Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,216 members, 7,811,597 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:18 PM

List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup (35988 Views)

Full List Of The 24 Countries That Qualified For 2023 AFCON / South Africans Happy Not To Have Qualified For Russia 2018 World Cup / List Of 8 Countries That Have Qualified For World Cup 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by BluntBoy(m): 11:36am On Oct 11, 2017
Kingbet:
I wish they can fix 9ja group like this..

Nigeria.

Spain.

Germany.

Brazil

Mention me if you support cheesy

We can qualify. We dragged possession with Spain in the Confed. I dare to say we were the ones that exposed the weakness in their boring tiki-tika style.

As for Brazil, we have beaten them more than they have beaten us. Only Germany has the capacity to beat us.
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by Agbaletu: 11:38am On Oct 11, 2017
calyto:

You have answered yourself

What has landmass got to do with the population of a country? The article was clearly referring to the population of Iceland, Jamaica etc. Even at that, the land size of Iceland is 103,000 km².
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by maclatunji: 11:39am On Oct 11, 2017
kponkedenge:

Argentina are in a tight corner.... They may not qualify.

Choi, read this http://www.opinions.ng/see-messsis-hat-trick-takes-argentina-world-cup/
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by Nobody: 11:40am On Oct 11, 2017
BluntBoy:

We can qualify. We dragged possession with Spain in the Confed. I dare to say we were the ones that exposed the weakness in their boring tiki-tika style.

As for Brazil, we have beaten them more than they have beaten us. Only Germany has the capacity to beat us.
Bro, Yesterday, today and tomorrow are not the same.
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by maclatunji: 11:40am On Oct 11, 2017
ahmg001:
. Wales did not qualify bro

The thread says World Cup history not just Russia 2018.
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by ololadeking(m): 11:42am On Oct 11, 2017
Kingbet:
what map
world map
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by Nobody: 11:45am On Oct 11, 2017
ololadeking:
world map
what of kurdish and Ambazonia
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by maclatunji: 11:45am On Oct 11, 2017
Sanchez01:

We've had our glory days but that does not mean that we are that horrible as a country when it comes to football. Interestingly, we share a similar fate as Argentina when it comes to team football. We have the qualities but playing together as a team often time seem like a Herculian task.

That said, the size of a nation does not determine whether they would win the World Cup or otherwise. Uruguay is the first country to win the World Cup in 1930, and they did so with a population of 75,000 people. Your defence might be 'well... the cup wasn't as structured as it is now' but the ready response to that is that there were far 'better' nations with a better population.

Going by your assertion, we might need to wait for China and India before we dream of winning the World Cup.

No! No!! No!!! India and China have never been as passionate about football as Nigerians are. India is crazy about Cricket, China about Kung-fu or some other martial art for beating people up.

Nigeria has always been crazy about football.
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by Abdul3391(m): 11:47am On Oct 11, 2017
Kingbet:

Nigeria.
Spain.
Germany.
Brazil

just say u no happy for us na
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by Abdul3391(m): 11:47am On Oct 11, 2017
Kingbet:

Nigeria.
Spain.
Germany.
Brazil

just say u no happy for us na say we qualify
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by olusegzy01(m): 11:58am On Oct 11, 2017
Bro stop dreaming wake up from sleep and stop decieving your Children lol cheesy
BigBelleControl:
I'm happpy for Iceland and sad that Wales couldn't qualify.
Sanchez will be crying now, no UCL, no world cup him and he's not in the FIFA world best nomination.

Biafra and Catalonia are the next small nations that will qualify for the world cup.
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by fortune1894(m): 12:04pm On Oct 11, 2017
Kingbet:

Nigeria.
Spain.
Germany.
Brazil

u b witch abi
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by nnokwa042(m): 12:08pm On Oct 11, 2017
maclatunji:
Iceland's population is less than that of some suburbs in Lagos e.g. Ikorodu, Alimosho, Ojo.

Nigeria should have won the World Cup by now.
but more richer than whole lagos
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by ololadeking(m): 12:12pm On Oct 11, 2017
Kingbet:
what of kurdish and Ambazonia
those are nicks and av local dialect meanings
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by Sanctus1(m): 12:12pm On Oct 11, 2017
Kingbet:

Nigeria.

Spain.

Germany.

Brazil

if i be nigeria .,i will kukuma withdraw ...i cannot come n go and kill myself

Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by wenenike(m): 12:12pm On Oct 11, 2017
Kingbet:

Nigeria.

Spain.

Germany.

Brazil

hahahahahaha. the good thing about it is that only two nations will qualify from that group. I see Nigeria and Germany doing that..say bye bye to Spain and Brazil.. grin grin grin

Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by Sanctus1(m): 12:13pm On Oct 11, 2017
Kingbet:

Nigeria.

Spain.

Germany.

Brazil

if i be nigeria .,i will kukuma withdraw ...i cannot come n go and kill myself
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by calyto: 12:15pm On Oct 11, 2017
I'm sure you can answer this too

Agbaletu:

What has landmass got to do with the population of a country? The article was clearly referring to the population of Iceland, Jamaica etc. Even at that, the land size of Iceland is 103,000 km².
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by EzeeYFB(m): 12:19pm On Oct 11, 2017
Kingbet:

Nigeria.
Spain.
Germany.
Brazil

God punish u lol
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by bisotec(m): 12:23pm On Oct 11, 2017
maclatunji:
Size does not matter as China, the country with the largest population in the world with over 1.3 billion people has not qualified for Russia 2018 while Iceland with only population of approximately 335,000 has qualified for the mundial with a 2-0 win over Kosovo.

See the list of the smallest countries (by population) that have qualified for the World in its history.

Country Estimated Population at time of World Cup Qualification
Iceland 335,000
Trinidad & Tobago 1,300,000
Northern Ireland 1,850,000
Slovenia 2,080,000
Jamaica 2,890,000
Wales 3,100,000

Congratulations to Iceland.

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/iceland-becomes-smallest-country-ever-qualify-world-cup/

Wales did not qualify
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 11, 2017
ololadeking:
those are nicks and av local dialect meanings
keep quite
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 11, 2017
EzeeYFB:
God punish u lol
u mention me and u support and wishing u d same
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by Flashh: 12:33pm On Oct 11, 2017
braimeddy:
Sanchez is such a bad luck to both his country and club.. yet he will be forming best player
Just shut your trap. You don't watch football.

How could you call Sánchez a badluck for both club and country. A player who led his country to back-to-back Copa América trophy. A guy who once played for Ɓarcelona, and during his period there, he won countless trophies and scored many goals as well. Came to Arsenal, not trophiless either.

This your comment had already shown your hatred towards him.

2 Likes

Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by Rexnegro(m): 12:49pm On Oct 11, 2017
Florblu:
Crowd is one of the major factor causing ineffectiveness.
is a lie bro...What do You think of China then...our problem here is lack of visionary leadership And this attitude of I don't care Because You Are not my tribe And all that...poor political And religious sentiments
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by braimeddy: 12:50pm On Oct 11, 2017
Will u keep quiet there. What do u know about football that u re talking thrash. The so called sanchez will be claiming as if he's the best player in any club he goes to yet he hasn't even make any name for himself. When he was in Barcelona, how many times has he played full 90mins? Player that always come in as 2nd substitute. It was even in arsenal that he was really known cos arsenal didn't really have world class players. Yet he can't help his team to qualify for UCL. Just shut ur mouth there if u have nothing to say
Flashh:
Just shut your trap. You don't watch football.

How could you call Sánchez a badluck for both club and country. A player who led his country to back-to-back Copa América trophy. A guy who once played for Ɓarcelona, and during his period there, he won countless trophies and scored many goals as well. Came to Arsenal, not trophiless either.

This your comment had already shown your hatred towards him.

1 Like

Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by stobery(m): 12:53pm On Oct 11, 2017
kokomaster3d:

No ma. Go and ask China and India why their economy is growing despite their population. Some countries in Africa are less than Lagos in population, yet they are poor.

We talk football here...take ur economy go and meet Buhari
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by Nobody: 1:07pm On Oct 11, 2017
Kingbet:

Nigeria.

Spain.

Germany.

They will never come out alive
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by Nobody: 1:20pm On Oct 11, 2017
sisipelebe:
They will never come out alive
Let my prayer comes through
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by BiggyBamBam: 1:20pm On Oct 11, 2017
Kingbet:

Nigeria.

Spain.

Germany.

Brazil

O'l boy, you WICKED o!
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by Cyriloha(m): 1:28pm On Oct 11, 2017
[quote author=Kingbet post=61308911]I wish they can fix 9ja group like this..

Nigeria.

Spain.

Germany.

Brazil

Mention me if you support cheesy[/quote

I wish they if ferry you your worst subject as do or die
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by HzRF(m): 1:43pm On Oct 11, 2017
Kingbet:

Nigeria.

Spain.

Germany.

Brazil

Countries from same continent can't be paired together
Re: List Of Smallest Countries That Have Ever Qualified For World Cup by tunary(m): 1:56pm On Oct 11, 2017
Kingbet:

Nigeria.
Spain.
Germany.
Brazil

E don red be that na

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Moment A Prank Was Played On Super Eagles Players (pics/video) / Davido Shows His Football Skills As He Plays With Friends / Sergio Ramos Leaves Real Madrid After 16 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.