Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant - Travel (118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (550152 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (131) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Kuljbaba: 5:46pm On Jun 25, 2022
ednut1:
by applying online.
please guide me on how to do it or send me the link to search for it
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by ednut1(m): 5:59pm On Jun 25, 2022
Kuljbaba:
please guide me on how to do it or send me the link to search for it
you never ready, go on google. If you dont have the right skills or experience too in shortage there. They wont get back to you.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Babatundeh26: 6:03pm On Jun 25, 2022
Please does anyone know of any top up nursing degree program in Australia and how much it cost?
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by DrCollins218: 6:43pm On Jun 25, 2022
Richdee1:

This is great, congratulations
Are Australian Schools cheap?
What is the easiest way to come in?

The easiest way is via Students visa.

Australian schools are not cheap.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Kuljbaba: 8:19pm On Jun 25, 2022
ednut1:
you never ready, go on google. If you dont have the right skills or experience too in shortage there. They wont get back to you.
I hope the payment section is not a scam?
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Munachimso30(m): 9:38pm On Jun 25, 2022
DrCollins218:
My Australian landing gist and experience so far.

I arrived Australia on a PR visa through Qatar airways. It was a smooth scale at the border control apart from filling the long covid forms and entries.

I was picked up at the airport by a Senior Brother whom I have been living with and his family since my arrival.

Settling down in Australia as a new immigrant isn't easy especially getting used to a new system.

In terms of jobs, there are many jobs here that can fetch one good money both in the blue and white collar industry.

I got my first job in May and I have been enjoying the experience. Over here, people don't joke with time. If someone living in Australia spares sometime to respond to your questions, you should appreciate it because everyone is busy and on the move constantly.

I didn't understand this till I arrived.

Disability support worker jobs are everywhere in Sydney and they are heavily short staffed. In fact na dem dey beg you to come and work.

Disability support worker jobs can fetch one a good 3k dollars per forth night if you pick good shifts.

In terms of getting a professional job, it's very difficult because most companies won't employ someone without Australian local experience. For instance, if you a construction engineer, breaking into the construction industry is very difficult without local experience.

In terms of mobility, you will need a car, in fact most jobs will ask if you can drive, drivers license, car insurance etc.

Besides, having a car in Australia is a necessity not luxury. You can't get around without a car because everywhere is far from each other. I have spent 8 weeks here and I thank God for bringing me to the beautiful country despite the challenges of settling in.

If you have any questions please do ask me and I will be happy to respond.

Thank you so much and happy weekend.

How do I get you outside here, wanna ask a lot of questions please

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by DrCollins218: 1:13pm On Jun 26, 2022
Munachimso30:

How do I get you outside here, wanna ask a lot of questions please

You can ask your questions here and I will answer.

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Munachimso30(m): 2:33pm On Jun 26, 2022
DrCollins218:

You can ask your questions here and I will answer.
Please I want to migrate through working permit and I can’t get that without an employer giving me a job offer
Have tried all I could to know if I can get that but to no avail
Since you’re there already and have little experience just like you said, is there any other chances for me to migrate
I don’t think if I can come through PR since I gat o level
Any advice or help?
It have been my dream to migrate to Australia, I love that country so much
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Skyrocket1: 3:22am On Jun 27, 2022
Munachimso30:

Please I want to migrate through working permit and I can’t get that without an employer giving me a job offer
Since you’re there already and have little experience just like you said, is there any other chances for me to migrate
Any advice or help?

Try applying for a student visa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Munachimso30(m): 8:23am On Jun 27, 2022
Skyrocket1:

Try applying for a student visa.

Won’t be easy for me sir, am all alone in this journey and don’t have someone to support me even with a dime, someone told me that school route is 80% percent sure but it’s damn costly too, can’t afford it for now
Thanks for your time and response, I appreciate
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by DrCollins218: 8:43am On Jun 27, 2022
Munachimso30:

Any advice or help?

Unfortunately most pathways will require at least a first degree, however, you can refer to other Australian migration threads for more information.

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Munachimso30(m): 2:30pm On Jun 27, 2022
DrCollins218:

Unfortunately most pathways will require at least a first degree, however, you can refer to other Australian migration threads for more information.

Thanks for your response
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Fumpat: 3:54am On Jul 03, 2022
Please did you do coved 19 test before departure? Also, how did you pack foodstuffs?
Did you have any problem with it at the border?
Thank you.

DrCollins218:
My Australian landing gist and experience so far.

I arrived Australia on a PR visa through Qatar airways. It was a smooth scale at the border control apart from filling the long covid forms and entries.

I was picked up at the airport by a Senior Brother whom I have been living with and his family since my arrival.

Settling down in Australia as a new immigrant isn't easy especially getting used to a new system.

In terms of jobs, there are many jobs here that can fetch one good money both in the blue and white collar industry.

I got my first job in May and I have been enjoying the experience. Over here, people don't joke with time. If someone living in Australia spares sometime to respond to your questions, you should appreciate it because everyone is busy and on the move constantly.

I didn't understand this till I arrived.

Disability support worker jobs are everywhere in Sydney and they are heavily short staffed. In fact na dem dey beg you to come and work.

Disability support worker jobs can fetch one a good 3k dollars per forth night if you pick good shifts.

In terms of getting a professional job, it's very difficult because most companies won't employ someone without Australian local experience. For instance, if you a construction engineer, breaking into the construction industry is very difficult without local experience.

In terms of mobility, you will need a car, in fact most jobs will ask if you can drive, drivers license, car insurance etc.

Besides, having a car in Australia is a necessity not luxury. You can't get around without a car because everywhere is far from each other. I have spent 8 weeks here and I thank God for bringing me to the beautiful country despite the challenges of settling in.

If you have any questions please do ask me and I will be happy to respond.

Thank you so much and happy weekend.

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Japkelly(m): 8:24pm On Jul 04, 2022
Hello am an Accountant Here in Nigeria and have a working experience for 8 years with my Masters Degree. I want to Migrate to Australia with Skill Visa... How do I go about it.
Is there any Whatapp Group? Am more active on that platform. This is a Project I have to focus for 2022/2023.
My what's app number is
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Amy2021: 6:06pm On Jul 06, 2022
Good evening all. Plz I need information , are there Nigeria community in Wollongong, New south Wale. As I will be coming soon.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by floboyza: 3:52am On Jul 07, 2022
Please I need help, I read on this thread that accounting is a no go area. Is that still the case and why. I plan to study masters in accounting in a regional area is there a path to PR for me with this route.

I have a degree in accounting and three years banking experience as an FX officer. Please what are my options. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by chumbuck12: 12:44pm On Jul 07, 2022
Landing Gist grin grin

I arrived in Australia on Monday evening Aussie time grin.. I was so happy and excited cheesy grin grin..

We left home for the airport at 4am on Sunday ... My flight was by 8 am so we had to leave early..

When we arrived at MMIA, the airport was not filled and we quickly did our check-in.. then we went back to take pics with family..

It was an emotional moment but I wasn't moved. ... I'm a man of violence... So we boarded the plane which was Qatar airways ... Quickly said my goodbye wishes to my friends on whatsapp before network lost... A lot of people were surprised tho.. and I expected that...

At that point in the plane, I was heavily anxious... I didn't know what to expect.. I've never been on a plane nor have I been in a large association of foreigners .. when the plane started to move,my anxiety rose and I became very paranoid praying that this plane doesn't crash embarassed...

Well ,take off was smooth tho... Then they served food.. God!!! This was the worst food I've ever eaten in my life.. no taste at all.. I'm pretty sure that the food I cooked in ekosodin was 59x better than that shit angry sad angry... I nearly cried because I was hungry and I told my parents before leaving that it's best I eat now than relying on airplane food .

The only thing I enjoyed was the apple juice.. the rest were below the bar... Then I watch some films like Encanto and Fatherhood... Later, I slept off tho because I didn't sleep the past night due to anxiety of the flight..

Soon, we arrived at Doha... Guy.. Doha is so beautiful ooo.. Nigeria is such a complete mess. .. we walked from where we came down from airport to where we'll wait to board the next plane. ..

It was a long walk though.. I jokingly told my cousin that this was our long walk to freedom grin grin grin.. There we waited at the airport till it was time to board..

we boarded the second flight. This one was a bit bigger.. but with little leg space... And it was for 13 hrs

I was in a tight position throughout.. I couldn't even manage myself ... Then they served us food which was a little bit better sha... I rewatched Harry Potter again but I didn't finish it because of sleep sha..

When we touched down Sydney, I was so happy.. I had finally touchdown the city that I had so dreamer of.. I was finally here smiley

My happiness knew no bounds... immigration was quick and then we went to get our baggages.. a little bit stressful but we crossed that hurdle

My family members came to pick us and we took pictures to send home... Then my cousin drove me to some of my other family members place where we ate and talked... Later on we moved to another of my family's place where we are to stay temporarily..

I had to find time to write this... I've just been sleeping and watching Netflix.... I've never seen this kain enjoyment before grin cheesy..

Today I did my Medicare stuff, opened a new bank account and got a new Sim...

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by chumbuck12: 12:45pm On Jul 07, 2022
I just say make I let the thread interesting small

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by connectgt: 1:22pm On Jul 07, 2022
Congratulations! May the land favour you.

chumbuck12:
Landing Gist grin grin

I arrived in Australia on Monday evening Aussie time grin.. I was so happy and excited cheesy grin grin..

We left home for the airport at 4am on Sunday ... My flight was by 8 am so we had to leave early..

When we arrived at MMIA, the airport was not filled and we quickly did our check-in.. then we went back to take pics with family..

It was an emotional moment but I wasn't moved. ... I'm a man of violence... So we boarded the plane which was Qatar airways ... Quickly said my goodbye wishes to my friends on whatsapp before network lost... A lot of people were surprised tho.. and I expected that...

At that point in the plane, I was heavily anxious... I didn't know what to expect.. I've never been on a plane nor have I been in a large association of foreigners .. when the plane started to move,my anxiety rose and I became very paranoid praying that this plane doesn't crash embarassed...

Well ,take off was smooth sha... Then they served food.. God!!! This was the worst food I've ever eaten in my life.. no taste at all.. I'm pretty sure that the food I cooked in ekosodin was 59x better than that shit angry sad angry... I nearly cried because I was hungry and I told my parents before leaving that it's best I eat now than relying on airplane food .

The only thing I enjoyed was the apple juice.. the rest were below the bar... Then I watch some films like Encanto and Fatherhood... Later, I slept off sha because I didn't sleep the past night due to anxiety of the flight..

Soon, we arrived at Doha... Guy.. Doha is so beautiful sha.. Nigeria is such a complete mess sha.. .. we walked from where we came down from airport to where we'll wait to board the next plane. ..

It was a long walk sha... I jokingly told my cousin that this was our long walk to freedom grin grin grin.. There we waited at the airport till it was time to board..

we boarded the second flight. This one was a bit bigger.. but with little leg space... And it was for 13 hrs

I was in a tight position throughout.. I couldn't even manage myself ... Then they served us food which was a little bit better sha... I rewatched Harry Potter again sha but I didn't finish it because of sleep sha..

When we touched down Sydney, I was so happy.. I had finally touchdown the city that I had so dreamer of.. I was finally here smiley

My happiness knew no bounds... immigration was quick and then we went to get our baggages.. a little bit stressful but we crossed that hurdle

My family members came to pick us and we took pictures to send home... Then my cousin drove me to some of my other family members place where we ate and talked... Later on we moved to another of my family's place where we are to stay temporarily..

I had to find time to write this sha.. I've just been sleeping and watching Netflix.... I've never seen this kain enjoyment before grin cheesy..

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Froshloaded: 1:35pm On Jul 07, 2022
chumbuck12:
I just say make I let the thread interesting small

Congratulations bro
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by KristaPretty(f): 3:39pm On Jul 07, 2022
chumbuck12:
Landing Gist grin grin

Well ,take off was smooth sha... Then they served food.. God!!! This was the worst food I've ever eaten in my life.. no taste at all.. I'm pretty sure that the food I cooked in ekosodin was 59x better than that shit angry sad angry... I nearly cried because I was hungry and I told my parents before leaving that it's best I eat now than relying on airplane food .

The only thing I enjoyed was the apple juice.. the rest were below the bar... Then I watch some films like Encanto and Fatherhood... Later, I slept off sha because I didn't sleep the past night due to anxiety of the flight..

Soon, we arrived at Doha... Guy.. Doha is so beautiful sha.. Nigeria is such a complete mess sha.. .. we walked from where we came down from airport to where we'll wait to board the next plane. ..

It was a long walk sha... I jokingly told my cousin that this was our long walk to freedom grin grin grin.. There we waited at the airport till it was time to board..

I was in a tight position throughout.. I couldn't even manage myself ... Then they served us food which was a little bit better sha... I rewatched Harry Potter again sha but I didn't finish it because of sleep sha..

I had to find time to write this sha.. I've just been sleeping and watching Netflix.... I've never seen this kain enjoyment before grin cheesy..

Going through your diaries, I can say it is "supposed" to be an interesting read but your constant use of the word "sha" makes it really irritating to read so I'd pass

Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by chumbuck12: 3:59pm On Jul 07, 2022
KristaPretty:

Going through your diaries, I can say it is "supposed" to be an interesting read but your constant use of the word "sha" makes it really irritating to read so I'd pass

Cheers

Ohh... Its my "Omo " term

Besides I'm not a fan of writing ... I just did it because I loved to read a lot of travel experiences and I want to share mine also

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by usibengate(m): 4:26pm On Jul 07, 2022
Nice
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by KristaPretty(f): 4:47pm On Jul 07, 2022
chumbuck12:

Ohh... Its my "Omo " term

Besides I'm not a fan of writing ... I just did it because I loved to read a lot of travel experiences and I want to share mine also

You might be the only one reading it after writing because no one is enjoying it with your numerous shas which is becoming irritating

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by chumbuck12: 5:10pm On Jul 07, 2022
KristaPretty:

You might be the only one reading it after writing because no one is enjoying it with your numerous shas which is becoming irritating

Well, I've removed it...

Sha grin

Since U notified me, I'd make efforts to reduce it...

Thanks
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by KristaPretty(f): 6:26pm On Jul 07, 2022
chumbuck12:

Well, I've removed it...

Sha grin

Since U notified me, I'd make efforts to reduce it...

Thanks

It's important, so people can find it interesting to read and always visit. Except only you want be the writer and the reader shaaaaaa grin

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 10:45am On Jul 08, 2022
Welcome to Australia, and best wishes. Try to connect with other Nigerians in Sydney. It's helpful to stay connected.

chumbuck12:
Landing Gist grin grin

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by olawumi171(f): 8:40pm On Jul 08, 2022
Gudevening Nairalander,av been applying for Australia work visa but unfortunately l got no reply from the companies l sent documents, so my uncle who is an agent asked for my passport to send to dei embassy for a non appearance, pls it possible to shield out a good news.Thanks
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Babatundeh26: 9:42pm On Jul 08, 2022
Thanks, i just did. The school is a bit expensive
JapaProf:

seek(dot)com(dot)au

No @bolded

Study visa.

Apply for a student visa.

Check University of Tasmania's accelerated nursing program.

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (131) (Reply)

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.