Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,601 members, 7,823,614 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant - Travel (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant (275853 Views)

Parenting In The UK As A Nigerian Migrant. / Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse / The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (72) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by nervorum: 5:33pm On Jan 10, 2018
wonlasewonimi:

There is really nothing to explain more than what has already been provided in this thread. And, I'm not coded advising anyone. This is an open forum where ideas are freely shared.

Tbh, I'm oblivious to most of the other certifications aside IT. I'm sure someone would pick this up and advise you accordingly.

No, I meant you are quietly advising some of us (passive readers) in the background without knowing.

Thanks a lot. Helpful
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by bigtt76(f): 8:15pm On Jan 10, 2018
You're PRINCE2 Practitioner certified? So do I too undecided I must relocate this year at all cost. Baba God ...I de wait your call.

wonlasewonimi:

LOL I didn't fail cos of the calculations. It was just a cvnt of an exam. Na ojukokoro carry me go write am sef. Prince2 practitioner is doing me fine.
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by wonlasewonimi: 8:25pm On Jan 10, 2018
bigtt76:
You're PRINCE2 Practitioner certified? So do I too undecided I must relocate this year at all cost. Baba God ...I de wait your call.

Make sure you get cissp too. That cert na door opener

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Eleniyan15: 6:11pm On Jan 11, 2018
wonlasewonimi:

LOL I didn't fail cos of the calculations. It was just a cvnt of an exam. Na ojukokoro carry me go write am sef. Prince2 practitioner is doing me fine.

Lol no comment
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Lexusgs430: 6:55am On Jan 12, 2018
UK don dey spark now......

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Inkredible(m): 8:08am On Jan 12, 2018
Team's send forth gathering.

grin Win together!

Countdown activated

5 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by salford1: 9:52am On Jan 12, 2018
Lexusgs430:
UK don dey spark now......
Alot of illegal immigrants do not have active bank accounts anyway. This action would have little effect on them.lol.
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Lexusgs430: 10:01am On Jan 12, 2018
salford1:

Alot of illegal immigrants do not have active bank accounts anyway. This action would have little effect on them.lol.

But houses are also been deprived..... And the noose is slightly getting tighter from most fronts......
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Nigeriadondie: 11:00pm On Jan 20, 2018
BenNash:

Whenever I see your posts, I always feel pity for you. Something must have gone wrong somewhere in the course of your life, I can't really point my finger on it. But I'm pretty sure you fall under one of these categories-
1) You applied for a u.s visa or Canadian visa and you misrepresented documents thereby leading to a ban, or you don't just have the means or opportunity to leave this country. ( most people don't but you don't see them making dumb statements.)
2) You travelled out of the country at a point and got deported.
3) You are someone just looking for attention or popularity. You noticed how popular Pidgin2 is and you decided to follow her path.
The way you and pidgin2 are always on Nairaland, making disparaging comments about the u.s and the u.k shows how jobless you folks are. You can say you're a manager of this or that but it'll be so evident that you're lying. Someone serious with his/her life wouldn't make it his life duty to say the kind of silly things you guys say.
How would an educated person with a certain degree of intelligence say that there are more people suffering in u.k than in Nigeria. Do you see the kind of suffering that exists in Nigeria and other African countries??
The annoying thing is that you guys will defend your silly statements by listing the amount Americans pay in Taxes, or how Aba boys make millions every day. This kind of stupidity annoys me.
Pidgin2 is dead. Now there is a measure of peace on Nairaland.
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Nigeriadondie: 11:01pm On Jan 20, 2018
desertboom:
This Pidgin2 gets me irritated so much

Lets be realistic. What will change the fact that inside our country in the year 2017, more than half of the population are languishing in poverty, unemployed/underemployed and survive on less than a dollar a day? Some of the countries we helped now enjoy stable power supply and have good basic social amenities which are inaccessible to the common man in Nigeria. Most of our country's best minds are abroad building other nations and a lot of the ones in the country want to go abroad. Charity begins at home. The government should redirect its resources at fast tracking the country's development instead of you selling lies to people here.
I reside in Nigeria, it's only a tiny few that have it good here.

Pidgin2 is dead. We can now have peace on Nairaland.
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Aphrodite007(f): 1:13am On Jan 21, 2018
Nigeriadondie:

Pidgin2 is dead. We can now have peace on Nairaland.

Umm which one of the “dead”s are you talking about? I hope it’s not the real “kick the bucket” dead..!
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by hoctre20(m): 6:11pm On Jan 21, 2018
comradespade:
Thank God!!!
First UK adventure. I'm tired of the US own grin

Ohhh. The Canada own was also interesting grin
... abi o first u.k
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by dupyshoo: 11:54am On Jan 22, 2018
I apologise for the late response. There are so many jobs for Engineers in the UK but most employers will not employ someone that requires a visa. Most employers except for big/multinational companies do not understand the requirements for applying for visa. They will rather not bother. They will prefer to keep advertising the vacancies for months than employ someone that will require visa. Nevertheless, if you are highly skilled, some employs will still go all the way to apply for your visa.

You can check this link for employers that can sponsor your visa. If you see any company of interest to you, you can go to their websites/linkedin page for vacancies. If you are able to get an invite for interview, I will be happy to give you tips on answering interview questions.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/675032/2018-01-19_Tier_2_5_Register_of_Sponsors.pdf

ebere272:
hi...can help us with info on how to work in the uk myself and hubby are Engineers here Nigeria.is there any way we can get to work over there

9 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by dupyshoo: 11:56am On Jan 22, 2018
Yes, had my BSc. in Nigeria. One year of work experience in Naija before leaving for the UK.

iNewton:
@dupsyshoo Please, did you have your Bachelor's degree in Nigeria before moving to the Uk and also how many years of working experience did you have before leaving? Thanks
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Safiaa(f): 9:06pm On Jan 26, 2018
Missed this thread so much. smiley
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by signature2012(m): 9:08pm On Jan 26, 2018
Safiaa:
Missed this thread so much. smiley

After you don dump my nigga follow doctor abi?
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Safiaa(f): 9:11pm On Jan 26, 2018
signature2012:

I don't know what you're talking about grin
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by signature2012(m): 9:13pm On Jan 26, 2018
Safiaa:

Yimu.....they were both buddies here.Because of you,they became enemies.
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Safiaa(f): 9:15pm On Jan 26, 2018
signature2012:

elaborate.. Because I don't have any idea about what you're talking about lol.
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by signature2012(m): 9:15pm On Jan 26, 2018
Safiaa:
elaborate.. Because I don't have any idea about what you're talking about lol.

Hope you are treating DOC very well?
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Safiaa(f): 9:19pm On Jan 26, 2018
signature2012:

lol okay I wont derail any longer..because I don't know what you're talking about.
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Nobody: 12:03am On Jan 27, 2018
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by simbated3: 6:52am On Jan 27, 2018
Where is the licence picture shared by ukmigrant?
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Nobody: 6:58am On Jan 27, 2018

3 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Nobody: 7:03am On Jan 27, 2018

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Safiaa(f): 8:12am On Jan 27, 2018
UKmigrant:
Safiaa no send me from time grin
grin
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by signature2012(m): 12:29pm On Jan 27, 2018
Safiaa:
grin

Your shakara 2 much sef.So if you enter brooklyn,na so you go dey behave?
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Aphrodite007(f): 2:46pm On Jan 27, 2018
UKmigrant:
My provisional driving licence. Sharing this the second time. The first one was hidden by someone afflicted with badbelleism disease grin

I had to post my residence permit card to the driving licence authority to apply for it. Took about a week.

10 years! impressive! Did you have to go to driving school again, take the driving test or did you just show them your Nigerian driver's license?
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jan 27, 2018
Aphrodite007:

10 years! impressive! Did you have to go to driving school again, take the driving test or did you just show them your Nigerian driver's license?
This is just a provisional licence. You do not need any driving test to get it. But you need this to start learning driving and to take the driving tests. If you're successful in the tests, you get a full licence.

2 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Nobody: 12:48am On Jan 28, 2018
signature2012:

signature2012:

signature2012:

Safiaa:

She was just playing around obviously
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by signature2012(m): 12:55am On Jan 28, 2018
Geetrix:

She was just playing around obviously

Thought you were the hitmaker.
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Nobody: 2:29am On Jan 28, 2018
signature2012:

Thought you were the hitmaker.
she was not interested

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (72) (Reply)

Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 / Bus Fare Within Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.