Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,475 members, 7,830,390 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. (16179 Views)

The Worst Injuries You Have Had, Share Your Experiences / Asthmatic Patients,share Your Experiences And What Medication Works For You. / Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by Nobody: 3:25am On Mar 10, 2010
riversman:

like she said, her husband to be is supportive and going thru with it, who told yall that she will actually get pregnant, BTW - 50% of kids born to HIV+ moms have tested negative,

AIDS shuld and must not end your LIFE nor steal from the JOY pf life,

CANCER to me is worse than AIDS, cos it has no mercy on your soul, HIV+ is situation that can be maintained,

HOW MANY OF YOU ACTUALLY TELL THE TRUTH TO YOUR SEXUAL PARTNERS abeg make i hear word, if u dont wanna spread it then, close ya legs and be celibate
You do realize that there are multiple ways of spreading HIV right? Sexual reproduction is not the only way. . . .
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by riversman: 3:35am On Mar 10, 2010
Did u read ayettemama's post very well

Her "dont spread it" ,was in regards to child bearing, the OP already stated she was in a relationship that had a next stop at the altar,

**logs off to watch JOY BEHAR****
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by Nobody: 3:39am On Mar 10, 2010
riversman:

Did u read ayettemama's post very well

Her "dont spread it" ,was in regards to child bearing, the OP already stated she was in a relationship that had a next stop at the altar,

**logs off to watch JOY BEHAR****
If that's the only preventive step you disagree with, then I see your point.
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by lousyyabz: 3:41am On Mar 10, 2010
riversman u are too wise. chop knockle jo
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by Medlabgirl: 4:37am On Mar 10, 2010
******BAH!!!!***** Why is it that Nigerians can never EVER!! read the instructions?? I hate to swear but WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!

The POSTER clearly said this particular thread was for people living with HIV to SHARE their experiences, not to come on here for gadsakes and offer inane platitudes. One dummy even said eyaah Kpele, total dumbass!!!

Lets admit it, HIV is a damn scary thing!!! It however may be well managed. If a lot of it was contracted by any means other than sexual, perhaps it would not be so stigmatized.

My dad was HIV positive for more than 15 years before he passed away at 86; He was a freaking rich man and he was as good looking and tempting as sin. The women simply fell into his lap. The ones he didn`t chase chased him. I must say that we did not go on TV and announce it to the world, and a lot of his management was from South Africa and the UK. Bloody expensive as I recall.

I do believe in miracles. My mom is status NEGATIVE for HIV and we had her tested for 5 years straight after he died; so that has to be a miracle.

For the guys busy watching Joy Behar, Well Really!!!
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by Nobody: 4:59am On Mar 10, 2010
akigbemaru:

Carry your Yeye Allah go somewhere, he has all the cure, why can he save Yar Adua. He was transported to Mecca, maybe if he throws stones to devil he may be cured. A lot people will stop going to Mecca, it's just calculated ruse to subterfuge black people. Arabs are so smart, they take the political will of religion and give feeble-minded like you the spiritual aspect. That's why you never find almajiris in Saudi Arabia. Then the funniest thing is, they promise you must visit mecca once in your lifetime, to get to the alujuna. Thank you for bring billions of dollars to arab world every year. But you get that Arab use Abu's money to welcome Abu. Civilization started in Africa and spiritualism was a gift given by God, we sold it to outside world over a pot of potridge or asaro. The outside world refined it and resale it back to us but holds the political part.
Like they say, Orisa to ba le gba mi, o sa se mi bi oti ba mi. Yar-Adua left in November 09, so shobby, but came back so gaunt. Then, the king of Saudi chased him away at last. If Yar would have had an arab color they would make sure he recuperates before chasing him out of Holy Land of peace.

LMFAO! *crying*. Well said.

Back on topic: God bless you @ the poster. I wish you well and you will be in my prayers even if I don't know your name. I have test every three months for HIV. I think people assume you have to be Homosexual, On drugs or sleep around to contract the disease not knowing while you may be faithful, your partner may not be or simply you can get the infection for coming into contact with infected person's blood. It is not bold of you, it is very BRAVE of you to say so on the forum. Stay positive and do not hide your status.

1 Like

Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by shilling(f): 6:02am On Mar 10, 2010
@ anonxxxx . . . . amazing. U go gal!!!!
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by Princek12(m): 6:04am On Mar 10, 2010
I guess it won't be Nairaland if there was no form of disagreement. Na waa ooo. In what is meant to be an emotional post to invite people to post encouraging words, some people are already fighting.

To the poster, may God in his divine and Supreme power heal and give you joy and happiness. Your diagnosis is not a death sentence.
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by mekusxxx: 6:32am On Mar 10, 2010
The poster is brave by half. Is his real name anonxxxx? The bravery can only be complete if he uses his real names grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by Girl846(f): 6:34am On Mar 10, 2010
PLEASE I WANT TO ENCOURAGE ALL THOSE TO GIVE THEIR LIVES TO GOD.

It may feel like there is no hope for salvation or you have sunken so deep.
I'm sure there are many feelings of fear, regret, anger and bitterness.
Do not think like that, God is ever loving and forgiving.
Repent and give your life to Jesus Christ.
You may not be cured of the illness but at least you will be assured of a place in paradise with our creator.

God Bless you all.
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by carnal: 7:29am On Mar 10, 2010
Just like dominique , AqRiUs Age , hope4hiv and others have mentioned. i want to commend the poster for his/her braveness and courage.
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by sayso: 8:04am On Mar 10, 2010
discuse your status,that is why he created this thread.
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by carnal: 8:04am On Mar 10, 2010
Just like dominique , AqRiUs Age , hope4hiv and others have mentioned. i want to commend

the poster for his/her braveness and courage.
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by 190: 8:21am On Mar 10, 2010
Goosh im too scared to get tested
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by carnal: 8:39am On Mar 10, 2010
[b]why is the moderator(dominique) deleting my post?
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by carnal: 8:48am On Mar 10, 2010
moderator should pls tell me why he/she is deleting my posting.?dont i have the rights to post here?i am hiv+ and i wish to share my experience to assist other and if am doing something wrong while doing that you need to let me know other than just deleting my posts.
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by spikedcylinder: 9:20am On Mar 10, 2010
Carnal, anti spam. It'll soon become visible. Pele.
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by Nobody: 9:35am On Mar 10, 2010
@ poster, God will bless you and heal you as a result of this bold step u hv taken.With the way you put this,i feel that u didnt really sleep around to get infected.You sound very innocent to me.God Almighty who knows know impossibility can still heal you.Let ur faith increase now than be4.Ask him for forgiveness and tell Him to redeem ur life.Always ask for the blood of Jesus to heal you and drink the blood as well.
When i tested negative twice, i really appreciate and thank God becos i know very well that i messed up big time whn i was in school and after but i just that God that i didnt fall a victim.
I have vowed in my life never to hv sleep around again.
Thnak God u hv a lovely and caring family and an understanding fiancé as well to support and encourage you.
I pray that it shall be well with your soul.
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by awumen: 10:07am On Mar 10, 2010
Just like dominique , AqRiUs Age , hope4hiv and others have mentioned. my advise is that people eat alot of fruits,add exercise to your routine,be happy,stay away from alcohol and stick to your partner.
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by ayettymama(f): 10:38am On Mar 10, 2010
listen to this guy

why would you have children if you know very well they will end up with HIV??- neways im jussayin

people callously spread the disease thats what i was refferin to

she got it from somewhere- and might be lookin to 'return the favour'

neways like i said- AIDS is killin them off in Africa

people need to take all precautions

pleeeze we've seen all the possibilities but most cases (except 4 children)

aids is spread by SEX!!!!!!
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by AzukaO(m): 10:40am On Mar 10, 2010
@ poster, there is a question you have not answered: Do you know how you contracted the virus? Do you suspect any particular act? Is it possible to know how the virus was contracted?

Did you go for routine test or was it the nausea/tiredness that made you go for test?

Your fiance tested negative. Have you been sexually involved with him. If so, for how long? And were you using Durex? (You are not using your real name, so you can say it the way it is)

Despite the fear, HIV/AIDS is just another disease. It is child's play compared to heart failure/cardiac arrest, even sickle cell anemia. Cancer is a horror. So let nobody start saying pele o, etc as if the poster is condemned/looking at the grave.
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by anonxxxx: 10:55am On Mar 10, 2010
@tope2001 girl when one test positive confusion sets in,ur mind will race round all ur activities form ur saloon visits to some one you ve dated or still dated and only very few people know the source cos the mode of transmission is more than one.

To all,thanks alot for your love,am happy i ve you all,who wouldn't want to live be with with lovely pals like u all?
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by stereotype: 11:25am On Mar 10, 2010
@ Poster, nice one!

I have a sister living with the HIV virus, this i got to find out very recently. She's been +ve for about 3 years now and the amazing story is that the fiancee knew she was HIV+ and still went ahead to marry her. They now have a baby girl and both the husband and daughter are not infected. it was all about her attitude and how my parents and siblings supported her and most importantly her belief in God's report and not the Doctor's report.
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by pingu2k5(m): 11:28am On Mar 10, 2010
How can she have children with her finace/husband without her passing the virus to him?
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by anonxxxx: 11:39am On Mar 10, 2010
@Azuka, i was very healthy when i went for the test,i actually went cos i was preparing for my marriage,the feeling of weakness and nausea was a side effect of my ARV treatment,i can't still point out the mode i contracted it because its difficult,i ve not been promiscuous but i ve at least been in-love twice,ve exposed my self to saloon needles and done ma nails in a saloon also,so tell me how i ll know?IT IS NOT EVEN NECESSARY

But the silly thing is that when i found, out i quickly asked the guy i dated for 3yrs to go for a test but he refused claiming to be scared so i let him be,at least my conscience is clean.
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by stereotype: 11:53am On Mar 10, 2010
@ pingu2k5, it has to be one of the mysteries of God.
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by kay80(m): 12:00pm On Mar 10, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

LMFAO! *crying*. Well said.

Back on topic: God bless you @ the poster. I wish you well and you will be in my prayers even if I don't know your name. I have test every three months for HIV. I think people assume you have to be Homosexual, On drugs or sleep around to contract the disease not knowing while you may be faithful, your partner may not be or simply you can get the infection for coming into contact with infected person's blood. It is not bold of you, it is very BRAVE of you to say so on the forum. Stay positive and do not hide your status.

I pity your case MzDarkSkin. Why is it that you people do not see anything good in the name of Allah? What is wrong with somebody stating a part of her belief that Allah (GOD) has created a cure for every disease. If there has been no cure for HIV AIDS yet, that does not mean it has no cure. It means scientists are yet to discover it. SIMPLE.
The issue of Yar'Dua health has nothing to do here. If Allah wills, He will grant him cure, though it is our prayer that he recovers. But I am sure that Yar'Dua knows that the ultimate goal of every Muslims is to enter paradise. So if he dies through this ill-health, it does not mean that the sickness he suffers from is not curable.

Let us be focussed in addressing issues.
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by badboym: 12:02pm On Mar 10, 2010
Well I must commend the Poster for her boldness.I have gone for the test twice and thank God am negative, I went for the last test some 2 weeks ago.The reason why I went for it is because I kept getting infected with Malaria and funny enough the Malaria hasn't left me since have been treating it since December.Am thinking of going for another test just in case there was a mistake in the last one .

With the awareness,have got now,I will be the last Nigger to stigmatize an hiv positive patient.I advice everyone to go for the test.Early detection helps.Someone in South Africa has been living with HIV for 27 years.We all know MAJIC JOHNSON ,this is his 18th year . So?
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by Liesel: 12:15pm On Mar 10, 2010
I think we are not getting the poster here, I dont think she posted this to get encouragements or commendations. I think she has been well educated on the condition and understands it perfectly. All thats needed here is for you to come out if you are positive and share your experiences and advices too so that other ppl can learn.
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by bigben3: 12:25pm On Mar 10, 2010
I like and respect your gut,Poster.There is really nothing wrong with living with the disease nowadays,it's all about knowing your status early enough and commencing treatment without delay and surely having a positive outlook and most importantly eating real well.ofcourse not forgetting the God factor.Cheers
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by anonxxxx: 12:36pm On Mar 10, 2010
Yeah i created this topic for people living with HIV to come out and empty their heart,share their experiences,i expect everyone to be free here cos real names are not mentioned,hiding and taking it all alone make no sense at all,i ve met alot of pple that are HIV+ that confined in me that they vie never opened up to anybody even their closest relation,and i keep wondering how one can bear this whole pain alone,its too much to bear alone esp during the first few months of knowing.
So this topic is mainly for the ones running this race , alone.

But while i we wait for them to make up their mind lets go on educating ourselves.
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by switchmax8: 12:40pm On Mar 10, 2010
i congratulate you for sharing the your status on this forum i dont have the gut to do that though am negative.I went for the test last dec 2010 because of my wedding and i tested negative the test was done in LUTH before the result came out i was half dead in spirit though i came out negative.Just went for a confirmatory test in Igando general hospital again and am still negative.Guy,you are one of the boldest that i have ever heard going to hospital for test and declaring your status here well,dont worry you will someday find a miraculos healing.I dread HIV more than a devil or witch i cannot disclose such information to anyone not even my fiance because i will look stupid.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

COVID-19: BUA Group Donates 5 Ambulances, 20 Hilux Vehicles To Kano / 10 Weeks U/S. No Heartbeat, No Foetal Pole Only Gestational Sac. / Lassa Fever Kills Two In Asaba FMC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.