Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,595 members, 7,812,949 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. (16155 Views)

The Worst Injuries You Have Had, Share Your Experiences / Asthmatic Patients,share Your Experiences And What Medication Works For You. / Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by anonxxxx: 8:12am On Mar 11, 2010
Thanks peeps for your care,advice and love,i appreciate it all.

@uplawal,dear please one of the reasons i opened this topic is for us to have a deeper insight in this globally tormenting illness,and for pple that know little or nothing abt it to atleast grab some information in order to reduce stigmatisation,i just read your advice to a folk asking him to better still leave the girl,can you for a second put yourself in the girls shoes?do you think that everybody starts and ends relationship just like that,ones emotions should be considered,i tell you that they can both live togher for a long time and the guy will still remain negative(once the use of condoms is not discontinued and MouthAction avoided)

The first drug for a HIV+person is love and care,without it others drugs will not be very efficient.
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by ehie007(m): 9:56am On Mar 11, 2010
@ poster, this is a bold topic, i am very aware of HIV situations, what kills people is ignorance.

i just want to ask, aw is it possible for a husband who is HIV- , not to be infected when he sleeps with his wife who is HIV+.

i know men have a 40% chance of contacting the virus unlike the femal counterpart.

at least president Zuma, slept with an HIV person and he wasnt infected.

we just need to show love to those who have it, thats the best medicine they need.

HIV is not even cosidered as one of the most deadly disease, malaria even ranks higher.
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by beeke(m): 10:32am On Mar 11, 2010
smartgal:

which kind allah dey cure, for all i care allah is a beast if he exists

please if your god is dead come and try mine cos i know 4sure dat he is still alive and is doing wonders, my GOD is the GOD of all flesh there is noting absolutely noting that is impossible b4 HIM

@riversman
you sound like a wounded lion whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

9ja is always backward in virtually EVERYTHING hiv/aids is not a big deal anymore in some african countries becos they're more enlighten than us i will not be surprise if i open a thread captioned choice one out of these disease or infections hiv/aids, tb, cancer of any type, or diabetes nobody will pick hiv/aids but d truth is dat cancer is more deadly than hiv just as some NL have said and is true not everybody who tested positive will be place on arv it all depend on your cd4 count

Krum:

tnx for your courage, those who level condemnation shoud nt rejoice yet because the socall dreaded ds goes thru various stages b4 dictation like window stage and so on, it can be in d body 4 six - ten yrs b/4 it manifest. pls be courageous to go 4 a test. that may be your life saving grace. A white man once told me that its only in africa that we stigmatise. that he has been living with it 4 d past 20 yrs. bravo and keep to your medication.

you are dead wrong my dear the window period is six months not years be careful with the info you give {especially on sensitive issue} in publicĀ  shocked embarassed embarassed

JESUS IS THE SAME 2DAY YESTERDAY AND 4EVER MORE REMEMBER HE NEVER SAY GOODBYE
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by beeke(m): 10:40am On Mar 11, 2010
ehie007:

@ poster, this is a bold topic, i am very aware of HIV situations, what kills people is ignorance.

i just want to ask, aw is it possible for a husband who is HIV- , not to be infected when he sleeps with his wife who is HIV+.

i know men have a 40% chance of contacting the virus unlike the femal counterpart.

at least president Zuma, slept with an HIV person and he wasnt infected.

we just need to show love to those who have it, thats the best medicine they need.

HIV is not even cosidered as one of the most deadly disease, malaria even ranks higher.

how do you know he is not infected cos am in SA and i am not sure if he made his status known to south africans
however you are right about the other thanx
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by ehie007(m): 11:36am On Mar 11, 2010
@beeke, we was told dat president zuma was tested and was negative.

HIV is a man made virus, and d cure is out there somewere been hidden politically, some day d cure will come out,

HIV is really not a big deal, its just the backwardness of black africans that makes it look as if its a deadly disease.

which is worse HIV or Sickle cell.?

@poster dont worry, live ur life the fullest cos life is just once,
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by MCLOVIN: 1:24pm On Mar 11, 2010
^^^
TRUE TALK !
Topic is severely de-railed though.
Africa needs to wake up !
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by folly69(m): 2:44pm On Mar 11, 2010
@ayettimama wat is your point exactly.This thing is real apart from my experience i also know of a man who happened to be a technician in my office,his wife gave birth to a beautiful girl few days later she was tested to be Hiv+ and both parents tested negative,how come u may ask,this was part of the carelessness of some doctors in LUTH it was transmitted to the baby through an infected needle,If u are in Naija and frequent with the news ,this happened like five years ago the guy won the battle in court and was granted 100M for compensation bt the baby's life will never be thesame thats if she survives it.

@uplawal well thanx for your advice though u may call it suicide mission bt hey this is the fourth year now and the last time i checked i was negative still love her and am due for another check up, honestly i dont care if i turns out positive.
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by chidyke77(m): 3:38pm On Mar 11, 2010
HIV is nt a death sentence coz u cn still live and see d healthy ones dying b4 u,good diet wt enof fruits and vegetable is wat u need most.
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by kazibra: 5:19pm On Mar 11, 2010
[
b]Carry your Yeye Allah go somewhere, he has all the cure, why can he save Yar Adua. He was transported to Mecca, maybe if he throws stones to devil he may be cured. A lot people will stop going to Mecca, it's just calculated ruse to subterfuge black people. Arabs are so smart, they take the political will of religion and give feeble-minded like you the spiritual aspect. That's why you never find almajiris in Saudi Arabia. Then the funniest thing is, they promise you must visit mecca once in your lifetime, to get to the alujuna. Thank you for bring billions of dollars to arab world every year. But you get that Arab use Abu's money to welcome Abu. Civilization started in Africa and spiritualism was a gift given by God, we sold it to outside world over a pot of potridge or asaro. The outside world refined it and resale it back to us but holds the political part.
Like they say, Orisa to ba le gba mi, o sa se mi bi oti ba mi. Yar-Adua left in November 09, so shobby, but came back so gaunt. Then, the king of Saudi chased him away at last. If Yar would have had an arab color they would make sure he recuperates before chasing him out of Holy Land of peace.[/b]

This is digressing entirely from the topic in question.Some of us are no tolerant at all when it comes to religious discuss.

a. The guy only send his well wishes and encouragement that there is no disease created by Allah(which is d name of God in arabic language) of which He has not send down it's cure.Though the cure for HIV might not be available now but it will surely be discovered one time in the future llike all other disease.Malaria and other diseases' cure was not discovered in a day.

b. This contribution of yours is totally uncalled for and it is derogatory to all muslims.You don't find muslims issuing this kind of statements.

I think you should apologise to all muslims for these derogatory statements.This is the kind of things that do lead to violence in somee part of the country.It is totally uncalled for.
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by Obinoscopy(m): 9:00pm On Mar 11, 2010
naira-ner:

@ poster

I sincerely think you should do your research on the internet about Urine Therapy. There are many claims that this is a very potent cure for HIV. I think you shall be convinced after reading. Also try get books on same from Amazon and read the reviews of users who have practiced it.

, Just my piece of advice/suggestion.

Please let us not deceive ourselves here. Urine cannot and will never cure anyone from HIV/AIDS. The components of Urine are basically, Water, Urea, and some ions like Na,K,Mg etc. They are products from the body. Lets even try to reason it out without recourse to Medicine or Pharmacology: Urine is a product from the body, thus if it can cure HIV/AIDS why didn't it not kill the virus in the person before he or she urinated it out? Frankly speaking Urine will not "cure" (I placed it in quotation mark because I don't see HIV as a disease but as a condition) rather it might even complicate ones medical situation because diseases such as STIs and protozoa infections such as Entameba histolyca can be gotten from the Urine
The only thing I know is that scientist are battling as we speak to find out the drugs that will kill the virus (the "cure" as some people would say although I'm one of the proponents of the statement that HIV is not a disease but a medical condition) thus lets keep our fingers crossed and be prayerful that they will be successful
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by dominique(f): 10:02pm On Mar 11, 2010
so sad that this thread is not serving its purpose.
the only other person that wanted to share his story was blocked by the spam bots sad
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by nairaner(m): 11:05pm On Mar 11, 2010
@ Obinoscopy and readers
Your argument about urine therapy will be for another thread. However the confirmed facts about this therapy are all there. Its no secret that for selfish gains, pharmaceutical companies have conspired against humanity to let out this simple truth on this therapy for fear of great global financial losses. But i leave the curious to do there own research and get urself convinced or not convinced

However, below are a list of reviews from ppl who purchased books on this therapy.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/0963209159/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/0963209116/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/0091906601/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

I do not wish to argue/debate such issue as this with confirmed research and facts all over the internet

I also strongly recommend you read any of these books and you shall be more enlightened about effectiveness of this therapy.

Its all a matter of choice.
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by Obinoscopy(m): 11:30pm On Mar 11, 2010
dominique:

so sad that this thread is not serving its purpose.
the only other person that wanted to share his story was blocked by the spam bots sad

@dominque, It is not easy for one to come out with his or her in the public. It is a gradual process that involves a lot of understanding, counselling, discussions, education. Thus it is not wrong to hear how people feel and what they know about HIV so that with time we will get to learn that HIV is not as dangerous as it seems hence enabling people to come out with their status
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by sevule(m): 11:41pm On Mar 11, 2010
i keep telling people but they just get angry unnessarrily,if Allah wills,he can wipe out the disease but he lets it stay,cos he knows best,abstinency and fidelity is still the answer to the pandermic,its gotten 95% through intimacy and all others is just out of the intimacy itself e.g,needle,unbornchild, blood transfussion etc

Ulawal or whatever your name is, it is people like you that tend to discriminate against people living with HIV and use religion to butress your deluded assumptions. Honestly your views make me sick as you sound judgmental and uppity. Who the heck do you think you are? God forbid if you are diagnosed with HIV wouldnt you want love and support instead of discrimination?If you have nothing positive to contribute kindly carry your high and mighty self out of this forum.
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by Nobody: 5:09am On Mar 12, 2010
@sevule,am not discriminating o,but its just that its unrealistic to continue with the person,though that does not mean we should neglect them,we can always show love,care for them and all that,but its always better for the person in question to marry another wife, if not infected by the virus,cos i cant just imagine,anything can happen u know,in as much as i fear the virus,i would still show love and concern but not that kind of marriage thing o,how many man would want to use condom for a long time ,or do withdrawal method for long-thats if its safe.

@all,hiv is still a killer disease be it influential or not,and its dreadful,its like omg,the sufferer is still gonna die and not be a grandad if caught at 18/20 something,its so sad
@folly69,its fine,but i feel for you though,but how can u use flesh with someone ure not married to in the first place,even before marriage you people have to do test before taking it to another level,you see why abstinency is the best form of sexual health before marriage
@all,i so much fear the virus that i always pray and advice my younger ones that are virgins not to sleep with a man before wedding and they should pray hard so that their kind of men will not sleep with other ladies outside marriage,and with God on our side and being careful we will not be affected by anyother means insha ALLAH(Amin)

@annoxx,i do feel for you honestly,but never leave your God at this time cos this is the time you have to be prapared for him cos where you and all of us are now is just nothing,but hereafter is the KOKO i mean the real thing,its how you lay your bed here you lie on it in hereafter,just be good and die not except you are in a state of ISLAM walayi!,so you dnt loose on both sides, i love you and we would always care
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by ntoni(m): 6:42am On Mar 12, 2010
I just went for a test last year feb and found out that l am hiv positive., i went to anoda lab for reconfirmation. but some how GOD GAVE ME A STRONG HEART. l felt like runin from ma family but the prob is how to tell ma wife.l made her go for a gen test and she was negative. l ve not torched her since then and this has been a big prob in ma house. what do l do.

1 Like

Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by Czario: 7:49am On Mar 12, 2010
Ntoni
I rili feel 4 u.
Its funny though, people will look for a second opinion with other diseases like glaucoma, cancer and hypertension. But we start to plan for death as soon as we hear the words ''you're hiv positive''.
Did u know there are various kinds of test kits that give 'various' results depending on the type of anti-bodies in your blood. Did u know the protein antigen P24 which they say is specific for hiv is also produced by 60 other treatable conditions? Do u know people who tested positive at one centre and negative at another ?
I know someone who settled for 'positive' after so many contradicting tests because he believed he was so promiscuos 'he had to be' positive. Did u know US marines took a western blot test a certain number tested positive, when they did elisa a different number tested postive and yet again different when back to wstern blot ?
Hiv kills , hiv destroys life but until they find a more reliable test. , im afraid hiv test is kalo kalo.
I dunno if the link still works but try
http://cngdirect.bravehost.com/aids.htm for that article on tests US marines.
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by anonxxxx: 8:11am On Mar 12, 2010
@uplawal dear thanks for your contribution but am surprised and became more surprised when i saw you are based in the UK,i expect you to be more exposed than this,you can't continue to advice this guy to leave his girl(though your advice doesn't matter to him)just because of unknown tomorrow,do you know who will die first ?of anyother disease or cause even?do you think HIV is the only killer disease?what about cardiac arrest that wont even give you a day to write your will or say goodbye or mend things with your God??
Beside the guy has told you that he is cool with his babe.THEY ARE HAPPY.

Lastly i want to tell you that am doing very well on earth,not loosing anything,i gat my siblings and my fiance spoiling me with love and i have a great job and beautiful friends and brethrend,so i am fine and i know that my heavenly race won't also be in vain.

Thanks for contributing once again.
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by Nobody: 9:12am On Mar 12, 2010
@ntoni,omg,am crying as am wrting this o, my heart is so heavy,i really feel for you dear,may the LORD be your strenght,pls dnt sleep with your wife abeg,and dnt bother to sleep with anyother woman without condom, you can talk about it with your wife,if shes okay to sleep with you with condom fine,if not pls just save her and let her remarry,am not hating but its truth,i do feel your plight,this life really is just a tip of an iceberg but the real life is here after,just be really prepared for your LORD in good shape
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by Nobody: 9:22am On Mar 12, 2010
@annoxx,this not the matter of uk o,that thing is fearful,i do feel for you o, i get so scared with things like that u know,av even forgotten about it until this thread was opened imagine,its okay to know youre loved and youre so happy,we are all praying for you,eya ur kids kai,my heart is heavy,thats all i can say dear,be good always that would help everyone in the hereafter.

and about folly69,ofcourse he can do whatever pleases him,but am just so concerned cos am this frigile person on issues like this though i can be hard on other things but not this o
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by anonxxxx: 12:19pm On Mar 12, 2010
@ntoni,guy i can feel you,i will advice you not to just tell her because she may not be able to handle it well,i rather advice that you just find a way to lure her to a counselor,i know a place in Isolo called heart to heart (if you reside in Lagos,they will counsel her then prepare her mind to take the news and as well counsel both of you,am not expecting it to be easy but am sure there still will be laughter in your home again.

Good luck.
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by folly69(m): 2:11pm On Mar 12, 2010
Well different strokes for different folks, I have grown up to a stage in my life to be wise and know that noting but death is guaranteed for every living soul bt the question is where do u go after death?So @all and especially uplawal,does it really matter how u die?
Yeah everyone wants to grow old, have a fat account several houses here and there be comfortable generally bt if cus of some infection which treatment is improving daily u deny ur fellow human being love and affection then u need to retrace ur steps and really look inward and put ur self in the position of that person to know if u will want thesame to b done to u.
As per sex b4 marriage well am not saying its right and am saying its definately not the cause of infection because even people that have been fateful and got married still get infected somehow if not for the Grace of God.
I witness a accident scene last year, it was horrible,a fully loaded luxiriuos bus travelling from sokoto to lagos slammed into a tanker of petrol parked along the road,every one was burnt to ashes including women and children,definately this people must have prayed b4 living there place of depature now tell me those of us alive today are we better than them? Hiv or no Hiv it all takes the Grace of God.

@anonxxxx am sorry if i have derailed from ur topic bt my point is people should stop stigmatizing and love one another as they love themselves cus they aint any saint anywhere.
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by yjay(f): 2:18pm On Mar 12, 2010
[b]
folly69:

Well different strokes for different folks, I have grown up to a stage in my life to be wise and know that noting but death is guaranteed for every living soul bt the question is where do u go after death?So @all and especially uplawal,does it really matter how u die?
Yeah everyone wants to grow old, have a fat account several houses here and there be comfortable generally bt if cus of some infection which treatment is improving daily u deny your fellow human being love and affection then u need to retrace your steps and really look inward and put your self in the position of that person to know if u will want thesame to b done to u.
As per intimacy b4 marriage well am not saying its right and am saying its definately not the cause of infection because even people that have been fateful and got married still get infected somehow if not for the Grace of God.
I witness a accident scene last year, it was horrible,a fully loaded luxiriuos bus travelling from sokoto to lagos slammed into a tanker of petrol parked along the road,every one was burnt to ashes including women and children,definately this people must have prayed b4 living there place of depature now tell me those of us alive today are we better than them? Hiv or no Hiv it all takes the Grace of God.[/b]

@anonxxxx am sorry if i have derailed from your topic bt my point is people should stop stigmatizing and love one another as they love themselves cus they aint any saint anywhere.

well said, i wish u all the best x
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by kichuna(f): 3:51pm On Mar 12, 2010
I am really happy and proud of you for coming out with your status, i had someone so close to me die from AIDS related illness and i tell you that stigma is mostly wat kills the infected.

i really wish i could find NGOs in Nigeria (that are active) that deal with helping people understand what HIV/AIDS is all about and that its not a curse or connected to promiscuity , infact it makes me angry wen people say that so and so had AIDS becoz they were sleeping around. People need to know about this virus and how to go about it.

Please if there is an active NGO that someone could refer me to, i wil be very happy to give my time to help anyway i can.
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by Richtronix(m): 5:12pm On Mar 12, 2010
I applaud your bravery.

Its just a shame that the religious nutters that abound on Nairaland have hijacked another decent thread and nearly turned it into one of their t-it for tat exchanges. angry

As if Jos wasnt enough.
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by Nobody: 2:20pm On Mar 13, 2010
hey stop there,whats wrong with using religion?
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by dominique(f): 3:45pm On Mar 13, 2010
uplawal:

hey stop there,whats wrong with using religion?

absolutely nothing wink
but we should respect the poster.
she was brave enough to disclose her status and wanted to hear from others who are also in the same situation not religious counseling or condolence messages. this thread is on its fifth page and has achieved nothing of that.
i'm afraid i have to lock the thread.
sorry anonxxx for the action, you can address me by opening another thread if you want me to reopen it.
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by dominique(f): 8:50pm On Mar 15, 2010
thread reopened.
please lets resrect the OP and not derail it again.
cheers.
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by carnal: 6:59am On Mar 17, 2010
want to commend the poster for his/her braveness and courage. .
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by kichuna(f): 7:55am On Mar 17, 2010
I just think the reason we need to keep this thread open is because, many people need to understand what we are all talking about here. And am not talking about the occasional derailing of the topic, but the real reason of why this topic started, smiley
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by dominique(f): 9:45pm On Mar 19, 2010
the only other person that has a similar experience to contribute so far is carnal. too bad his posts keep getting attacked by the spam bots.
let me try to retrieve his last post (that's if the spam bots dont remove it too)

[quote from carnal]want to commend the poster for his/her braveness and courage. I want to let you know that i have lived with hiv for over 9yrs though i am still under 35yrs of age but i am living my life to the fullest.I am married,have a daughter and just had two sets of boys (twins) in december'09,my wife (a medical doctor)is still negative till date,while my daughter of age 4 and two boys are also of same status.I have been married for 7yrs.
[quote][/quote]
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by dominique(f): 9:49pm On Mar 19, 2010
the only other person that has a similar experience to contribute so far is carnal. too bad his posts keep getting attacked by the spam bots.
you can still read his contributions from his previous posts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Weeks U/S. No Heartbeat, No Foetal Pole Only Gestational Sac. / Watching TV Shortens Life Span / Persistent Headache

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.