Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,209 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? - Religion (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? (46983 Views)

Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? / Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? / "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by adjoviomole(m): 5:49pm On Oct 08, 2017
Nobodys:
as expected . U jump from the topic line to another...what is Gods house..... Was it written that bring it to the church?? It says storehouse..and storehouse can be anywhere where Gods name is place...to the beggar whom the op helped that venue automatically became a storehouse for him becus he got somtin from it...and if the op prayed with him and called Gods name den Gods name is placed there...therefore the op gave his tithes to a beggar at Gods storehouse.....dont let the bible confuse you....leave that malachi and read other passages for a better understanding..not only malachi....

So I should leave that Malachi lmao. Between what is the instruction in the same Deuteronomy you have been quoting? The person who was instructed to use it to buy anything is whom the storehouse is far away from. As you can see again obedience is better than sacrifice. The so called storehouse is not just anywhere but a designated place. Read and understand bro
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Bibi294(f): 5:49pm On Oct 08, 2017
castro316:

Noooo...I ove you so much to et you go without understanding o. ....... read verse 29 well the quote me after understanding. we are doing online bible studies here.
There is nothing to understand here.... For example, there is a passage in the bible that speaks about clean and unclean meats(animal)... And later, there is somewhere God ordered assorted meats(both clean and unclean) to me, Malachi 3 is above Deuteronomy 14
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Gggg102(m): 5:50pm On Oct 08, 2017
adjoviomole:

Malachi 3 :8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.
how has he robbed God?
tithe means food that you give to the poor
if you think I'm lying read Deuteronomy 14:24-29

1 Like

Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Nobodys(f): 5:50pm On Oct 08, 2017
Rick9:
My Own Personal Opinion.

Give to Caesar, What Belongs to Caesar And Give to GOD, what belongs to GOD,
I'm not saying you did the wrong thing, but I still believe that tithing and charity are two different things entirely.

I would give to GOD that which belongs to GOD amd , from the spare I would gladly give to the less privileged.

Its just like this, I have workers working for me, when its time to pay them their salary, I would go and use their money for charity, to me it doesn't make sense at all, because the workers deserve their pay in full.

So I would give to GOD first.
and how do you give to God dear.by giving to the needy...how to you cloth God. By clothing the naked..simple a b c

1 Like

Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by LordOfNaira: 5:51pm On Oct 08, 2017
DonBobes:

Referring me to Old Testament
Jeez!!!!!!
Wey Jesus don clean dat with His blood.
Blood of God.
Abeg u get space der i de com faint

Those shoes are what many of these lazy Christian brethren of mine should be wearing? They are sounding so confused.
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by adjoviomole(m): 5:52pm On Oct 08, 2017
Nobodys:
haaaaa... So u dint even read d post.. Shaiiii... He said he cudnt make it to church and he wud most likely spend it if he kips it til when he can attend church so he decided to give it to a beggar..u dint read and you started saying d op neva pay tithe ...lolxx..am done dear .. Bye

Did the op set the money aside at first to give to the poor? What was the original motive behind the keeping of the money?

You definitely didn't read what the op wrote, kindly go back and do
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Gggg102(m): 5:53pm On Oct 08, 2017
I DON'T KNOW WHY PEOPLE KEEP SAYING THAT TITHES AND ALMS ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS

YOU PEOPLE SHOULD JUST READ DEUTERONOMY 14:24-29
WHERE IT CLEARLY STATES THAT TITHE IS FOOD FOR THE POOR, WIDOW ETC
IF YOUR BIBLE STATES ANYTHING DIFFERENT NOTIFY ME

1 Like

Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by adjoviomole(m): 5:54pm On Oct 08, 2017
Gggg102:

how has he robbed God?
tithe means food that you give to the poor
if you think I'm lying read Deuteronomy 14:24-29

Ok let's start from the scratch.

What is tithe?

A tithe (/ˈtaɪð/; from Old English: teogoþa "tenth"wink is a one-tenth part of something, paid as a contribution to a religious organization or compulsory tax to government.
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by LordOfNaira: 5:55pm On Oct 08, 2017
Nobodys:
and how do you give to God dear.by giving to the needy...how to you cloth God. By clothing the naked..simple a b c

Wisdom. I am not a Christian but I share Gandhi's sentiments about Jesus!!! I love their Jesus but I don't like the Christians!!!

2 Likes

Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Nobodys(f): 5:55pm On Oct 08, 2017
adjoviomole:

So I should leave that Malachi lmao. Between what is the instruction in the same Deuteronomy you have been quoting? The person who was instructed to use it to buy anything is whom the storehouse is far away from. As you can see again obedience is better than sacrifice. The so called storehouse is not just anywhere but a designated place. Read and understand bro
am a girl..and it seems like you dont understand literary terms...i dint mean you shud leave it..i mean make more research with more passage to get a better understanding btw are you quarelling with deutoreunomy....and in this case the op church was far from him so he gave it at a closer storehouse....so u are no judge to say he hasnt pasid tithe...
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by adjoviomole(m): 5:58pm On Oct 08, 2017
Ok the bottom line is that those of you saying the op does not need to pay his tithes are in the same shoes, you owe your tithe. Denying God his tithe is robbing him. Tithe, offering, arms giving are different practices that we as Christians must do. As true Christians, you must help the needy and the poor, you must pay your tithes, you must give your offerings too. May God bless you all. I rest my case
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Gggg102(m): 6:01pm On Oct 08, 2017
adjoviomole:

What is tithe?

A tithe (/ˈtaɪð/; from Old English: teogoþa "tenth"wink is a one-tenth part of something, paid as a contribution to a religious organization or compulsory tax to government.

you want to start from scratch?
why don't you start from where the culture of tithe payment started and see how it was paid and the rules concerning it.
...still referring to deuteronomy chapter 14 verses 24 to 29.

1 Like

Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Nobodys(f): 6:01pm On Oct 08, 2017
adjoviomole:

Did the op set the money aside at first to give to the poor? What was the original motive behind the keeping of the money?

You definitely didn't read what the op wrote, kindly go back and do
stop contradicting urself pls....he kept it for tithe....and tithe can be paid in many ways... Given to pastor, stranger, needy, poor or even used on ones self to buy drink and merriment in Gods storehouse,(says deut 14 and 26)... So the op decided to give it to the beggars ..so oga has he paid his tithe Yes
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by adjoviomole(m): 6:01pm On Oct 08, 2017
Nobodys:
am a girl..and it seems like you dont understand literary terms...i dint mean you shud leave it..i mean make more research with more passage to get a better understanding btw are you quarelling with deutoreunomy....and in this case the op church was far from him so he gave it at a closer storehouse....so u are no judge to say he hasnt pasid tithe...

sorry woman. You are concluding for the op. He never said the church was far from his house. He was just tired due to the hard work during the weekend. And this point is from Deuteronomy.
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by aku626(m): 6:01pm On Oct 08, 2017
Good you’ve done well in your deeds to the needy but I’d it written to give your TITHE to the poor? An understanding of what tithe is about would help.
You Know those guys that begging is a hobby when you give to them and you realize that they’re just going to continue begging you’d never give such a person again right? Some kind hearted people would still give to other beggars and most times too scarred to give.
Why is it not so with tithe when you see your tithe isn’t used for the propagation of Gods Work but rather enriching Gods servant? The purpose of tithe is supposed to make house of God a place where these poor people can come and receive help. If your tithe isn’t used to bring people to God Be careful

1 Like

Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by adjoviomole(m): 6:06pm On Oct 08, 2017
Nobodys:
stop contradicting urself pls....he kept it for tithe....and tithe can be paid in many ways... Given to pastor, stranger, needy, poor or even used on ones self to buy drink and merriment in Gods storehouse,(says deut 14 and 26)... So the op decided to give it to the beggars ..so oga has he paid his tithe Yes

All you mentioned above is meant for only those whom the storehouse is far away from. Kindly read that Deuteronomy again ma
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Student125(m): 6:06pm On Oct 08, 2017
adjoviomole:
Ok the bottom line is that those of you saying the op does not need to pay his tithes are in the same shoes, you owe your tithe. Denying God his tithe is robbing him. Tithe, offering, arms giving are different practices that we as Christians must do. As true Christians, you must help the needy and the poor, you must pay your tithes, you must give your offerings too. May God bless you all. I rest my case
is paying tight in d 10 commandments?
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Nobodys(f): 6:06pm On Oct 08, 2017
adjoviomole:
he dint rob God cause he neva denied God his tithe...rather he denied his pastor ....and gave it to a beggar..and that doesnt stop Gods blessing....
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Gggg102(m): 6:06pm On Oct 08, 2017
adjoviomole:

What is tithe?

also if you really wanted to start from scratch, you wouldn't start from English because the English did not start tithe payment but the Jews

1 Like

Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by adjoviomole(m): 6:07pm On Oct 08, 2017
Student125:

is paying tight in d 10 commandments?

Is the golden rule in the ten commandment? '' love your neighbours as yourself ''
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Nobodys(f): 6:07pm On Oct 08, 2017
adjoviomole:

All you mentioned above is meant for only those whom the storehouse is far away from. Kindly read that Deuteronomy again ma
kindly state the verse where it is so...
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by adjoviomole(m): 6:10pm On Oct 08, 2017
Nobodys:
kindly state the verse where it is so...

Here it is ma. Deuteronomy 22:4. But if the journey is too long for you, so that you are not able to carry the tithe, or if the place where the LORD your God chooses to put His name is too far from you, when the LORD your God has blessed you,
25. then you shall exchange it for money, take the money in your hand, and go to the place which the LORD your God chooses.
26. And you shall spend that money for whatever your heart desires: for oxen or sheep, for wine or similar drink, for whatever your heart desires; you shall eat there before the LORD your God, and you shall rejoice, you and your household.
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by kratosemeritus(m): 6:11pm On Oct 08, 2017
Different seeds for different soil... Tithe is a seed and beggers are not the best soil for it.
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Oct 08, 2017
bedspread:

It's Wonderful to give to the poor... INFACT the Bible specifically talks about dt.

But Your Tithe is not a gift. Neither is it your money. Your Tithe is GOD's SHARE of your Money. And He Directs where it should be taken to. See Malachi 3:10
Well said bro. You are very correct. What he gave to the poor was a gift, but if you must call it a tithe which is 10% of your income, it MUST go to God. Whosoever eats it in the church is not ur biz. Just do your own.
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Chuks4blu(m): 6:12pm On Oct 08, 2017
Given to a begger is infact a great thing, it is good to be a giver but paying your tithe to a begger is absolutely wrong. Pls go and read the book of malak 3:8
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by heysquare(m): 6:14pm On Oct 08, 2017
mdokaba1:

Exactly the scriptures that sprung on my mind when I gave her.

And it gave me inner peace and I felt proud to have lent to the Lord.
im very sure u enjoyed a kind of peace ur heart dat yesterday because of d weight of dat u did. if TB Joshua could do dat by giving to a muslim beggars nothing stop u from doing dat as well. may God reward you in folds. you can even give t your ur poor neighbour and enjoy a peace in ur heart.
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Nobodys(f): 6:15pm On Oct 08, 2017
adjoviomole:

Here it is ma. Deuteronomy 22:4. But if the journey is too long for you, so that you are not able to carry the tithe, or if the place where the LORD your God chooses to put His name is too far from you, when the LORD your God has blessed you,
25. then you shall exchange it for money, take the money in your hand, and go to the place which the LORD your God chooses.
26. And you shall spend that money for whatever your heart desires: for oxen or sheep, for wine or similar drink, for whatever your heart desires; you shall eat there before the LORD your God, and you shall rejoice, you and your household.
... U are twisting the bible..the passage said we shud bring our oxens and food buh if d place is too far den change it to money and bring it and do the same thing you wud do if the storehouse was close to you...that what that place means
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by adjoviomole(m): 6:16pm On Oct 08, 2017
Gggg102:

also if you really wanted to start from scratch, you wouldn't start from English because the English did not start tithe payment but the Jews

Lol so that's how you wanna play. I'm enjoying this. Ok let's go by yours then. What is tithe? To you?
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by CENTAX: 6:17pm On Oct 08, 2017
Was he propagating satan's words by cheerfully giving to the poor?
bedspread:
PROPAGATING GOD'S WORD NEEDS MONEY

1 Like

Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by Nobodys(f): 6:17pm On Oct 08, 2017
Chuks4blu:
Given to a begger is infact a great thing, it is good to be a giver but paying your tithe to a begger is absolutely wrong. Pls go and read the book of malak 3:8
dear..u also go and read deau 14 and 26 vs 12...
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by adjoviomole(m): 6:18pm On Oct 08, 2017
Nobodys:
... U are twisting the bible..the passage said we shud bring our oxens and food buh if d place is too far den change it to money and bring it and do the same thing you wud do if the storehouse was close to you...that what that place means

Ok fine so you agree nowhere is it written that you should give your tithe meant for the store house to baggers?
Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by adjoviomole(m): 6:20pm On Oct 08, 2017
Nobodys:
he dint rob God cause he neva denied God his tithe...rather he denied his pastor ....and gave it to a beggar..and that doesnt stop Gods blessing....

Don't be deluded. So because of what your pastors do with the tithe, you are now justified to substitute it by giving it to the poor? Is that it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (27) (Reply)

RCCG Youths Hold EndSARS, EndSWAT Prayer Rally At Redemption Camp / Pastor Jonathan David: 'Buhari Will Win Nigeria’s Presidential Election / Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.