Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,686 members, 7,831,127 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? - Religion (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? (47118 Views)

Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? / Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? / "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Amberon11: 5:04pm On Oct 08, 2017
I need further clarification.
supersystemsnig:

Lets visit the root of why tithes are given. Visit Abraham, he gave his the because he met someone greater and in return, his tithe opened the door for virtue to flow, you only give tithe to someone you see up, so the benefits flows into your life consequentially. You have it in the reverse... If you want deep personal analysis, hit me up, i'll explain...too tired to type....
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by encrypt(m): 5:05pm On Oct 08, 2017
Well the way i see it I've done this before..We don't keep a tithe card or get hounded for tithe..it's second sunday if you pay fine if not you won't be asked after that.
So if for any reason i miss that Sunday i simply pay it to the collection for the poor.
As far as I'm concerned you did the right thing compared with the alternatives you had at hand.
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 08, 2017
Amberon11:
I need further clarification.

Give me time i will take time to explain in details and maybe create a thread but not today
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Student125(m): 5:06pm On Oct 08, 2017
adjoviomole:

Yes I said it is mandatory, but no one should be pushed around into doing what is right. If you pay your tithe good of you and if you don't good of you. God is the judge.

Malachi 3:8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.

Rob God? sounds funny.
since it s for God to judge, you guys should just leave whoever that decided to pay his tithe anyhow they like to God the same way you leave God to judge ur pastors on whatever they do with ur tithes.
so y the fuss, y say he is wrong, as if he committed a sin or are u guys d judge.
Even though religion is helpful in some ways but I know this world would be better without religion.
I believe in the creator God and not religion.

1 Like

Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by adjoviomole(m): 5:09pm On Oct 08, 2017
Student125:

Rob God? sounds funny.
since it s for God to judge, you guys should just leave whoever that decided to pay his tithe anyhow they like to God the same way you leave God to judge ur pastors on whatever they do with ur tithes.
so y the fuss, y say he is wrong, as if he committed a sin or are u guys d judge.
Even though religion is helpful in some ways but I know this world would be better without religion.
I believe in the creator God and not religion.

He created a thread asking if what he did was right and I have given my opinion.
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by pocohantas(f): 5:10pm On Oct 08, 2017
sirfee:
grin Because I love religious people,I may become a pastorpreneur or an imam in the future.

How are you,why are you online on Sunday morning,you don join us?

I missed this. Have I ever been their member? I have no strength for all these hypocritical christians that full everywhere.
I don't need religion to tell me right or wrong.
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by encrypt(m): 5:10pm On Oct 08, 2017
Ask yourself this would you rather save someones life than pay your tithe.
You have allocated your money for the month and all you have left is your tithe you encounter and accident victim do you use that tithe to save the person or you say to him it is well with you and dance with your tithe to the altar??

Lord when did i see you naked and gave you clothes...hungry and gave you food?

Whatsover you do to the least of my brothers that you do onto me.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Nobodys(f): 5:11pm On Oct 08, 2017
adjoviomole:

Oya carry your money and goan put it by the door step of your church..... How do we rob God?
its obvious u hav gone out of point......even the bible that says pluck out ur eye doesnt mean you shud pluck it off in reality... If the bible says we shud lay it at the gates where the needy usually are , den i guess u know what that means.. It means carry it to where the needy are and call on the name of God and that wud be Gods storehouse becus the needy has gotten somtin from there.... Storehouse isnt compulsory to be the church.. As the church can be Gods store house so can an orphanage home be Gods store house......deut say where the name of thy lord is placed ... I hope i hav not confused you dear...
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Nobodys(f): 5:12pm On Oct 08, 2017
encrypt:
You have allocated your money for the month and all you have left is your tithe you encounter and accident victim do you use that tithe to save the person or you say to him it is well with you and dance with your tithe to the altar??

God bless you
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by adjoviomole(m): 5:13pm On Oct 08, 2017
Nobodys:
its obvious u hav gone out of point......even the bible that says pluck out ur eye doesnt mean you shud pluck it off in reality... If the bible says we shud lay it at the gates where the needy usually are , den i guess u know what that means.. It means carry it to where the needy are and call on the name of God and that wud be Gods storehouse becus the needy has gotten somtin from there.... Storehouse isnt compulsory to be the church.. As the church can be Gods store house so can an orphanage home be Gods store house......deut say where the name of thy lord is placed ... I hope i hav not confused you dear...

Did you even read that deutaronomy at all? What are the things said to be brought to the store house?
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Nnamekus1(m): 5:15pm On Oct 08, 2017
Read Deuteronomy 26 vs 12
When you have finished setting aside a tenth of all your produce in the third year, the year of the tithe, you shall give it to the Levite, the foreigner, the fatherless and the widow, so that they may eat.
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Nobodys(f): 5:16pm On Oct 08, 2017
adjoviomole:

Did you even read that deutaronomy at all? What are the things said to be brought to the store house?
wine food and bla bla.. If its too heavy den transfer it to money den bring it to where Gods name is placed. Den use the money for what your soul lust after...for wine , for food, for oxen or whatever thy soul desireth... Thats what my king james says..
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by adjoviomole(m): 5:17pm On Oct 08, 2017
encrypt:

You are missing the point. No one is saying what the op did is not good. We are just pointing out that he still owes his tithe to God simple. We all do good to the poor in our own way. But nothing should come between the tithe you owe to God and your obligation to the needy. They are two different things.

1 Like

Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Nnamekus1(m): 5:17pm On Oct 08, 2017
bedspread
post=61202766:

GOOD FOR U.... but if am to tell u wat I know about Tithe, I'll say u paid ur Tithe in the wrong way.
When you have finished setting aside a tenth of all your produce in the third year, the year of the tithe, you shall give it to the Levite, the foreigner, the fatherless and the widow, so that they may eat.
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by ElizaVeta(f): 5:17pm On Oct 08, 2017
Giving to the needy is far more different from paying of tithe. There are blessings that come from them separately.
Double dose of blessing is when you practice the two!
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by adjoviomole(m): 5:18pm On Oct 08, 2017
ElizaVeta:
Giving to the needy is far more different from paying of tithe.
There are blessings that come from them separately.

Double dose of blessing is when you practice the two!

Exactly
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Nobodys(f): 5:20pm On Oct 08, 2017
Nnamekus1:
anoda prooff... Wel swithrt the funny thing is our pastors use verse 10 to preach for first fruits buh nooo they wud never go down to verse 12... Christianity isnt the problem. D problem is our bad religious leaders
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by akinade28(f): 5:22pm On Oct 08, 2017
It's amazing and also pathetic, d way a lot Christian has been brainwashed overtime by so called men of God.
I didn't know some Christian are this gullible and will refuse to learn.
Pls let's all read our bible not depend only what our pastor says.

1 Like

Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by adjoviomole(m): 5:23pm On Oct 08, 2017
Nobodys:
wine food and bla bla.. If its too heavy den transfer it to money den bring it to where Gods name is placed. Den use the money for what your soul lust after...for wine , for food, for oxen or whatever thy soul desireth... Thats what my king james says..

Good according to Malachi 3:10 it says bring every tithe into my house that their may be good in my house.

The levites where not given any inheritance, they are full time workers in the temple. The tithes brought to the house of God is what is being used to cater for them and the poor and to also maintain the church.
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by KingsleyCEO: 5:26pm On Oct 08, 2017
There is a way these stuff should be handled, that money is compulsorily to church...

Hut offering is not compulsory so you can do what ever you like with your offerings and not that 10%
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Nobodys(f): 5:31pm On Oct 08, 2017
adjoviomole:

Good according to Malachi 3:10 it says bring every tithe into my house that their may be good in my house.

The levites where not given any inheritance, they are full time workers in the temple. The tithes brought to the house of God is what is being used to cater for them and the poor and to also maintain the church.
okay dont twist the bible now...it dint just say the levites buh also includes the fatherless. Widows, poor , needy ,stranger....so if our tithes are also meant for these people then why did you say the op still owes God his tithes? Whereas he has given it to a category of people in the list which are the beggars? He gives his tithes to the church for maintenances all these years and decides to give to a beggar today and that means he hasnt paid his tithe??......admit it dear... The op has paid tithe and God is probably glad over it and u are here saying him dy owe God....

1 Like

Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by FODA(m): 5:32pm On Oct 08, 2017
mdokaba1:
It was a very stressful week for me as it involved lots of travels and all. So its a Saturday and I was paid for a project I did for the month past.

Going by my tired nature, I knew deep down me that there was no way I could have made it to church the next day and I was hell bent on paying my tithe because of the inherent blessings therein and the last thing on my mind would be to give it to my nebor to pay it for me. (The guy broke and besides I didn't want him to start calculating my take-home (Na sharp man). And I knew deep down that if I keep the money till the next time I would be in church, I was sure I would spend it. (God have mercy on me sha)

So I decided even before getting home to package my tithe and while in the market on a shopping spree I package my tithe and dropped it in the plate of an old beggar. (A mulsim beggar precisely)

Instantly, I saw 50 shades of shocks on her face as she looked at me for a few seconds and I could read her facials more like "For this Buharia?" Lols. And before I disappeared into the crowd, I could see/read her lips mutter prayers pointing towards me. And deep down, I felt blessed and fulfilled.

But was I wrong to have given my 10percent to a beggar instead of to the alter?

Opinions please.
I know you are lying ,but keep it up,looking for cheap attention by all means.
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by lightinchrist4: 5:34pm On Oct 08, 2017
Seamareggae:

So him giving it to a beggar... Means he didn't give it to God... Right?

Until he gives it to a pastor... Then it becomes tithe right... .

God help us...

I'm talking about tithe here it's supposed to be payed to the House of God for God's work that is, maintaining anything that has to do with his place of worship likewise for the provision for the poor and other charitable activities. Unfortunately, most churches have turned things the other way round. When you give alms to the poor, you will get your reward from God not man.
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by adjoviomole(m): 5:34pm On Oct 08, 2017
Nobodys:
okay dont twist the bible now...it dint just say the levites buh also includes the fatherless. Widows, poor , needy ,stranger....so if our tithes are also meant for these people then why did you say the op still owes God his tithes? Whereas he has given it to a category of people in the list which are the beggars? He gives his tithes to the church for maintenances all these years and decides to give to a beggar today and that means he hasnt paid his tithe??......admit it dear... The op has paid tithe and God is probably glad over it and u are here saying him dy owe God....

Obedience is better than sacrifice. Simple Obedience bring your tithe to Gods house. If you want to play your card this way then it is disobedience.
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by lightinchrist4: 5:35pm On Oct 08, 2017
smiliyB:
so until he give for church you know he gives it to God...smh...Jesus Christ taught us that whatever you do for your fellow man,you did that for God. For when I'm hungry,you gave me food. when I was nake,you clothed me...I guess you have seen that in the word of God.

Yes, you are right but im talking about TITHE.
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by adjoviomole(m): 5:40pm On Oct 08, 2017
Most of you are just missing the point here. The op set the money aside solely to take to the house of God to pay his tithe. And then something of an emergency comes up, and he ends up using the money for it. Fine what he did was good in the sight of God, but the fact remains that he still owes his tithe.

For example you are given money to pay your school fee, you used the money to pay for your departmental fee, hello! You still owe your school fee. Simple
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Nobodys(f): 5:43pm On Oct 08, 2017
adjoviomole:

Obedience is better than sacrifice. Simple Obedience bring your tithe to Gods house. If you want to play your card this way then it is disobedience.
as expected . U jump from the topic line to another...what is Gods house..... Was it written that bring it to the church?? It says storehouse..and storehouse can be anywhere where Gods name is place...to the beggar whom the op helped that venue automatically became a storehouse for him becus he got somtin from it...and if the op prayed with him and called Gods name den Gods name is placed there...therefore the op gave his tithes to a beggar at Gods storehouse.....dont let the bible confuse you....leave that malachi and read other passages for a better understanding..not only malachi....
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Rick9(m): 5:44pm On Oct 08, 2017
My Own Personal Opinion.

Give to Caesar, What Belongs to Caesar And Give to GOD, what belongs to GOD,
I'm not saying you did the wrong thing, but I still believe that tithing and charity are two different things entirely.

I would give to GOD that which belongs to GOD amd , from the spare I would gladly give to the less privileged.

Its just like this, I have workers working for me, when its time to pay them their salary, I would go and use their money for charity, to me it doesn't make sense at all, because the workers deserve their pay in full.

So I would give to GOD first.
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Rick9(m): 5:45pm On Oct 08, 2017
bedspread:
GOOD FOR U.... but if am to tell u wat I know about Tithe, I'll say u paid ur Tithe in the wrong way.

I concur
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Student125(m): 5:45pm On Oct 08, 2017
adjoviomole:
Most of you are just missing the point here. The op set the money aside solely to take to the house of God to pay his tithe. And then something of an emergency comes up, and he ends up using the money for it. Fine what he did was good in the sight of God, but the fact remains that he still owes his tithe.

For example you are given money to pay your school fee, you used the money to pay for your departmental fee, hello! You still owe your school fee. Simple
This is where am having problem with u, since if he like he can pay and he likes he may not, it is not urs to say he still owe as if you are God the judge.

1 Like

Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Rick9(m): 5:46pm On Oct 08, 2017
bedspread:

It's Wonderful to give to the poor... INFACT the Bible specifically talks about dt.

But Your Tithe is not a gift. Neither is it your money. Your Tithe is GOD's SHARE of your Money. And He Directs where it should be taken to. See Malachi 3:10
You have spoken well
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Nobodys(f): 5:48pm On Oct 08, 2017
adjoviomole:

haaaaa... So u dint even read d post.. Shaiiii... He said he cudnt make it to church and he wud most likely spend it if he kips it til when he can attend church so he decided to give it to a beggar..u dint read and you started saying d op neva pay tithe ...lolxx..am done dear .. Bye

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (27) (Reply)

Deeper Life Church Building Collapses In Lagos, Worshippers Injured / Escoba Smith Buys His Pastor 2017 Toyota Prado As Birthday Gift (Photos) / Is It A Sin For Married Couples To Use Condoms?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.