Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,117 members, 7,814,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Parents Withdraw Children From School In Anambra Over Army Medical Outreach - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Parents Withdraw Children From School In Anambra Over Army Medical Outreach (73258 Views)

School Children Going Home In Bayelsa Over Army Vaccination (Photos) / Panic In Bayelsa State As Parents Withdraw Children From School. / 4 Million Igbos Hit The Street Of London To Protest Over Army Killing (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Parents Withdraw Children From School In Anambra Over Army Medical Outreach by Benchuko1(m): 12:29pm On Oct 11, 2017
They were not shooting at anybody per say but they came to carry out their said medical outreach.

Re: Parents Withdraw Children From School In Anambra Over Army Medical Outreach by Leopantro: 12:29pm On Oct 11, 2017
we have found the antidote for the vaccine.
mix N50 salt in one bottle of Fanta then add one Mentho sweet. shake well and drink it 3 times a day for 24 hours.
make sure you use only Fanta and the white Menthos sweet.
if you use any other thing it will not work.

3 Likes

Re: Parents Withdraw Children From School In Anambra Over Army Medical Outreach by Groovenaija360(m): 12:30pm On Oct 11, 2017
Why do unconfirmed stories like this is hurriedly pushed to first page Just asking

2 Likes

Re: Parents Withdraw Children From School In Anambra Over Army Medical Outreach by Yyeske(m): 12:30pm On Oct 11, 2017
kindklemz:
I use to think Hausas are the only people that can easily be brainwashed until IPOD came up And exposed the shallowness in an Igbo man.

The only thing that differentiate an average Aboki and IPOD is religion otherwise both are as dumb as hell.

Education and exposed wise, an average IPOD is on the same per with an average Aboki.

Just look at what is happening now.
So Nigerian Army is made up of only Hausa Fulanis and they want to kill Igbos by injecting them with poisonous substances .
What kind of dumb reasoning is this.
Chai!
Ignorant is bad.
Thank you dear, common sense can't tell them that majority of the medical corp in the Nigerian Army are southerners.
Radio Biafra has been telling them that the army has injecting people with chemicals and Monkeypox virus and so many idiots believed.

5 Likes

Re: Parents Withdraw Children From School In Anambra Over Army Medical Outreach by dunkem21(m): 12:31pm On Oct 11, 2017
frenzyduchess:
I am currently sitting undecided, I only asked a question

Sorry if I'm rude sad I hate seeing scholars run helter skelter.

I hope you've seen the pictures you asked for.
Re: Parents Withdraw Children From School In Anambra Over Army Medical Outreach by Anambra1stSon(m): 12:31pm On Oct 11, 2017
*UPDATE ON THE PANDEMONIUM IN PARTS ANAMBRA STATE*

I have authentically confirmed from the intelligence services that:

1. There was actually a scheduled medical outreach Programme by the Nigerian Army;

2. Such Programmes are routinely done after every military exercise in communities e.g. Operation Python Dance;

3. That the Council Chairmen and Traditional Rulers of concerned communities were duly informed;

4. But, it appears that to information was not adequately disseminated to the citizenry;

5. That soldiers were only setting up the sheds and stands for the exercise when some individuals concocted the rumors of an ulterior motive and began disseminating the false alarm;

6. That the false alarm led to considerable panic and confusion in the whole State now -Awka, Nnewi, Ozubulu, Onitsha, etc;

7. The Military has therefore been advised to suspend the Outreach Programme immediately in order to calm frayed nerves;

8. The State Government will soon make a public broadcast to dispel the rumour and properly explain what happened.

On my side, I am still collating information from the footmen that have been sent to the field by NMA ANAMBRA State. If what we collate vary from the official version from what I got from the intelligence agencies, I shall give out the update.

*JKC*
*_Chair, NMA ANAMBRA State Branch_*

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents Withdraw Children From School In Anambra Over Army Medical Outreach by Kazim88: 12:31pm On Oct 11, 2017
darkdude:
PRESS STATEMENT: ARMY MEDICAL OUTREACH

The attention of the State Government has been drawn to an on going medical outreach being undertaken by the Army in Ozubulu, Ekwusigo Local Government Area.

The State has been made to understand that the exercise is part of Army social responsibility to members of the public.

However, strong apprehension among the populace has followed the exercise leading to withdrawal of students from schools by parents, misconception of the actual motive behind the exercise by stakeholders, community leaders and a general reservation by the public for whom the outreach is intended.

To this end and to ensure no further escalation of the situation, His Excellency the Governor, Chief Willie Obiano has contacted the Army Authories and advised for immediate stoppage of the medical outreach until wide sensitization is conducted to reassure people of its intentions and benefits. The exercise has therefore been put on hold.

Parents and guardians are strongly advised to stop withdrawing their wards from schools as the situation has been handled. All schools within the State will remain open as there is no cause for alarm! Community leaders, Presidents General and all Stakeholders are hereby reassured of the commitment of the Governor and the State Government to the wellbeing of Ndi Anambra.

The State Government also strongly condemns observed rhetorics on social media completely misrepresenting the situation with insinuations of spread of diseases and death of students in schools arising from the exercise. The State categorically refutes these rhetorics and confirms that there is no death of any student anywhere in the State. Mischief makers are warned to desist from spreading falsehood. Anambra remains calm and peaceful!

Thank you!

Prof Solo Chukwulobelu
Secretary to the State Government.
Wait
If the governor have called Suspension of the medical outreach YESTERDAY why did the Army continued today... to create more Trouble.

1 Like

Re: Parents Withdraw Children From School In Anambra Over Army Medical Outreach by frazsone12(m): 12:32pm On Oct 11, 2017
Everything is happenings so fast here in Enugu.. pupils and student are running up and downing claiming that solider are injectin student with moneypox virus
Re: Parents Withdraw Children From School In Anambra Over Army Medical Outreach by Realchidi: 12:32pm On Oct 11, 2017
Gradually people are going crazy because of unfounded fear. You guys can continue on this destructive path and embrace whatever comes with it.

4 Likes

Re: Parents Withdraw Children From School In Anambra Over Army Medical Outreach by angolag(m): 12:32pm On Oct 11, 2017
Its an Arm robbery Situation in Nnewi..Arm Robbers are there as I speak. Bank Robbery
Re: Parents Withdraw Children From School In Anambra Over Army Medical Outreach by dunkem21(m): 12:32pm On Oct 11, 2017
Groovenaija360:
Why do unconfirmed stories like this is hurriedly pushed to first page Just asking

Because the unconfirmed story of GEJ training snipers graced the FP undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents Withdraw Children From School In Anambra Over Army Medical Outreach by Yyeske(m): 12:32pm On Oct 11, 2017
Kazim88:

Don't be deceived... Nigeria Army have nothing to do with the Job of primary health Center.

If I was a school owner, I had reject it.

If a parent want to vaccinate their child, they Should go to Health Center, which is at every local government Area.

If they choose that of the Army, let it be their choice.

But coming to schools to force vaccination without the approval of state health board and the child's parent is nothing but criminality.
Tell us the schools they went to
Re: Parents Withdraw Children From School In Anambra Over Army Medical Outreach by chiamaka4g: 12:32pm On Oct 11, 2017
This is not true. They are giving them vaccines without consent from their parents which is actually wrong. No soldier is shooting
Re: Parents Withdraw Children From School In Anambra Over Army Medical Outreach by belindar: 12:32pm On Oct 11, 2017
Meklex:
My brother just came home from school. I heard rumors that soldiers are shooting at people and they are injecting people with monkey pox. Reporting from Nnewi

Please stop spreading false rumors. How can soldiers be injecting people with monkey pox. Please do t cause any panic in the country.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents Withdraw Children From School In Anambra Over Army Medical Outreach by duchess02(m): 12:33pm On Oct 11, 2017
*UPDATE ON THE PANDEMONIUM IN PARTS ANAMBRA STATE*

I have authentically confirmed from the intelligence services that:

1. There was actually a scheduled medical outreach Programme by the Nigerian Army;

2. Such Programmes are routinely done after every military exercise in communities e.g. Operation Python Dance;

3. That the Council Chairmen and Traditional Rulers of concerned communities were duly informed;

4. But, it appears that to information was not adequately disseminated to the citizenry;

5. That soldiers were only setting up the sheds and stands for the exercise when some individuals concocted the rumors of an ulterior motive and began disseminating the false alarm;

6. That the false alarm led to considerable panic and confusion in the whole State now -Awka, Nnewi, Ozubulu, Onitsha, etc;

7. The Military has therefore been advised to suspend the Outreach Programme immediately in order to calm frayed nerves;

8. The State Government will soon make a public broadcast to dispel the rumour and properly explain what happened.

On my side, I am still collating information from the footmen that have been sent to the field by NMA ANAMBRA State. If what we collate vary from the official version from what I got from the intelligence agencies, I shall give out the update.

*JKC*
*_Chair, NMA ANAMBRA State Branch_*

2 Likes

Re: Parents Withdraw Children From School In Anambra Over Army Medical Outreach by freshboy31: 12:33pm On Oct 11, 2017
Meklex:
My brother just came home from school. I heard rumors that soldiers are shooting at people and they are injecting people with monkey pox. Reporting from Nnewi
this man you funny oh injecting monkey pox again ewoo.... nothing we no go hear for nairaland ���
Re: Parents Withdraw Children From School In Anambra Over Army Medical Outreach by willibounce1(m): 12:33pm On Oct 11, 2017
ProWalker:

My brother, Igbo people matter tire me!
I’ve never seen such myopic set of humans like these people.
Anything to blame the govt with, no matter how insane such thing sounds.
Pathetic lot

it's really terrible oo. As you can see, many of them actually believe the daft and senile story. They believe the NA will go into schools and force people to take immunisation against whatever rubbish. Even if there was immunisation for monkey pox, would it start in Anambra when Lagos and Abuja is there. An one ipod goat is saying the soldiers are injecting children with monkey pox...lol...so there is actually a monkey pox syringe or something. May God help ipod people ooo. the embarrassment is getting too much. They are not always ashamed to be daft and stupid, even on Facebook, advertsing to the world how daft they could be.

6 Likes

Re: Parents Withdraw Children From School In Anambra Over Army Medical Outreach by youngbabaj(m): 12:34pm On Oct 11, 2017
I just can't stop laughing at the type of brain my igbo brothers have, just called my elder brother who Is a major in the Nigerian army (currently in onitsha),he said he doesn't know what am talking about, how will they go after innocent school kids,not only shooting at them but also injecting them with monkeypox or chickenpox,
When will the igbos finally agree that pmb is the president , NK has not saved his friends in kirikiri not to talk of the igbo race,
Please grow up

Before coming for my head,lemme tell you am from anambra state, aguleri to be precised

14 Likes

Re: Parents Withdraw Children From School In Anambra Over Army Medical Outreach by Adaumunocha(f): 12:34pm On Oct 11, 2017
What exactly is happening to my calm state?
Re: Parents Withdraw Children From School In Anambra Over Army Medical Outreach by peeps4u: 12:34pm On Oct 11, 2017
From the press release by the state governor, it is clear military were conducting immunization in schools before now. Why will soldiers be conducting immunization in an already tensed zone without even notifying people ahead?
Is Anambra being ravaged by diseases? I think northern states need such immunization most due to various diseases in that region.

4 Likes

Re: Parents Withdraw Children From School In Anambra Over Army Medical Outreach by joshrooy23(m): 12:34pm On Oct 11, 2017
jeez... here in imo state parents are running to withdraw their ward...... the vaccination is happening in imo
Re: Parents Withdraw Children From School In Anambra Over Army Medical Outreach by Groovenaija360(m): 12:34pm On Oct 11, 2017
dunkem21:

Because the unconfirmed story of GEJ training snipers graced the FP undecided
grin grin grin baba no be querel oo
Re: Parents Withdraw Children From School In Anambra Over Army Medical Outreach by Yyeske(m): 12:34pm On Oct 11, 2017
Lilimax:

People are withdrawing their children from school. Just got a call from my dad in Awka.
But why all these pandemonium undecided
Yes to that as I later found out but nobody to give us any proof of who died
Re: Parents Withdraw Children From School In Anambra Over Army Medical Outreach by HeGeMon(m): 12:34pm On Oct 11, 2017
Can u just imagine how foolish this sounds, I think the whole eastern region needs to do away with bandwagon mentality, this is a region that claims high literacy, but will be cowed by people such as Nnamdi Kanu, how will soldiers inject people with monkey pox Ahn ahnnnnnn Haba.
Meklex:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents Withdraw Children From School In Anambra Over Army Medical Outreach by darkdude(m): 12:34pm On Oct 11, 2017
Kazim88:

Wait
If the governor have called Suspension of the medical outreach YESTERDAY why did the Army continued today... to create more Trouble.

please the date is 11th. that was an error
Re: Parents Withdraw Children From School In Anambra Over Army Medical Outreach by Alexchuka(m): 12:35pm On Oct 11, 2017
Meklex:
I can only tell you what is true. Schools are on shutdown and students are in the streets running home.

Running from what? No give person High BP o
Re: Parents Withdraw Children From School In Anambra Over Army Medical Outreach by pawesome(m): 12:35pm On Oct 11, 2017
Abeg get facts right before posting what you tink coz f hate...Soldiers cn forcibly b injectin pple or shooting...

Chek ur facts oooo
Re: Parents Withdraw Children From School In Anambra Over Army Medical Outreach by Adaumunocha(f): 12:35pm On Oct 11, 2017
youngbabaj:
I just can't stop laughing at the type of brain my igbo brothers have, just called my elder brother who Is a major in the Nigerian army (currently in onitsha),he said he doesn't know what am talking about, how will they go after innocent school kids,not only shooting at them but also injecting them with monkeypox or chickenpox,
When will the igbos finally agree that pmb is the president , NK has not saved his friends in kirikiri not to talk of the igbo race,
Please grow up

Before coming for my head,lemme tell you am from anambra state, aguleri to be precised

So what or who started the panic? There's no smoke without fire you know
Re: Parents Withdraw Children From School In Anambra Over Army Medical Outreach by juddybrown(m): 12:35pm On Oct 11, 2017
it's just a misunderstanding between the Armed Force operation python dance and immunization team giving out free medical treatments ,the teachers at St Joseph primary school ozubulu
Re: Parents Withdraw Children From School In Anambra Over Army Medical Outreach by freshboy31: 12:35pm On Oct 11, 2017
this baba you funny oh injecting monkey pox again ewoo.... nothing we no go hear for nairaland ���
Re: Parents Withdraw Children From School In Anambra Over Army Medical Outreach by rolla10(m): 12:35pm On Oct 11, 2017
Nawaoo they carry monkey go
Re: Parents Withdraw Children From School In Anambra Over Army Medical Outreach by Yyeske(m): 12:35pm On Oct 11, 2017
Nkepris:
Reporting live from Onitsha. As a result of the rumour that Nigerian Army gave a deadly vaccine to school children in Ozubulu killing school pupils, parents in onitsha have left their place of work. They all rush to the school gates banging and demanding that their children be let free. A woman even rush to a school unclad. Some schools opened their gate and students were running helter skelter. When i asked a parent what was happening he said Nigerian Army wants to kill all the biafran children so that the history of biafra will die. But funny enough all these were caused by a mere rumour( according to my source in Ozubulu)
Give us details of who died, when and where?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Buhari Commissions Abuja-Kaduna Railway (Photos) / Zahra Buhari Gets ‎n47.1m Customized Bags In 30 Exotic Cars From Billionaire Fia / Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.