Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,003 members, 7,810,790 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:30 PM

Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him (56647 Views)

Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend / Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War / Victor Banjo, The Yoruba Biafran Soldier: What You Don't Know About The Lt. Col. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by logica(m): 4:19am On Oct 14, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

People and newspapers didn't notice the word "allowed". They are not lawyers.
You keep mentioning " people" and "newspapers". No sensible leader makes decisions based on newspaper reports. The Biafran leadership had access to Awolowo before the ill-fated push to Lagos. And he had explicitly voiced against secession. So what's the argument here?

2 Likes

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by lawani: 7:31am On Oct 14, 2017
logica:
You keep mentioning " people" and "newspapers". No sensible leader makes decisions based on newspaper reports. The Biafran leadership had access to Awolowo before the ill-fated push to Lagos. And he had explicitly voiced against secession. So what's the argument here?
If they had not pushed to lagos, the secession bid may have been successful.
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by logica(m): 7:35am On Oct 14, 2017
lawani:
Exactly! Gowon had accepted most of the demands of the Aburi Accord. The agreement broke down because of "difference" in interpretation on both sides. I would think I can guess who was at fault here, when a simple "allowed" in a statement can completely confuse a particular set of people. grin

2 Likes

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by Vivere: 7:46am On Oct 14, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

Mumu is a good word. Somewhat humorous.
Did u read what I wrote? I said his words gave that IMPRESSION
Mumu is a good word to you, right? May you remain a mumu forever then. Can I get an Amen from you?
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by T9ksy(m): 8:10am On Oct 14, 2017
lawani:

But Lagos was what Ojukwu really wanted. All that crap about biafra was just a ruse to get his gullible people on board.

Ojukwu simply sacrificed his people for his inordinate ambition and when this didn't materialised, jumped ship and abandoned them to their fate.

Even when his people were dying of hunger, ojukwu still persisted with the war.

Ojukwu NEVER really cared for his people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by WetinConsignMe: 12:07pm On Oct 14, 2017
Dedetwo:

I guess you realized that enslavement of people are not exclusive domain of Europeans. In addition, I do not know where you derived the crap that Ojukwu is epitome of Igboness. Chukwuemeka Ojukwu is not more Igbo than any downtrodden laborer of Igbo descent. I am too enlightened to even listen to idiotic fallacies from Akinjide and people of his ethnicity. By the way, do you think I give slightest hoot where any Igbo person was born? Any Igbo chap could born in Kafachan, I just do not care.

Well, the only modern country where slavery was entrenched in the law was USA. By law if u were black u were a slave until proven otherwise, not if u were Hausa or Igbo.
Ojukwu was the Ezeigbogburugburu, the ralying point, Igboness personified, yet he was more Yoruba than Igbo! Go figure!
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by WetinConsignMe: 12:34pm On Oct 14, 2017
logica:

My friend it was not just Biafran leadership. Everybody had the impression Awo would announce if Biafra announced.

Here is proof.

Aluko on what Awo told Ojukwu:

Awolowo said, if the East left the federation, the Yoruba would have to leave the federation.

Here are Action Group, man on the street, and Americans:

“AG (Action Group) activists and the man on the street are convinced Awolowo made the statement under duress…They say Awolowo’s true position was indicated in the Leaders of Thought resolution in May, which said if any region seceded or forced out, the West would automatically become independent. The activists feel that Awolowo missed the opportunity to bring the present conflict to close by coming to Ibadan and make a Western Declaration of Independence speech supported by Victor Banjo and his National Liberation Army.”

People were trying to justify why Awo.broke his promise not if he made a promise

Here is Vanguard. The parenthesis can be infered.

Why Awo did not make West to Secede (as he promised)
VANGUARD 
26 SEP 2017

Here are some reasons given why Awo couldn't keep his "promise":

If Chief Awolowo had taken Western Region and Lagos out of the Federation at that time definitely Western Region and Lagos would have been the battle ground. And where were the troops and how prepared was he for a major war. At the time he made those declarations, officers of the Western Region in the Nigerian Army were less than 7%. At that time Lagos, Ibadan and Abeokuta garrisons were occupied by ‘northern troops’. Even the then Governor of Western Region, Major General Adeyinka Adebayo was not prepared for war. Chief Awolowo admitted on May 1, 1967 speech, that ‘We have neither the military might, nor the overwhelming advantage of numbers here in Western Nigeria and Lagos...'

So, everybody understood Awo to mean -"if Biafra secedes, so will the South West" .
His statement definitely did not mean "If Biafra secedes I will join Gowon administration and fight them"
Ojukwu and peoople in the East were partly encouraged by Awo's statements to secede.
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by WetinConsignMe: 12:41pm On Oct 14, 2017
Vivere:

Mumu is a good word to you, right? May you remain a mumu forever then. Can I get an Amen from you?

If I were mumu I'd proudly admit it. Admit what u r. So what? Being mumu is not a crime. Afterall you didn't create yourself. grin
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by Vivere: 2:29pm On Oct 14, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

If I were mumu I'd proudly admit it. Admit what u r. So what? Being mumu is not a crime. Afterall you didn't create yourself. grin
Aren't you the one going around calling other people 'mumu ', and saying it is not an insult? So why don't you want others to call you the same name?
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by lawani: 3:39pm On Oct 14, 2017
Awo had already gotten the federal govt to remove northern troops from the west and would have stood by his words if not for the Biafran incursion into the west.
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by WetinConsignMe: 5:05pm On Oct 14, 2017
Vivere:

Aren't you the one going around calling other people 'mumu ', and saying it is not an insult? So why don't you want others to call you the same name?

But they would be lying because I am not mumu. Mumu is descriptive, not an insult or name calling. grin
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by WetinConsignMe: 5:16pm On Oct 14, 2017
lawani:

The aim was to enbolden Awo and people in the west. Why else was Banjo of all people put in charge. And remember Banjo was in contact with elements in the west all through.

Read again:

"The activists feel that Awolowo missed the opportunity to bring the present conflict to close by coming to Ibadan and make a Western Declaration of Independence speech supported by Victor Banjo and his National Liberation Army.”

But then Banjo had his own agenda and western secession was not part of it!
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by WetinConsignMe: 5:24pm On Oct 14, 2017
lawani:
Awo had already gotten the federal govt to remove northern troops from the west and would have stood by his words if not for the Biafran incursion into the west.

Not true at all.

Read Vanguard again:

"At the time he made those declarations, officers of the Western Region in the Nigerian Army were less than 7%. At that time Lagos, Ibadan and Abeokuta garrisons were occupied by ‘northern troops’."

Plus Awo was being personally watched and monitored by northern troops.
Awo COULD NOT have stood by his words.

Banjo of all people was put in command. That was the clearest signal to the West that it was not an invasion.
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by WetinConsignMe: 5:31pm On Oct 14, 2017
logica:
Exactly! Gowon had accepted most of the demands of the Aburi Accord. The agreement broke down because of "difference" in interpretation on both sides. I would think I can guess who was at fault here, when a simple "allowed" in a statement can completely confuse a particular set of people. grin

Everyone except you knows Gowon abandoned the Aburi accord once he got home. The excuse was that Ojukwu, being more educated, outsmarted him as no intellectual went with him. The chant in the East was "On.Aburi we stand!".
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by logica(m): 5:42pm On Oct 14, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

Everyone except you knows Gowon abandoned the Aburi accord once he got home. The excuse was that Ojukwu, being more educated, outsmarted him as no intellectual went with him. The chant in the East was "On.Aburi we stand!".
You keep bandying these silly Biafran propaganda full of typical arrogance laced with a huge dose of idiocy.

You can find a list of the delegates here:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aburi_Accord

The problem is, you all were brought up with all kinds of silly and childish propaganda (that only children should believe) that crumble with the application of a little logic.

Please for your own sake, outgrow the silly propaganda you were fed growing up. I myself had to research and unlearn all kinds of tripe I heard of that era.
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by WetinConsignMe: 6:33pm On Oct 14, 2017
logica:

You keep bandying these silly Biafran propaganda full of typical arrogance laced with a huge dose of idiocy.

The problem is, you all were brought up with all kinds of silly and childish propaganda (that only children should believe) that crumble with the application of a little logic.

Please for your own sake, outgrow the silly propaganda you were fed growing up. I myself had to research and unlearn all kinds of tripe I heard of that era.

HABA OGA! How can u be arguing something so obvious. First of all the victors wrote your "research".
Just as they wrote that Gowon freed Awo fom Calabar, something that's impossible. Even at that WIKIPEDIA of all places is where u do your research??!!!

There were people that witnessed these things.
Femi Adesina is a Yoruba man, a one-Nigeria man, a Buhari man, an Awoist.

Here is what he wrote (which everybody who witnessed the events knows fully well):

Federal Government's Violation Of The Aburi Accord Led To The Nigerian Civil War - Femi Adesina

(Femi Adesina is currently the special adviser on media and publicity to President Buhari.)

"The meeting held on January 4 and 5, 1967, and came out with what is popularly known today as the Aburi Accord.

The agenda of the meeting consisted of three crucial issues: (i) Reorganization of the Armed Forces (ii) Constitutional agreement (iii) Issues of displaced persons within Nigeria.

The two-day meeting reached consensus that were acceptable to both sides... This was something akin to federalism, even under a military government...

What does this mean again in simple language? Equity, fairness, true federalism.

Matters like the holding of an ad hoc constitutional conference, fate of soldiers involved in the January 15, 1966 coup, rehabilitation of displaced persons, etc, were also amicably resolved, and the conferees returned happily to Nigeria. Only for the Federal side to deliver a blow to the solar plexus: The Aburi Accord, Gowon said, was unworkable, and he reneged on all the agreements".
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by Dedetwo(m): 6:39pm On Oct 14, 2017
Electricdanger:

No wonder you are crying in pains on that your wheel chair. Too much hate in your dark heart, what a shame.

If there were no hates among Nigerians, Nigeria/Biafra civil war would have never be a reality. What a shame you and forbearers have so much hate that you decided to precipitate a war of attrition on innocent people who wanted nothing more than a homeland. The Biafrans did not even steal a sachet of water from you and ilk.
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by Dedetwo(m): 6:42pm On Oct 14, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

Well, the only modern country where slavery was entrenched in the law was USA. By law if u were black u were a slave until proven otherwise, not if u were Hausa or Igbo.
Ojukwu was the Ezeigbogburugburu, the ralying point, Igboness personified, yet he was more Yoruba than Igbo! Go figure!

Yet you claim to be a "black man". Even your types have claimed Africans are "Black". What a folly. I guess ignorance is abyss.
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by logica(m): 6:46pm On Oct 14, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

Mr Man, I will not bother with any more rebuttals. The mere fact that in this day and age you will believe such a puerile fabrication like "Gowon reneged because he was outsmarted with English by the more educated Ojukwu because he did not come with learned assistants" is enough to make an informed judgement about you.

1 Like

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by Dedetwo(m): 6:48pm On Oct 14, 2017
logica:

When next you post crap on this forum make sure the silly propaganda you were on about is free of your post. The link you provided listed Gowon as head of state under delegates from Nigeria which was far from truth unless in the mind of goofy and brainwashed onlookers from northern, western and midwestern regions. What a matter of insincerity. Even one dumbass named Commodore Joseph Edet Akinwale Wey was equally listed as Vice President of Nigeria. In a military setting, the Head of State does not have the position of "Vice President". Most Nigerians are inherently foolish.
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by logica(m): 6:50pm On Oct 14, 2017
Dedetwo:

Dude, don't ever quote me. It's a forum but I have no business with your type.

2 Likes

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by lawani: 7:40pm On Oct 14, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

The aim was to enbolden Awo and people in the west. Why else was Banjo of all people put in charge. And remember Banjo was in contact with elements in the west all through.

Read again:

"The activists feel that Awolowo missed the opportunity to bring the present conflict to close by coming to Ibadan and make a Western Declaration of Independence speech supported by Victor Banjo and his National Liberation Army.”

But then Banjo had his own agenda and western secession was not part of it!
You speak lightly of the incursion of strangers as a liberation army, no one would take that in their shoes! it was ordinary state creation that led to the civil war!
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by WetinConsignMe: 7:47pm On Oct 14, 2017
logica:
Mr Man, I will not bother with any more rebuttals. The mere fact that in this day and age you will believe such a puerile fabrication like "Gowon reneged because he was outsmarted with English by the more educated Ojukwu because he did not come with learned assistants" is enough to make an informed judgement about you.

You won't bother because your mumu has been.exposed.
I never said I believed it, mumu. Everybody knows that was popularly assumed to be the excuse.

U deleted my quote because it exposes your mumu as you have no answer to it.
I therefore repost it:-

Here is what he wrote (which everybody who witnessed the events knows fully well):

Federal Government's Violation Of The Aburi Accord Led To The Nigerian Civil War - Femi Adesina

(Femi Adesina is currently the special adviser on media and publicity to President Buhari.)

"The meeting held on January 4 and 5, 1967, and came out with what is popularly known today as the Aburi Accord.

The agenda of the meeting consisted of three crucial issues: (i) Reorganization of the Armed Forces (ii) Constitutional agreement (iii) Issues of displaced persons within Nigeria.

The two-day meeting reached consensus that were acceptable to both sides... This was something akin to federalism, even under a military government...

What does this mean again in simple language? Equity, fairness, true federalism.

Matters like the holding of an ad hoc constitutional conference, fate of soldiers involved in the January 15, 1966 coup, rehabilitation of displaced persons, etc, were also amicably resolved, and the conferees returned happily to Nigeria. Only for the Federal side to deliver a blow to the solar plexus: The Aburi Accord, Gowon said, was unworkable, and he reneged on all the agreements"
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by WetinConsignMe: 8:04pm On Oct 14, 2017
Dedetwo:

Yet you claim to be a "black man". Even your types have claimed Africans are "Black". What a folly. I guess ignorance is abyss.

"Black" does not mean literally black in this instance, mumu. Just as white does not.
Igbo is a language not a physical attribute nature gave u. Black is an.actual physical attribute.
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by logica(m): 8:11pm On Oct 14, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

Monkey, go read up on Decree 8 that never saw the light of day.

2 Likes

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by WetinConsignMe: 8:18pm On Oct 14, 2017
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by WetinConsignMe: 8:22pm On Oct 14, 2017
lawani:
You speak lightly of the incursion of strangers as a liberation army, no one would take that in their shoes! it was ordinary state creation that led to the civil war!

If it was the other way round and an IGBO MAN, in communication with Igbos, led an army into Biafra. Don't u think Igbos would have combined with him and chased Northerners out of their land?

Part of the problem was that Banjo wanted personal power not Western secession.
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by WetinConsignMe: 9:06pm On Oct 14, 2017
logica:
Monkey, go read up on Decree 8 that never saw the light of day.

I don't have to read up on anything. The fact is simple: Gowon said the Aburi Accord, which he signed under no duress, was unworkable and reneged on it.
QED
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by diadem10: 9:37pm On Oct 14, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

They didn't attack them going in. But soldiers probably had to be soldiers instead of getting with the.program.
Why else do u think he chose Banjo?

What's this shameless revisionist munching about?

That biafra never attacked the mid west? That biafra never looted their banks? Raped the Etsako women?

As a matter of fact, I'm so proud of what Awolowo did! He put you greedy evils where you belong!

2 Likes

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by diadem10: 9:39pm On Oct 14, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

HABA OGA! How can u be arguing something so obvious. First of all the victors wrote your "research".
Just as they wrote that Gowon freed Awo fom Calabar, something that's impossible. Even at that WIKIPEDIA of all places is where u do your research??!!!

Matters like the holding of an ad hoc constitutional conference, fate of soldiers involved in the January 15, 1966 coup, rehabilitation of displaced persons, etc, were also amicably resolved, and the conferees returned happily to Nigeria. Only for the Federal side to deliver a blow to the solar plexus: The Aburi Accord, Gowon said, was unworkable, and he reneged on all the agreements".

Why don't you show us the proof that Awolowo was released by Ojukwu?

It's like something is wrong with you people! Awolowo suddenly became the Banjo that Ojukwu released?

He was released by Ojukwu yet was flown to Gowon's house on Gowon's order?

Shameless revisionist!
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by diadem10: 9:45pm On Oct 14, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

My friend it was not just Biafran leadership. Everybody had the impression Awo would announce if Biafra announced.

Here is proof.

Aluko on what Awo told Ojukwu:

Awolowo said, if the East left the federation, the Yoruba would have to leave the federation.

Here are Action Group, man on the street, and Americans:

“AG (Action Group) activists and the man on the street are convinced Awolowo made the statement under duress…They say Awolowo’s true position was indicated in the Leaders of Thought resolution in May, which said if any region seceded or forced out, the West would automatically become independent. The activists feel that Awolowo missed the opportunity to bring the present conflict to close by coming to Ibadan and make a Western Declaration of Independence speech supported by Victor Banjo and his National Liberation Army.”

People were trying to justify why Awo.broke his promise not if he made a promise

Here is Vanguard. The parenthesis can be infered.

Why Awo did not make West to Secede (as he promised)
VANGUARD 
26 SEP 2017

Here are some reasons given why Awo couldn't keep his "promise":

If Chief Awolowo had taken Western Region and Lagos out of the Federation at that time definitely Western Region and Lagos would have been the battle ground. And where were the troops and how prepared was he for a major war. At the time he made those declarations, officers of the Western Region in the Nigerian Army were less than 7%. At that time Lagos, Ibadan and Abeokuta garrisons were occupied by ‘northern troops’. Even the then Governor of Western Region, Major General Adeyinka Adebayo was not prepared for war. Chief Awolowo admitted on May 1, 1967 speech, that ‘We have neither the military might, nor the overwhelming advantage of numbers here in Western Nigeria and Lagos...'

So, everybody understood Awo to mean -"if Biafra secedes, so will the South West" .
His statement definitely did not mean "If Biafra secedes I will join Gowon administration and fight them"
Ojukwu and peoople in the East were partly encouraged by Awo's statements to secede.

If this is what Ibo brain can boast of, then it's a shame!

I ask again how is Awolowo stating that the SW will secede if Nigeria grant Biafra secession? Were Biafra allowed to secede? Emphatically No!

End of discussion!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan At Port Harcourt International Airport [photos] / Tompolo's Father Battered, Leg Amputated / Sadiq Suleiman, Former Buharist Apologises And Asks For Forgiveness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.