Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,125 members, 7,953,482 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:04 PM

(photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed (44768 Views)

CAF African Champions League Final To Be Replayed. / World Cup 2018: FIFA To Pay Super Eagles £6.1 Million After Crashing Out / Champions League: 170,000 Sign Petition For FIFA To Punish Ramos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by stagger: 11:19am On Oct 09, 2017
hoopLA:
Unfortunately, FIFA has set the wrong precedent in ordering a replaty of the SA-Senegal tie.

Thus anyone with any kind of grievance will feel they need justice.

Apparently the mistake made in disallowing the goal isn't enough to invalidate the tie, since the SA-Senegal tie appeared to be heavily one-sided in terms of officiating.

The Ghanaian referee of the SA-Senegal match was found to have been involved in match fixing. There is a difference between a human error, and a deliberate action intended to sway the result of a match so that betting syndicates and bookmakers can make money. What the Ghanaian referee did is no different from insider trading which gets company executives long prison sentences in the US.

So no precedent there.

4 Likes

Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by Ekasco1(m): 11:20am On Oct 09, 2017
Pls dey should replay or award them that goal because it was a Claire goal then bet9ja should also validate my ticket for me # over 1.5 goal pleassssssssssss
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by DONADAMS(m): 11:22am On Oct 09, 2017
see their mouth like rematch!...ewu Gambia

1 Like

Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by BabaAbdu: 11:25am On Oct 09, 2017
Up eagle
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by BluntBoy(m): 11:26am On Oct 09, 2017
Senseless people. Except in the case where it can be proven beyond reasonable doubts that the match was manipulated would it be replayed.

1 Like

Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by sexiestharam(f): 11:26am On Oct 09, 2017
I watched the match. I also felt at first that the goal wasn't offside. But rewatching that play, the linesman had already raised the flag which made the Nigerian defenders not to mark him down. That goal wouldn't have even happened in the first place if the flag wasn't up as the defenders would have stopped him. Zambia should get over it.

7 Likes

Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by davillian(m): 11:26am On Oct 09, 2017
The attacker beat the offside trap when the ball eventually came through.
It was a goal.
The 2 def @right kept him ON when d ball came through.
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by kenny5811(m): 11:29am On Oct 09, 2017
Even FIFA prefers Nigeria in za world cup to zambia.... FIFA is hpy itz Nigeria in Russia....try takin dis case to FIFA nd watch if ur dear zambia won't get fined or banned for crowd troubles... i blive FIFA dem go turn d case on u.

2 Likes

Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by holluphemydavid(m): 11:30am On Oct 09, 2017
with d red line in dat pix,its clearly shows dat it was and offside

1 Like

Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by edgeP(m): 11:31am On Oct 09, 2017
greenhulk:

It was not an offside, it was a clear goal, don't let sentiments ruin ur sense of judgement. But the it was a tight one, no way they are ever gonna get a replay of that match. It was a close one that could have gone either way. Only video assisted ref can solve this and since FIFA didn't make it compulsory then the game stands. We have seen worst decisions in European games and no replay was made.
Boss look well now, initially i thought it was a genuine goal, after watching the replays it became clearer that it was indeed an OFFSIDE. try and watch the replay again Boss

3 Likes

Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by goaldynman(m): 11:34am On Oct 09, 2017
If it's that easy, we will apply for the match to be replayed after they have won us! It will then become a recurrent decimal till eternity!!
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by folem: 11:37am On Oct 09, 2017
holluphemydavid:
with d red line in dat pix,its clearly shows dat it was and offside
That Red line is a 419. The guy was onside.
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by Ijaya123: 11:38am On Oct 09, 2017
hoopLA:
Unfortunately, FIFA has set the wrong precedent in ordering a replaty of the SA-Senegal tie.

Thus anyone with any kind of grievance will feel they need justice.

Apparently the mistake made in disallowing the goal isn't enough to invalidate the tie, since the SA-Senegal tie appeared to be heavily one-sided in terms of officiating.

Appealing to FIFA in this case is an exercise in futility. The match has been won and lost.
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by oruma19: 11:41am On Oct 09, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:
It was a clear offside
I didn't believe it was a clean offside until I saw the line drawn. Na clear offside. Don't mind those stupid supporters, how do they think Zambia should go to the world cup at the expense of Naija? Zamvians get heart ooo, na wa...lolz

1 Like

Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by sikells(m): 11:42am On Oct 09, 2017
depezee:
That goal should have stood, sentiment apart.

it was offside... and the ref already blew the whistle, before the guy scored... or didn't you notice? .. how will that be allowed to stand, or are the players not supposed to obey the ref's whistle again?
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by SmartyPants(m): 11:46am On Oct 09, 2017
folem:

So the red line is 419 but you are the one we should trust??

gerrarrahia mehn
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by SmartyPants(m): 11:47am On Oct 09, 2017
kenny5811:
Even FIFA prefers Nigeria in za world cup to zambia.... FIFA is hpy itz Nigeria in Russia....try takin dis case to FIFA nd watch if u'r dear zambia won't get fined or banned for crowd troubles... i blive FIFA dem go turn d case on u.

You just spoke my mind, in fact you used the exact words i wanted to say!

1 Like

Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by rerhji(m): 11:47am On Oct 09, 2017
victorazyvictor:

Assistant referee not Lines man. be a century guy. grin
thanks man......m nt much of a football guy ni jawe
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by positivetaught: 11:50am On Oct 09, 2017
As a Nigerian I'm happy that we have qualified but due so many controversies with the offside rule in football I feel the rule should be cancelled all together, it's not even possible for the referee or any of his assistants to be watching the position of the ball player n the position of all the other players simultaneously to correctly decide on the offside rule,most times the assistant referees just make up their mind to raise their flags to be on the safe side.most football followers can't even explain the offside rule accurately talk less of understanding it due to it complexities. the rule is just detrimental to the game n has been used on countless occasions to rub deserving team of valid goals n even victories including our very own Nigeria, FIFA should use a tournament to test run the elimination of the rule n let's see the outcome.
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by LordKO(m): 11:53am On Oct 09, 2017
victorazyvictor:

Assistant referee not Lines man. be a century guy. grin

When did the word linesman become archaic?

1 Like

Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by holluphemydavid(m): 11:55am On Oct 09, 2017
folem:
i suspect u are from Zambia,check again,anyway suppose there was a goal technology like d one in Europe wud av proof it better to u
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by FATBAYO(m): 11:59am On Oct 09, 2017
Anything with Bia na fraud.i.e zambia,Biafra ajekun iya lomaje
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by realmindz: 12:01pm On Oct 09, 2017
greenhulk:

It was not an offside, it was a clear goal, don't let sentiments ruin ur sense of judgement. But the it was a tight one, no way they are ever gonna get a replay of that match. It was a close one that could have gone either way. Only video assisted ref can solve this and since FIFA didn't make it compulsory then the game stands. We have seen worst decisions in European games and no replay was made.

But the referee already blew the whistle before he scored. A yellow card would have prevented this argument
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by hoopLA: 12:02pm On Oct 09, 2017
stagger:

The Ghanaian referee of the SA-Senegal match was found to have been involved in match fixing. There is a difference between a human error, and a deliberate action intended to sway the result of a match so that betting syndicates and bookmakers can make money. What the Ghanaian referee did is no different from insider trading which gets company executives long prison sentences in the US.

So no precedent there.

Apparently you didn't read through and understand the context from which I made my post.

So there's no point responding.

I've never heard of an international fixture being replayed on any basis till FIFA made that ruling.

If you could take time to read my short post, you would see that FIFA has made an opening for the likes of Zambia by ordering a replay of that game (SA/Senegal)

You have carried your ITK from the religious section into here.

I don't have time to be bandying words with people like you.
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by positivetaught: 12:04pm On Oct 09, 2017
SmartyPants:

So the red line is 419 but you are the one we should trust??

gerrarrahia mehn
if u look at the line carefully u would notice it was drawn diagonally from the Zambian player instead of appendicular in relation to the goal line the way it should, let's not just turn a blind eye because we are favoured, I remember some years back when one referee from Gabon jean Fidel diramba was always using offside to deal with Nigeria, most of us felt issa hayatou had a hand in it then n it was very painful. it could also happen to us at the world cup, remember Cameroon vs England at Italy 90?.
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by Ejomax77(m): 12:08pm On Oct 09, 2017
This is what "terrible losers" do.
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by Nobody: 12:17pm On Oct 09, 2017
zambarians no be naija say make una join losers.Ntorr grin
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:21pm On Oct 09, 2017
Clearly an offside.... the flag even up long before Mulenga feigned "deaf" and went on to tuck the ball into the net. Lol

Look at Mulenga's arms, right knee, right foot, and trunk naa... definitely not in line with the Nigerian last man (Ekong)... this is why no Zambian player protested that goal. Na only stubborn Mulenga wey no hear word....

If there is any match Fifa should look at then it is that game involving Uganda and Ghana... Ghana's goal was clearly legitimate and not offside. But again, no need for a replay because even if Ghana wins that game, they cannot catch up with Egypt anymore. Egypt is now on 12 points... and Ghana with 3points from that Uganda game will mean Ghana climbing to 8 pts and not 6pts. That is an unassailable lead of four points which can't be overtaken on final match day even with a 1000-0 win.

So Zambians should plssss go take a backseat... they fought well but they should man up and stop playing the sore losers card. It is disgusting.
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by wayodude(m): 12:24pm On Oct 09, 2017
Very close call, but it WAS offside! If any part of the body that can be used if scoring a goal strays beyond the 2nd last man of the opposing team an offside call is made.

The linesman was in no doubt at all and raised his flag immediately. All the players on the pitch, both Nigerian and Zambian stopped playing after seeing the flag go up, apart from Mulenga and Elderson who had to chase him. Mulenga should have been shown a yellow i my view.

1 Like

Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by Nicestibk(m): 12:28pm On Oct 09, 2017
Even me wey no sabi off side rules, know say nah off side... Though, Zambia played well, but Nigeria took the glory. grin
Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by Mckandre(m): 12:28pm On Oct 09, 2017
sexiestharam:
I watched the match. I also felt at first that the goal wasn't offside. But rewatching that play, the linesman had already raised the flag which made the Nigerian defenders not to mark him down. That goal wouldn't have even happened in the first place if the flag wasn't up as the defenders would have stopped him. Zambia should get over it.
God bless ur sense of reasoning. kiss

2 Likes

Re: (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed by Nobody: 12:30pm On Oct 09, 2017
wasiudvd:

Even with the picture above, u argue its not offside?

Bros do not be deceived. That picture posted up there was made to make it look like it was an offside, look closely u will see the line is not even straight. Look I'm a Nigerian I'm happy we qualified, but that goal was not offside,. Check the picture below.

Do I blame the ref? NO. Linesman raised his flag. Do I blame the linesman? NO. Because it was a very close call. This is why pitches used for premier league etc have horizontal lines so linesmen can easily spot when a player is offside. Our own field does not have lines so more difficult for officials to spot. Do I think the match should be replayed? DEFINITELY NO. We have seen far worse referee decisions and this won't be the last.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sadio Mane Doesn’t 'Know How To Play’ FIFA (Photos) / Rohr Praises Influence Of Ekong and Balogun In Super Eagles WC Qualification / AFCON2023 : the 3 Best individual Player awards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.