceful and above all, "you both love each other" remember the richest black woman on earth was just a pre tertiary education graduate, what matters is that she is resourceful..
Re: Can I Marry Someone Who Doesn't Have A Tertiary Education? by Amarabae(f): 8:27am On Oct 07, 2017
taylor88:

Enrol in which part time

a hardworking ssce holder with an income earning skill is marriageable,
let him encourge her to further her studies via part time even if in a polythecnic,
so it should not stop them from getting married,

2 Likes

Re: Can I Marry Someone Who Doesn't Have A Tertiary Education? by PrincessBecks(f): 8:27am On Oct 07, 2017
I have a friend here in Abuja. She's my hair stylist. This lady is damn good at what she does. She speaks and writes in English like a Ph.D holder to my envy.

...Guess what? She's an SSCE HOLDER.

So fam, tertiary education to an extent is just an added advantage. Cos I've seen a whole lot of ladies here who can't even compose a full sentence, talk more of a letter.

If the said girl is good, go get her. Be a man. Its you and not your parents.

Again...
If she can take care of you and there is a possibility of her making a good home, please marry her. Convince your parents why you should.

Better still, enroll her.

Goodluck!
Re: Can I Marry Someone Who Doesn't Have A Tertiary Education? by taylor88(m): 8:32am On Oct 07, 2017
Amarabae:
a hardworking ssce holder with an income earning skill is marriageable,
let him encourge her to further her studies via part time even if in a polythecnic,
so it should not stop them from getting married,

Pls don't quote me again

My nyash is paining me

I go carry my longer throat go chop yoruba woman stew

Even when i Fart pepper dey enter my eyes

So am not seeing ur mentions
Re: Can I Marry Someone Who Doesn't Have A Tertiary Education? by Amarabae(f): 8:38am On Oct 07, 2017
taylor88:

Pls don't quote me again

My nyash is paining me

Even when i Fart i pepper dey enter my eyes

1 Like

Re: Can I Marry Someone Who Doesn't Have A Tertiary Education? by Draei: 8:40am On Oct 07, 2017
taylor88:

Enrol in which part time

Stop sounding like a nincompoop early this
morning, Fuçk the Bsc if she can read, write &
speak. Especially when she is working...
Re: Can I Marry Someone Who Doesn't Have A Tertiary Education? by nelson7777: 8:43am On Oct 07, 2017
Re: Can I Marry Someone Who Doesn't Have A Tertiary Education? by galadima77(m): 8:54am On Oct 07, 2017
Please don't marry her...leave her for someone who rightly deserves her.
Re: Can I Marry Someone Who Doesn't Have A Tertiary Education? by Nobody: 9:08am On Oct 07, 2017
Marrying an illiterate is not easy, your thinking level and her thinking level won't be the same. Advice her to enroll in poly, get ND at least.

1 Like

Re: Can I Marry Someone Who Doesn't Have A Tertiary Education? by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 07, 2017
Amarabae:
So go on and marry her
He said "the mum said he should not marry from that area" that is in addition to the girl's qualification.

There is nothing the guy can do about it.
Re: Can I Marry Someone Who Doesn't Have A Tertiary Education? by Nobody: 9:20am On Oct 07, 2017
MaritzaNL:
Marrying an illiterate is not easy, your thinking level and her thinking level won't be the same. Advice her to enroll in poly, get ND at least.
Some o'level holders are better than graduate,quote me and get married to an illiterate.
Re: Can I Marry Someone Who Doesn't Have A Tertiary Education? by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 07, 2017
PrincessBecks:
I have a friend here in Abuja. She's my hair stylist. This lady is damn good at what she does. She speaks and writes in English like a Ph.D holder to my envy.

...Guess what? She's an SSCE HOLDER.

So fam, tertiary education to an extent is just an added advantage. Cos I've seen a whole lot of ladies here who can't even compose a full sentence, talk more of a letter.

If the said girl is good, go get her. Be a man. Its you and not your parents.

Again...
If she can take care of you and there is a possibility of her making a good home, please marry her. Convince your parents why you should.
!

Better still, enroll her.

Goodluck!
Here in minna i meet two corps members who were learning tailoring under a school cert,many graduates are stranded while the so called illiterates smiles to the bank via their handwork.
Re: Can I Marry Someone Who Doesn't Have A Tertiary Education? by gentlegenius(m): 11:56am On Oct 07, 2017
oloyeagbaakin:
Hello Sir's and Ma's have been dating this girl for quite some time I love her and she loves me also but she doesn't have a tertiary education but though she has a handy work she is a hairdresser and she makes hair everyday but Mum and Dad has warned me that i should not marry from their area and a girl that is not educated how will I convinced my parents or should I leave the girl and search for something better?
Yes... You can marry her. Tertiary education is over rated especially in Nigeria.
As a matter of fact, I am a graduate, but I am looking for a girl without Tertiary education to marry(for reasons best known to me).

1 Like

Re: Can I Marry Someone Who Doesn't Have A Tertiary Education? by PrincessBecks(f): 11:57am On Oct 07, 2017
AntiIPOB:
Here in minna i meet two corps members who were learning tailoring under a school cert,many graduates are stranded while the so called illiterates smiles to the bank via their handwork.

You can then imagine
Re: Can I Marry Someone Who Doesn't Have A Tertiary Education? by gentlegenius(m): 11:58am On Oct 07, 2017
udemejack:
[/b]an who told you that its only when you go to school that you can succeed?.............
Stop daydreaming bro.the world has gon beyond that level.
Well said my broda...
Re: Can I Marry Someone Who Doesn't Have A Tertiary Education? by gentlegenius(m): 12:05pm On Oct 07, 2017
CEEcey:
It's not all about Education

What you should be concerned about is how deep her parent pocket is

People wey go University where dem dey?

Education is not valued in this country again.
What happens in our tertiary institutions is Academics and not Education!
Academics contribute little or nothing to our overall success in life.
Education is what remains in you when you have forgotten all the Academics you learned in school.
Anyone can get education through what they learn in their day to day life.

1 Like

Re: Can I Marry Someone Who Doesn't Have A Tertiary Education? by gentlegenius(m): 12:07pm On Oct 07, 2017
Saintsammurai:
Tertiary education is a form of post secondary education, like after high school.. Now for a lady that went through high school, i think tertiary education should not determine if you want to get married to her or not.. what matters is that She is mature, loyal and resourceful and above all, "you both love each other" remember the richest black woman on earth was just a tertiary education graduate, what matters is that she is resourceful..
She isn't a tertiary education graduate. I think you made a mistake there.
Re: Can I Marry Someone Who Doesn't Have A Tertiary Education? by gentlegenius(m): 12:11pm On Oct 07, 2017
taylor88:

Pls don't quote me again

My nyash is paining me

Even when i Fart pepper dey enter my eyes

You tried to be funny but sorry to say this...

YOU FAILED....

Try harder next time.
Re: Can I Marry Someone Who Doesn't Have A Tertiary Education? by muller101(m): 12:13pm On Oct 07, 2017
Carry ur cross alone so u won't blame Nairalanders when tragedy strucks.
Re: Can I Marry Someone Who Doesn't Have A Tertiary Education? by GoldNiagara(m): 12:17pm On Oct 07, 2017
oloyeagbaakin:

If you can man the education of your children, no wahala. Don't marry to pity a lady, if you love her, send her to school. Know this the immediate education of your children lies in the hand of your wife.
Re: Can I Marry Someone Who Doesn't Have A Tertiary Education? by Lalas247(f): 12:21pm On Oct 07, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Can I Marry Someone Who Doesn't Have A Tertiary Education? by Ladyjumong(f): 12:21pm On Oct 07, 2017
love is blind

1 Like

Re: Can I Marry Someone Who Doesn't Have A Tertiary Education? by gentlegenius(m): 12:23pm On Oct 07, 2017
MaritzaNL:
How did your dictionary defines the word 'Illiterate'?
Is it someone that has not been to tertiary institution?
Pls check the real meaning of that word again...
Then try and visit any NYSC camp in Nigeria and you'll be surprised to see graduates that completely fit into the definition of' 'Illiterate'.
Re: Can I Marry Someone Who Doesn't Have A Tertiary Education? by ednut1(m): 12:26pm On Oct 07, 2017
MaritzaNL:
an illiterate is someone who cannot read and write. In Uk most pple dont go to university. Dey stop at college and enta labour market

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Can Get My Ex Out Of My Head. / Valentine’s Day: 5 Sex Positions Every Lady Should Try With Their Man Today / Why Are Kalabari Men So Sophisticated?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.