Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,225 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:01 AM

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant - Travel (116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (548929 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (131) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Tblock: 7:48am On Feb 08, 2022
Good morning fam,

I am Emmanuel and I'm new here. I want to emigrate to Australia as a skilled immigrant, can anyone be kind enough to tell me the basics and how I can start?
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by meatmechanics: 12:37pm On Feb 08, 2022
The [url= https://meatmechanics.com.au/food-van-melbourne/]Best Food Truck Melbourne[/url] provided catering services to the Greater Melbourne Area catering to weddings, corporate events, parties, BBQs, and much more. They aim to provide the highest quality food and experience for their customers.

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by stifo2012: 1:21am On Feb 10, 2022
https://www.nairaland.com/4478747/diy-guide-australian-permanent-resident

Spend some time with this and you should be okay.

Tblock:
Good morning fam,

I am Emmanuel and I'm new here. I want to emigrate to Australia as a skilled immigrant, can anyone be kind enough to tell me the basics and how I can start?
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by pemilabelle: 1:52pm On Feb 11, 2022
Good day everyone!!

Please is there anyone traveling next month or recently just left? Need to find out what airline is best to use.

I checked Qatar airways, it’s almost $2300 for a one way ticket (March). Must one get a return ticket too?
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Bush2013: 1:09am On Feb 12, 2022
Triggerdaclub:
PLS PEOPLE I'M WRITING FOR GENUINE ADVISE.
I'm a medical doctor 30 years of age. Had my MBBS degree 2015 from Russia, I've completed my internship and Nysc and have 1 year post Nysc work experience.
Now I want to relocate to Australia to do Masters, so what I'd like to ask is;
1) what's d best career path for me? Cos I'm aware becoming an Australia licensed doctor is quite difficult.
2) Which Masters program should I do in a medical related field which is in high demand so when I'm thru I can easily get a job?
3) If I opt for Masters in nursing would I be eligible to be registered into the Australia nursing council after completion of the program cos I know nurses are highly sorted after in Australia.
4) Which part of Australia would I have THE MOST job opportunities in the health sector.

NB: I thought of applying for PR but one of the criterias for Doctors is to pass the AMC exam which is time consuming.

PLS HELP A CONFUSED MIND.

Hoping to hear you guys response soonest.

Thanks Dr Collins.
hi please can you pm me
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by FBS: 6:03am On Feb 14, 2022
Triggerdaclub:
I'm a medical doctor 30 years of age. Had my MBBS degree 2015 from Russia, I've completed my internship and Nysc and have 1 year post Nysc work experience.
1) what's d best career path for me? Cos I'm aware becoming an Australia licensed doctor is quite difficult.
2) Which Masters program should I do in a medical related field which is in high demand so when I'm thru I can easily get a job?
3) If I opt for Masters in nursing would I be eligible to be registered into the Australia nursing council after completion of the program cos I know nurses are highly sorted after in Australia.
4) Which part of Australia would I have THE MOST job opportunities in the health sector.

NB: I thought of applying for PR but one of the criterias for Doctors is to pass the AMC exam which is time consuming.

Thanks Dr Collins.
PR would have been the "easier" option but yes it is not that straightforward. Lots of hurdles to scale but perhaps the doctors in the house can advise of the field to enrol in as a student. One thing is 99% sure though, as a GP you should be able to get employment easily. Na to dey prescribe panadol for everything and sending referrals left, right and centre. grin No stress. lol. Just kidding ooo.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by AussieJoan: 11:03am On Feb 20, 2022
pemilabelle:
Good day everyone!!

Please is there anyone traveling next month or recently just left? Need to find out what airline is best to use.

I checked Qatar airways, it’s almost $2300 for a one way ticket (March). Must one get a return ticket too?

If you're going on a student visa, you don't need a return ticket
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by pemilabelle: 6:23pm On Feb 21, 2022
AussieJoan:

If you're going on a student visa, you don't need a return ticket

Thanks so much
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by kcaristotle: 2:19pm On Mar 03, 2022
[quote author=damsel020 post=82277257][/quote]

Hi Damsel020. I have enrolled in a doctoral program at AUC Brisbane campus with a Certificate of Enrollment issued already by the University. But am stuck in my visa application process. my studies Resumption date is the end of June 2022 and I cannot get an accommodation rental contract despite the best of efforts on Realestate.com. I applied for three accommodations around Durack via that site. I need help on how best to navigate this as I could not even generate my HAP ID, which is needed for medical screening for Australian visa requirements. Thanks for your guide on how to secure accommodation. Cheers
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by FBS: 4:50am On Mar 04, 2022
AUC is at Banyo ,right? Banyo to Durack is a good 1 hr drive depending on traffic or 40 mins if you take the Airport link toll, so you basically crossing from North side to south side.
If you are finding it hard to get accomodation on Realestate.com (that site sucks anyway, lol), you could look into AirBnB or booking a hotel to get an address to enable you continue with your application. You don't necessarily have to make payments now, you only need the booking I think.

Hope that makes sense.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Bruxxels: 5:14am On Mar 04, 2022
kcaristotle:

Hi Damsel020. I have enrolled in a doctoral program at AUC Brisbane campus with a Certificate of Enrollment issued already by the University. But am stuck in my visa application process. my studies Resumption date is the end of June 2022 and I cannot get an accommodation rental contract despite the best of efforts on Realestate.com. I applied for three accommodations around Durack via that site. I need help on how best to navigate this as I could not even generate my HAP ID, which is needed for medical screening for Australian visa requirements. Thanks for your guide on how to secure accommodation. Cheers

Getting rental may be tough now especially with less activity in building sector due to pandemic. I will advise you check online and look for contacts of indigenous Nigerian churches i.e websites in Brisbane. Contact them and they can help removing a bit stress out of your way.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by kcaristotle: 1:48pm On Mar 04, 2022
Bruxxels:

Getting rental may be tough now especially with less activity in building sector due to pandemic. I will advise you check online and look for contacts of indigenous Nigerian churches i.e websites in Brisbane. Contact them and they can help removing a bit stress out of your way.

Dear Bruxxels, thank you for the feedback. Good suggestion; I never thought about that before. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by kcaristotle: 1:51pm On Mar 04, 2022
FBS:
AUC is at Banyo ,right? Banyo to Durack is a good 1 hr drive depending on traffic or 40 mins if you take the Airport link toll, so you basically crossing from North side to south side.
If you are finding it hard to get accomodation on Realestate.com (that site sucks anyway, lol), you could look into AirBnB or booking a hotel to get an address to enable you continue with your application. You don't necessarily have to make payments now, you only need the booking I think.

Hope that makes sense.

@ FBS, thanks for the feedback. Truly, real estate site is very complex and unresponsive. Have applied there without response from them. But Amberstudent accommodation site is responding with good communication so far
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by FBS: 10:33am On Mar 05, 2022
kcaristotle:

@ FBS, thanks for the feedback. Truly, real estate site is very complex and unresponsive. Have applied there without response from them. But Amberstudent accommodation site is responding with good communication so far
Well, good luck with your search.
You can also check with your school, they would probably be able to provide some assistance.
Cheers
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by karryprincess: 10:00pm On Mar 14, 2022
Hello everyone,

Please what should i do if i cannot get my Biometrics done 14days after generating the biometrics document from the Homeaffairs.
Can i still go with the document i have to the biometrics center or do i necessarily have to generate another one?
Anyone with a similar experience should please reply. Thank you
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by tunlex01(m): 2:18am On Mar 30, 2022
It’s been a while since pictures have been posted here!
I’ll do the honours and I want to suggest others to join as well. Let’s revive this thread.
My trip to Tasmania
1. Beautiful Salamanca market
2. Hobart view from MONA museum
3. Tasman arch
4. Cape Hauy (with the man at the top using a zip line to cross)

10 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by tunlex01(m): 2:27am On Mar 30, 2022
1. Fortescue
2. First Boys’ Prison at Port Arthur
3. Tasman Island
4. Cape Pillar

7 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Bruxxels: 3:46am On Mar 30, 2022
Triggerdaclub:

Thanks Dr Collins.

Nursing is a good way to get your PR fast. Make sure you do your nursing programme in a regional areas, and you can ask for credits , recognition of previous studies. That may shortened the time. Also if you have enough funds you can do accelerated nursing degree in Tasmania ,2 years , and with waivers on previous studies the duration may even be reduced . Check up anyway.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by DrCollins218: 2:45am On Apr 22, 2022
I arrived Australia yesterday safely on a PR visa. It was a smooth scale at the border control. If you have any questions you can ask me here and I will be happy to provide answers.
Thank you

10 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by karryprincess: 9:06am On Apr 22, 2022
Good day all.

Please the attached information has been on my profile since I did my Biometrics capturing on the 23rd of March. However, my profile still indicates "Arrange biometrics collection ".

What am I expected to do?
Is there any other information VFS should have provided that is yet to be provided?
Even if this is a technical glitch is a month not too long?
Please who experienced this while processing his/her application?
What can i do please?
NOTE: my biometrics was taken after the required 14 days.

Kindly help attend to the above.

Thank you.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Etinosa1234: 10:58am On Apr 22, 2022
DrCollins218:
I arrived Australia yesterday safely on a PR visa. It was a smooth scale at the border control. If you have any questions you can ask me here and I will be happy to provide answers.
Thank you

Drop landing gist for boys abeg

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Decentdave(m): 11:22am On Apr 22, 2022
Etinosa1234:

Drop landing gist for boys abeg
when did u submit EOI and when did u get ur ITA
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Froshloaded: 1:37pm On Apr 22, 2022
DrCollins218:
Thank you
Drop landing gist oga..
Congratulations btw..

May the land favour you!!
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Etinosa1234: 10:45pm On Apr 22, 2022
Decentdave:

I never get visa na cheesy grin
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Decentdave(m): 8:31am On Apr 23, 2022
Etinosa1234:

I never get visa na cheesy grin
sorry no be u grin
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Decentdave(m): 8:32am On Apr 23, 2022
DrCollins218:
Thank you
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by DrCollins218: 7:50pm On Apr 29, 2022
Decentdave:

EOI April 2020, ITA June 2020, Visa application September 2020, PR visa grant October 2021.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Munachimso30(m): 10:09am On May 01, 2022
Wow, it’s a very nice one
I believe am gonna write mine someday, please can I ask some questions like
Which agent did you use or you did everything by your self , how much did it cost you to get their
Am not married, just me alone
Can someone travel to Australia without job offer, maybe am not qualify for PR
Can someone change his visa status(from visit to work permit) while in Australia?
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Decentdave(m): 10:43am On May 01, 2022
DrCollins218:

EOI April 2020, ITA June 2020, Visa application September 2020, PR visa grant October 2021.
wow..Nice one ..sorry for asking again what were your points as time u applied
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by thegrandpavilio: 7:42am On May 02, 2022
Well, it is hard for the immigrants or tourist to find best Indian Restaurant in Sydney, where they can enjoy Indian Food like Home Made food, Malai Kofta is one of my favourite Indian Food.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by donforeign: 11:20am On May 02, 2022
DrCollins218:
Thank you
how did u do it ? i have ND , can it work?

congratulations
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by AA11(f): 4:02pm On May 07, 2022
I would like to communicate with you through email if you don't mind. In a similar situation with you currently.
haryourdayG:
Hello bosses, which region is best for Civil Engineers in terms of employment and most affordable to settle as a migrant. I intend to submit ROI for NSW and will have to choose a region

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (131) (Reply)

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.