Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,103 members, 7,811,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup (35982 Views)

Full List Of The 24 Countries That Qualified For 2023 AFCON / South Africans Happy Not To Have Qualified For Russia 2018 World Cup / List Of 8 Countries That Have Qualified For World Cup 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by ednited(f): 2:27pm On Oct 11, 2017
ACTUALLY , BIGGEST COUNTRIES THAT NEVER QUALIFIED WILL MAKE IT MORE INTERESTING

1. ETHIOPIA

2. etc. . .
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by EzeeYFB(m): 2:41pm On Oct 11, 2017
Kingbet:
u mention me and u support and wishing u d same
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by timilehin007(m): 2:44pm On Oct 11, 2017
Kingbet:
I wish they can fix 9ja group like this..

Nigeria.

Spain.

Germany.

Brazil

Mention me if you support cheesy

It's not possible. ..these teams are top seeded teams they can't all be in same group
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by brightalo17: 2:57pm On Oct 11, 2017
Florblu:
Crowd is one of the major factor causing ineffectiveness.

Yes that's why countries like Togo, malawi e.t.c are more effective than China, India Russia e.t.c. Smh.
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by chuksisaac: 3:08pm On Oct 11, 2017
braimeddy:
Will u keep quiet there. What do u know about football that u re talking thrash. The so called sanchez will be claiming as if he's the best player in any club he goes to yet he hasn't even make any name for himself. When he was in Barcelona, how many times has he played full 90mins? Player that always come in as 2nd substitute. It was even in arsenal that he was really known cos arsenal didn't really have world class players. Yet he can't help his team to qualify for UCL. Just shut ur mouth there if u have nothing to say
.....sanchez is world class...clear you sentiments so you can see through the blind ....and stop romancing your sentiments with you abstract thinking of him.....he did win copa america for his,country even with the presence of brazil and argentina........he's better than hazard
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by WowSweetGuy(m): 3:30pm On Oct 11, 2017
like nigeria will go far this,time...just try get an easier group but football sha,small teams go surprise u
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by Omoluabi16(m): 3:53pm On Oct 11, 2017
ednited:
ACTUALLY , BIGGEST COUNTRIES THAT NEVER QUALIFIED WILL MAKE IT MORE INTERESTING

1. ETHIOPIA

2. etc. . .
lol. the sad thing is.... Ethiopia will never qualify for a world cup. You should stick to long distance running grin
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by ednited(f): 4:35pm On Oct 11, 2017
Omoluabi16:
lol. the sad thing is.... Ethiopia will never qualify for a world cup. You should stick to long distance running grin

Kenya is taking long distance now. Soon, no one WILL remember ETHIOPIA.

I have a good idea. . .let's just take the money we spend for our football team and use it to save our country from the inflation we are suffering of. ETHIOPIA needn't have a football team!!!

hati13, what do you feel about the crazy news released yesterday
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by CoolAmbience(m): 4:51pm On Oct 11, 2017
maclatunji:
Iceland's population is less than that of some suburbs in Lagos e.g. Ikorodu, Alimosho, Ojo.

Nigeria should have won the World Cup by now.

You mean win the World Cup on account of our population? Then, we still have to wait for China, India and even USA to win first.
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by Icon79(m): 4:52pm On Oct 11, 2017
I don't know about being a small country but Biafra may be the first African country to win the World Cup.

Go write it down!

O pari

BigBelleControl:

Biafra and Catalonia are the next small nations that will qualify for the world cup.
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by Deejaygold(m): 5:19pm On Oct 11, 2017
Kingbet:

Nigeria.
Spain.
Germany.
Brazil

Ha kilode?
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 11, 2017
ednited:

I have a good idea. . .let's just take the money we spend for our football team and use it to save our country from the inflation we are suffering of. ETHIOPIA needn't have a football team!!!

I've mixed feelings about it (bad and good) lipsrsealed

Bad - inflation sad
Good - my family have some amounts of $ that will relatively converted by 27.4 Birr per $ compared to the previous 23.4 Birr per $. smiley

What about you?
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by ednited(f): 5:40pm On Oct 11, 2017
Hati13:

I've mixed feelings about it (bad and good) lipsrsealed

Bad - inflation sad
Good - my family have some amounts of $ that will relatively converted by 27.4 Birr per $ compared to the previous 23.4 Birr per $. smiley

What about you?

I just hate it
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by Nobody: 6:11pm On Oct 11, 2017
Kingbet:
Let my prayer comes through
you are wicked..hahaha
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by Omoluabi16(m): 6:39pm On Oct 11, 2017
ednited:

lol. what then is positive about Ethiopia, It can't be that bad.
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by fredie107(m): 6:46pm On Oct 11, 2017
Kingbet:

Nigeria.

Spain.

Germany.

Brazil

That means, we will win the world cup with clean sheet
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by Nobody: 6:48pm On Oct 11, 2017
fredie107:

That means, we will win the world cup with clean sheet
We reject it in jesus name.
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by Nobody: 6:53pm On Oct 11, 2017
kokomaster3d:

No ma. Go and ask China and India why their economy is growing despite their population. Some countries in Africa are less than Lagos in population, yet they are poor.
only fraction of these people are boosting the economy. crow is nonsense. south Africa has no crow both they are more improved in terms of economy and infrastructure than Nigeria.
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by Nobody: 6:59pm On Oct 11, 2017
BluntBoy:

We can qualify. We dragged possession with Spain in the Confed. I dare to say we were the ones that exposed the weakness in their boring tiki-tika style.

As for Brazil, we have beaten them more than they have beaten us. Only Germany has the capacity to beat us.
confederation cup is different fro. worldcup. most country don't go with their squad (Germany). and beside they WOn us 2-0.
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by Nobody: 7:02pm On Oct 11, 2017
Sanchez01:

We've had our glory days but that does not mean that we are that horrible as a country when it comes to football. Interestingly, we share a similar fate as Argentina when it comes to team football. We have the qualities but playing together as a team often time seem like a Herculian task.

That said, the size of a nation does not determine whether they would win the World Cup or otherwise. Uruguay is the first country to win the World Cup in 1930, and they did so with a population of 75,000 people. Your defence might be 'well... the cup wasn't as structured as it is now' but the ready response to that is that there were far 'better' nations with a better population.

Going by your assertion, we might need to wait for China and India before we dream of winning the World Cup.
Paraguay not Uruguay.
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by kokomaster3d: 7:06pm On Oct 11, 2017
beamtopola:

only fraction of these people are boosting the economy. crow is nonsense. south Africa has no crow both they are more improved in terms of economy and infrastructure than Nigeria.

Crowd has nothing to do with economy. USA has population more than Nigeria, yet they are far far far better than All Africa countries combined
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by kunle86(m): 7:26pm On Oct 11, 2017
Kingbet:

Nigeria.

Spain.

Germany.

Brazil

this guy u are wicked o. Nigeria go drop pointless from the group
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by ednited(f): 7:41pm On Oct 11, 2017
Omoluabi16:
lol. what then is positive about Ethiopia, It can't be that bad.

If the inflation was only for this time, I could have been silent. But I am smelling something bad. . . . .
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by Sanchez01: 7:48pm On Oct 11, 2017
beamtopola:

Paraguay not Uruguay.
URUGUAY. Paraguay has never won the World Cup.
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by Nobody: 7:51pm On Oct 11, 2017
Sanchez01:
URUGUAY. Paraguay has never won the World Cup.
ok
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by Sanchez01: 7:53pm On Oct 11, 2017
maclatunji:

No! No!! No!!! India and China have never been as passionate about football as Nigerians are. India is crazy about Cricket, China about Kung-fu or some other martial art for beating people up.

Nigeria has always been crazy about football.
We've had some superb football players in our Nation's history but that has not in any translated into being passionate about football as the South Americans.

The Nigerian football world should have been a force in world football had it been we are as passionate as South America and Europe.

We are still learning the art. This is why we produce a superstar with nearly ten years intervals, whereas the likes of Brazil have starts ready to take over from the other. Until then, we are nothing but football lovers who are not passionate about the game.
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by Flashh: 8:25pm On Oct 11, 2017
You are pointless and senseless,just like your comments. Obviously, you are the one who don't know football and don't know what what you are typing/saying.

I doubt if you know what "offside is.

braimeddy:
Will u keep quiet there. What do u know about football that u re talking thrash. The so called sanchez will be claiming as if he's the best player in any club he goes to yet he hasn't even make any name for himself. When he was in Barcelona, how many times has he played full 90mins? Player that always come in as 2nd substitute. It was even in arsenal that he was really known cos arsenal didn't really have world class players. Yet he can't help his team to qualify for UCL. Just shut ur mouth there if u have nothing to say
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by gamaliel9: 8:43pm On Oct 11, 2017
Semi Final pairing

Nigeria.

Spain.

Germany.

Brazil
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by ololadeking(m): 8:52pm On Oct 11, 2017
Kingbet:
keep quite
do you mean keep -QUIET- sir
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by dimmikel: 9:32pm On Oct 11, 2017
Kingbet:

Nigeria.

Spain.

Germany.

Brazi

Automatic ticket back home
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by Ugosample(m): 1:54pm On Oct 12, 2017
Kingbet:

Nigeria.
Spain.
Germany.
Brazil

Enemy of progress undecided
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by BluntBoy(m): 2:16pm On Oct 12, 2017
beamtopola:

confederation cup is different fro. worldcup. most country don't go with their squad (Germany). and beside they WOn us 2-0.

Aside Germany, which other country went with an experimental team? Confed is always taken seriously o, and countries always come with their first teams. Remember the 2014 Confed. The Spanish team was complete, same with Brazil, Italy, Uruguay, e.t.c.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Super Falcons Fan Page Urges NFF To Pay Players After AWCON Win / Moment A Prank Was Played On Super Eagles Players (pics/video) / Sergio Ramos Leaves Real Madrid After 16 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.