Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,681 members, 7,827,524 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

Was She Right ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Was She Right ? (482 Views)

Do You Think She’s Right ? / She's Not Your Type And Guess What, She's Right! / Is She Right Or This Is Equality Fight? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was She Right ? by Akalia(m): 8:31am On Jan 09, 2021
Hello fellow nairalanders, I trust everyone is hale and hearty. Please I need every opinion I can get on this incident that happened between a friend of mine and his wife that has since left him a bit fussy over his wife's decision.

So he (my friend) and his wife have being married a little over a year but his wife is yet to get the legal change of name thing done though. So the both of them went to make to make some documentations the other day and during documentation my friend's wife did not use her husband's (my friend's) surname, she however used her maiden surname, this got my friend a bit unsettled and he insisted that she use his surname but his wife's argument right there in public was that she has not done the legal change of name thing in the court, hence, the use of her former surname when she was a spinster. This however did not go down well with my friend as he saw her action as an embarrassment and somewhat denial. Now my question is was his wife right in doing that in the public space, was her decision justifiable?

Mature responses please. Thanks.
Re: Was She Right ? by onyiloxy(f): 10:38am On Jan 09, 2021
Akalia:
Hello fellow nairalanders, I trust everyone is hale and hearty. Please I need every opinion I can get on this incident that happened between a friend of mine and his wife that has since left him a bit fussy over his wife's decision.

So he (my friend) and his wife have being married a little over a year but his wife is yet to get the legal change of name thing done though. So the both of them went to make to make some documentations the other day and during documentation my friend's wife did not use her husband's (my friend's) surname, she however used her maiden surname, this got my friend a bit unsettled and he insisted that she use his surname but his wife's argument right there in public was that she has not done the legal change of name thing in the court, hence, the use of her former surname when she was a spinster. This however did not go down well with my friend as he saw her action as an embarrassment and somewhat denial. Now my question is was his wife right in doing that in the public space, was her decision justifiable?

Mature responses please. Thanks.

Arguing about it in public or private wasn't the right thing to do. However, since there is no proper documentation from the court, I think she can still use her maiden name especially if she has been using it for business and other things that will need a legal document to change that.

Changing it without the necessary legal document could affect her business and may make her seems like a fraud.

Personally, I don't think this should have been an issue between the couple. There is a need for communication and if the wife could explain why she still needs to keep her maiden name, the husband should be able to understand since the name will be changed soon.

My cent opinion

1 Like

Re: Was She Right ? by ABANGWABOI(m): 10:59am On Jan 09, 2021
#ILMOVON cry cry
#Attitude
#Bliv

Wahala for Man wey no dey incharge of his home..
Equality is a scam and a mirage... it is either a woman is the Boss in a marriage or a Man is..
Nothing concern me..

1 Like

Re: Was She Right ? by ABOVEDELAW: 11:17am On Jan 09, 2021
THE WOMAN IS FEELING INSECURE.
Re: Was She Right ? by Olakunleyakub(m): 11:21am On Jan 09, 2021
Islamicaly, using husband surname is not necessary in marriage...
Re: Was She Right ? by Akalia(m): 11:29am On Jan 09, 2021
ABOVEDELAW:
THE WOMAN IS FEELING INSECURE.
Insecure, can you shed more light on what you meant by that please?
Re: Was She Right ? by baralatie(m): 11:37am On Jan 09, 2021
are we complaining about the public outburst or the lack change of name by the wife?

besides what document are we talking about
Re: Was She Right ? by Akalia(m): 11:47am On Jan 09, 2021
baralatie:
are we complaining about the public outburst or the lack change of name by the wife?

besides what document are we talking about
Was she right by opting to use her maiden instead of her husband's surname?
Re: Was She Right ? by baralatie(m): 12:08pm On Jan 09, 2021
Akalia:
Was she right by opting to use her maiden instead of her husband's surname?
what is on their marriage certificate which is in her possession

(1) (Reply)

Hook Up Needed In Abuja. / 37 Years Old Guy Urgently Seek A Life Partner / Has Regina Askia And Ramsey Nouah Rekindled Decades-long Passion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.