Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,971 members, 7,821,401 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

(photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed (44474 Views)

CAF African Champions League Final To Be Replayed. / World Cup 2018: FIFA To Pay Super Eagles £6.1 Million After Crashing Out / Iceland Players Are Allowed To Have Sex Ahead Of Their Match Against Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by adetoya234: 3:56pm On Oct 09, 2017
iberrylee:
Ipob piglets must be a descendants of Zambia, they are too confused and clueless
What is happening to children of nowadays.

Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by AlwaysUltraPad: 3:59pm On Oct 09, 2017
KingTom:
It's a shame though, I really thought they'd take their L and go peacefully
grin grin

The miscreants were even insulting us as if they lost to a minnow.
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by Nobody: 4:00pm On Oct 09, 2017
Xzbit91:

A little research would not hurt.
https://www.google.com.ng/amp/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/confusing-alexis-sanchez-fa-cup-10512935.amp

Dude it's the same thing I was saying. Ramsey was in an offside position, Sanchez scored. That was why the referee had to go to the linesman and they both came to agreement that the goal should stand. If the linesman had disagrees then the goal would not stand. Or why did the ref go discuss with the linesman in the first place? Since he has final decision he would have just ignored the linesman and give the goal na.
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by DeRay98(m): 4:01pm On Oct 09, 2017
hoopLA:
Unfortunately, FIFA has set the wrong precedent in ordering a replaty of the SA-Senegal tie.

Thus anyone with any kind of grievance will feel they need justice.

Apparently the mistake made in disallowing the goal isn't enough to invalidate the tie, since the SA-Senegal tie appeared to be heavily one-sided in terms of officiating.

The circumstances are different hence no need for sorry comment you made.
SA vs Senegal was cancelled due to the match fixing evidence FIFA uncovered for the reason that ref manufactured a penalty for SA.
In Nig vs Zambia match, there's controversy its just ignorant people and aggrieved losers trying to console themselves including sorry ass people like you.
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by Xzbit91: 4:04pm On Oct 09, 2017
greenhulk:

Dude it's the same thing I was saying. Ramsey was in an offside position, Sanchez scored. That was why the referee had to go to the linesman and they both came to agreement that the goal should stand. If the linesman had disagrees then the goal would not stand. Or why did the ref go discuss with the linesman in the first place? Since he has final decision he would have just ignored the linesman and give the goal na.
He can chose not to discuss with the linesman and he won't be breaking any law.
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by Nobody: 4:08pm On Oct 09, 2017
Xzbit91:

A little research would not hurt.
https://www.google.com.ng/amp/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/confusing-alexis-sanchez-fa-cup-10512935.amp
A linesman job is to signal, he doesn't decide. It's the referee that decides, with the help of the assistant of course but he can chose to ignore their counsel and he won't be breaking any law.

For example in the picture below.. this was Edin Dzeko clean goal against Nigeria in 2014 world cup that was ruled out for offside. As u can see he was clearly on side and the ref was in a good position but since linesman raised his flag ref gave it because he was not in the best position to decide if he was offside or not. But if thi happened against Nigeria u people would be screaming foul play.

Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by Nobody: 4:08pm On Oct 09, 2017
Xzbit91:

He can chose not to discuss with the linesman and he won't be breaking any law.

For offside? Nope he has to discuss with the linesman because the linesman is the one in a better position to spot offside.

Check the picture below, see the ref and then loot at he linesman and tell me who is in a better position to spot offside?

Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by KingTom(m): 4:13pm On Oct 09, 2017
AlwaysUltraPad:
grin grin

The miscreants were even insulting us as if they lost to a minnow.
Why dem no talk when we knack them 2-1 for their home? grin
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by bossto(m): 4:13pm On Oct 09, 2017
This picture doesn't even make sense to me....cos that guy is with the ball!!!...watch that instant when he released the ball to Mulenga.
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by Xzbit91: 4:14pm On Oct 09, 2017
greenhulk:

For example in the picture below.. this was Edin Dzeko clean goal against Nigeria in 2014 world cup that was ruled out for offside. As u can see he was clearly on side and the ref was in a good position but since linesman raised his flag ref gave it because he was not in the best position to decide if he was offside or not. But if thi happened against Nigeria u people would be screaming foul play.

Ref maybe properly positioned but he wasn't watching dzeko, rather he was watching the player that made the pass, so he relied on his linesman. But he can chose to ignore him if he was sure.

Of course its foul play, and the people of Bosnia complained. That doesn't make the Zambian onside though
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 09, 2017
Xzbit91:

Ref maybe properly positioned but he wasn't watching dzeko, rather he was watching the player that made the pass, so he relied on his linesman. But he can chose to ignore him if he was sure.

Of course its foul play, and the people of Bosnia complained. That doesn't make the Zambian onside though

Correct. The referee cannot be watching strikers trying to make a run behind defenders, referees are always in the middle and have eyes on the ball.. that is why catching offside can never be their job. It is the linesman that stays in line with the last defender and a striker trying to break and that is why it is their job to catch offside. How do u expect someone who have eyes on the ball to be catching offside? Even if the ref was watching Dzeko he can never tell if he was offside or not since he is not on the same line with him and the last defender.
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by hoopLA: 4:22pm On Oct 09, 2017
DeRay98:

The circumstances are different hence no need for sorry comment you made.
SA vs Senegal was cancelled due to the match fixing evidence FIFA uncovered for the reason that ref manufactured a penalty for SA.
In Nig vs Zambia match, there's controversy its just ignorant people and aggrieved losers trying to console themselves including sorry ass people like you.

Please don't link me into the group of stuip1d people like you.

Here is my original post:
hoopLA:

Unfortunately, FIFA has set the wrong precedent in ordering a replaty of the SA-Senegal tie.

Thus anyone with any kind of grievance will feel they need justice.

Apparently the mistake made in disallowing the goal isn't enough to invalidate the tie, since the SA-Senegal tie appeared to be heavily one-sided in terms of officiating.

go through the emboldened. Then go into a dark room and think about how your life has been wasted, since you cannot understand simple English. Then go and beg your father for allowing him to (a) waste his $emen in procreating you; and (b) spend so much money on a nonentity like you in the name of a non-existent education.
Then while you are at it, go and beg your native doctor to cure you of the Apollo that you were infected with as a foetus.

I have no time for simpleton fo0ls like you who amount to nothing in life. You cannot even think out an opinion, jumping into bandwagon conclusions.
I have not said anywhere that the Zambians have a case. I only mentioned the harm done by FIFA by asking SA vs Senegal to be replayed. Then you crawl out from whatever wood hut you are and insult me without any justification. Simply because you cannot understand simple English. Or do you want me to interpret to you the meaning of the word "invalidate"?

I wonder who let you out today. E be like say you dey miss the drugs wey suppose reset that your weed-infested brain. Instead of humbly asking about what you do not understand, you are here forming intellectual.
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by SmartyPants(m): 4:26pm On Oct 09, 2017
greenhulk:

When it comes to offside forget it the liensman dictates. Every other decision is the refs but offside? Na.

My friend, the linesman can never dictate anything to the ref. Do your research and stop being stubborn over somethign you don't know about. Its very irritating.

http://www.asktheref.com/Soccer%20Rules/Question/27946/

"The proper name for the 'side ref' is 'Assistant Referee'. That describes their job - to assist the referee. Every time they raise their flag they are simply offering an opinion to the referee, and the referee has the final say on whether to act. So yes, the referee can always overrule the AR."
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by durai: 4:28pm On Oct 09, 2017
greenhulk:

Na.. I was not specific in my initial statement. I said 'u need glasses', so it might be a pair of glasses or one eyed stock or glass and it might be a magnifying glass for all I care. Whatever will enhance ur vision. Na me u won't take learn English, na u go suffer. Now ur turn.
inno get your tym
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by hoopLA: 4:28pm On Oct 09, 2017
domiron:

LOL. The SA game had a nonexistent handball that resulted in a penalty. before the Zambians scored, the lines man had already flagged for offside. Don't get what the hullabaloo is all about?.

Russia, we dey come Ojare...

I am not saying the Zambians have a case. I have only highlighted the domino effect of the cancellation of the SA/Senegal tie, and how it will affect future contests, especially if teams feel they have been aggrieved by a bad call or thereabout.

I don't understand how Nigerians can't even manage to look at issues in the context of an event. In my original post, I clearly stated that a wrong call like a disallowed goal is NOT enough to unvalidate a tie, or you no sabi wetin the word "invalidate" mean? Or is congenital Apollo from birth affecting you?
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 09, 2017
SmartyPants:

My friend, the linesman can never dictate anything to the ref. Do your research and stop being stubborn over somethign you don't know about. Its very irritating.

"The proper name for the 'side ref' is 'Assistant Referee'. That describes their job - to assist the referee. Every time they raise their flag they are simply offering an opinion to the referee, and the referee has the final say on whether to act. So yes, the referee can always overrule the AR."

My friend stop saying what u don't know and try make ur research. refs have no business at catching offside (except when he is in a better position and 95% of the times they are never in a better position, the ones that track the offside line are the linesmen ) if ref thinks linesman made a wrong call concerning offside he will walk to the linesman to discuss it and if the linesman and discuss. Yes Referee has the final say but he also knows linesmen are in better position to track offside. If linesman raises his flag for offside and referee thinks otherwise and gives the goal even when he is not in a better position then he risks getting fined at the end of the game if evidence shows that linesman was right. This is why most of the times referees have to go with the linesmen decision on offsides.
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 09, 2017
durai:
inno get your tym

yea now run. Shebi na u want speak inglish?
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by hoopLA: 4:36pm On Oct 09, 2017
Ijaya123:

Appealing to FIFA in this case is an exercise in futility. The match has been won and lost.
The boldened is not in doubt.

1 Like

Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by dabossman(m): 4:37pm On Oct 09, 2017
wayodude:
Debates like this is what we love about the game. The human factor of the game must never be lost.

Let's put it his way, we will never reach agreement on whether he was offside or not. What we can and must agree with is the linesman raised his flag IMMEDIATELY Mulenga received the pass. Not 1 second after after, he did it immediately!!

Did he know Mulenga would play on and put the ball in the net? No he didn't.

A few years ago in the champions league Robin van Persie scored for Arsenal in a similar scenario and earned himself a second yellow card leading to an early shower.

This is the best post here. That ball had no business even hitting the back of the net if not for the Zambian player that ignored the whistle. The flag was up immediately he got the ball. Yet he went on to take two touches to put the ball in the goal. I actually thought the ref would give him a yellow. Heck even the commentator on BT Sport 3 was like "flag up. He's offside" long before the ball hit the back of the net.

1 Like

Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by valentineuwakwe(m): 4:38pm On Oct 09, 2017
see small zambia o o well I no go blame them n.a. Algeria wey allow them beat them home and away. .so as they manage beat Algeria them come they think say them go beat us. .funnyzambia dream
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by Xzbit91: 4:40pm On Oct 09, 2017
greenhulk:

Correct. The referee cannot be watching strikers trying to make a run behind defenders, referees are always in the middle and have eyes on the ball.. that is why catching offside can never be their job. It is the linesman that stays in line with the last defender and a striker trying to break and that is why it is their job to catch offside. How do u expect someone who have eyes on the ball to be catching offside? Even if the ref was watching Dzeko he can never tell if he was offside or not since he is not on the same line with him and the last defender.

You're right, but I want you to know that it's his call to make. And I've seen incidents where the linesman raised his offline flag and the referee waved play on, heaven did not fall.
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by handsomeyinka(m): 4:42pm On Oct 09, 2017
depezee:
That goal should have stood, sentiment apart.

Are you a Zambian?
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by Xzbit91: 4:44pm On Oct 09, 2017
SmartyPants:

GBAM!!!

Cc: greenhulk
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by preaches(m): 4:46pm On Oct 09, 2017
[quote author=Guiderlaurel post=61243034]Some disgruntled fans of the Chipolopolo of Zambia have called on the Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) to order a replay of the match against the Super Eagles of Nigeria which they lost 1-0 on Saturday 90minutesgoal.com reports.

90minutesgoal.com caught up with Stephen Eruaga and Kundah Pandawe, who are key members of the Zambian Supporters club shortly after the match in Uyo.

We are heading back to Zambia to work out modalities on how to present our case to FIFA for justice to be carried out. We scored a good goal and the decision of the referee did not help matters. Stephen Eruaga said

An aggrieved Kundah Pandawe could not hide his disappointment for referee Joshua Bondo's decision to cancel Augustine Mulenga's goal in the 24th minute.

Mulenga's goal is a clear goal which could have stood, referee Bondo's decision changed and affected this game for us. If Senegal can get justice, then the Chipolopolo can also get. We are the Copper bullet, !!! yes we are the Copper bullet, an aggrieved Kundah Pandawe concluded.

FIFA recently ordered a replay of the World Cup qualifying match between South Africa and Senegal after the referee awarded a penalty for a nonexistent handball.

The referee Joseph Lamptey was banned for life due to his obvious match manipulation.
waiting kwansign us wen we don de Russia alreadu
wa/www.90minutesgoal.com/2017/10/

Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by Xzbit91: 4:51pm On Oct 09, 2017
greenhulk:

My friend stop saying what u don't know and try make ur research. refs have no business at catching offside (except when he is in a better position and 95% of the times they are never in a better position, the ones that track the offside line are the linesmen ) if ref thinks linesman made a wrong call concerning offside he will walk to the linesman to discuss it and if the linesman and discuss. Yes Referee has the final say but he also knows linesmen are in better position to track offside. If linesman raises his flag for offside and referee thinks otherwise and gives the goal even when he is not in a better position then he risks getting fined at the end of the game if evidence shows that linesman was right. This is why most of the times referees have to go with the linesmen decision on offsides.
Even if he goes with the linesman's decisions he can still be fined if it was a wrong call and he was in a position to see it.
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by jobbers: 4:57pm On Oct 09, 2017
dreamers
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by Nobody: 4:57pm On Oct 09, 2017
Xzbit91:

You're right, but I want you to know that it's his call to make. And I've seen incidents where the linesman raised his offline flag and the referee waved play on, heaven did not fall.

Bro, u are also right. I have never said referees decision are not the final.. of course their decisions are always final and they can decide to rule out a linesman's decision but they do so at their own risk. If a linesman raise his flag for offside and the referee decides to go against it even when the linesman is in a better position... the referee's decision will stand but at the end of the game when the game is reviewed and evidence shows referee was wrong, he might end up being sanctioned for going against the linesman who was in a better position to spot offside.

The pictures below are from official FIFA rules Pdf

Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 09, 2017
Xzbit91:

Even if he goes with the linesman's decisions he can still be fined if it was a wrong call and he was in a position to see it.

Nope, a ref will never get fined when he follows linesman's offside flag.. its the other way round, if he disregards a linesman's offside flag and after the game evidence shows linesman was right and ref gave a goal that shouldn't have stood.. then the ref stands to be questioned for disobeying the linesman who was in a better position to spot offside. And there's no way a ref will ever be in a better position to spot offside than the linesman.
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by Xzbit91: 5:10pm On Oct 09, 2017
greenhulk:

Bro, u are also right. I have never said referees decision are not the final.. of course their decisions are always final and they can decide to rule out a linesman's decision but they do so at their own risk. If a linesman raise his flag for offside and the referee decides to go against it even when the linesman is in a better position... the referee's decision will stand but at the end of the game when the game is reviewed and evidence shows referee was wrong, he might end up being sanctioned for going against the linesman who was in a better position to spot offside.

The pictures below are from official FIFA rules Pdf

I downloaded a copy of of the book 2hrs ago. And yes I understand where you're coming from. There was a time I too would have argued on your side.

An incident happened a while back which changed my perspective. The linesman signalled his flag and the referee ignored it, I can't recall the match precisely, I was stunned. I felt like he had disrespected the assistant referee, but a proper research changed my perspective.
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by Nobody: 5:10pm On Oct 09, 2017
greenhulk:

It was not an offside, it was a clear goal, don't let sentiments ruin ur sense of judgement. But the it was a tight one, no way they are ever gonna get a replay of that match. It was a close one that could have gone either way. Only video assisted ref can solve this and since FIFA didn't make it compulsory then the game stands. We have seen worst decisions in European games and no replay was made.

Its good when you see a Nigerian trying to be plain and truthful even when it is not to his advantage. I commend u but take a look at the picture presented and the red mark on the field of play yould see that it was an offside. The guy has been kept offside by our defenders.

Check the picture again
It is a offside.
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by Nobody: 5:13pm On Oct 09, 2017
greenhulk:

It was not an offside, it was a clear goal, don't let sentiments ruin ur sense of judgement. But the it was a tight one, no way they are ever gonna get a replay of that match. It was a close one that could have gone either way. Only video assisted ref can solve this and since FIFA didn't make it compulsory then the game stands. We have seen worst decisions in European games and no replay was made.

Its good when you see a Nigerian trying to be plain and truthful even when it is not to his advantage. I commend u but take a look at the picture presented and the red mark on the field of play yould see that it was an offside. The guy has been kept offside by our defenders.

Check the picture again
It is a offside.
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by SmartyPants(m): 5:15pm On Oct 09, 2017
greenhulk:

Something is definitely wrong with this guy. The point i made and others too, was that the ref has the final say on everything including offsides. I also made the precise point that the referee only listens to the linesman because the linesman is usually better placed to make the call, but you no...

You said "no, the linesman has the final say on offsides".

Now that i have forced you to do some research you are now changing the goal posts and talking from both sides of the mouth.

First you said:

greenhulk:

When it comes to offside forget it the liensman dictates. Every other decision is the refs but offside? Na.

Now you've backtracked saying yes the referee has the final say. How can the referee have the final say if the linesman is the one dictating?

Just accept you were wrong and let it go instead of putting your obstinate nature on dispaly for the world to see!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Oshoala, Messi, Pique Model Barcelona’s New Away Kit / Free 2 Odds Daily With Bet9ja Booking Code / Olga Allegra In Bikini, Enjoys Vacation With Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.