Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,256 members, 7,811,715 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup (35990 Views)

Full List Of The 24 Countries That Qualified For 2023 AFCON / South Africans Happy Not To Have Qualified For Russia 2018 World Cup / List Of 8 Countries That Have Qualified For World Cup 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by DIG1: 11:10am On Oct 11, 2017
Panama should also be in d list
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by Afritop(m): 11:14am On Oct 11, 2017
Kingbet:
I wish they can fix 9ja group like this..

Nigeria.
Spain.
Germany.
Brazil
angry Murderer
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by Afritop(m): 11:14am On Oct 11, 2017
SIZE DOES NOT MATTER. ASK USA AND CHINA
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by ololadeking(m): 11:14am On Oct 11, 2017
Kingbet:

*Nigeria*.
Spain.
Germany.
Brazil
which country are you from sir
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by kjhova(m): 11:16am On Oct 11, 2017
BigBelleControl:
I'm happpy for Iceland and sad that Wales couldn't qualify.
Sanchez will be crying now, no UCL, no world cup him and he's not in the FIFA world best nomination.

Biafra and Catalonia are the next small nations that will qualify for the world cup.

Independent Biafra and Catalonia, if it ever happens, will have estimated populations of at least 28million and 9million respectively.

Those are not exactly small nations.
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 11, 2017
ololadeking:
which country are you from sir

Afritop:
angry Murderer

holluphemydavid:

bad belle

guywitzerogal:
u re a wicked human being re u sure u re a Nigerian

informsuda:

Bros u are just wicked. grin
Bros u are just wicked.

AM A BIAFRAN

1 Like

Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by Sanchez01: 11:18am On Oct 11, 2017
maclatunji:
Iceland's population is less than that of some suburbs in Lagos e.g. Ikorodu, Alimosho, Ojo.

Nigeria should have won the World Cup by now.
We've had our glory days but that does not mean that we are that horrible as a country when it comes to football. Interestingly, we share a similar fate as Argentina when it comes to team football. We have the qualities but playing together as a team often time seem like a Herculian task.

That said, the size of a nation does not determine whether they would win the World Cup or otherwise. Uruguay is the first country to win the World Cup in 1930, and they did so with a population of 75,000 people. Your defence might be 'well... the cup wasn't as structured as it is now' but the ready response to that is that there were far 'better' nations with a better population.

Going by your assertion, we might need to wait for China and India before we dream of winning the World Cup.
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by santopelele(m): 11:18am On Oct 11, 2017
you see, just 335,000 people formed a country, but here in Nigeria, when we talk about Biafra, some monkey pox abokis and yorrobastards will start to dey pala
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by spy24(m): 11:18am On Oct 11, 2017
Kingbet:

Nigeria.
Spain.
Germany.
Brazil
Brazil no go qualify
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by edgeP(m): 11:18am On Oct 11, 2017
Kingbet:
Bro everything is possible exept only in nigeria... Anything can happen
No it wont: argentina, brazil, spain, italy, russia, germany etc are all seeded teams and CANNOT be insame pot, they will be seeded into diff groups
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by Nobody: 11:20am On Oct 11, 2017
BigBelleControl:
I'm happpy for Iceland and sad that Wales couldn't qualify.
Sanchez will be crying now, no UCL, no world cup him and he's not in the FIFA world best nomination.

Biafra and Catalonia are the next small nations that will qualify for the world cup.

Biafra won't be small in any way, both by landmass n by population.
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by Nobody: 11:20am On Oct 11, 2017
edgeP:
No it wont: argentina, brazil, spain, italy, russia, germany etc are all seeded teams and CANNOT be insame pot, they will be seeded into diff groups
Lets wait bro
maclatunji:
Iceland's population is less than that of some suburbs in Lagos e.g. Ikorodu, Alimosho, Ojo.

Nigeria forms their world cup squad with Quota system.

That doesn't lead to glory.
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by prodiG(m): 11:21am On Oct 11, 2017
Kingbet:

Nigeria.

Spain.

Germany.

Brazil
Nigeria will be the whipping boys of the group cheesy
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by Nobody: 11:21am On Oct 11, 2017
spy24:
Brazil no go qualify
Lets bet
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by Twizzy30(m): 11:23am On Oct 11, 2017
Lol i got it now.. I thought u meant 'list of small countries that have qualified for the next wc'
Sanchez01:

List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by spy24(m): 11:24am On Oct 11, 2017
Kingbet:
Lets bet
I no dey bet
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by kjhova(m): 11:25am On Oct 11, 2017
Going by the laws of chance and probability, Super Eagles will most likely play Argentina again in Russia 2018 to make it the 5th time both nations will pair up at the FIFA World Cup.

The last 4 times we met, the scores were as below with the Argies shading us each time:

Nigeria vs Argentina 1:2 (USA 94)

Nigeria vs Argentina 0:1 (Japan/Korea 02)

Nigeria vs Argentina 0:1 (S/Africa 10)

Nigeria vs Argentina 2:3 (Brazil 14)

These were all tough games in which Argentina were always the favourites but given good fight by the Nigerian underdogs.

We could just be 5th time lucky in Russia. Bring it on FIFA...pair us with anybody!!
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by ahmg001(m): 11:27am On Oct 11, 2017
maclatunji:
Size does not matter as China, the country with the largest population in the world with over 1.3 billion people has not qualified for Russia 2018 while Iceland with only population of approximately 335,000 has qualified for the mundial with a 2-0 win over Kosovo.

See the list of the smallest countries (by population) that have qualified for the World in its history.

Country Estimated Population at time of World Cup Qualification
Iceland 335,000
Trinidad & Tobago 1,300,000
Northern Ireland 1,850,000
Slovenia 2,080,000
Jamaica 2,890,000
Wales 3,100,000

Congratulations to Iceland.

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/iceland-becomes-smallest-country-ever-qualify-world-cup/

. Wales did not qualify bro
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by Ugaboy: 11:27am On Oct 11, 2017
Jacktheripper:
So Biafra fit carry world cup before Nigeria.
Biafra is past tense of Nigeria
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by toyinjimoh(m): 11:29am On Oct 11, 2017
Kingbet:

Nigeria.

Spain.

Germany.

Brazil
Nigeria will qualify
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by Nobody: 11:29am On Oct 11, 2017
prodiG:
Nigeria will be the whipping boys of the group cheesy
comfam
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by ololadeking(m): 11:30am On Oct 11, 2017
Kingbet:

AM A BIAFRAN
just checked my map not even a street is named biafra in d world

3 Likes

Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by Nobody: 11:31am On Oct 11, 2017
toyinjimoh:
Nigeria will qualify
make i hear
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by Truman155(m): 11:31am On Oct 11, 2017
Kingbet:

Nigeria.

Spain.

Germany.

Brazil
just bet Nigeria to loose all their match and stake your life you will become a made man rich as anything
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by Legolast: 11:31am On Oct 11, 2017
maclatunji:

It is not by size/population, it is by HIS grace.
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by Nobody: 11:31am On Oct 11, 2017
ololadeking:
just checked my map not even a street is named biafra in d world
what map
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by ahamonyeka(m): 11:32am On Oct 11, 2017
Kingbet:

Nigeria.

Spain.

Germany.

Brazil
ehen na there we go know ekong troose strength as he dey claim say him hard like olumo rock.
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by Nobody: 11:32am On Oct 11, 2017
Truman155:
just bet Nigeria to loose all their match and stake your life you will become a made man rich as anything
camfam
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by calyto: 11:34am On Oct 11, 2017
You have answered yourself

Agbaletu:

Biafra can't be a small nation. A country with over 30 million people is not a small nation...maybe in landmass.
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 11, 2017
ahamonyeka:
ehen na there we go know ekong troose strength as he dey claim say him hard like olumo rock.
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by kponkedenge(m): 11:36am On Oct 11, 2017
maclatunji:

Impossible because of seeding. I will not be Surprised if we get Argentina or Spain though.

Argentina are in a tight corner.... They may not qualify.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Davido Shows His Football Skills As He Plays With Friends / Sergio Ramos Leaves Real Madrid After 16 Years / Moment A Prank Was Played On Super Eagles Players (pics/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.