Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,905 members, 7,814,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

Nigeria Civil War, Who Is To Blame!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Civil War, Who Is To Blame!!! (2331 Views)

Yakubu Gowon: Why I Detained Soyinka During The Civil War / Beware Of Another Civil War – Ohanaeze Ndigbo Warns Nigerians / Biafra: Remove Itsekiri Land From Map To Avoid Civil War – Itsekiri Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Civil War, Who Is To Blame!!! by emmydadave: 11:23pm On Oct 10, 2017
Good day everyone its emmydadave on the beat or rather its emmydadave behind the keyboard(winks)...

Well, our topic of discussion is the Nigeria civil war, locally known as the Biafran war. Reading history, i learnt that after the indepence in 1960, barely 6yrs later preciely in 1966, the first military coup took place whch ws spearheaded by kaduna Nzeogu as the leader of the coup. The coupist had the then saudana tafawa balewa and ahmodu bello killed, and many top officials and in their announcement on the radia it ws claimed that the coup was carried out to eradicate corruption that was trying to infest the nation. The coup ws squashed by general Aguiyi ironsi an igbo man from south east., and the pepetrators of the coup were jailed. In a time not upto a year, another coup brokeout again in the country whch had general aguiyi ironsi killed and power was handed over to major general Yakubu Gowon a northerner. And it seems like with a Northerner in power the rest of the north were not satisfied with what has happened and most of them were clamouring for revenge on the south easterners for the death of their saudana.

Now our argument is gonna be based on these following points.
1. The first coupist claimed they carried out the coup as patriot of the country to clear Nigeria of currupt officers, althought there is no proof that tafawa balewa and others are corrupt, and i cant say Kaduna Nzeogu is a tribalist cus he practically grew up in the north, and i learnt that an alhaji in the North gave him recommendation b4 he was accepted in to the army. Now with these, can we not say that Kaduna was a patriot, though am not supporting the killings, but do we not think that the logic behind the killing of saudana and ahmodu bello is that those men are the most powerful in the country and without them going down, the coup and the reason behind carrying out the coup will be for nothing? Sometimes in order to achieve a result, the hard decision had to be mad and with proof of the current rate of curruption that as gone deep into the blood of an average Nigerian, what if this is what Nzeogu was trying to stop?

2.After the 2nd coup that had Gowon into power, there ws the popular word "wetty" whch means to soak in fuel and burn, and this excercise had southeasten propertise in the northern part of Nigeria worth millions of Naira go up in flames, and not just propertise but lives were lost. Now while these excersice was going on, gowon had the power to quench this thirst for revenge on innocent southeasten civilians but history did not mention that he took any action. Calling for a state of emergency, in the affected part ws a necessity but it was not done, protecting those innocent civilians was his duty to Nigeria but he didnt do it. He allowed the life of hundreds of thousands to be wasted. what if he had taken an action, what if he had done something the curb the darkness that ws about overtaking the country then, don't u think the civil war might have been averted?

3. Southeasterners sensing that they were no longer safe in the North had to find a way their way back to southeast, a place they are sure of being safe, a place they know they will be protected for babarism that ws going on in other region of nigeria ( southwest and north against south east). Now back home, southeasterners felt like the one Nigeria that zik worked for can not favour them amidst the hate that other regions have for them due to the first coup beckoned Late Dim chukwuemeka Ojukwu the then governor general of the then southeast that since the federal govt can not protect them anymore, that they should form a seperate government for them, and that they wanna hv a government of their own. These was created tension in the country that led to the meeting at Aburi popularly known as aburi accord. And in the meeting, some conclusion and agreement was agreed upon after some days meeting. Back at home, ojukwu sensed that Gowon was not ready to act on the agreement they had at aburi, and sensing that the war can not be averted, he went further to announce the creation of Biafra state whch led to the breakout of the civil war in Nigeria. Now, those agreement that ws to be implemented, had gowon impemented it would there hav been war in the country? Was ojukwu too hasty in declaring the Republic of Biafra? Or was their selfish Ego the centre point of the war that cost the life of millions of Nigerians.

4. Until recently i hav not learnt of power being no where than with the presidents. But now i know that they are some powerful Nigerians lurking in the dark that no one knows of. Now these powerful Nigerians they could hv been the ones to offset the balance in order to create another balance that will suit them more, and maybe the pepetrators of the coup are just puppets in their hands, maybe Gowon or ojukwu is not to be blamed.

So lets discuss.

Ps... Forgive my loopholed history on the civil war. Its not my fault, no one taught me in skul. And also forgive my errors if there is any.
Re: Nigeria Civil War, Who Is To Blame!!! by slivertongue: 11:25pm On Oct 10, 2017
everybody...
Re: Nigeria Civil War, Who Is To Blame!!! by Josephjnr(m): 11:27pm On Oct 10, 2017
I no get time for all this talk.
Re: Nigeria Civil War, Who Is To Blame!!! by Guestlander: 11:29pm On Oct 10, 2017
"Wetie" or wetty as you called it had absolutely nothing to do with Igbo. Stop making up stories.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Civil War, Who Is To Blame!!! by tsdarkside(m): 11:30pm On Oct 10, 2017
be careful dwelling in the past...you could end up even opening up more wounds....
Re: Nigeria Civil War, Who Is To Blame!!! by fk001(m): 11:45pm On Oct 10, 2017
By gone is by gone,

No Victor no vanquish
Re: Nigeria Civil War, Who Is To Blame!!! by tsdarkside(m): 11:57pm On Oct 10, 2017
fk001:
By gone is by gone,

No Victor no vanquish

tell him ooooo....
Re: Nigeria Civil War, Who Is To Blame!!! by Isokowadoo: 12:11am On Oct 11, 2017
All d thieves shouting bygone by bygone ,may tunder fire u

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Civil War, Who Is To Blame!!! by Positivepoint(m): 12:17am On Oct 11, 2017
U lost the argument when u try painting nzegwo as a patriot. U people will not give up trying to r' ewrite history.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Civil War, Who Is To Blame!!! by emmydadave: 12:24am On Oct 11, 2017
Guestlander:
"Wetie" or wetty as you called it had absolutely nothing to do with Igbo. Stop making up stories.

But it was the southeasterners life that was taken and their property destroyed.
And i'd advice u read up the civil war history from both side...
Re: Nigeria Civil War, Who Is To Blame!!! by emmydadave: 12:27am On Oct 11, 2017
fk001:
By gone is by gone,

No Victor no vanquish

Yea, but the 3R's that was proposed was not carried out. And still the southeasterner region is being treated as a conqured region. Imagine FG saying that they do not hav money to build rails in south east yet. How much will it cost them?
Re: Nigeria Civil War, Who Is To Blame!!! by ipoblogic: 3:33am On Oct 11, 2017
fk001:
By gone is by gone,

No Victor no vanquish

I no blame you.

The killings have continued to this day.
We have no Federal. Presence.
Onitsha sea port is not yet restored.

We are labeled 5%/by our own President.

While our president is.negotiating with Book Haram and freeing the arrested commanders unarmed Biafrans were mowed.down by Nigerian army.

The me about no victor no vanquished.
Re: Nigeria Civil War, Who Is To Blame!!! by ojlifa: 3:37am On Oct 11, 2017
You just gave the propaganda version.let me help you better.the igbo thought they were wise.in 1956 they attempt to push for indepence with the sole purpose of getting power to the south,the north got wind of it and then decided they were not coming on board,northern leaders were stoned by southerners after that meeting,the northern leaders immediately made this plan known to the british.after alot of horse trading it was agreed that the political system Nigeria would use would give power to all regions based on this agreement all regions agreed to push on for independence.the presidency was then handed over to Nnamdi an igbo man,while prime minister was the saudwna ,each region was given its primer but based on that system saduna was like the NNPC GMD while nnamdi was like the minister of state for petroleum.although he was his boss he had no power all the powers was with the saudana so,he and his igbo brothers began to plot how the igbo would take over power,it must be noted that this plan was backed by ojukwu senior.they new they couldnt win in an election due to the larger population in the north so they decided that the most senior officer in the military was an igbo man and thus if a coup was to occur he would take over power.the rumors of an igbo coup began in 1964 but the saduna refuse to believe it.if he had the coup would never had taken place,in 1965 he was warned again and this time he decided that he was going to retire irosi so the issue of coup could be put to rest.shortly when word began to spread of the prime minister decision the coup took place,killing all northern leaders and southern leaders who where loyal to the saduna,the igbo of cause who planned the coup ask nnamdi to leave the country during that period even though they told all the soilders it was design to clear corruption.the yoruba been wise people after hearing nnamdi had left the country,immedately ran to awolowo and ask him to leave the country or he would be killed.kaduna was enlisted by the sudana himself and that was why he could get close enough to kill him,although it is believed that kaduna did not know he was a puppet in a well planned game.as for the lies been told that irosi countered the coup that is a lie.they were sworn testimony that irosi new about the coup before it happened,just recently major general david ejor just came out to confirm that indeed irosi was the brain behind the coup.the issue of the civil war was about greed.1million people lost there life due to the greed of some men inculding ojukwu senior .so do better research and learn the truth not the propaganda sold to the ignorant

emmydadave:
Good day everyone its emmydadave on the beat or rather its emmydadave behind the keyboard(winks)...

Well, our topic of discussion is the Nigeria civil war, locally known as the Biafran war. Reading history, i learnt that after the indepence in 1960, barely 6yrs later preciely in 1966, the first military coup took place whch ws spearheaded by kaduna Nzeogu as the leader of the coup. The coupist had the then saudana tafawa balewa and ahmodu bello killed, and many top officials and in their announcement on the radia it ws claimed that the coup was carried out to eradicate corruption that was trying to infest the nation. The coup ws squashed by general Aguiyi ironsi an igbo man from south east., and the pepetrators of the coup were jailed. In a time not upto a year, another coup brokeout again in the country whch had general aguiyi ironsi killed and power was handed over to major general Yakubu Gowon a northerner. And it seems like with a Northerner in power the rest of the north were not satisfied with what has happened and most of them were clamouring for revenge on the south easterners for the death of their saudana.

Now our argument is gonna be based on these following points.
1. The first coupist claimed they carried out the coup as patriot of the country to clear Nigeria of currupt officers, althought there is no proof that tafawa balewa and others are corrupt, and i cant say Kaduna Nzeogu is a tribalist cus he practically grew up in the north, and i learnt that an alhaji in the North gave him recommendation b4 he was accepted in to the army. Now with these, can we not say that Kaduna was a patriot, though am not supporting the killings, but do we not think that the logic behind the killing of saudana and ahmodu bello is that those men are the most powerful in the country and without them going down, the coup and the reason behind carrying out the coup will be for nothing? Sometimes in order to achieve a result, the hard decision had to be mad and with proof of the current rate of curruption that as gone deep into the blood of an average Nigerian, what if this is what Nzeogu was trying to stop?

2.After the 2nd coup that had Gowon into power, there ws the popular word "wetty" whch means to soak in fuel and burn, and this excercise had southeasten propertise in the northern part of Nigeria worth millions of Naira go up in flames, and not just propertise but lives were lost. Now while these excersice was going on, gowon had the power to quench this thirst for revenge on innocent southeasten civilians but history did not mention that he took any action. Calling for a state of emergency, in the affected part ws a necessity but it was not done, protecting those innocent civilians was his duty to Nigeria but he didnt do it. He allowed the life of hundreds of thousands to be wasted. what if he had taken an action, what if he had done something the curb the darkness that ws about overtaking the country then, don't u think the civil war might have been averted?

3. Southeasterners sensing that they were no longer safe in the North had to find a way their way back to southeast, a place they are sure of being safe, a place they know they will be protected for babarism that ws going on in other region of nigeria ( southwest and north against south east). Now back home, southeasterners felt like the one Nigeria that zik worked for can not favour them amidst the hate that other regions have for them due to the first coup beckoned Late Dim chukwuemeka Ojukwu the then governor general of the then southeast that since the federal govt can not protect them anymore, that they should form a seperate government for them, and that they wanna hv a government of their own. These was created tension in the country that led to the meeting at Aburi popularly known as aburi accord. And in the meeting, some conclusion and agreement was agreed upon after some days meeting. Back at home, ojukwu sensed that Gowon was not ready to act on the agreement they had at aburi, and sensing that the war can not be averted, he went further to announce the creation of Biafra state whch led to the breakout of the civil war in Nigeria. Now, those agreement that ws to be implemented, had gowon impemented it would there hav been war in the country? Was ojukwu too hasty in declaring the Republic of Biafra? Or was their selfish Ego the centre point of the war that cost the life of millions of Nigerians.

4. Until recently i hav not learnt of power being no where than with the presidents. But now i know that they are some powerful Nigerians lurking in the dark that no one knows of. Now these powerful Nigerians they could hv been the ones to offset the balance in order to create another balance that will suit them more, and maybe the pepetrators of the coup are just puppets in their hands, maybe Gowon or ojukwu is not to be blamed.

So lets discuss.

Ps... Forgive my loopholed history on the civil war. Its not my fault, no one taught me in skul. And also forgive my errors if there is any.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Civil War, Who Is To Blame!!! by raumdeuter: 3:59am On Oct 11, 2017
When you have a coup led by Ibo soldiers

Prime minister non Ibo killed, President Ibo spared

4 premiers. 2 non Ibos killed, 2 Ibos spared

Of all the Ibo ministers in govt non killed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Civil War, Who Is To Blame!!! by emmydadave: 1:07pm On Oct 11, 2017
ojlifa:
You just gave the propaganda version.let me help you better.the igbo thought they were wise.in 1956 they attempt to push for indepence with the sole purpose of getting power to the south,the north got wind of it and then decided they were not coming on board,northern leaders were stoned by southerners after that meeting,the northern leaders immediately made this plan known to the british.after alot of horse trading it was agreed that the political system Nigeria would use would give power to all regions based on this agreement all regions agreed to push on for independence.the presidency was then handed over to Nnamdi an igbo man,while prime minister was the saudwna ,each region was given its primer but based on that system saduna was like the NNPC GMD while nnamdi was like the minister of state for petroleum.although he was his boss he had no power all the powers was with the saudana so,he and his igbo brothers began to plot how the igbo would take over power,it must be noted that this plan was backed by ojukwu senior.they new they couldnt win in an election due to the larger population in the north so they decided that the most senior officer in the military was an igbo man and thus if a coup was to occur he would take over power.the rumors of an igbo coup began in 1964 but the saduna refuse to believe it.if he had the coup would never had taken place,in 1965 he was warned again and this time he decided that he was going to retire irosi so the issue of coup could be put to rest.shortly when word began to spread of the prime minister decision the coup took place,killing all northern leaders and southern leaders who where loyal to the saduna,the igbo of cause who planned the coup ask nnamdi to leave the country during that period even though they told all the soilders it was design to clear corruption.the yoruba been wise people after hearing nnamdi had left the country,immedately ran to awolowo and ask him to leave the country or he would be killed.kaduna was enlisted by the sudana himself and that was why he could get close enough to kill him,although it is believed that kaduna did not know he was a puppet in a well planned game.as for the lies been told that irosi countered the coup that is a lie.they were sworn testimony that irosi new about the coup before it happened,just recently major general david ejor just came out to confirm that indeed irosi was the brain behind the coup.the issue of the civil war was about greed.1million people lost there life due to the greed of some men inculding ojukwu senior .so do better research and learn the truth not the propaganda sold to the ignorant

Re: Nigeria Civil War, Who Is To Blame!!! by emmydadave: 1:08pm On Oct 11, 2017
ojlifa:

Pls help me with reference, lemme look it up. Am a lover of history.
Re: Nigeria Civil War, Who Is To Blame!!! by ojlifa: 1:58pm On Oct 11, 2017
I do not have time to do all the research all over again but you can read some on this site.also go to the.nigerian national achieve,equally check nigerian army achieve.it was almost three years work plus account of officers who served in the army at the time and took part in events.

https://www.google.gy/amp/s/maxsiollun./2009/04/17/igbo-soldiers-plotted-coup-from-independence-day-ejoor/amp/

emmydadave:

Pls help me with reference, lemme look it up. Am a lover of history.
Re: Nigeria Civil War, Who Is To Blame!!! by bakynes(m): 2:46pm On Oct 11, 2017
ojlifa:
I do not have time to do all the research all over again but you can read some on this site.also go to the.nigerian national achieve,equally check nigerian army achieve.it was almost three years work plus account of officers eho served in the army at the time and took part in events.

https://www.google.gy/amp/s/maxsiollun./2009/04/17/igbo-soldiers-plotted-coup-from-independence-day-ejoor/amp/

Your story isn't exactly right. The Sardauna is Ahmadu Bello the Premier of Northern region, in your text you were referring to Tafawa Balewa the Prime Minister as Sardauna.

Yorubas never warned Awolowo to leave the country because he was in prison so he wasn't even marked for death.

But you are right the greed of Igbo leaders both Military and Politicial leaders then is what Igbos Now are paying for Politically today in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Civil War, Who Is To Blame!!! by gidgiddy: 2:50pm On Oct 11, 2017
Almost every country in West Africa went through military coups in the 60' and 70's, however, almost none of them went through a civil war because of coup.

The war was not as a result of Nzeogwu's coup, at least not directly.

The North assumed that Nzeogwu's coup was a plot by the Igbos to take over Nigeria and staged a counter coup 6 months later. But the aim of the Nothern coup was for revenge against Igbo and to secede from Nigeria. They had already arranged Aircrafts to fly the military officers and their family to Kaduna where they would declare the North a separate country.

What changed their minds was when the North were told by the British that they would not be viable without the South especially with the huge deposits of Oil and gas in what was then Eastern Nigeria.

That is when they changed tune from "Araba" (separate) to "One Nigeria"

The direct cause of the war was the North not willing to comply with the Aburi agreement.

To make matters worse, Gowon acted the Northern script by dissolving the 4 Regions and creating 12 states and this forced Ojukwu to declare Biafra.

The North was not about to let that Oil money go and they went to war for it, supported by Britain and Russia.

Oil is the bases of Nigerias unity, it is the only reason a Northerner will say "one Nigeria"

Had this Oil been domiciled in the North, there would have never have been any war and there would be no Nigeria today

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Civil War, Who Is To Blame!!! by ojlifa: 2:51pm On Oct 11, 2017
Sorry about some.mistakes ,I am typing from my phone and trying to get out as much as possible.it was akintola that was warned,he was the premer of the western region I believe

bakynes:

Your story isn't exactly right. The Sardauna is Ahmadu Bello the Premier of Northern region, in your text you were referring to Tafawa Balewa the Prime Minister as Sardauna.

Yorubas never warned Awolowo to leave the country because he was in prison so he wasn't even marked for death.

But you are right the greed of Igbo leaders both Military and Politicial leaders then is what Igbos Now are paying for Politically today in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Civil War, Who Is To Blame!!! by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 11, 2017
raumdeuter:
When you have a coup led by Ibo soldiers

Prime minister non Ibo killed, President Ibo spared

4 premiers. 2 non Ibos killed, 2 Ibos spared

Of all the Ibo ministers in govt non killed
I blame igbo for the war
Re: Nigeria Civil War, Who Is To Blame!!! by ojlifa: 3:07pm On Oct 11, 2017
Igbos havent changed much since then,I would think when you wrong somebody.you would say I am sorry.igbo people have kept on denying the evils they have done while they try to paint other bad.reality check till date the igbo are yet to understand that insulting people can never make them your friends.and if you must lead then you must make friends not enemies.not much has changed.let me ask you openly name one igbo candidate that can be accept by the hole Nigeria?reality is reality greed makes a good business man but a bad politician.get it igbo are very very bad polticains .all you have written is an attempt to deny the evil done.the civil war is directly as a result of the coup plotted by nnamdi,ojukwu senior and irosi .end of story.and if you think the like of nnamdi again only this time kanu can make people like igbos, then you have to have something wrong with you.you cant insult people and expect them to vote for you.unfortunately if they do not vote for you,you can not be president but you can try the route of civil war again.usually the igbo would use the propaganda northerners like born to rule rather than tell themself we need to change our ways.well that again is another lie,obj lost in his local government but the hole north voted him in.aboila enjoyed massive vote in the north even beating a northern candidate.gej who is making noise now won in 2011 with the help of the north,he however lost in 2015 when his wife allowed him to be consumed by igbo propaganda and hate.imagine contesting in an election and your wife was going round insulting northern leaders and people alike and somehow you expected them to vote for you because you were throwing money around.money is only god in the east not every where else.so my friend until the igbo stop there hate and propaganda and tell themself the truth.I do not see any northerner voting for them

gidgiddy:
Almost every country in West Africa went through military coups in the 60' and 70's, however, almost none of them went through a civil war because of coup.

The war was not as a result of Nzeogwu's coup, at least not directly.

The North assumed that Nzeogwu's coup was a plot by the Igbos to take over Nigeria and staged a counter coup 6 months later. But the aim of the Nothern coup was for revenge against Igbo and to secede from Nigeria. They had already arranged Aircrafts to fly the military officers and their family to Kaduna where they would declare the North a separate country.

What changed their minds was when the North were told by the British that they would not be viable without the South especially with the huge deposits of Oil and gas in what was then Eastern Nigeria.

That is when they changed tune from "Araba" (separate) to "One Nigeria"

The direct cause of the war was the North not willing to comply with the Aburi agreement.

To make matters worse, Gowon acted the Northern script by dissolving the 4 Regions and creating 12 states and this forced Ojukwu to declare Biafra.

The North was not about to let that Oil money go and they went to war for it, supported by Britain and Russia.

Oil is the bases of Nigerias unity, it is the only reason a Northerner will say "one Nigeria"

Had this Oil been domiciled in the North, there would have never have been any war and there would be no Nigeria today
Re: Nigeria Civil War, Who Is To Blame!!! by bakynes(m): 3:14pm On Oct 11, 2017
Even the bible said it that, the sins of the father will be meted on the Sons meaning the greed of those Igbo leader who believe the Igbo tribe is a superior tribe (as Nnamdi Azikiwe boasted while giving a speech to his kins men) and must be the one to rule over others is what led to what the Igbos are suffering politically in Nigeria today.

The question is why did the Igbo majority coup plotters not kill a single Igbo leader either military or civilian? Since they said they wanted to reed the country of corrupt politicians, does it mean only other tribe leaders were corrupt and deserved to die?

The lay siege in the West and North but not a single gun shot in the East.

According to military law all over the world, coup plotters must be court martialled, why did Gen Ironsi not Court martial the coup plotters? but kept them in Eastern prisons.

These and many more is the questions begging to be answered but no single Igbo person has been able to give an answer to these questions.

I am not excusing the Barbaric act of the Northerners for the ethnic cleansing they did on the Igbos but Igbos of today should understand the Civil War all started with greed and quest for power of their past leaders.

The North should forgive the Igbos, the Igbos should forgive the North and let bigon by bigons.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Civil War, Who Is To Blame!!! by gidgiddy: 3:42pm On Oct 11, 2017
ojlifa:
Igbos havent changed much since then,I would think when you wrong somebody.you would say I am sorry.igbo people have kept on denying the evils they have done while they try to paint other bad.reality check till date the igbo are yet to understand that insulting people can never make them your friends.and if you must lead then you must make friends not enemies.not much has changed.let me ask you openly name one igbo candidate that can be accept by the hole Nigeria?reality is reality greed makes a good business man but a bad politician.get it igbo are very very bad polticains .all you have written is an attempt to deny the evil done.the civil war is directly as a result of the coup plotted by nnamdi,ojukwu senior and irosi .end of story.and if you think the like of nnamdi again only this time kanu can make people like igbos, then you have to have something wrong with you.you cant insult people and expect them to vote for you.unfortunately if they do not vote for you,you can not be president but you can try the route of civil war again.usually the igbo would use the propaganda northerners like born to rule rather than tell themself we need to change our ways.well that again is another lie,obj lost in his local government but the hole north voted him in.aboila enjoyed massive vote in the north even beating a northern candidate.gej who is making noise now won in 2011 with the help of the north,he however lost in 2015 when his wife allowed him to be consumed by igbo propaganda and hate.imagine contesting in an election and your wife was going round insulting northern leaders and people alike and somehow you expected them to vote for you because you were throwing money around.money is only god in the east not every where else.so my friend until the igbo stop there hate and propaganda and tell themself the truth.I do not see any northerner voting for them

What you dont seem to understand is that the majority of Igbos dont want Nigeria, they fought a war not to be in Nigeria. Igbos owe Nigeria no apology, it was not by their own making that they found themselves in Nigeria and any time Igbos have made moves to leave Nigeria, it is Nigeria that uses military force to keep them in Nigeria

It is for Nigeria to ask themselves why they cant do without Igbos.
Re: Nigeria Civil War, Who Is To Blame!!! by raumdeuter: 4:13pm On Oct 11, 2017
gidgiddy:

What you dont seem to understand is that the majority of Igbos dont want Nigeria, they fought a war not to be in Nigeria. Igbos owe Nigeria no apology, it was not by their own making that they found themselves in Nigeria and any time Igbos have made moves to leave Nigeria, it is Nigeria that uses military force to keep them in Nigeria

Ibos wanted Nigeria when it favoured them, Azikwe voted to leave out a secession clause in the constitution, Ironsi created the unification decree. It was when other groups beat them at their game that they stopped wanting Nigeria.

As recent as under Jonathan, they wanted Nigeria. Jonathan lost they don't want Nigeria anymore. Like I toddler.

You helped create Nigeria the way it is

To know who cant do without the other, Check which group dont stay in their region. Go to any garage in Ibo land and see where the destination

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Civil War, Who Is To Blame!!! by gidgiddy: 5:22pm On Oct 11, 2017
raumdeuter:

Ibos wanted Nigeria when it favoured them, Azikwe voted to leave out a secession clause in the constitution, Ironsi created the unification decree. It was when other groups beat them at their game that they stopped wanting Nigeria.

As recent as under Jonathan, they wanted Nigeria. Jonathan lost they don't want Nigeria anymore. Like I toddler.

You helped create Nigeria the way it is

To know who cant do without the other, Check which group dont stay in their region. Go to any garage in Ibo land and see where the destination

Igbos are in Ghana, it does nit mean they are interested in "one Ghana"

Igbos are in Gabon, it does not mean that they are interested in "one Gabon"

So why do you think Igbos are interested in "one Nigeria" because they are in other parts of Nigeria?

They fact that Igbos are everywhere doen not take away their right to have their own independent country.

Maybe Zik helped to remove the secession clause from Nigeria, it dies not mean it cant be put back.

Nigerians should stop complaining about Igbos and grant them referendum so they can vote and go back home. Nigeria is an unworkable chaos

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Civil War, Who Is To Blame!!! by ojlifa: 5:23pm On Oct 11, 2017
In your mind you are so sure of what you are saying but you do not know that you have no idea what you are saying.I would help you.in 1954 the igbo practically forced the north to make nigeria.in fact when the north refused the south got angry and where stoning northern leaders.now let us go modern day.no other tribe profits more from the Nigerian project like the igbos.all the market for igbo good are in NIGERIA.no igbo man made his money in igbo land all there money is made outside.because the market is outside and the funny part is why every tribe opens up for the igbo,the igbo do not allow any tribe prosper in there land.bear in mind the market in lagos igbo would loss it,the one is abuja they would loss it, the one in kaduna they would loss it, the one in kano they would loss it.I personally would like the igbos to get there baifra republic,so Nigeria can develop because since 1960 igbo have been sabotaging nigerian development.

gidgiddy:

Re: Nigeria Civil War, Who Is To Blame!!! by raumdeuter: 5:26pm On Oct 11, 2017
gidgiddy:
Igbos are in Ghana, it does nit mean they are interested in "one Ghana"

Igbos are in Gabon, it does not mean that they are interested in "one Gabon"

So why do you think Igbos are interested in "one Nigeria" because they are in other parts of Nigeria?

They fact that Igbos are everywhere doen not take away their right to have their own independent country.

Maybe Zik helped to remove the secession clause from Nigeria, it dies not mean it cant be put back.

Nigerians should stop complaining about Igbos and grant them referendum so they can vote and go back home. Nigeria is an unworkable chaos

Actually the motive of your founding fathers Azikwe and Ironsi to make them want one Nigeria is so that Ibos can go to other regions and take jobs since their region cannot support them
You cannot make rules to want One Nigeria when it favours you and suddenly say you dont want it again.
Under Jonathan less than 3yrs ago, Nnamdi Kanu was campaigning for One Nigeria and against those who want to split the country? What changed since then?
You think everyone has to dance to your whims and caprices? You better siddon well and enjoy the one Nigeria you helped create

Otherwise if you really want your country, pull out all your people from all over Nigeria including your senators and reps and return home

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Civil War, Who Is To Blame!!! by dometome: 6:04pm On Oct 11, 2017
Fvck Nizooria

Biafra anytime any day.
Re: Nigeria Civil War, Who Is To Blame!!! by gidgiddy: 6:14pm On Oct 11, 2017
raumdeuter:

Actually the motive of your founding fathers Azikwe and Ironsi to make them want one Nigeria is so that Ibos can go to other regions and take jobs since their region cannot support them
You cannot make rules to want One Nigeria when it favours you and suddenly say you dont want it again.
Under Jonathan less than 3yrs ago, Nnamdi Kanu was campaigning for One Nigeria and against those who want to split the country? What changed since then?
You think everyone has to dance to your whims and caprices? You better siddon well and enjoy the one Nigeria you helped create

Otherwise if you really want your country, pull out all your people from all over Nigeria including your senators and reps and return home

There are no founding fathers in Nigeria. The British founded and created Nigeria. I also do not know any time the Igbo nation was in support of of a united Nigeria, Zik is just one man. In anu union, if one party feels that they are not hapoy with the union, they can walk out.

Even if all Igbos were to return home, it is not what will bring Biafra.

Catalans and Scottish people did not have to return home to get referendum.

Igbos should be given referendum

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Civil War, Who Is To Blame!!! by gidgiddy: 6:20pm On Oct 11, 2017
ojlifa:
In your mind you are so sure of what you are saying but you do not know that you have no idea what you are saying.I would help you.in 1954 the igbo practically forced the north to make nigeria.in fact when the north refused the south got angry and where stoning northern leaders.now let us go modern day.no other tribe profits more from the Nigerian project like the igbos.all the market for igbo good are in NIGERIA.no igbo man made his money in igbo land all there money is made outside.because the market is outside and the funny part is why every tribe opens up for the igbo,the igbo do not allow any tribe prosper in there land.bear in mind the market in lagos igbo would loss it,the one is abuja they would loss it, the one in kaduna they would loss it, the one in kano they would loss it.I personally would like the igbos to get there baifra republic,so Nigeria can develop because since 1960 igbo have been sabotaging nigerian development.

All this historical narrative is no longer important. What important is this.

Scotland has been part of the UK for over 300 years, they got referendum in 2014

Catalonia has been part of Spain for over 500 years, they had referendum 10 days ago

Igbos have been part of Nigeria since 1914 when it was created, there is no reason why Nigeria cannot grant them a referendum.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hilarious Cartoon About Atiku's Return To PDP. / Price Of Rice: Reno Omokri Lied (see Nov 2014) / The NJC suspended Justice salami before jonathan sack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.