Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,723 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands (54583 Views)

JUST IN - LIST: 6 Former Nigerian Governors Convicted For Corruption... / Presidential Visit: Lagos Declares Thursday March 29 Work Free Day / Women In Hijabs Pose With Weapons In Kano (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by Markfemi: 11:28pm On Oct 09, 2017
Jerrypolo:

You want to make an example of states that support and respect Islam and you went for China?.

Have you not heard that just last month here, they ordered for the seizure of all Qur'an and prayer mats in the country?.

Funny thing is what IPOB could not achieve (Dividing Nigeria) religious irrationality will.

For once, Yorubas (Afonjas) and IPOB (Igbos) are seeing eye to eye on an issue.

Nigeria will be free soon.

China has banned Islam and fasting
Muslims struggle to exist in any secular state
Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by Desyner: 11:29pm On Oct 09, 2017
Demmzy15:

The brother made a mistake at the widows aspect, some of his wives were young and others were elderly.

Did those poor Muslims come to your house and complain? Are you saying there aren't poor Christians?
@first paragraph, if he had young wives and the argument was that he married widows out of empathy, why marry girls as young as 10? Was a 10 year old also a widow?

@second paragraph, it is quite common for muslim relative to go diabolical to get their hands on other penples wealth. Their excuse is usually that 'God' supports the idea of materially blessed people supporting the less materially blessed.
Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by Demmzy15(m): 11:30pm On Oct 09, 2017
MightySparrow:
grin grin grin These Muslims eh. .
Shari'a to oppress the poor.in the West as in the north
Harem of wives not practised in Saudi or Iran..hijab not a must

See grammar, how can you know about Shariah when you can't even speak correct English?

on Aljazeera female broadcasters a plan to terrorize Nigeria legally.

Most newscasters in AlJazeera aren't Muslims, so why force them to wear hijab?

Three days weekend advocacy for laziness.

I agree

Changing the curriculums of Secondary schools to impose Arabic and Islamic studies on our children.

Is your child a Muslim? No one imposed Arabic and Islamic studies on them

Islam will end in third world war one day...

It didn't end during 1st WW, 2nd WW and definitely not in 3rd WW
Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by Nobody: 11:31pm On Oct 09, 2017
Demmzy15:
Quranic inscription where? You people are too dull, what is on the naira notes are known as "ajami". It's Hausa for N100, N50, N20
YOU ARE VERY VERY STUPID AND IDIOT
Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by Demmzy15(m): 11:35pm On Oct 09, 2017
Desyner:

@first paragraph, if he had young wives and the argument was that he married widows out of empathy, why marry girls as young as 10? Was a 10 year old also a widow?

All his wives weren't widows, some were divorced. Some were captives whom he freed and got married to. Young marriages was common in the older times in Arab and Jewish communities, even in America as far back as 200years, girls of 7years got married.

@second paragraph, it is quite common for muslim relative to go diabolical to get their hands on other penples wealth. Their excuse is usually that good supports the idea of materially blessed people supporting the less materially blessed.

I don't think I've come across this, but fact remains there's nothing wrong with a well-to-do family supporting the poorer ones. In fact Islam encourages this, this is why under Shariah law, a wealthy individual is to drop 2.5% annually to help the poor and needy
Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by Encyclopedia1: 11:35pm On Oct 09, 2017
yang:
These animals have started showing their true colors

A well orchestrated islamisation plan

why can't you people form your own country and impose all the sharia laws that you want

You have finished propagating your evil it in the North to form boko haram with funds from saudi arabia now the next thing is to continue the jihad down south

The sooner we divide this zoo called nigeria the better for everyone

I'm tired of u people talking about islamising Nigeria, y can't u also Christenize it u fools.
Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by BenzEne1(m): 11:37pm On Oct 09, 2017
diadem10:

What's this one saying?

I will start taking you serious until you fight for the right of Yoruba to lead prayer in the Northern mosques or the right of Yoruba to head Nigeria Islamic office.

I'm a Yoruba and I'm not inferior to any ethnic groups, don't know about some bastards!

I am Edo. And I led prayers at ABU Zaria Samaru campus during a recent visit. Are you even a muslim? Have you prayed in northern mosques.
Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by Demmzy15(m): 11:38pm On Oct 09, 2017
Jerrypolo:

You want to make an example of states that support and respect Islam and you went for China?.

Have you not heard that just last month here, they ordered for the seizure of all Qur'an and prayer mats in the country?.

Funny thing is what IPOB could not achieve (Dividing Nigeria) religious irrationality will.

For once, Yorubas (Afonjas) and IPOB (Igbos) are seeing eye to eye on an issue.

Nigeria will be free soon.
Read about Islam in China on Wikipedia. The areas the Chinese always clamp down on is the areas populated by the Uighurs who are ethnic turkic Muslims, what is going on there is ethnicity not religious per se. Majority of Chinese are Han, while the Hui Muslims are equivalent of Han except that they're Muslims, everything about them is the same. The Chinese sponsors Hui Muslims on hajj, there are Muslim only buses in China, Muslim only toilets, Muslims restaurants, Muslims toiletries, etc.
Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by diadem10: 11:40pm On Oct 09, 2017
BenzEne1:

I am Edo. And I led prayers at ABU Zaria Samaru campus during a recent visit. Are you even a muslim? Have you prayed in northern mosques.

Lol.

This one is talking about a university mosque where students of different ethnic stock converge? Abegi..
Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by Demmzy15(m): 11:41pm On Oct 09, 2017
diadem10:

Islam is no part of my culture! We may have borrowed some words from it but we also did with the christian religion. In fact, our Ifa dated centuries back before Mohammed was born! I'm a Yoruba who's far above any stupid religion out there.

Don't worry, we will eventually carve out your Ilorin to go meet their northern master!

And are these banks dashing Nigeria money? Are they not business men like their counterpart? You're quite dense!
Accept it or not, Islam influenced Yoruba religion. As Muslims we believe that God sent Prophets and Messengers to the whole world with Prophet Muhammad(Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Salam) being the last, some scholars suggested that the Yoruba religion likely originated as a monotheistic religion before it was corrupted after some years.

And sorry to burst your bubble, I'm not from Ilorin. I'm Igbomina!
Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by Daeylar(f): 11:42pm On Oct 09, 2017
ToZaraWithaZ:
You know, the purpose of religious rules is to control you and make you conformist. They want to control every aspect of your life, so much that they have rules concerning your thoughts, your body, your health, your time, your behaviour, what you eat and drink, your appearance....... and so on.
Nothing but the truth

There was a particular movement in ancient times known as Gnosticism. These weird guys believed that the creator of the physical universe is EVIL, and refered to him as the "Demuirge" [The world is evil because its creator IS evil]. The True God resides in the immaterial Kingdom of light, and it is their purpose to escape the material prison of Satan to the luminious domain of the True God.

The ancient Gnostics adopted two strategies for dealing with the controlling world of the Demuirge and his evil religions of control: ascetism or licentiousness. The ascetic approach was to withdraw from the world. They ate and drank little, needed little money, didn't have conventional homes or jobs, avoided contact with members of the mainstream religions. They took themselves "off the grid", so to speak. You can't be controlled by a system in which you don't participate

The licentious approach is "Sin for Salvation" - deliberately breaking the rules of the controllers, purposely misusing and abusing the laws of the Demiurge. With this approach, you lose all fear of the controllers' system.

Gnostics were regarded as libertines, outlaws, and rebels. They were described as "antimonians" - those against the established law.

Thanks for this, very informative,
I love the bolded paragraph I see their point,

If you don't mind, I have two novels I can share, that feature the concept - PROHIBITION A and THE MILLIONAIRES' DEATH CLUB.
No problem, I don't mind,

So you don't believe in demons or Satan or anything like that?
Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by Demmzy15(m): 11:43pm On Oct 09, 2017
diadem10:

Lol.. And these are the benefits of sharia? Tell me how they catered to the fleeing syria the last time out.

I ask again, was these sharia laws that made these oil rich countries one of the richest?
Syria is not a Shariah country, it is because of Shariah(helping the oppressed) that made Saudi Arabia a Shariah country to accept thousands of refugees. Some refugees preferred to move to Europe, that's their business but those that applied to Shariah nations were accepted!
Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by diadem10: 11:45pm On Oct 09, 2017
Demmzy15:
Accept it or not, Islam influenced Yoruba religion. As Muslims we believe that God sent Prophets and Messengers to the whole world with Prophet Muhammad(Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Salam) being the last, some scholars suggested that the Yoruba religion likely originated as a monotheistic religion before it was corrupted after some years.

And sorry to burst your bubble, I'm not from Ilorin. I'm Igbomina!

Nope! Ifa pre-dates mohammed! That I know.

And yes, Islam may have influenced Yoruba culture but christianity also did. But that doesn't mean I'm subjected to the religion. I'm first a Yoruba above anything else!
Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by Nobody: 11:47pm On Oct 09, 2017
Daeylar:

Nothing but the truth

Thanks for this, very informative,
I love the bolded paragraph I see their point,

No problem, I don't mind,

So you don't believe in demons or Satan or anything like that?
Nahh. I don't at all.

Should I share the books via e-mail?
Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by Daeylar(f): 11:49pm On Oct 09, 2017
ToZaraWithaZ:
Nahh. I don't at all.
All right embarassed
Should I share the books via e-mail?
Sure
Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by diadem10: 11:49pm On Oct 09, 2017
Demmzy15:
Syria is not a Shariah country, it is because of Shariah(helping the oppressed) that made Saudi Arabia a Shariah country to accept thousands of refugees. Some refugees preferred to move to Europe, that's their business but those that applied to Shariah nations were accepted!

Lol! How come we only heard from the Saudi, not the refugees themselves? Yeye dey smell. What help have they rendered to embattled Muslim countries out there?

I ask again were these sharia law the reason they become a rich country? You' keep evading the question.
Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by Nobody: 11:51pm On Oct 09, 2017
Daeylar:
All right embarassed
Sure
Cool. You'll get them soon.
Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by Demmzy15(m): 11:52pm On Oct 09, 2017
diadem10:

Lol! How come we only heard from the Saudi, not the refugees themselves? Yeye dey smell. What help have they rendered to embattled Muslim countries out there?

Google is your friend, Saudi Arabia is one of the most generous countries in the world.

I ask again were these sharia law the reason they become a rich country? You' keep evading the question.

I'm not evading any question, if you're poor you're poor. If you're rich, you're. I replied with respect to your first post lambasting the Shariah, I've given you examples of how even western countries adopt some aspects of Shariah in their businesses. Many poor Muslim countries don't even use Shariah, check it out yourself

1 Like

Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by BenzEne1(m): 11:53pm On Oct 09, 2017
Nowenuse:

The pope can hardly be black, simply because majority of black christians are not Catholics. We are protestants and the pope has no significance to the majority of us whatsoever. The Europeans and Latin American christians are overwhelmingly Catholics, so that is their denomination
What is your own excuse for a Black Muslim never leading prayers in Mecca or a Yoruba Muslim never being Sultan (the official spiritual head of all Muslims in Nigeria)?

You people should stop peddling lies. Adil Kalbani was black and was the Imam of the masjid at Makkah. There is no racism in Islam. And you just talked about the sultans. The sultanate in Nigeria is affiliated with the defunct Sokoto caliphate. So naturally there is a selection among the hierarchy in the caliphate to produce a sultan.
Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by Daeylar(f): 11:53pm On Oct 09, 2017
ToZaraWithaZ:
Methinks the OP is sad and bored. grin

Lol, let me answer here, they love drama there, they will soon face you,
But I just remembered you are capable of talking to anyone like a brother if you feel like doing so grin grin
Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by Demmzy15(m): 11:54pm On Oct 09, 2017
jaggabban:

Remove Igbos and Hausa from Lagos, 60 to 70% are Muslims, Ogun 50% xtians Islam 25% traditional 25%, Ekiti xtians 55% traditional 25% Muslims 20%, Oyo Muslims 65% others 35%, Osun Muslims 70% Kwara Muslims 90% States like Ekiti and Ogun where xtians are dominant av low population. So SW belongs to Muslims as well.
I think you meant Ogun to be Ondo. I believe Ogun State to be 50/50
Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by Demmzy15(m): 11:55pm On Oct 09, 2017
Nowenuse:
Anything like this will lead to problems too. What about northern states like kaduna, Adamawa, Gombe and almost all middlebelt states that 50-50 religiously divided? Remember the over 5000 lives that were lost in kaduna crisis when the Christians protested against imposing sharia law in 2001 in the state?
Seriously that riots was very baseless and stupid. Why protest a law which has absolutely nothing to do with you?
Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by Daeylar(f): 11:56pm On Oct 09, 2017
ToZaraWithaZ:
Cool. You'll get them soon.

All right
Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by Demmzy15(m): 11:56pm On Oct 09, 2017
Senigentle:

You can imagine this... Even all naira notes bears Arabic inscriptions, security batches too bears Arabic inscriptions...all those sponsoring bills to Islamist this peaceful nation of Jehovah shall be destroy by fire in Jesus Name... Amen
Mumu
Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by diadem10: 11:57pm On Oct 09, 2017
Demmzy15:

Google is your friend, Saudi Arabia is one of the most generous countries in the world.

I'm not evading any question, if you're poor you're poor. If you're rich, you're. I replied with respect to your first post lambasting the Shariah, I've given you examples of how even western countries adopt some aspects of Shariah in their businesses. Many poor Muslim countries don't even use Shariah, check it out yourself

You didn't answer the question.. A Yes or No should suffice.

And nope, I want the refugees themselves to come out and proclaim these. I want to the pictures of their borders opening for the refugees to come in. Until then, you're all saying nonsense, including the saudi arabians
Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by Demmzy15(m): 11:59pm On Oct 09, 2017
diadem10:

You didn't answer the question.. A Yes or No should suffice.

And nope, I want the refugees themselves to come out and proclaim these. I want to the pictures of their borders opening for the refugees to come in. Until then, you're all saying nonsense, including the saudi arabians
How can it be Yes/No answer? grin grin Guy!!! Go to Saudi Arabia, you'll find the refugees there. No Syrian refugee is on Nairaland!!! grin grin
Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by diadem10: 12:01am On Oct 10, 2017
Demmzy15:
I think you meant Ogun to be Ondo. I believe Ogun State to be 50/50

Keep dreaming. Only Ilorin folks are subjected to the Fulanis.

Others could be muslims or christians, traditional but are Yorubas first and we have self worth unlike some bastards
Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by Demmzy15(m): 12:01am On Oct 10, 2017
jaggabban:

U mean the SW xtians that are in cooperation with Igbos because of religion? So we should leave our northern brethren to pilot the affairs of Islam that belong to us too?
You see the hypocrites, whenever it suits them they'll shout Yoruba Muslims are northern slaves despite not mentioning anything about North. But throughout the thread, even Yoruba Christians are now in alliance with potors!
Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by Nobody: 12:02am On Oct 10, 2017
Daeylar:

Lol, let me answer here, they love drama there, they will soon face you,
But I just remembered you are capable of talking to anyone like a brother if you feel like doing so grin grin
Lol. And when I talk to my brothers, I tend to be very "friendly". grin
Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by diadem10: 12:03am On Oct 10, 2017
Demmzy15:
How can it be Yes/No answer? grin grin Guy!!! Go to Saudi Arabia, you'll find the refugees there. No Syrian refugee is on Nairaland!!! grin grin

Lol. I can see you've got nothing to say. Mr sharia made an oil country rich.. Lol

The refugees have got no mouth? There's no one to take pictures of the border at the time it was opened for the refugees? Bunch of liars!

2 Likes

Re: Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands by BenzEne1(m): 12:03am On Oct 10, 2017
Demmzy15:
Quranic inscription where? You people are too dull, what is on the naira notes are known as "ajami". It's Hausa for N100, N50, N20

Brother I can't believe some of these people posting really ignorant statements riddled with lies are educated. Discussing with them is like drawing wwater from a mirage.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply)

Charles Eruka Reporting Live In Rivers Amidst Gunshot (pic) / Female Suicide Bombers Who Struck At Maiduguri Market (Graphic Photos) / People At ATM Queue Hail Tinubu In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.