Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,903 members, 7,952,640 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:05 PM

(photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed (44765 Views)

CAF African Champions League Final To Be Replayed. / World Cup 2018: FIFA To Pay Super Eagles £6.1 Million After Crashing Out / Champions League: 170,000 Sign Petition For FIFA To Punish Ramos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by Xzbit91: 2:20pm On Oct 09, 2017
greenhulk:

That's because u don't need any line to see that ekong kept him on side. Check the position of echiejile and balogun. Now check the position of shewu and ekong.

I'm looking at the picture and he seem to be ahead of ekong or at worst inline.

Just post a link to a video with proper view.
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by durai: 2:21pm On Oct 09, 2017
greenhulk:

How is he offside when ekong was clearly behind behind him. I think u need glasses.
eeyah....nxt tym u say "a pair of glasses"
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by wayodude(m): 2:29pm On Oct 09, 2017
Debates like this is what we love about the game. The human factor of the game must never be lost.

Let's put it his way, we will never reach agreement on whether he was offside or not. What we can and must agree with is the linesman raised his flag IMMEDIATELY Mulenga received the pass. Not 1 second after after, he did it immediately!!

Did he know Mulenga would play on and put the ball in the net? No he didn't.

A few years ago in the champions league Robin van Persie scored for Arsenal in a similar scenario and earned himself a second yellow card leading to an early shower.

1 Like

Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by bizhop01: 2:29pm On Oct 09, 2017
greenhulk:

How is he offside when ekong was clearly behind behind him. I think u need glasses.

Don't answer them the should continue to lie,
i understand football can never go without some wrong decision,the goal zambia score was clear ONSIDE.
Zambia was so good but eagle enjoy advantage from the ref

1 Like

Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 09, 2017
Xzbit91:

Haven't you ever seen a ref ignore the linesman flag? The onus lie on the referee to make a call whether the linesman raises his flag or not. And he can chose to ignore if he had a proper view of the situation.

Mind you, a linesman does not only pick offside. Fouls, corners, throw in etc.

Bro referee never ignores linesman flag when it comes to offside. In fact offside call is 100% the job of the linesman because they are the ones running behind the last player.
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by Xzbit91: 2:37pm On Oct 09, 2017
greenhulk:

Bro referee never ignores linesman flag when it comes to offside. In fact offside call is 100% the job of the linesman because they are the ones running behind the last player.
Bro, no be today I start to watch match. I've seen a referee ignore the linesman time and time again when it comes to offside.
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by Nobody: 2:37pm On Oct 09, 2017
durai:
eeyah....nxt tym u say "a pair of glasses"

Why would I say a pair of glasses, maybe this is what u need, doesn't look like a pair to me.

Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by Daejoyoung: 2:44pm On Oct 09, 2017
depezee:
That goal should have stood, sentiment apart.

Iwobi was also wrongly ruled out for offside.
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by positivetaught: 2:49pm On Oct 09, 2017
SmartyPants:

That is how the line should be drawn because the camera is placed at an angle from the Zambian player. If you slant the picture it will become more obvious
The camera was beside the center line I.e behind the point of action making it impossible for an accurate replay pictures, this in itself is a show of poor technical arrangements, there were suppose to be multi cameras place at different angles for accuracy, I'm not been unpatriotic but that line was just a smart move by control room,I have seen such fraud several times in football, I just hope that we don't become victim some day.
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by durai: 2:51pm On Oct 09, 2017
greenhulk:

Why would I say a pair of glasses, maybe this is what u need, doesn't look like a pair to me.
oooooh....dis is wat u called "glasses"
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by Litmus: 2:57pm On Oct 09, 2017
Too lazy to work out permutations here, I confess,but if Goal was given and match ended 1-1, would Nigeria not still have qualified ? In passing a thread, I thought I read that a draw would have been enough for Nigeria. undecided

In anycase, isn't the article a fake one?
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 09, 2017
Xzbit91:

Bro, no be today I start to watch match. I've seen a referee ignore the linesman time and time again when it comes to offside.

U got to be kidding me. I don't know how long u have been watching football but I've been into football for more than 2 decades. Referees have no business with offside, that job is 100% the linesmen. Why do u think when players score the first person they look for is the linesman to see if flag is raised for offside because if that flag is raised ref will pull the goal back.

Linesmen are in better position to spot offside. Is it referee that is running to catch up with with plsyers that will catch offside. There may be some rare occasions when ref may think otherwise but he has to consult the linesman. Referee will never make offside decision without the linesman agreeing with him.
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by Daejoyoung: 3:07pm On Oct 09, 2017
bizhop01:

Don't answer them the should continue to lie,
i understand football can never go without some wrong decision,the goal zambia score was clear ONSIDE.
Zambia was so good but eagle enjoy advantage from the ref
Eagles were still the better side and had the best chances. Let's call a spade a spade.
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by buchilino(m): 3:10pm On Oct 09, 2017
iberrylee:
Ipob piglets must be a descendants of Zambia, they are too confused and clueless

2 SAY UR D MOST CONFUSED HUMAN BEING IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND, IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT.
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by Xzbit91: 3:14pm On Oct 09, 2017
greenhulk:

U got to be kidding me. I don't know how long u have been watching football but I've been into football for more than 2 decades. Referees have no business with offside, that job is 100% the linesmen. Why do u think when players score the first person they look for is the linesman to see if flag is raised for offside because if that flag is raised ref will pull the goal back.

Linesmen are in better position to spot offside. Is it referee that is running to catch up with with plsyers that will catch offside. There may be some rare occasions when ref may think otherwise but he has to consult the linesman. Referee will never make offside decision without the linesman agreeing with him.

You've been watching football for 2decades and don't know that the centre referee is the boss and his decision overrules the linesman's decisions?

A simple Google search will save you all these embarrassment. Better yet follow this link to get better enlightenment https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20060623162512AAyGWYW

1 Like

Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by domiron: 3:15pm On Oct 09, 2017
hoopLA:
Unfortunately, FIFA has set the wrong precedent in ordering a replaty of the SA-Senegal tie.

Thus anyone with any kind of grievance will feel they need justice.

Apparently the mistake made in disallowing the goal isn't enough to invalidate the tie, since the SA-Senegal tie appeared to be heavily one-sided in terms of officiating.

LOL. The SA game had a nonexistent handball that resulted in a penalty. before the Zambians scored, the lines man had already flagged for offside. Don't get what the hullabaloo is all about?.

Russia, we dey come Ojare...
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by KingTom(m): 3:18pm On Oct 09, 2017
AlwaysUltraPad:
Kingtom, I no tell you?
Na today? grin everybody dey find replay cheesy
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by domiron: 3:19pm On Oct 09, 2017
Xzbit91:

You've been watching football for 2decades and don't know that the centre referee is the boss and his decision overrules the linesman's decisions?

A simple Google search will save you all these embarrassment. Better yet follow this link to get better enlightenment https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20060623162512AAyGWYW

The referee can over rule, but then , that will be at his discretion. How often do we see that happen?. He did not over rule his lines man in this instant, hence, it was an offside, before the goal was scored.
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by Xzbit91: 3:30pm On Oct 09, 2017
domiron:

The referee can over rule, but then , that will be at his discretion. How often do we see that happen?. He did not over rule his lines man in this instant, hence, it was an offside, before the goal was scored.
angry angry
But you did not agree before. You were absolving him, that is why I wanted you to know the decision rests squarely on his shoulders.

Once the referee sounds his whistle, play is supposed to stop until he whistles for play to continue, which is why our defenders stopped chasing except echiejile. The Zambian attacker thought he was smart and continued play, he should have gotten a yellow card for causing confusion.

If the ref had not sounded his whistle, I doubt he'll find himself in such a comfortable position to even play the ball.

1 Like

Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by striker07(m): 3:31pm On Oct 09, 2017
Xzbit91:

you seem like someone that is new to football,referee can overrule a lines man decision but such happens in rare occasions,it is the primary duty of linesman to catch offside

1 Like

Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by Nobody: 3:32pm On Oct 09, 2017
durai:
oooooh....dis is wat u called "glasses"

Na.. I was not specific in my initial statement. I said 'u need glasses', so it might be a pair of glasses or one eyed stock or glass and it might be a magnifying glass for all I care. Whatever will enhance ur vision. Na me u won't take learn English, na u go suffer. Now ur turn.
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by dabossman(m): 3:37pm On Oct 09, 2017
depezee:
That goal should have stood, sentiment apart.

What some of you don't realize about the offside rule is that you don't need to be a mile in front to be ruled offside. If a fraction of your body is ahead of the last defender, you are deemed offside.

Look at the Zambian players knee in the picture on page one and the posture of the last Nigerian defender. Even though the picture is from an unfavourable angle, it is still obvious the Zambian is ahead. Check out the attached pictures for more examples.

The first picture was Arsenal vs. Stoke.
The second picture was ruled offside by the video referee at the Confederations cup. Chile vs. Cameroon
The 3rd is a Ronaldo being ruled offside because his head, not his body was in an offside position.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by SmartyPants(m): 3:37pm On Oct 09, 2017
positivetaught:
The camera was beside the center line I.e behind the point of action making it impossible for an accurate replay pictures, this in itself is a show of poor technical arrangements, there were suppose to be multi cameras place at different angles for accuracy, I'm not been unpatriotic but that line was just a smart move by control room,I have seen such fraud several times in football, I just hope that we don't become victim some day.

What are you on about...this is exactly what we see done every single day in every league around the world...

This is the way offside lines are drawn and that line there is perfectly in order.
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by SmartyPants(m): 3:38pm On Oct 09, 2017
greenhulk:

That is convention not law. Referees work with linesmen to make the best decision so they typically would tend to trust the linesman's decision, but they are not compelled to do so.
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 09, 2017
Xzbit91:

U r the one embarrassing urself. Linesmen are the ones that watch for offsides, referees don't have business with offsides because they are not the ones running with the last player. It is the linesmen that run with the last player on at the back of defence and in a better position to spot offside. How can a ref on the halfway line spot an offside. Bros u sef reason am.

Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 09, 2017
SmartyPants:

That is convention not law. Referees work with linesmen to make the best decision so they typically would tend to trust the linesman's decision, but they are not compelled to do so.
When it comes to offside forget it the liensman dictates. Every other decision is the refs but offside? Na.
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by dabossman(m): 3:47pm On Oct 09, 2017
Litmus:
Too lazy to work out permutations here, I confess,but if Goal was given and match ended 1-1, would Nigeria not still have qualified ? In passing a thread, I thought I read that a draw would have been enough for Nigeria. undecided

In anycase, isn't the article a fake one?

A draw would still have seen us through on the proviso that we don't lose scandalously to Algeria and Zambia don't beat Cameroon by a wide margin. At 0-0,we had a +5 goal advantage over Zambia aside the 3 point lead.
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by Xzbit91: 3:49pm On Oct 09, 2017
greenhulk:

U r the one embarrassing urself. Linesmen are the ones that watch for offsides, referees don't have business with offsides because they are not the ones running with the last player. It is the linesmen that run with the last player on at the back of defence and in a better position to spot offside. How can a ref on the halfway line spot an offside. Bros u sef reason am.

You claimed offside was 100% the decision of the linesman. I told you the referee can chose to ignore the linesman's offside flag. It has happened time and time again.

1 Like

Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by AlwaysUltraPad: 3:52pm On Oct 09, 2017
KingTom:
Na today? grin everybody dey find replay cheesy
naso e de start o. The good thing is, FIFA is investigating those bastards for their conduct at uyo.
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by Nobody: 3:53pm On Oct 09, 2017
Xzbit91:

You claimed offside was 100% the decision of the linesman. I told you the referee can chose to ignore the linesman's offside flag. It has happened time and time again.

No it doesn't happen. If the referee thinks linesman decision is not correct he will walk to him and talk to him. If they come to agreement with the referee then ref decision will stand, but if linesman is sure about his decision concerning offside then ref will have to change hi decision because offside is linesman's job not referee. This is why goalscorers look for the linesman whenever they score a goal. And when a goal is ruled out for offside players confront the linesman. Why don't they confront referee since he's the one that blew the whistle? Because they know decision was made by linesman.
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by KingTom(m): 3:54pm On Oct 09, 2017
AlwaysUltraPad:
naso e de start o. The good thing is, FIFA is investigating those bastards for their conduct at uyo.
It's a shame though, I really thought they'd take their L and go peacefully
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by Xzbit91: 3:56pm On Oct 09, 2017
greenhulk:

No it doesn't happen. If the referee thinks linesman decision is not correct he will walk to him and talk to him. If they come to agreement with the referee then ref decision will stand, but if linesman is sure about his decision concerning offside then ref will have to change hi decision because offside is linesman's job not referee. This is why goalscorers look for the linesman whenever they score a goal. And when a goal is ruled out for offside players confront the linesman. Why don't they confront referee since he's the one that blew the whistle? Because they know decision was made by linesman.
A little research would not hurt.
https://www.google.com.ng/amp/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/confusing-alexis-sanchez-fa-cup-10512935.amp
A linesman job is to signal, he doesn't decide. It's the referee that decides, with the help of the assistant of course but he can chose to ignore their counsel and he won't be breaking any law.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sadio Mane Doesn’t 'Know How To Play’ FIFA (Photos) / AFCON2023 : the 3 Best individual Player awards / Former EPL Referee, Howard Webb Marries German Female Referee, Steinhaus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.