Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,092 members, 7,957,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:50 AM

Any Comic Book Fans On Nairaland? - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Any Comic Book Fans On Nairaland? (7188 Views)

10 Real-life Inspirations For Comic Book Characters / Uchiha Madara Vs Marvel Comic Heroes / Comic Actors Sanyeri And Oleyo Dethrone Mr. Latin And Babasuwe As King Of Comedy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Comic Book Fans On Nairaland? by spikyn: 4:00pm On Sep 30, 2006
@ Viera Amazing Spider-Man 535 is where you want to be at!!!
How was your trip?
Re: Any Comic Book Fans On Nairaland? by Vieira(m): 2:41am On Oct 01, 2006
I got it. I don't normally collect Amazing Spidrerman but I had to buy that one.

That last page was great!

I hope Spiderman kicks the living daylights out of Tony Stark.
Re: Any Comic Book Fans On Nairaland? by PrinceTolu(m): 1:12am On Oct 02, 2006
How do I get some collections.
Re: Any Comic Book Fans On Nairaland? by spikyn: 5:03pm On Feb 05, 2007
@ Viera, Happy New Year bro! I bin enter Jand then spent too much time at work so I never enter here since last year. Shey you're good ba?

Sorry about the 15 point gap in the Premiership. wink

Now that the Civil War is almost up, any thoughts?
Re: Any Comic Book Fans On Nairaland? by PrinceTolu(m): 5:38pm On Feb 06, 2007
hey I need
Re: Any Comic Book Fans On Nairaland? by godfrey920(m): 12:25pm On Feb 08, 2007
i love reading archie and friends comics.my main xter there is reggie and jughead grin grin
Re: Any Comic Book Fans On Nairaland? by marhoatumu(m): 5:07pm On Feb 08, 2007
whats up with the marvel civil war story, whats the latest? i was able to read the erly episodes and now i'm hearing that its coming to an end. what happened, did the super heroes come back together? did anybody significant die
Re: Any Comic Book Fans On Nairaland? by marhoatumu(m): 5:19pm On Feb 08, 2007
by the way has anybody read sin city and 300, both by frank miller?
Re: Any Comic Book Fans On Nairaland? by iice(f): 1:34pm On Feb 09, 2007
marhoatumu:

by the way has anybody read sin city and 300, both by frank miller?

Have read them, so psyched about 300!
Re: Any Comic Book Fans On Nairaland? by grafikdon: 6:46am On Feb 15, 2007
Anyone Up to date with Spawn? My last collection was #153, I mean plain 'Spawn' not Hell Spawn or 'Sam N' Twitch' (You gotta love those guys though) Todd McFarlane Rocks! Neil Gaiman too and Angel Medina. . . Killa combination!
Re: Any Comic Book Fans On Nairaland? by TerraCotta(m): 10:20pm On Feb 21, 2007
You guys might be interested in this article about African comic books and comic book characters.
Re: Any Comic Book Fans On Nairaland? by spikyn: 5:01pm On Feb 22, 2007
The last part of Marvel's Civil War (part 7 of 7) is out now.
Re: Any Comic Book Fans On Nairaland? by kasshogy(m): 6:04pm On Feb 25, 2007
I'm a comic book fanatic, infact I have downloadable marvel comics. you are welcome to be a part of my comic book salon group on Hi5. http://kasshogy.hi5.com
Re: Any Comic Book Fans On Nairaland? by Vieira(m): 12:57pm On Mar 06, 2007
Sorry for being away!!

Civil War has ended and I HATED IT!!

Black Golaith died and now Captain America is in prison.

Reed and Sue have left the Fantastic Four to try and save thier marriage.

Thier place is taken by newly weds Black Panther and Storm.

Tony Stark won the Civil war and is now head of Shield.

He will pay for this especially when the Hulk gets back.

Hulk is on his way back to Earth and he is really pissed off for being thrown off earth by the so called Heroes!

Remember that this is a Hulk that has spent the last year traing as a warrior.

I have read Sin City but not 300 but will be watching the movie.

Back later.

Kashoggy, I'll try and join you on Hi5.
Re: Any Comic Book Fans On Nairaland? by moondust(m): 2:57pm On Mar 09, 2007
grafikdon, how far?, we discussed some stuff last time, but I'm yet 2 hear from u, howz d next project comin? abeg i'm so out of touch with comics dat I'm totally lost here. But good thing 2 know dat we all share 1 passion. someone rightly said its a bitch gettin comics here in naija, except for random old titles and heaps of junk comics. what can a guy do?
Re: Any Comic Book Fans On Nairaland? by Vieira(m): 2:06pm On Mar 11, 2007
moondust,

you can try mininova.org and torrentspy.com and you can get comics online.

People have scanned them and uploaded it, so you can read them on the computer, you just need a bittorrent client.

I hope this helps in a small way.
Re: Any Comic Book Fans On Nairaland? by kenway(m): 11:43am On Mar 19, 2007
Hi people how are you doing. My comapny distributes comic books produced for her by comic book production outfits. The name of the current comic book in the market is KINETIC. you can get it in the stores now. If you do get it and you would like to pass comments i'm open. Have a nice day then.
Re: Any Comic Book Fans On Nairaland? by gbadex1(m): 7:33pm On Mar 26, 2007
@ kenway:

please where can i get your kinetic comics? are there any distribubtion outlets in abule-egba? please provide with more info, thanks!
Re: Any Comic Book Fans On Nairaland? by spikyn: 4:32pm On Apr 27, 2007
@ Viera. Where/how've you been?

World War Hulk? I saw a preview with Hulk going to see the Inhumans/Black Bolt. Guy, I pity Reed/Tony when Bruce Banner reaches them.

The 52 arc with Black Adam and World War III was pretty cool, did you get to read up on that?

Holla back.
Re: Any Comic Book Fans On Nairaland? by Vieira(m): 3:40am On May 26, 2007
I read 52 and being a big fan of the Marvel family I was loving Black Adam but I do not like the idea that he is now a mass murderer.

World war Hulk is going to be mental!

I pity Tony Stark, the whole SHIELD team no go save am.
Re: Any Comic Book Fans On Nairaland? by Vieira(m): 10:08am On Jun 03, 2007
Spikyn,

How now?

As a Silver Surfer fan I bet you are excited by the new Fantastic Four movie!

Spider-man 3 was okay but I don't think it was as good as part 2.

anyway guys lets keep this thread going.
Re: Any Comic Book Fans On Nairaland? by spikyn: 9:12pm On Jun 18, 2007
Viera o! I dey, I just been dey offline for a bit.

World War Hulk 1 don comot, I like how Hulk dey approach all the "Heroes" wey try am. Iron Man's speech was pretty smooth but wasted. <trying not to post spoilers>

Spider-Man 3, saw it twice, definitely not as good as 2 and wey below my own personal benchmark - Batman Begins

Fantastic Four dey so promising I don watch the trailer tire but somehow the director doesn't give me much hope but make we see sha.

You don peep Will Smith "I Am Legend"? It's looking good.

How preps for Premiership in August as per you be big Gunner? grin

P.S. How you?
Re: Any Comic Book Fans On Nairaland? by Vieira(m): 1:42am On Jun 19, 2007
Hulk must kill someone o! I no go happy if na only mouth o!

Blackbolt and Ironman are still alive at the end of issue 1,.
why did Sentry turn back??

and when is Thor landing now?

Seen FF2 and it was just alright for me no big things jare.

no I never peep I am legend o, must check it out.

Arsenal will rule next season (I hope).

Man dey keep fine o, I just had a new baby boy o, maybe I will call him Thor. LOL!
Re: Any Comic Book Fans On Nairaland? by spikyn: 7:35pm On Jun 20, 2007
Congrats on the little man o! As my people say "May God give him the life of an old man". Just no burden am with that kind name grin

I don't think Hulk'll kill anybody though some preview cover of X-Men #200 advertises the death of an X-Man but I can't confirm if it's related. Black Bolt being taken out like that's gotta be worse than death and I guess the main advantage the Sentry has is his reality altering abilities. But see something sha, did you notice the smile on Reed Richards' face when the Sentry agreed to "help" Hulk? It would seem to tie in with the New Avengers #31 storyline involving the next major Marvel story arc, besides Reed's suppose to be outta town with Sue abi?

My movie hopes this year na Transformers, Ratatouille, Live Free or Die Hard and Bourne Ultimatum, I'll still see FF2 sha. You dey follow Iron Man movie developments?

That Arsenal dream na dream o!
Re: Any Comic Book Fans On Nairaland? by BlueAngel1(m): 7:51pm On Oct 17, 2007
The Big one is back!

The 3rd Lagos Comics & Cartoons Carnival.
@ the 9th Lagos Book & Art Festival from Friday 9th – Sunday 11th November, 2007. National Theatre, Iganmu, Lagos.

Theme: Unleash the Power of Animation
3 days of live action featuring the best of comics, cartoons and animation in a highly interactive environment.

Day 1 (9/11/07): The 3rd Green Comic & Cartoon Strip Contest (Themed: Plant an idea, watch it grow). Organized in collaboration with Children And The Environment (CATE), and The Cartoonists Association of Nigeria, for Secondary School Students between the ages of 13 and 20 years of age.

Day 2 (10/11/07): One day workshop on animation covering 2D, 3D & Motion Graphics. For independent practitioners and practicing professionals in established advertising / media related agencies, television houses plus talented enthusiasts in Universities & Polytechnics.

Day 3 (11/11/07): Screening of short listed entries of animated short flicks plus a talk shop on the screened flicks followed by a dance party.

What to do?
• Visit www.naijacomics..com or call 08067421215, 017451990 for more information.
• Children interested in the Cartoon contest may pick up application forms from CORA House, 1st Flr, 95 Bode Thomas Str. Surulere, Lagos or call Aunty Sola on 08023087725, 07028191848.
• Send VCD copies of your animated clips to CORA House, 1st Flr, 95 Bode Thomas Str. Surulere, Lagos to enter for the screening sessions.
• Apply for the animation workshop at the address above or by sending an e-mail to lc3_05@yahoo.co.uk.
• Spread the buzz and get ready for action!
Remember, from the 9th – 11th of November, the foundations of the National Theatre will shake with the power of animation!

The Lagos Comics & Cartoons Carnival is organised by Revolution Media in collaboration with Committee For Relevant Art (CORA), Design Jockey Sessions, Imperial Creations Studios, Pandora Comics, Children & The Environment (CATE), & Cartoonists Association of Nigeria (CARTAN).

Re: Any Comic Book Fans On Nairaland? by Vieira(m): 6:20pm On Nov 08, 2007
sounds good. I hope there is a large attendence.
Re: Any Comic Book Fans On Nairaland? by Wordsmith(m): 6:52am On Nov 09, 2007
Pandora? I thought they had run down and gone defunct? I've been trying to subscribe/contact 'em, all in vain.
Re: Any Comic Book Fans On Nairaland? by BlueAngel1(m): 2:56pm On Nov 13, 2007
the event (3rd Lagos Comics & Cartoons Carnival) was great lots and lots of comics and an army of kids and yes, pandora is still up and kicking, they introduced their titles- aisha and street soccer, actually had a model dressed as aisha though without the katana! other comic companies like imperial creation studios with their dark edge title and euphoria comics with their kinetic title and organizers- revolution media with their serial thriller preview edition were in attendance, if you missed it, sorry, look out for it next year
Re: Any Comic Book Fans On Nairaland? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jan 02, 2008
COMIC BOOK FAN RIGHT HERE cheesy i only jusr realised there was a place on this forum dedicated to anime/manga etc grin soo happy
Re: Any Comic Book Fans On Nairaland? by Vieira(m): 5:35pm On Jan 07, 2008
Welocme Ibkaye.

I love discussing comics esp with fellow Naija.
Re: Any Comic Book Fans On Nairaland? by mk4fna: 6:49pm On Feb 04, 2008
hello all my friends
i am mohammmed fofana, i have write some comics too and i am looking for a publisher that can help me out and i don know how to do that, pls who can help me out
pls this is my email address mk_4fana@yahoo.com pls contact
Thanks and God Bless you all
Re: Any Comic Book Fans On Nairaland? by BlueAngel1(m): 7:54pm On May 22, 2008
Creative circles are abuzz with anticipation regarding RevolutionMedia’s upcoming VisualAsylum, a series of workshops aimed at training people in various aspects of visual communication and slated for the 31st of May to the 2nd of June at the Julius Berger Hall of the University of Lagos. This is connected with the fact that the inaugural edition of this series is offering classes in Disney-style 2D animation for the first time in the country.

“2D animation is making a big time comeback” explains Sewedo Nupowaku, RevolutionMedia’s CEO. “The maestros and moneymen at Disney are ready to revamp the venerable art form which suffered at the advent of 3D animation. They realize the market for 3D fare has become an all-comers affair and are keen to reinvent the particular slick style they pioneered using the latest digital technology. This was amply demonstrated when they unveiled their slate of upcoming movies recently. We are anticipating a renaissance of sorts and want our youth in particular to benefit from it” he concluded.

Facilitator of the 2D classes, Ibrahim Ganiyy, lead animator on Lagbaja’s pioneering ‘Suru lere’ music video and one of the people who helped in creating Indomie Noodles’ wildly successful ‘Indomitables’ campaign, agrees. “The pool of animators in Nigeria is abysmally small and we intend to democratize the field a bit more. A country like Senegal boasts of quite a few animation houses who in turn handle outsourced jobs from around the world. Why can’t we be part of the action?” he asked rhetorically.

RevolutionMedia’s VisualAsylum will also offer classes in 3D communications. This is the second initiative in a series of collaborations with ImageStudios and Committee for Relevant Art (CORA).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga download / African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) 2007 Winners / Korean Drama - The K2 Episode List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.