Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,359 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Is She Right Or This Is Equality Fight? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is She Right Or This Is Equality Fight? (2572 Views)

Do You Think She’s Right ? / She's Not Your Type And Guess What, She's Right! / Was She Right ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is She Right Or This Is Equality Fight? by makydebbie(f): 12:42pm On Oct 29, 2017
Blackhawk01:
"Sir"? shocked cheesy cheesy cheesy

Make she kuku knee join na undecided undecided

If I say "Ogbeni, booni?" No answer na cheesy tongue

Makydebbie! Hope you dey say "Goodmorning Sir" to Omo nna angry
When I'm not a mumu nii. tongue
Re: Is She Right Or This Is Equality Fight? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 29, 2017
You are overreacting and demanding too much respect from her, there is nothing wrong in the ways she greets you.

Even if you are her senior, you guys should be friends not partners.
Re: Is She Right Or This Is Equality Fight? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 30, 2017
lilmax:
dude you are commanding respect instead of earning it

trust me. when dealing with women use logic and drop your ego.....
tell am o.
Re: Is She Right Or This Is Equality Fight? by Nobody: 8:15am On Apr 26, 2019
LordKO:
@OP

You - not your girlfriend - need a profound mental change. You're a typical example of a small-minded person. Aside parochialism in particular and pride and conceit in general, I wonder what else would warrant someone to make it mandatory for his wife (another person irrespective of age, social class or gender) to always be the one to first greet him in the morning or initiate caring communications at all times. And to add salt to injury you expect her to be addressing you as sir - not out of her volition and for humour sake. SMH.

Obviously, what you and your family need are female slaves not wives. Apart from your girlfriend's abbreviation of her greeting words, which is bad since you personally don't fancy such and had told her about it, I see no other negative attitude she meted out against you.

Respect is reciprocal, and submissiveness shouldn't be mistaken for servility.

I didn't bother to read your chat with her. Once more, embrace a profound mental change not just a superficial face-lift.

God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: Is She Right Or This Is Equality Fight? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:35am On Apr 26, 2019
GlobalGisting:
So fellow Nairalanders, here I come again to seek for advice. So I've been managing my relationship with this girl. We been going out for three years now, I'd have married her if not for her insistence on graduating first. I made an initial post about her repulsive attitudes here in an initial post and so many Nairalanders suggested I watch her a little longer. We have been having hiccups here and there but like every other relationships we try to amend it.
Recently I took notice of something. She greets me like I'm just a friend or her classmate. "GM" "gud pm" "morning" "how u dey" "how far" etc. I tried correcting her by educating her that as a potential husband she ought to learn to greet me properly with "Good Morning" or Good Afternoon" or even with my local dialect greeting well spelt instead of "GM" Gud pm" morning" because apart from husband to be, we are not agemates either and in my tradition once a woman is married into a family, she must greet every adult male even though she is senior to most of them. If she finds it difficult to respect me how possible will be for her to respect my family?
After the correction she dropped a bombshell "How many times do you greet me first when u wake up in the morning? And I asked her "So your Dad wakes up and greets ur mom good morning ma first"?
Please Nairalanders is it pride on my part or she is just lacking home training?
Here is a little of our chats

[10/10, 11:38 AM] Boo: Please
You don't greet first except I greet you first
Totally wrong
[10/10, 11:39 AM] Boo: And if I greet you say I don't greet well
[10/10, 11:39 AM] Boo: I greeted you with .....gm..
[10/10, 11:40 AM] Boo: And imagine your response??��‍♀
[10/10, 11:40 AM] : I'm so ashamed of you for that statement
[10/10, 11:40 AM] Boo: Pride says so much of you
[10/10, 11:40 AM] : Does your Dad wake up to greet your mom?
[10/10, 11:41 AM] : Well I would nt be surprised
[10/10, 11:55 AM] : I wonder what you will become suppose u find ordinary 5hundred thousand naira in your account
[10/10, 11:55 AM] : God forbid your type
[10/10, 12:01 PM] Boo: So because you want to show me you are more aged than me?
I must always greet you first?
Have you even for once say it!!!
I have seen very young couples say a lil good morning to each other
You are so fuckn stupidly proud
Listen young man, you are acting paranoid from this chat. GM or Good morning makes no difference as long as she communicates to you. Damn!

And what's the talk of her parents? Show some RESPECT to her old folks man! And don't use some village practice on her!

I am all for a wife to be submissive to her hubby but not oppressed nor treated like a lesser being. If she leaves you for another guy now you will be complaining!

My position is premised on the conversation you shared.
Re: Is She Right Or This Is Equality Fight? by Nobody: 9:21am On Apr 26, 2019
OP belongs to the no submission, no marriage crew. SHM.
Re: Is She Right Or This Is Equality Fight? by Timekeeper: 10:09am On Apr 26, 2019
GlobalGisting:
So fellow Nairalanders, here I come again to seek for advice. So I've been managing my relationship with this girl. We been going out for three years now, I'd have married her if not for her insistence on graduating first. I made an initial post about her repulsive attitudes here in an initial post and so many Nairalanders suggested I watch her a little longer. We have been having hiccups here and there but like every other relationships we try to amend it.
Recently I took notice of something. She greets me like I'm just a friend or her classmate. "GM" "gud pm" "morning" "how u dey" "how far" etc. I tried correcting her by educating her that as a potential husband she ought to learn to greet me properly with "Good Morning" or Good Afternoon" or even with my local dialect greeting well spelt instead of "GM" Gud pm" morning" because apart from husband to be, we are not agemates either and in my tradition once a woman is married into a family, she must greet every adult male even though she is senior to most of them. If she finds it difficult to respect me how possible will be for her to respect my family?
After the correction she dropped a bombshell "How many times do you greet me first when u wake up in the morning? And I asked her "So your Dad wakes up and greets ur mom good morning ma first"?
Please Nairalanders is it pride on my part or she is just lacking home training?
Here is a little of our chats

[10/10, 11:38 AM] Boo: Please
You don't greet first except I greet you first
Totally wrong
[10/10, 11:39 AM] Boo: And if I greet you say I don't greet well
[10/10, 11:39 AM] Boo: I greeted you with .....gm..
[10/10, 11:40 AM] Boo: And imagine your response??��‍♀
[10/10, 11:40 AM] : I'm so ashamed of you for that statement
[10/10, 11:40 AM] Boo: Pride says so much of you
[10/10, 11:40 AM] : Does your Dad wake up to greet your mom?
[10/10, 11:41 AM] : Well I would nt be surprised
[10/10, 11:55 AM] : I wonder what you will become suppose u find ordinary 5hundred thousand naira in your account
[10/10, 11:55 AM] : God forbid your type
[10/10, 12:01 PM] Boo: So because you want to show me you are more aged than me?
I must always greet you first?
Have you even for once say it!!!
I have seen very young couples say a lil good morning to each other
You are so fuckn stupidly proud

You are, you were and you will be stupid for bringing her parents into it.. Ediat, u wan a lady to worship you Abi bcox u wana marry her.. Ewu
Re: Is She Right Or This Is Equality Fight? by Timekeeper: 10:11am On Apr 26, 2019
GlobalGisting:

I totally love your stance on advise. The truth is I greet her first sometimes. In fact I'm always the first to chat her up each morning. Yes we only do this on fone cos she is in school and we don't get to see often. I'd wake and send her chats like "Hello darling, how was ur night? And then she'd respond with "it was fine. Gm", I sometimes send GoodMorning Ms. Hope u slept well? And she responds yes I slept well. Gm. So I kinda asked her why she never spells her greetings completely and she starts insulting me.

I hope she just dump us sorry ass before u turn her to slave after marriage
Re: Is She Right Or This Is Equality Fight? by Timekeeper: 10:21am On Apr 26, 2019
GlobalGisting:

I am not sure bringing in her parents was insulting. I only gave her an example of what I mean. I'm not just a boyfriend but a potential hubby. I've given her my ring and she ought to understand that this is going beyond friendship. My Mom never demanded that my dad greets her first, and I only asked her what the routine is like in their home. To a large extent in Africa, a woman is seen as respectful when she greets her hubby. In did case though I'm not demanding, I only asked why she never spells her greetings completely and instead types like she is addressing her ordinary friend. In fact I wouldn't have noticed if she didn't greet at all. But such soulless way of greeting equals disrespect

Shut up jare.. Your matter dey vex me sef.. And u fit be Yoruba, just spoiling our image

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Can We Call This? / "Pre Wedding Pictures In Islam Is Haram" - Nigerian Muslim Man Says / Why Men CHEATS An Will Not Stop Cheating!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.