Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,070 members, 7,811,003 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:30 PM

Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him (56655 Views)

Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend / Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War / Victor Banjo, The Yoruba Biafran Soldier: What You Don't Know About The Lt. Col. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by WetinConsignMe: 10:28pm On Oct 14, 2017
diadem10:

Why don't you show us the proof that Awolowo was released by Ojukwu?

It's like something is wrong with you people! Awolowo suddenly became the Banjo that Ojukwu released?

He was released by Ojukwu yet was flown to Gowon's house on Gowon's order?

Shameless revisionist!

My friend u.r the only.one still.arguing this point.
Gowon never had any authority in the Easr AT ANY TIME. The coup FAILED in the East. Not the military, police, or prisons ever took orders from Gowon.
Ojukwu was.in.physical custody of Awo and Ojukwu NEVER took orders.from Gowon nor recognised him in.any way.

Also Awo was never flown from.Calabar to.Gowons house. Stop repeating that stupidity.

Can't u see that if Gowon had the power to go to the East and release such a high value prisoner he would also have had the power to remove Ojukwu and put.his own man.
QED

Here is a Nairaland thread:

Limaoscar: I see a lot of Tribal War spark in the air already and it's the usual clowns that will not read History that start the conflagration.

Can't u see that if Gowon had the power to go to the East and release such a high value prisoner he woul slsor.have had the power to remove Ojukwu and put.his own man.

The truth is that, Col Ojukwu actually released Awo from Calabar Prison and Awo had made a stop over in Enugu to thank Him and they had a little discussion about the Igbo Sessesion at the time and how both nations (Igbo and Yoruba) could benefit from the sesseion.

Awo's reception by Gowon in Lagos was also a political move to secure the yoruba Nation's support and it Probably paid-off. Had Ojukwu and Awo agreed on the Sessesion strategy or Terms of Reference,Issues might have been different.

The main reasons both men did not align in my opinion were:
1. Cultural/Strategic difference as Awo could not have committed the Yorbas without due Consultation...and the question of "what's in it for us".
2. Lack of trust between both Nations (Igbo + Yoruba) and that is something we still see in the larger society and on NL Thread till date.

--------- ------------------------------------------------------------

Perfectly spot on!

And as future events would later confirm, Awo's ambition to govern/rule Nigeria may explain why he "reneged" or in layman terms "left Ojukwu hanging"

1 Like

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by WetinConsignMe: 10:44pm On Oct 14, 2017
diadem10:

If this is what Ibo brain can boast of, then it's a shame!

I ask again how is Awolowo stating that the SW will secede if Nigeria grant Biafra secession? Were Biafra allowed to secede? Emphatically No!

End of discussion!

My.man Awo was not a machine.that spoke only.once.
He was a human.being who said the same thing different ways. Heck he had Ojukwu"s private number. They hsd conversations no one knows of.

The result of all Awo's sayings was thiis:
Everybody understood him to mean -"if Biafra secedes, so will the South West" .
He was free to have said "If Biafra secedes I will join Gowon administration and fight them"
But he did not.
QED
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by diadem10: 10:48pm On Oct 14, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

Gowon never had any authority in the Easr AT ANY TIME. The coup FAILED in the East. Not the military, police, or prisons ever took orders from Gowon.

Also Awo was never flown from.Calabar to.Gowons house. Stop repeating that stupidity.

Limaoscar: I see a lot of Tribal War spark in the air already and it's the usual clowns that will not read History that start the conflagration.

The truth is that, Col Ojukwu actually released Awo from Calabar Prison and Awo had made a stop over in Enugu to thank Him and they had a little discussion about the Igbo Sessesion at the time and how both nations (Igbo and Yoruba) could benefit from the sesseion.

Awo's reception by Gowon in Lagos was also a political move to secure the yoruba Nation's support and it Probably paid-off. Had Ojukwu and Awo agreed on the Sessesion strategy or Terms of Reference,Issues might have been different.

1. Cultural/Strategic difference as Awo could not have committed the Yorbas without due Consultation...and the question of "what's in it for us".
2. Lack of trust between both Nations (Igbo + Yoruba) and that is something we still see in the larger society and on NL Thread till date.

Perfectly spot on!

And as future events would later confirm, Awo's ambition to govern/rule Nigeria may explain why he "reneged" or in layman terms "left Ojukwu hanging"

Lol. Yet he wasn't arrested by Gowon on getting to Lagos?

Are you forgetting that Biafra seceded in 1967! Whereas Awolowo was already released a year prior to biafra yet you keep saying nonsense? Gowon even stated that he released him!

And away with the lie that the military never took orders from Gowon. It was only when the Fulani kept on killing the Ibos coupled with Ojukwu's anger at Gowon assuming the head of state office when he was his junior that Ojukwu took laws into his hands. Awolowo was released as soon as Gowon took over.

Shameless revisionist.

2 Likes

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by diadem10: 10:57pm On Oct 14, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

My.man Awo was not a machine.that spoke only.once.
He was a human.being who said the same thing different ways. Heck he had Ojukwu"s private number. They hsd conversations no one knows of.

The result of all Awo's sayings was thiis:
Everybody understood him to mean -"if Biafra secedes, so will the South West" .
He was free to have said "If Biafra secedes I will join Gowon administration and fight them"
But he did not.
QED

You and your fellow folks are the ones having problem with your akpu brain, not us because Awolowo's statement was very clear as daylight.. It simply means, if you grant Biafra their secession, just know we're leaving also and I guess Gowon understood him perfectly. He knew if he allowed Biafra to leave, Odua nation would secede as well.

Awolowo never made mention of the intention to join Ojukwu in his quest for secession. He already told Ojuwku that we weren't ready for secession yet. This was coming from a man that was known for his secession seeking intention and was maligned by the North and Zik several times for this yet never stopped thinking of such, that should have made Ojukwu think twice and follow his lead but I guess the JJC Ojukwu was just too greedy and his anger at Gowon assuming office couldn't let him see beyond his nose.

Yeye.

2 Likes

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by WetinConsignMe: 11:26pm On Oct 14, 2017
diadem10:

Lol. Yet he wasn't arreplaced by Gowon on getting to Lagos?

Are you forgetting that Biafra seceded in 1967! Whereas Awolowo was already released a year prior to biafra yet you keep saying nonsense? Gowon even stated that he released him!

And away with the lie that the military never took orders from Gowon. It was only when the Fulani kept on killing the Ibos coupled with Ojukwu's anger at Gowon assuming the head of state office when he was his junior that Ojukwu took laws into his hands. Awolowo was released as soon as Gowon took over.

Shameless revisionist.

That's why u cam say Gowon allso released him. But only Ojukwu could have released him from Calabar. He was.a high value prisoner and Ojukwu personally decided who wemt to see.him. Awo was actually in effect relesed two days before.Gowon.took power. He was awaiting the right trandportation when the coup.took.place.

OK.WHAT ELSE DID GOWON ORDER IN THE EAST. WHY DIDN'T HE TAKE THE COUP PLOTTERS?

FINAL END OF THIS DISCUSSION
QED
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by diadem10: 11:43pm On Oct 14, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

That's why u cam say Gowon allso released him. But only Ojukwu could have released him from Calabar. He was.a high value prisoner and Ojukwu personally decided who wemt to see.him. Awo was actually in effect relesed two days before.Gowon.took power. He was awaiting the right trandportation when the coup.took.place.

OK.WHAT ELSE DID GOWON ORDER IN THE EAST. WHY DIDN'T HE TAKE THE COUP PLOTTERS?

FINAL END OF THIS DISCUSSION
QED

The coup plotters never came to Lagos, did they? But Awolowo did and wasn't arrested by Gowon, instead, he was invited!

You people keep confusing Banjo who got released by Ojukwu as Awolowo.

Until you show me evidence of Ojukwu releasing him, you're beating a dead horse.
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by WetinConsignMe: 11:44pm On Oct 14, 2017
What would have happened if Ojukwu.had kept.Awo and "coerced" him into broadcasting to the Yorubas to support Banjo and the Biafran.troops.

T9ksy, diadem10, logica, vivere, Dedetwo, CeterisXVII
lawani, omonnakoda, oladeebo
omenka
omenkalives
alcatraz005
t9ksy, zenmaster
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by WetinConsignMe: 11:50pm On Oct 14, 2017
diadem10:

The coup plotters never came to Lagos, did they? But Awolowo did and wasn't arrested by Gowon, instead, he was invited!

You people keep confusing Banjo who got released by Ojukwu as Awolowo.

Until you show me evidence of Ojukwu releasing him, you're beating a dead horse.

[/quote]

They wanted to kill the coup plotters. One was buried alive. How come they couldn't touch any.in the east.

Gowon could have re-arrested Awo or not give him full pardon, in that sense.he also released.him
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by diadem10: 12:11am On Oct 15, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

They wanted to kill the coup plotters. One was buried alive. How come they couldn't touch any.in the east.

Gowon could have re-arrested Awo or not give him full pardon, in that sense.he also released.him

You're just saying nonsense! Was Awolowo a coup plotter? What kind of stupidity is this?

Mtxhew.

Awolowo was already released before Biafra was even planned by Ojuwku. So tell me another story!

Just know that it was Banjo that got released by Ojukwu, not Awolowo!

3 Likes

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by diadem10: 12:21am On Oct 15, 2017
WetinConsignMe:
What would have happened if Ojukwu.had kept.Awo and "coerced" him into broadcasting to the Yorubas to support Banjo and the Biafran.troops.

T9ksy, diadem10, logica, vivere, Dedetwo, CeterisXVII
lawani, omonnakoda, oladeebo
omenka
omenkalives
alcatraz005
t9ksy, zenmaster

Why would you want to coerce him against his conviction? Moreover, Awolowo was released before Biafra came into fruition.

The mistake Ojuwku made was not following Awolowo lead who told him to wait first. Ojukwu should have simply called his people home while Awolowo did same and tell the Northerners to leave for their base. No one would even know what was cooking before "bam"! It woulda hit them suddenly. Ojukwu clearly showed his card too early, not forgetting he was too greedy and wicked! Imagine attacking the midwest and wanting to invoke same atrocities on the SW. That was the turning point for Awolowo.

3 Likes

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by WetinConsignMe: 12:44am On Oct 15, 2017
diadem10:

You're just saying nonsense! Was Awolowo a coup plotter? What kind of stupidity is this?

Mtxhew.

Awolowo was already released before Biafra was even planned by Ojuwku. So tell me another story!

Just know that it was Banjo that got released by Ojukwu, not Awolowo!

U really don't seem to know much. THE COUP PLOTTERS JAILED IN THE OTHER PARTS OF NIG WERE KILLED AND ONE BURIED ALIVE.
I don't know what kind of a discussion I can.have wirh u if u don't even know that!
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by WetinConsignMe: 1:03am On Oct 15, 2017
diadem10:

Why would you want to coerce him against his conviction? Moreover, Awolowo was released before Biafra came into fruition.

The mistake Ojuwku made was not following Awolowo lead who told him to wait first. Ojukwu should have simply called his people home while Awolowo did same and tell the Northerners to leave for their base. No one would even know what was cooking before "bam"! It woulda hit them suddenly. Ojukwu clearly showed his card too early, not forgetting he was too greedy and wicked! Imagine attacking the midwest and wanting to invoke same atrocities on the SW. That was the turning point for Awolowo.

Northerners were able to coerce him against his convictions (as most.people belived, including his best supporters).
Awo simply didn't have the conditions to.be able to declare secession without putting himself in grave personal danger. He also was not military and most Yoruba military, like Obasanjo, were one-Nigeria.

Also let's not forget northern soldiers promised him presidency of one Nigeria after the war, which they reneged on and he resigned.
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by WetinConsignMe: 5:40am On Oct 15, 2017
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by CeterisXVII: 11:50pm On Oct 15, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

Maybe wrongly, but Awo's words were widely and justifiably assumed to mean:
"If everythinh is not done to prevent Biafra from ANNOUNCING secession then.Yorubas will also secede"
Assumption has been said to be the mother of all fvck ups. The word announce was never used as part of Awo's words, so how on earth could people justifiably 'assume' it to mean that 'announcing secession' had the same meaning, as actual secession? You are just clutching at straws, and trying to twist words to colour Awo's comments, by giving such comments a false interpretation, that was never there. Desist from doing this. It portrays you in a bad light.

2 Likes

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by logica(m): 2:30am On Oct 16, 2017
CeterisXVII:

Assumption has been said to be the mother of all fvck ups. The word announce was never used as part of Awo's words, so how on earth could people justifiably 'assume' it to mean that 'announcing secession' had the same meaning, as actual secession? You are just clutching at straws, and trying to twist words to colour Awo's comments, by giving such comments a false interpretation, that was never there. Desist from doing this. It portrays you in a bad light.
LOL.

Any comments on this?

Also let's not forget northern soldiers promised him presidency of one Nigeria after the war, which they reneged on and he resigned.

The problem is many of them have been regaled with these fictional rendition of the Civil War and that era that educating them is like trying to explain to a child that the Tooth Fairy does not exist. Explaining to a grown man that his whole childhood was a lie takes away his actual sense of self; therefore hanging on to those stories is necessary to maintain a level of sanity.

You see how he diverted attention away from the folly on Awolowo's speech - Awolowo should have been careful of how he spoke in public. Awolowo was a lawyer; not everyone is a lawyer. How can any regular man think like that? Same people who will tell us of how Ojukwu bamboozled people with English. All of a sudden, Awolowo's meaning became so difficult to read (despite explicitly begging Ojukwu not to secede).

Now, we have another fable to contend with - Awolowo had a deal with Gowon. Best thing is to leave him to hang on to his childhood and sense of self. Abi?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by Dedetwo(m): 3:47am On Oct 16, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

"Black" does not mean literally black in this instance, mumu. Just as white does not.
Igbo is a language not a physical attribute nature gave u. Black is an.actual physical attribute.

Pleased use metaphorical format of "Black" to identify your silly self and family not all Africans. Talk about "mumu", there are self-made mumu.
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by Vivere: 4:42am On Oct 16, 2017
logica:
LOL.

Any comments on this?

The problem is many of them have been regaled with these fictional rendition of the Civil War and that era that educating them is like trying to explain to a child that the Tooth Fairy does not exist. Explaining to a grown man that his whole childhood was a lie takes away his actual sense of self; therefore hanging on to those stories is necessary to maintain a level of sanity.

You see how he diverted attention away from the folly on Awolowo's speech - Awolowo should have been careful of how he spoke in public. Awolowo was a lawyer; not everyone is a lawyer. How can any regular man think like that? Same people who will tell us of how Ojukwu bamboozled people with English. All of a sudden, Awolowo's meaning became so difficult to read (despite explicitly begging Ojukwu not to secede).

Now, we have another fable to contend with - Awolowo had a deal with Gowon. Best thing is to leave him to hang on to his childhood and sense of self. Abi?

Thank you, oh!! These people were raised on a diet of propaganda, so what can one expect? They seem to forget that everyone can read and draw their own conclusions, from what was written in black & white.
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by lawani: 11:11am On Oct 16, 2017
Vivere:

Thank you, oh!! These people were raised on a diet of propaganda, so what can one expect? They seem to forget that everyone can read and draw their own conclusions, from what was written in black & white.
Awo was released by Gowon with the cooperation of Ojukwu, I think we can agree on that being the ONLY thing they cooperated on
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by T9ksy(m): 1:19pm On Oct 16, 2017
Vivere:

@ Bolded....now you can discern why i labelled these folks as "Clones". They were "conditioned" with abject lies, so much so that, even if you place a piece of horse manure before their eyes and plate, they will still be mouthing their conditioned lies that, it is rare steak.

1 Like

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by diadem10: 11:00pm On Oct 16, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

Northerners were able to coerce him against his convictions (as most.people belived, including his best supporters).
Awo simply didn't have the conditions to.be able to declare secession without putting himself in grave personal danger. He also was not military and most Yoruba military, like Obasanjo, were one-Nigeria.

Leave me out of your tales by moonlight.

I repeat, I'm quite happy with how Awolowo dealt with the Ibos. Greedy wicked nonentity as your folks needs to put where they belong. No wonder you greedy people still "dey eye" Lagos like you did in the 60's. Yeye. Come take am now, you will meet your waterloo and I'll be here when you gnash your teeth once again and tell yourself stupid story why Yoruba keeps avoiding evil people like you.

3 Likes

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by diadem10: 11:04pm On Oct 16, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

Ojukwu was.in.physical custody of Awo and Ojukwu NEVER took orders.from Gowon nor recognised him in.any way.

Can't u see that if Gowon had the power to go to the East and release such a high value prisoner he would also have had the power to remove Ojukwu and put.his own man.
QED

Can't u see that if Gowon had the power to go to the East and release such a high value prisoner he woul slsor.have had the power to remove Ojukwu and put.his own man.

Perfectly spot on!

The war started a year after Awolowo was released! EOD!

Shameless revisionist

2 Likes

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by WetinConsignMe: 3:37am On Oct 17, 2017
diadem10:

The war started a year after Awolowo was released! EOD!

Shameless revisionist

And what else did Gowon order in the East besides "release of Awo"? Therr fury at the coup plotters was such that they immediately killed all those imprisoned outside the East and buried Anuforo alive. Why didn't Gowon order that those inmprusoned in the East be brought so they can be killed as well?
USE YOUR HEAD FOR ONCE, MUMU.
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by WetinConsignMe: 3:59am On Oct 17, 2017
lawani:
Awo was released by Gowon with the cooperation of Ojukwu, I think we can agree on that being the ONLY thing they cooperated on

Nope. Gowon had no hand in the release of Awo from Calabar. He only knew about it before the nation knew and announced it. Awo was released two days before Gowon took power and would have been in the west durring the coup if he hadn't rejected the plane sent to pick him. He was brought to Enugu to see Ojukwu before he finnally left for Lagos.
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by lawani: 8:00am On Oct 17, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

Nope. Gowon had no hand in the release of Awo from Calabar. He only knew about it before the nation knew and announced it. Awo was released two days before Gowon took power and would have been in the west durring the coup if he hadn't rejected the plane sent to pick him. He was brought to Enugu to see Ojukwu before he finnally left for Lagos.
Why is it not public knowledge as in announced on the news?
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by logica(m): 12:58pm On Oct 17, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

I beg to differ. The North was not planning to secede at all because by then it was already known that there was trillions of dollars in Niger Delta in the form of oil. That was also a major part of what the war was about: oil.

http://www.gamji.com/article6000/NEWS7030.htm

Lt-Colonel Hassan Usman Katsina, seemed to realize the significance of what was going on. Anxious not to allow Ojukwu's domination of the proceedings to continue for too long, he at one point dared Ojukwu to "secede, and let the three of us (West, North, Mid-West) join together". Alarmed by talk of a possible break-up of Nigeria, Ankrah quickly interjected and told his guests that "There is no question of secession when you come here [Ghana]". Although the FMG delegation was keen to mollify and make concessions to Ojukwu, Lt-Colonel Katsina was blunter than his other colleagues. He declared matter of factly to Ojukwu: "You command the east, if you want to come into Nigeria, come into Nigeria and that is that".

That was the general mood of the Northerners. Katsina was just the most direct and blunt of them all.
As a matter of fact and History, Gowon had referred to the initial war policy as "containment" meaning the Federal forces were just satisfied with a blockade rather than enter into Biafra. Then UNTIL the misadventure into the Mid-West.
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by WetinConsignMe: 6:12am On Oct 18, 2017
logica:

http://www.gamji.com/article6000/NEWS7030.htm

That was the general mood of the Northerners. Katsina was just the most direct and blunt of them all.
As a matter of fact and History, Gowon had referred to the initial war policy as "containment" meaning the Federal forces were just satisfied with a blockade rather than enter into Biafra. Then UNTIL the misadventure into the Mid-West.

The Biafra they had in mind did not include the oil fields
or that's why they later said the accord was "unworkable"

Shell-BP in the pursuit of commercially available petroleum found oil in Oloibiri, Nigeria in 1956.

Other important oil wells discovered during the period were Afam and Bomu in Ogoni territory. Production of crude oil began in 1957 and in 1960, a total of 847,000 tonnes of crude oil was exported.

Towards the end of the 1950s, non-British firms were granted license to explore for oil: Mobil in 1955, Tenneco in 1960, Gulf Oil and later Chevron in 1961, Agip in 1962, and Elf in 1962.

Prior to the discovery of oil, Nigeria (like many other African countries) strongly relied on agricultural exports to other countries to supply their economy. Shell-BP discovered the oil at Oloibiri in the Niger Delta. The first oil field began production in 1958.[6]
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by WetinConsignMe: 6:20am On Oct 18, 2017
lawani:
Why is it not public knowledge as in announced on the news?

Simple. Aguiyi was set to announce it on leaving the West and Fajuyi's house on the 29th as a parting gift to the West and Fajuyi. They were both killed that day. But the coup plotters knew of the release.
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by logica(m): 7:05am On Oct 18, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

Aha. "Or". You are not sure. End of discussion.
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by lawani: 7:31am On Oct 18, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

Shell-BP in the pursuit of commercially available petroleum found oil in Oloibiri, Nigeria in 1956.

Other important oil wells discovered during the period were Afam and Bomu in Ogoni territory. Production of crude oil began in 1957 and in 1960, a total of 847,000 tonnes of crude oil was exported.

Towards the end of the 1950s, non-British firms were granted license to explore for oil: Mobil in 1955, Tenneco in 1960, Gulf Oil and later Chevron in 1961, Agip in 1962, and Elf in 1962.

Prior to the discovery of oil, Nigeria (like many other African countries) strongly relied on agricultural exports to other countries to supply their economy. Shell-BP discovered the oil at Oloibiri in the Niger Delta. The first oil field began production in 1958.[6]

Nigeria's Government was dependent on taxes
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by juman(m): 11:20am On Oct 20, 2017
Those military generals that led the war, they killed millions of biafra people.

Most of those military generals became the leaders of the country, but they betrayed nigeria. Those stole billions of dollars and brought the country on its knees. nigeria became destroyed.
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by Nobody: 12:11pm On Oct 20, 2017
victorDanladi:
so this woman is victor banjo daughter.she taught me psychiatry at Ibadan medical school.she is a professor of psychiatry.

psychiatry

M not surprise

she is still suffering on her fathers madness which sent him to his early grave

Traitor
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by victorDanladi: 12:14pm On Oct 20, 2017
profmiganigal:

psychiatry
M not surprise
she is still suffering on her fathers madness which sent him to his early grave
Traitor
You are very ignorant!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

EFCC Agents Storm PDP Primary Election Venue (Pictures) / John Oden: Soldier Sends His Wife Christmas Message From Military Base / Orji Kalu: "Fayose Hid In My House For 90 Days In 2003, Obasanjo Killed Many"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.