Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,921 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. (16154 Views)

The Worst Injuries You Have Had, Share Your Experiences / Asthmatic Patients,share Your Experiences And What Medication Works For You. / Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by Obinoscopy(m): 12:42pm On Mar 10, 2010
There are some notions about HIV/AIDS that are false or wrong. I will state some of them here:

Notion 1: A HIV couple cannot have a HIV -ve Child - this is false becos most couples who are counselled via Heart to Heart Centres end up giving birth to  HIV free children after choosing a particular option

Notion 2: People die from HIV/AIDS - this is wrong, HIV & AIDS can't kill anyone! What actually kills people with HIV & AIDS are opportunistic infections like Diarrhea, Malaria, Meningitis etc.

Notion 3: Everybody who has HIV must be on drugs - again this is wrong. Not everyone who has the virus are to commence medications. It is only people with HIV whose immune system is low that are meant to commence and this is done on the advise of a Physician. Thus it is possible for one who is has the virus to live his normal life without being on drugs throughout his lifetime provided he follows the recommendations of health personnels

Notion 4: Since I have the virus let me spread it, afterall I already have the virus and nothing worse can happen to me - now this is a very dangerous notion becos the person with the virus will end up endangering both himself and the community at large. What people should know that there are many strains of the virus (A1, A2, B, C etc) and one is only affected with one strain at a time. So if someone who has one strain decides to spread the virus, he might end up getting more different strains thus endangering himself the more.

Finally, I'll like to commend the first poster for creating this topic. I've had the opportunity of seeing many people with the virus and do you know what is the problem about the virus? Its the social trauma and stigma that kills and not the condition itself! So lets get informed and reduce the level of Social Stigma ascribed to this condition

1 Like

Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by evalasthn: 1:14pm On Mar 10, 2010
brave step, nice one and commendable too.its only ignorant peps that discriminate, the virus cant even survive 3mins outside its host, HIV virus is only strong inside but outside , its almost useless, so eating together or touching and things like that cant give u d virus, av got someone dear that has the virus and all i do is show love and care and be careful too and everything is great.

NB: you dont have to do this if you dont want to, but you can get prescription from your doctor to use medical marijuana to improve your appetite ( you'll see ya self eating pretty often).
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by JajaZ: 1:30pm On Mar 10, 2010
@ Poster, here are two videos that may be of interest to you about ARV and Prevention, in particular to educate those HIV+ parents who might still want and it's not impossible to have HIV- babies.  Please take note of the challenges in PMTCT (Preventing Mother-To-Child Transmission of HIV).  

http://www.youtube.com/user/Siyayinqoba#p/u/49/WFGRH5n0lJs
http://www.youtube.com/user/Siyayinqoba#p/u/3/LcRsYlF0frQ

It's a South African programme so the dialogue (if I'm not mistaken) is in Zulu language but the subtitle is in English.  Be encouraged girl, it's not a death sentence.
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by Titto(f): 1:31pm On Mar 10, 2010
@OP

Before this time I happen to come across some healing scriptures on the internet which increased my faith in God and divine healing and I started to confess and pray them on my life and liver. I was like what have I got to lose after such a terrible medical report.  The good news is that the result of the biopsy which I got in Feb this year says that "although the previous scan showed fatty changes in the liver, the biopsy result says there is no significant changes in my liver and as such there is no need for medication - To me that is God at work Reversing the irreversible.
How that came to be is nothing short of another miracle.  If you are a christian you can goggle healing scriptures which was what I did and begin to confess it. God sure works in mysterious ways and wishes us good health.
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by JajaZ: 2:05pm On Mar 10, 2010
Watch these videos on HIV and Prevention and be encouraged:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Siyayinqoba#p/u/49/WFGRH5n0lJs
http://www.youtube.com/user/Siyayinqoba#p/u/3/LcRsYlF0frQ

It's a South African TV programme so the dialogue (if I'm not mistaken) is in Zulu but the subtitle is in English.
@ Poster, if you plan to have kids next time, it's not impossible to have HIV- babies. There are challenges ahead but it's not a death sentence, girl! Live your life to the fullest! God bless you.
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by r231(m): 2:15pm On Mar 10, 2010
wow
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by Nobody: 2:31pm On Mar 10, 2010
i keep telling people but they just get angry unnessarrily,if Allah wills,he can wipe out the disease but he lets it stay,cos he knows best,abstinency and fidelity is still the answer to the pandermic,its gotten 95% through sex and all others is just out of the intimacy itself e.g,needle,unbornchild, blood transfussion etc
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by morpheus24: 2:40pm On Mar 10, 2010
uplawal:

i keep telling people but they just get angry unnessarrily,if Allah wills,he can wipe out the disease but he lets it stay,cos he knows best,abstinency and fidelity is still the answer to the pandermic,its gotten 95% through intimacy and all others is just out of the intimacy itself e.g,needle,unbornchild, blood transfussion etc

Eh tell Him to will it quick quick and cure peopel nah!

Really , some people and their superstitions,
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by Meldrick(m): 2:51pm On Mar 10, 2010
sayso:

discuse your status,that is why he created this thread.

I tire ohhhh. All i see here is encouragement quite differnt from the purpose the poster had when creating the thread.

Encouragers back off. More experiences pls
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by Yoighaman(m): 3:08pm On Mar 10, 2010
@Poster

This thread would sure be helpful and insightful to others.

@ Respondents

This thread is no Church, Mosque or some sort of Religious/Counselling platform!

The Poster is obviously more brave and courageous to warrant all the sympathy being displayed here.

She requested that other HIV positive folks share their experiences; her intent i guess bothers on "A 'problem' shared is half-solved", so more experiences please.

Cheers
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by axeman85(m): 3:30pm On Mar 10, 2010
@poster

all i can say is wow, you have really done a great job here, and infact God bless you for being an inspiration to others and those of us on nairaland.

its indeed very scary for someone to even go for a test in hospital not to talk about an hiv one, i remember back in 2008 when i wanted to go into a new relationship and out of curiosity i went to do the test but i almost backed out as i was scared, and i was told by the hospital that if the result is positive they will call me and if it is negative, i wont hear from them again. one faithful morning at about 9am my mobile rang and lo and behold it was the hospital calling me to tell me that they needed more blood sample to do the P1 i think its called as the rest of the diseases they tested me for was clear, to be honest i was scared and i never went back for the P1 and they kept calling me and sending me letters. one faithful day i went to a private hospital got it done in 1hr and i was negative, what a relief it was for me that day.

what am trying to say is guys/girls/men/woman . its best we all know our status just for our peace and rest of mind and records, and for those sleeping around to know they are clean, also before jumping into a new relationship to ascertain our status.

they are many ways of contacting hiv, so pls as highlighted in one of the pages, lets all be careful about babrbing saloon, nail, weavon saloon, hairdressers and tattoing parlous, lets be weary of them so as not to be a victim of these deadly virus.

@poster.

one again. you are highly blessed and may the Almighty living God we serve reward you for the openess and enlightment you have become to us all on nairaland. have a blessed week.
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by violent(m): 3:57pm On Mar 10, 2010
I as well as every other sane and serious minded Nairaland members will sit quietly and wait to see the next [size=15pt]Idiót[/size] who will come around to offer advise and consolation when the thread was simply created for  Hiv+ patients to "Narrate their experience"

[size=20pt]STOP DERAILING THIS THREAD. . . YOU WANT TO OFFER ADVISE?, START YOUR OWN THREAD!!!![/size]
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by stereotype: 4:00pm On Mar 10, 2010
Violent, looks like u're the IDIOT who came in, i didn't read u share ur HIV experience
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by allboyz(m): 4:18pm On Mar 10, 2010
great topic. . . mucho respect to the poster!
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by aseju: 4:26pm On Mar 10, 2010
pingu2k5:

How can she have children with her finace/husband without her passing the virus to him?

pingu2k5 and others may want to learn from Obinoscopy's entry on this HIV issue.
Yes, HIV+ women that were pregnant have delivered babies free of the virus when managed from the get go. No the babies may not end up to be HIV+
I think about 3 months into the pregnancy they usually start them on the appropriate medication till about full term when they deliver by ceasarean. I understand going thru it the normal childbirth increases the risk, thats why they go under the knife.
The babies are tested from birth till about 12 months and found out to be negative.
As for the spouse, there is the IUI or the IVF procedures that help place prewashed sperm in the woman so there is no "direct deposit" so to speak.
As it has been mentioned, with the medications available nowadays, it is has been likened with other long term diseases.
People, get the awareness.
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by carnal: 4:39pm On Mar 10, 2010
i want to commend the poster for his/her braveness and courage.
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by Nobody: 4:42pm On Mar 10, 2010
Heavy topic. I must say the poster is one bold and courageous creature my heart goes out to you my dear truly
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by carnal: 4:46pm On Mar 10, 2010
i want to commend the poster for his/her braveness and courage.
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by folly69(m): 4:49pm On Mar 10, 2010
Well i had this girl once that i was serious with and she got pregnant for me,so i was ready to take it to the next level.She went for her anti-natal and had to under go series of test and unfotunately she found out she is positive,i was crushed when she told me bout her status and we've been together for over a year and the only time i used a condom was the first few months of our relationship.Later i accepted my fate instead of crying over spilled milk i went for my test,lo and behold i came out negative.I love her so much and stayed and supported her through the whole thing.She's doin fine and u will never know unless u are told.the doctors didnt put her on drugs and has been adviced to check her cd4 count every six months.Am due for another test now and honestly i dont care if it comes out positive.
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by Nobody: 5:03pm On Mar 10, 2010
I'm suspicious of anyone who creates a fresh nairaland ID to tell me about her HIV experience lipsrsealed
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by pmartins: 5:07pm On Mar 10, 2010
@ poster, sharing your experience to the public is really a great idea and a good sense of reason, do you have faith in God? because he is the only one that can heal you because never a sickness he can not heal and never a burden he can not bear you just need to turn to God. he has done it before and he will still do it again in your life. why can't you visit the synagogue Church of all nation, because l have seen victim been healed from HIV through their TV station (EMMANUEL TV).just go l know you will be heal there, as other that has the same sickness in the name of God.
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by Krum: 5:39pm On Mar 10, 2010
tnx for ur courage, those who level condemnation shoud nt rejoice yet because the socall dreaded ds goes thru various stages b4 dictation like window stage and so on, it can be in d body 4 six - ten yrs b/4 it manifest. pls be courageous to go 4 a test. that may be your life saving grace. A white man once told me that its only in africa that we stigmatise. that he has been living with it 4 d past 20 yrs. bravo and keep to your medication.
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by Chrisbenogor(m): 5:43pm On Mar 10, 2010
Abeg you guys should leave all this God will heal you from your disease which kind lie be that, stop dishing out false hope angry angry
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by Nobody: 5:52pm On Mar 10, 2010
@folly69, i know you love the lady dearly but pls hope you've not been sleeping raw with her,if no,pls dont, always use condom,or beststill just leave her,as in intimacy if ure still negative, and accept the baby,o this is painful
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by Nobody: 5:53pm On Mar 10, 2010
@violent,why are u hating,abeg,which experience have you given? grin
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by mrmayor(m): 8:15pm On Mar 10, 2010
@ Poster,

I'm glad you are talking about your status, I feel like crying reading your post. Hiv/Aids seems like illness of Love-Peddlers and reckless people until it happens to someone close to you. Its sad that churches ( no insult intended) have stigmatized HIV so much sufferers feel comdemmed when they get + result.I lost a cousin last month from complications from HIV. He found his status but didn't disclose to anyone. He however spent lot time and money taking TradoMed concotion which didn't help atall, his church didn't heal him either, his CD4 count went down and he didn't recover from it.
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by Nobody: 10:44pm On Mar 10, 2010
heya,sorry o sad sad
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by tayoast(m): 11:16pm On Mar 10, 2010
mrmayor:

I'm glad you are talking about your status, I feel like crying reading your post. Hiv/Aids seems like illness of Love-Peddlers and reckless people until it happens to someone close to you. Its sad that churches ( no insult intended) have stigmatized HIV so much sufferers feel comdemmed when they get + result.I lost a cousin last month from complications from HIV. He found his status but didn't disclose to anyone. He however spent lot time and money taking TradoMed concotion which didn't help atall, his church didn't heal him either, his CD4 count went down and he didn't recover from it.

eh yah, sorry
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by onijogbon(m): 12:35am On Mar 11, 2010
violent:

I as well as every other sane and serious minded Nairaland members will sit quietly and wait to see the next [size=15pt]Idiót[/size] who will come around to offer advise and consolation when the thread was simply created for  Hiv+ patients to "Narrate their experience"

[size=20pt]STOP DERAILING THIS THREAD. . . YOU WANT TO OFFER ADVISE?, START YOUR OWN THREAD!!!![/size]

actually, the poster is right and u r WRONG, which makes you one of the idiots he/she was referring to if you read and understood the OP's initial post.

uplawal:

i keep telling people but they just get angry unnessarrily,if Allah wills,he can wipe out the disease but he lets it stay,cos he knows best,abstinency and fidelity is still the answer to the pandermic,its gotten 95% through intimacy and all others is just out of the intimacy itself e.g,needle,unbornchild, blood transfussion etc

what planet u fall from sef? either u r delusional or nothing dey up there.

allah ko, ala (dream) ni! **hisses*
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by smartgal: 2:32am On Mar 11, 2010
which kind allah dey cure, for all i care allah is a beast if he exists
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by nairaner(m): 2:42am On Mar 11, 2010
@ poster

I sincerely think you should do your research on the internet about Urine Therapy. There are many claims that this is a very potent cure for HIV. I think you shall be convinced after reading. Also try get books on same from Amazon and read the reviews of users who have practiced it.

, Just my piece of advice/suggestion.
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by Nobody: 3:46am On Mar 11, 2010
@ Kay80 I dont have a problem with "Allah" honestly I'm not a fan of ppl preaching their beliefs be it Christianity, Islam, Buddhism; etc esp. to others esp. when not necessary. The facts are facts in terms of the using ppls faith to make money that is why I gave him kudos.

Anyway this is a SERIOUS issue so I want to get back on topic. . .this isn't about religion. Let's show some respect to the poster.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Weeks U/S. No Heartbeat, No Foetal Pole Only Gestational Sac. / Watching TV Shortens Life Span / Persistent Headache

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.