Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,394 members, 7,954,573 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:58 PM

(photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed (44777 Views)

CAF African Champions League Final To Be Replayed. / World Cup 2018: FIFA To Pay Super Eagles £6.1 Million After Crashing Out / Champions League: 170,000 Sign Petition For FIFA To Punish Ramos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by Xzbit91: 5:16pm On Oct 09, 2017
greenhulk:

Nope, a ref will never get fined when he follows linesman's offside flag.. its the other way round, if he disregards a linesman's offside flag and after the game evidence shows linesman was right and ref gave a goal that shouldn't have stood.. then the ref stands to be questioned for disobeying the linesman who was in a better position to spot offside. And there's no way a ref will ever be in a better position to spot offside than the linesman.

Disobey the assistant referee Can a boss be fined for disobeying a subordinate?

@bolded, I've cited examples where the referee ignored the linesman offside flag and he was spot on. Did you visit the link I sent you at all?
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by Nobody: 5:25pm On Oct 09, 2017
tamethem:

Its good when you see a Nigerian trying to be plain and truthful even when it is not to his advantage. I commend u but take a look at the picture presented and the red mark on the field of play yould see that it was an offside. The guy has been kept offside by our defenders.

Check the picture again
It is a offside.

I get u but that line there is a fraud by someone trying to make him look offside. The line is not straight, too obvious. See image without the line below.

Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by mrtayesynchro(m): 5:53pm On Oct 09, 2017
hoopLA:
Unfortunately, FIFA has set the wrong precedent in ordering a replaty of the SA-Senegal tie.

Thus anyone with any kind of grievance will feel they need justice.

Apparently the mistake made in disallowing the goal isn't enough to invalidate the tie, since the SA-Senegal tie appeared to be heavily one-sided in terms of officiati

Please it is pure offside no error, we also had similar call towards the end of the match.
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 09, 2017
Xzbit91:

Disobey the assistant referee Can a boss be fined for disobeying a subordinate?

@bolded, I've cited examples where the referee ignored the linesman offside flag and he was spot on. Did you visit the link I sent you at all?

U said he ignored and was spot on.. that is different from ignoring and being wrong. My point linesmen are in better position to pick offsides. If the referee ignores the linesman flag and goes ahead and give a goal then he risk getting fine if after the match replays show he was wrong and linesman was right. but if linesman flags for wrong offside and ref obliges the ref doesn't get fined if after the game replay shows linesman was wrong because linesman is in a better position to pick offsides. In general offsides are the hardest decisions to make in a game because they get to see it only once and make decision within seconds.
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by hoopLA: 6:09pm On Oct 09, 2017
mrtayesynchro:

Please it is pure offside no error, we also had similar call towards the end of the match.
mrtayesynchro:

Even if it was offside and the ref called the goal off, it's not enough for anybody to ask for the game to be replayed.
That was my original position.
Please read through the post I made again.

I am not making a case for the Zambians
I'm only saying that there's no basis for this game to be replayed!
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by Xzbit91: 6:12pm On Oct 09, 2017
greenhulk:

U said he ignored and was spot on.. that is different from ignoring and being wrong. My point linesmen are in better position to pick offsides. If the referee ignores the linesman flag and goes ahead and give a goal then he risk getting fine if after the match replays show he was wrong and linesman was right. but if linesman flags for wrong offside and ref obliges the ref doesn't get fined if after the game replay shows linesman was wrong because linesman is in a better position to pick offsides. In general offsides are the hardest decisions to make in a game because they get to see it only once and make decision within seconds.

Your initial position was that he can't ignore an offside call from his assistant and that is the point I was arguing. Anyway, no need to argue this any further since we're on same page now.

1 Like

Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by Nobody: 6:22pm On Oct 09, 2017
Xzbit91:

Your initial position was that he can't ignore an offside call from his assistant and that is the point I was arguing. Anyway, no need to argue this any further since we're on same page now.

Maybe u got me wrong. He can walk to the linesman to discuss it if he disagrees. The referee has the final say everyone knows that.. but they also work with the linesmen and in some decisions like off side the referee relies on the linesmen's decision. That doesn't mean he cannot overule linesmen's decision if he feels he is very sure. But the downside is he will be taking a risk.. for example if a referee is on the half line and a goal was scored and linesman flags for offside, if the referee rules out the offside and gives a goal (even though he was not in a good position to judge), fine the goal will be given but when the game is reviewed after 90 mins and results show the ref was wrong he will be sanctioned because the linesman who was in a better position raised his flag.

It is just like the 4th official that stays behind the goal line (before goal like technology came).. his job is to decide when the ball has crossed the line. So if a ball crosses the line and he signals the referee that the ball had crossed the line and the referee still went ahead and disagrees (even when he was not in a better position than the 4th official), referee's decision will be obeyed but after the game he will face his query if it was later found out the 4th official was right.
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by stuffs4me(m): 6:35pm On Oct 09, 2017
These Zambians are coconut heads o!

What about the first leg we played in their country. Nigeria won both games home and away.

The Zambians should go back and learn the rules of football.
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by Cheny(m): 6:47pm On Oct 09, 2017
greenhulk:

I get u but that line there is a fraud by someone trying to make him look offside. The line is not straight, too obvious. See image without the line below.

Greenhulk,just as u said it was a tight call, but after following all d arguments and pics from page 1,I objectively discovered that from the static pix u posted,measuring a straight line parallel to the centre line seen through the centre circle from the zambian player thru our defence line places him a little bit ahead of Ekon which makes him offside. Please, follow what I said and place a ruler parallel to the centre line then move it straight down in line with the Zambian player and see for urself. I had to do this because I like being objective in sports despite having favorites. And by the way I enjoyed ur arguments and analyses.
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by sikells(m): 6:57pm On Oct 09, 2017
greenhulk:

Bros do not be deceived. That picture posted up there was made to make it look like it was an offside, look closely u will see the line is not even straight. Look I'm a Nigerian I'm happy we qualified, but that goal was not offside,. Check the picture below.
how about the fact that the ref already blew the whistle to signify stop of play... yet the striker still decided to score.. what do you have to say about that?
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by sikells(m): 7:00pm On Oct 09, 2017
striker07:
it was a wrong call,it was a clear goal,many of you guys need to understand how offside rule works,as a Nigerian i want us to win but that doesn't mean i should not be objective
so if you were to be the striker now, you heard the ref blow the whistle... you'd still go ahead to score?... will your goal even be valid?
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by Nobody: 7:03pm On Oct 09, 2017
tamethem:

Its good when you see a Nigerian trying to be plain and truthful even when it is not to his advantage. I commend u but take a look at the picture presented and the red mark on the field of play yould see that it was an offside. The guy has been kept offside by our defenders.

Check the picture again
It is a offside.

Actually bro drawing a line on a still image doesn't do justice, it all depends on which angle the image was taken. For example on the images below if u try to draw the line parallel to the line of the 18 yard box then it won't rhyme with the offside line. Try it.

Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by ThierryJay: 8:01pm On Oct 09, 2017
greenhulk:

Actually bro drawing a line on a still image doesn't do justice, it all depends on which angle the image was taken. For example on the images below if u try to draw the line parallel to the line of the 18 yard box then it won't rhyme with the offside line. Try it.

U are right on this. However, you are also guilty of jumping to conclusions without the backing of undeniable facts. In one breath you say that drawing a parallel line on a still image doesn't do justice (which is correct), yet you assert, based on the picture you posted, without any line drawn, that the Zambian striker was Clearly behind our last defender and is therefore onside. HHowwww You need to be consistent with your position and the supporting evidence that you bring out. This also played out in your argument with Xzbits where you subtly changed your initial stance later on during your argument. I appreciate you're trying to be objective, but please let it be consistent.

That said, from all the pictures and video evidence, it's really difficult saying it's onside or offside due to the lack of legible line markers on the poor pitch. All I can say is that it's a really close call.
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by Daejoyoung: 8:13pm On Oct 09, 2017
dabossman:

This is the best post here. That ball had no business even hitting the back of the net if not for the Zambian player that ignored the whistle. The flag was up immediately he got the ball. Yet he went on to take two touches to put the ball in the goal. I actually thought the ref would give him a yellow. Heck even the commentator on BT Sport 3 was like "flag up. He's offside" long before the ball hit the back of the net.
Lol even the Arab commentator was quiet, you know Arab commentary na with shout, but the guy nor even shout, which shows sport presenters on that game already agreed with the officials it was offside.

1 Like

Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by Nobody: 8:22pm On Oct 09, 2017
ThierryJay:

U are right on this. However, you are also guilty of jumping to conclusions without the backing of undeniable facts. In one breath you say that drawing a parallel line on a still image doesn't do justice (which is correct), yet you assert, based on the picture you posted, without any line drawn, that the Zambian striker was Clearly behind our last defender and is therefore onside. HHowwww You need to be consistent with your position and the supporting evidence that you bring out. This also played out in your argument with Xzbit91 where you subtly changed your initial stance later on during your argument. I appreciate you're trying to be objective, but please let it be consistent.

That said, from all the pictures and video evidence, it's really difficult saying it's onside or offside due to the lack of legible line markers on the poor pitch. All I can say is that it's a really close call.

The right word is that it was a close call and more reason why it would be pointless for Zambia to try to lobby do a replay. REALLY POINTLESS. But what I can see from the picture is that ekong kept him on side, maybe u see it differently that's ur opinion.

About my argument with Xzbit91, i accept that I went a bit overboard, referees decision is final but offside calls are mainly made by the linesmen. If the referee goes against the linesman in an offside call then he would get into trouble if after the match and replays show he was wrong.

There was a game I watched in the South African league where a player dribbled the goalkeeper and scored and linesman waved offside not knowing there was an opposition player on the goal waiting to defend. The player was like 2-3 meters onside which was very obvious. Linesman didn't see the player, ref followed linesman flag and called offside then every player on the field showed the ref the defender that was on the line which was very obvious that it wasn't even close to being an offside. The ref noticing his mistake changed his mind and gave a goal.
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by talk2percy(m): 8:22pm On Oct 09, 2017
Zambia is now officially the headquarters of craze!!! Their fathers!!! Russia wey we don already go finish and even talk as we take reach semi finals....
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by ThierryJay: 8:45pm On Oct 09, 2017
greenhulk:

The right word is that it was a close call and more reason why it would be pointless for Zambia to try to lobby do a replay. REALLY POINTLESS. But what I can see from the picture is that ekong kept him on side, maybe u see it differently that's ur opinion.

About my argument with Xzbit91, i accept that I went a bit overboard, referees decision is final but offside calls are mainly made by the linesmen. If the referee goes against the linesman in an offside call then he would get into trouble if after the match and replays show he was wrong.

There was a game I watched in the South African league where a player dribbled the goalkeeper and scored and linesman waved offside not knowing there was an opposition player on the goal waiting to defend. The player was like 2-3 meters onside which was very obvious. Linesman didn't see the player, ref followed linesman flag and called offside then every player on the field showed the ref the defender that was on the line which was very obvious that it wasn't even close to being an offside. The ref noticing his mistake changed his mind and gave a goal.

Yeah, I've sighted a couple of times where a referee has overruled a linesman offside decision. Although it's rare, but it happens. Thanks for the admission, I now understand your point of view better.
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by Nobody: 9:19pm On Oct 09, 2017
ThierryJay:

Yeah, I've sighted a couple of times where a referee has overruled a linesman offside decision. Although it's rare, but it happens. Thanks for the admission, I now understand your point of view better.

One love bro. Nobody knows it all, I enjoy a good argument without calling of names and abuses, that's is why I have enjoyed everyone I have argued with on the thread, keep it matured.
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by AlwaysUltraPad: 9:37pm On Oct 09, 2017
KingTom:

Why dem no talk when we knack them 2-1 for their home? grin
no mind the donkeys.

1 Like

Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by nedum77: 1:19am On Oct 10, 2017
Judging by the red line drown in the picture,their case is dead upon arrival.
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by easyelliot(m): 3:45am On Oct 10, 2017
Y didnt Zambia score again?
Y did Zambia concede a late goal?
Y didnt Zambia win in Zambia?
Because you beat the deserted foxes u are flexing?

I've seen everything.

Kalusha is one of the greatest players Africa ever produced.....but just like this Zambian team, they ain't going to the world cup, cry a river all you want.
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by jossyco(m): 9:29am On Oct 10, 2017
Baba nla offside, even from the picture, Zambian player's leg on the line, Nigerian defender's leg not touching d line. Make dem go sleep, FIFA don write our name down

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Former EPL Referee, Howard Webb Marries German Female Referee, Steinhaus / AFCON2023 : the 3 Best individual Player awards / Free 2 Odds Daily With Bet9ja Booking Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.