Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,716 members, 7,820,498 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

My Boyfriend Of 8years Is Getting Married On Saturday To Another Person - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Of 8years Is Getting Married On Saturday To Another Person (6521 Views)

Promise Made, Promise Kept: How I'm Getting married to my Girlfriend Of 8years / I Am Getting Married On 18th April 2020. Kogi Here We Come / Identical Twin Sisters Get Married On Same Day To Men From Same State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Boyfriend Of 8years Is Getting Married On Saturday To Another Person by Nobody: 8:24am On Oct 12, 2017
So I met this guy 8yrs ago on twitter, we connected instantly and before we knew it we were in hot love. Like most relationships, ours had its ups and downs. We later broke up for a while and both moved to Canada individually about 3years ago, somehow he reached out to me, we met up and rekindled our relationship (all the while we were dating he had a GF) perhaps this is the place where I tell you all we are both guys.
He's always telling me how much he loves me and how he's not sure he can live with the pain if we ever break up again and heaven knows, I love this guy too so much.

Fast forward to September 2017 (Last month) I found out he was getting married to his long time gf not even directly from him, I was in his house and his friends were talking about aso ebi. Then they asked me if I would come to Lagos for the wedding. I was shocked because I didn't expect someone I call my bf to have made such plans behind my back. I didn't even know he had proposed to the girl. and I wasn't devastated because I had always expected it.

I didn't confront him about it, I never brought it up with him at all. Maybe he got tired of it all and decided to officially tell me by saying "Oga, I'm getting married next month in case you haven't noticed". Just like that, out of the blues. In all of this I was calm because I had always expected it, I just thought I'd be given at least 6 months notice to get my sh*t together
He's getting married on Saturday and still called me yesterday to say he misses me. When the was talking all I could think of was his wife and how we were disrespecting her. (Ps: I don't know her)

Now I know I'm being selfish because last last I will marry a girl too, it's just I once told him we're out of Naija we can bullshit everyone's opinion and fucking get married in Canada no-one has to come so far we're happy but no, he's doing it for his family he says, I'm the first born he says. Ultimately I wish him a happy married life and I've concluded staying away from him and his marriage even though I know it'll cause me pain and that's not what he wants but I have to respect myself and not end up being the Bob risky in his life.

He has told me he'll call off the wedding if I ask him to, but I know that's not what he wants. A friend even advised me to go for the wedding that it might help make things easier if I get to see his "wife" but I can't help feeling I'll stand up when they ask who doesn't want these two to be together.
He still thinks things can be like they were even after his wedding and a part of me wants that as well, but I know our bread can never be toast again.

What can I do?

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Of 8years Is Getting Married On Saturday To Another Person by Adaumunocha(f): 8:29am On Oct 12, 2017
Hollup! Are they gay ni? Dude better whaka straight go look for a lady to marry. Your friend just fulfilled his social obligation to avoid d wrath of d society in which he came out of.

10 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Of 8years Is Getting Married On Saturday To Another Person by Nobody: 8:30am On Oct 12, 2017
I Cant believe I Read A Damn Gay Story... All I Can Say Is "You Are Insane"... You Need Jesus.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Of 8years Is Getting Married On Saturday To Another Person by AlexCk: 8:31am On Oct 12, 2017
Move on.
Date a freaking female too.

Honestly dunno how u peeps engage in same-sex affairs. The thought of it sef is yuck.

Anyways, like i initially pointed out, move on bruh
Re: My Boyfriend Of 8years Is Getting Married On Saturday To Another Person by Nobody: 8:31am On Oct 12, 2017
Adaumunocha:
8 years Is that one not a long time girlfriend thing?
Some men can be heartless!!?? Just imagine the heartache
hope You Know He Is Gay

5 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Of 8years Is Getting Married On Saturday To Another Person by Adaumunocha(f): 8:32am On Oct 12, 2017
DeadRat:
I Cant believe I Read A Damn Gay Story... All I Can Say Is "You Are Insane"... You Need Jesus.
Hush... Don't b that way.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Of 8years Is Getting Married On Saturday To Another Person by Adaumunocha(f): 8:33am On Oct 12, 2017
DeadRat:
hope You Know He Is Gay
Now I know

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Of 8years Is Getting Married On Saturday To Another Person by Blackhawk01: 8:33am On Oct 12, 2017
Adaumunocha:
8 years Is that one not a long time girlfriend thing?
Some men can be heartless!!?? Just imagine the heartache

You definitely didn't read the content. I had my bowl of curses to rain the moment I saw the topic but the content weak me. grin cheesy angry

7 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Of 8years Is Getting Married On Saturday To Another Person by Nobody: 8:34am On Oct 12, 2017
8 yrs and he left u? He's an endtime boyfriend
Re: My Boyfriend Of 8years Is Getting Married On Saturday To Another Person by Marrtynze(m): 8:35am On Oct 12, 2017
U cannot come and ruin this beautiful day for me with this bullshit story, gay rubbish

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Of 8years Is Getting Married On Saturday To Another Person by Nobody: 8:36am On Oct 12, 2017
You are a good girl
If it were some lady their will eventually pour acid on the guy But some men and their pattern of living sha
Op just use my mail for more insight and thank me in advance
Re: My Boyfriend Of 8years Is Getting Married On Saturday To Another Person by Adaumunocha(f): 8:36am On Oct 12, 2017
Blackhawk01:

You definitely didn't read the content. I had my bowl of curses to rain the moment I saw the topic but the content weak me. grin cheesy angry
I've modified my comment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Of 8years Is Getting Married On Saturday To Another Person by Nobody: 8:36am On Oct 12, 2017
Adaumunocha:
Hush... Don't b that way.
any Thing Gay is Gross
Re: My Boyfriend Of 8years Is Getting Married On Saturday To Another Person by Adaumunocha(f): 8:37am On Oct 12, 2017
loneatar:
You are a good girl
If it were some lady their will eventually pour acid on the guy But some men and their pattern of living sha
Read dude read!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Of 8years Is Getting Married On Saturday To Another Person by Adaumunocha(f): 8:37am On Oct 12, 2017
DeadRat:
any Thing Gay is Gross
Ok
Re: My Boyfriend Of 8years Is Getting Married On Saturday To Another Person by festwiz(m): 8:41am On Oct 12, 2017
In all, it's the lady that suffers...marrying a gay dude...OP your story weak me sha

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Of 8years Is Getting Married On Saturday To Another Person by DanseMacabre(m): 8:41am On Oct 12, 2017
So were you digging his ass or was your ass being dug?

If it's the former, then look for another hole. However if it's the latter, then the only one I feel really sorry for in this sordid tale is your ass.

Eight years is a helluva long time bro.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Of 8years Is Getting Married On Saturday To Another Person by elantraceey(f): 8:44am On Oct 12, 2017
Some comments here is a clear indication that people don't read contents before giving their opinion lol. grin

@the op I have no idea of what to say to you.

10 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Of 8years Is Getting Married On Saturday To Another Person by Nobody: 8:44am On Oct 12, 2017
Adaumunocha:
Read dude read!
I read bitch I read! What are trying to insinuate this morning dear
Re: My Boyfriend Of 8years Is Getting Married On Saturday To Another Person by Adaumunocha(f): 8:47am On Oct 12, 2017
loneatar:
Hollup! The B word? Dude really? You read the epistle of the op and you did not deduce it to be a gay affair?

6 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Of 8years Is Getting Married On Saturday To Another Person by DanseMacabre(m): 8:47am On Oct 12, 2017
loneatar:

You didn't read shiit dude. angry

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Of 8years Is Getting Married On Saturday To Another Person by Jumbus31(m): 8:50am On Oct 12, 2017
Congratulations, you won the most stupid post of this week. You are doing great bro. Keep it up
Re: My Boyfriend Of 8years Is Getting Married On Saturday To Another Person by OliveCynosure(f): 8:51am On Oct 12, 2017
This one weak me o
Smh
Re: My Boyfriend Of 8years Is Getting Married On Saturday To Another Person by Nobody: 8:52am On Oct 12, 2017
loneatar:
you can lie for Africa... still doing strong head on top lie... u be real Oga Linus... chai!

10 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Of 8years Is Getting Married On Saturday To Another Person by Legendaryarcher(f): 8:53am On Oct 12, 2017
What the fvck, ur a gay!!!
Re: My Boyfriend Of 8years Is Getting Married On Saturday To Another Person by Jumbus31(m): 8:57am On Oct 12, 2017
loneatar:
You are a good girl
Go back to that story and read once more. Read it gently this time around and come to modify this your comment.
Re: My Boyfriend Of 8years Is Getting Married On Saturday To Another Person by bonnez(m): 8:58am On Oct 12, 2017
Take this

Re: My Boyfriend Of 8years Is Getting Married On Saturday To Another Person by Nobody: 9:20am On Oct 12, 2017
loneatar:
You are a good girl

I'm sorry, I don't understand you
Re: My Boyfriend Of 8years Is Getting Married On Saturday To Another Person by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 12, 2017
Jumbus31:
Congratulations, you won the most stupid post of this week. You are doing great bro. Keep it up
Thanks a lot bro, really appreciate the kind gesture

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Of 8years Is Getting Married On Saturday To Another Person by Adaumunocha(f): 9:22am On Oct 12, 2017
JohnIbori:

Thanks a lot bro, really appreciate the kind gesture
Are u related to Ibori
Re: My Boyfriend Of 8years Is Getting Married On Saturday To Another Person by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 12, 2017
DanseMacabre:
So were you digging his ass or was your ass being dug?

If it's the former, then look for another hole. However if it's the latter, then the only one I feel really sorry for in this sordid tale is your ass.

Eight years is a helluva long time bro.

It was more of a mutual digging. Ps: I already have several holes waiting in line. This one is just different because we had a strong emotional connection
Re: My Boyfriend Of 8years Is Getting Married On Saturday To Another Person by Adaumunocha(f): 9:23am On Oct 12, 2017
doctorkush:
you can lie for Africa... still doing strong head on top lie... u be real Oga Linus... chai!
Lolzzz... Don't mind d guy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Women Subnit To Your Guys For Happy Relationship. 18+ / What A Girl Told Me About Simps/weak Guys / Re; Why Should I Get Married?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.