Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,727 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

Please What Can I Do With A Degree In English - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please What Can I Do With A Degree In English (676 Views)

Do I Need A Degree To Become An HMO Officer? / 5 Lucrative Careers You Can Excel In That Do Not Require A Degree / Security Guard With Master's Degree Gets N250K After Encounter With Man In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please What Can I Do With A Degree In English by Afeski(m): 12:42am On Oct 11, 2017
I'd Like To Get Helpful Info Regarding This Topic Please
Re: Please What Can I Do With A Degree In English by AntiWailer: 12:45am On Oct 11, 2017
Speak it.

1 Like

Re: Please What Can I Do With A Degree In English by paintworld(m): 12:50am On Oct 11, 2017
AntiWailer:
Speak it.
lol
Re: Please What Can I Do With A Degree In English by sinaj(f): 12:54am On Oct 11, 2017
AntiWailer:
Speak it.
grin

1 Like

Re: Please What Can I Do With A Degree In English by sinaj(f): 12:55am On Oct 11, 2017
I guess u didnt choose the course but was given by the school smiley
Re: Please What Can I Do With A Degree In English by Nobody: 2:16am On Oct 11, 2017
You can be my PA.
Re: Please What Can I Do With A Degree In English by chloride6: 11:37pm On Oct 11, 2017
You can get a higher degree with it grin

Other a serious note, what can't you do with a degree in English.

You could become a creative writer on various freelance platforms.

You could get a higher degree assuming you only have a first degree and be a Lecturer. The Nigerian population is very young, we are going to need a lot of lecturers sooner or later.

You could work in the media industry ( tv, radio and print media)

You could pick up one of the various graduate trainee jobs that specify no particular discipline e.g banking, Management trainee etc.

You could be a human resource personnel.

Three ICAN exams away , and you could be a professional accountant. This would allow you fit into PwC and the likes.

You like computers? Pick up one of the various certification available or learn to code. You can't go wrong with coding.

You could become a sales person, as you should have a fantastic command of the language.

You could pick up a CFA certification or take the brokers exam and find yourself in the floor of NSE.

Bottom line , there is little you can't do with an English degree.

Enjoy

3 Likes

Re: Please What Can I Do With A Degree In English by Nobody: 11:59pm On Oct 11, 2017
Chloride6, thanks for giving that advice to the author of this thread.

I was going to tell him that. grin

Put sales person for copywriter instead. cheesy

(1) (Reply)

After The N Power Verification Exercise, What Next? / Being Loyal To Your Boss Vs Eye Service. / IDEAS Education Expo Event 2018: Study, Work/live In Canada, USA And Australia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.