Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,113 members, 7,821,825 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

General Obasanjo Swearing In Col. Buhari As Petroleum Minister 1976 (Throwback) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / General Obasanjo Swearing In Col. Buhari As Petroleum Minister 1976 (Throwback) (37280 Views)

Buhari As Petroleum Minister In 1975 (Throwback Photo) / Shehu Sani Asks Buhari To Quit As Petroleum Minister / Obasanjo Swearing In Buhari As Petroleum Minister In 1976 (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Obasanjo Swearing In Col. Buhari As Petroleum Minister 1976 (Throwback) by sylviaeo(f): 11:49am On Oct 13, 2017
Sirheny007:

Spacebookers angry
Wetin be una problem??
grin grin grin na so we see am
Re: General Obasanjo Swearing In Col. Buhari As Petroleum Minister 1976 (Throwback) by tpnatuzzi: 11:50am On Oct 13, 2017
I weak my brother.

autotrader014:
In 1976 i was not born, when i was born in 1984, i was told we are the leaders of tommorow. This is 2017, the leaders of the past are still leading us till today.
And you expect this country to move forward? Its not possible..

Can you compair a 1984 Mercedes-Benz with a 2017 Benz? Not comparible in any way..

2 Likes

Re: General Obasanjo Swearing In Col. Buhari As Petroleum Minister 1976 (Throwback) by UbanmeUdie: 11:51am On Oct 13, 2017
shocked

Buhari is a criminal with integrity!

There is nothing Buhari loves more than the ministry of petroleum and NNPC.

Little wonder he has kept the position of minister of petroleum to himself.

Na watin dey sweet goat na dey kill am!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Obasanjo Swearing In Col. Buhari As Petroleum Minister 1976 (Throwback) by DECORCOLOR(m): 11:52am On Oct 13, 2017
I wonder oo.

for your stamp concrete floor that will last longer, pls contact me for your service 07067576703
Re: General Obasanjo Swearing In Col. Buhari As Petroleum Minister 1976 (Throwback) by chrisbaxtian(m): 11:52am On Oct 13, 2017
Rrankdonga:
I'm leaving this country. Anyhow by hook or crook, there's nothing in this place to be proud of.

you can be proud of being in the most populous black nation in the world grin

3 Likes

Re: General Obasanjo Swearing In Col. Buhari As Petroleum Minister 1976 (Throwback) by Bizibi(m): 11:54am On Oct 13, 2017
Wow!!!! No wonder he made himself minister of petroleum....... This man is a bloody hypocrite.

3 Likes

Re: General Obasanjo Swearing In Col. Buhari As Petroleum Minister 1976 (Throwback) by kaymart: 11:55am On Oct 13, 2017
.those days.....when things r quite easier.
Re: General Obasanjo Swearing In Col. Buhari As Petroleum Minister 1976 (Throwback) by jacyhelen(f): 11:57am On Oct 13, 2017
Dosmay:
Gen Obasanjo swearing in Col Buhari as Petroleum Minister,1976. 'Was also appointed as NNPC Chairman in 1976, a position he held until 1978.

Source;http://www.dosmay.com.ng/2017/10/gen-obasanjo-swearing-in-col-buhari-as.html?m=1

History Repeat Itself, Saraki's Father Was Senate Leader When $2.8 Billion Oil Money Developed Wing In NNPC In 1977 Under Buhari, $26B Is Now Missing In 2017 [Hope for Nigeria FAN]
In 1977, $2.8 billion was discovered missing in the NNPC. Guess who was Minister of Petroleum?
Muhammadu Buhari.
Bukola Saraki's father, Olusola, was the senate leader at the time and he headed the committee that was set up to trace the missing money. The money was traced to the Midland bank (U.K) fixed account of Buhari who was Minister of petroleum and head of NNPC then. The Olusola committee presented the report to the House towards end of the shagari regime BUT the House decided to act on it after general elections.
However, on December 31, 1983, Buhari hid under the political commotion that followed the election results to overthrow the Shagari government.
Olusola Saraki granted an interview to Vera Ifudu, an NTA reporter and told her how the missing money had been traced to Buhari's bank account. But Buhari sacked Vera Ifudu immediately from NTA! She challenged her dismissal in court and won. Court also ordered she should be compensated.
Fast forward to Abacha Era. Buhari was appointed as PTF chairman and he brought his family members as consultants and contractors to the PTF. Obasanjo assumed Presidency in 1999 and set up an interim management for the PTF to audit its activities. He was shocked by the outcome.
In November 2000, Obasanjo directed that the PTF should be scrapped and its headquarters handed over to anti-corruptionagencies. OBJ discovered that Buhari's PTF paid out over 9 billion naira to contractors WITH NO WORK DONE! But he covered up because of "army arrangement".
So when i start reading about corruption, NNPC, Buhari in one sentence, it does not surprise me. The man has an history in that field and it is not a pleasant one
Adorah Jacklyn

4 Likes

Re: General Obasanjo Swearing In Col. Buhari As Petroleum Minister 1976 (Throwback) by SMADEvgsg(m): 11:57am On Oct 13, 2017
Sirheny007:

Spacebookers angry Wetin be una problem??
monitoring spirit, wetin be ur own?
Re: General Obasanjo Swearing In Col. Buhari As Petroleum Minister 1976 (Throwback) by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 13, 2017
Adaumunocha:
Power intoxicates.
i like this your name alot, I even pronounce it often after leaving here, nice name.
Re: General Obasanjo Swearing In Col. Buhari As Petroleum Minister 1976 (Throwback) by Nobody: 11:58am On Oct 13, 2017
/bfy8SR
Follow the link and register for online job. This is real.
Re: General Obasanjo Swearing In Col. Buhari As Petroleum Minister 1976 (Throwback) by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 13, 2017
Corrupt idiots, incompetent.

4 Likes

Re: General Obasanjo Swearing In Col. Buhari As Petroleum Minister 1976 (Throwback) by jacyhelen(f): 12:01pm On Oct 13, 2017
History Repeat Itself, Saraki's Father Was Senate Leader When $2.8 Billion Oil Money Developed Wing In NNPC In 1977 Under Buhari, $26B Is Now Missing In 2017 [Hope for Nigeria FAN]
In 1977, $2.8 billion was discovered missing in the NNPC. Guess who was Minister of Petroleum?
Muhammadu Buhari.
Bukola Saraki's father, Olusola, was the senate leader at the time and he headed the committee that was set up to trace the missing money. The money was traced to the Midland bank (U.K) fixed account of Buhari who was Minister of petroleum and head of NNPC then. The Olusola committee presented the report to the House towards end of the shagari regime BUT the House decided to act on it after general elections.
However, on December 31, 1983, Buhari hid under the political commotion that followed the election results to overthrow the Shagari government.
Olusola Saraki granted an interview to Vera Ifudu, an NTA reporter and told her how the missing money had been traced to Buhari's bank account. But Buhari sacked Vera Ifudu immediately from NTA! She challenged her dismissal in court and won. Court also ordered she should be compensated.
Fast forward to Abacha Era. Buhari was appointed as PTF chairman and he brought his family members as consultants and contractors to the PTF. Obasanjo assumed Presidency in 1999 and set up an interim management for the PTF to audit its activities. He was shocked by the outcome.
In November 2000, Obasanjo directed that the PTF should be scrapped and its headquarters handed over to anti-corruptionagencies. OBJ discovered that Buhari's PTF paid out over 9 billion naira to contractors WITH NO WORK DONE! But he covered up because of "army arrangement".
So when i start reading about corruption, NNPC, Buhari in one sentence, it does not surprise me. The man has an history in that field and it is not a pleasant one
Adorah Jacklyn

1 Like

Re: General Obasanjo Swearing In Col. Buhari As Petroleum Minister 1976 (Throwback) by freenortheast: 12:09pm On Oct 13, 2017
Buhari came a long way. Now youths of Buhari days were leaders and committed to lead...Youths of today are losers and are committed to lose. Until and Unless we are ready to take our destiny in our hands and Unite, the Nigerian Youths will always be at the back wagon of Buhari and OBJ.

1 Like

Re: General Obasanjo Swearing In Col. Buhari As Petroleum Minister 1976 (Throwback) by Izonpikin: 12:11pm On Oct 13, 2017
These stark Olodos ruled the petroleum industry back to back and stole from the Niger delta.. old illiterate fools..

They were never engineers or economists.. they never went to school but cluelessly managed hydrocarbons in the delta.. I spit on Nigerians for voting same illiterates back into power.. dead country..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Obasanjo Swearing In Col. Buhari As Petroleum Minister 1976 (Throwback) by OlaMiki: 12:11pm On Oct 13, 2017
see senseless comment ooooooo
SalamRushdie:
That was the day our petroleum industry and NNPC lost focus ,vision and direction .
Re: General Obasanjo Swearing In Col. Buhari As Petroleum Minister 1976 (Throwback) by softthings: 12:13pm On Oct 13, 2017
And he is still the petroleum minister more than forty years after!!!

1 Like

Re: General Obasanjo Swearing In Col. Buhari As Petroleum Minister 1976 (Throwback) by Erifenz: 12:16pm On Oct 13, 2017
Sometimes when reading what is going on in that country called Nigeria it makes my head hot
Re: General Obasanjo Swearing In Col. Buhari As Petroleum Minister 1976 (Throwback) by rollydex: 12:17pm On Oct 13, 2017
After 41 years they are still in government, one is ex president and the current president and minister of petroleum, and you said youths are the leader of tomorrow.
Re: General Obasanjo Swearing In Col. Buhari As Petroleum Minister 1976 (Throwback) by Nobody: 12:18pm On Oct 13, 2017
chukzyfcbb:
Una remember that fela song?
2.8 billion Naira oil money is missing,
Dem set up enquiry,
Dem sey money no lost o,
Dem dabaru everybody,
Supervisor Obasanjo,
Dem say make e no talk o,
Money no lost,
Dem shout again o,
Enquiry kon close o

E no finish E no finish E no finish
pararam
..i waka manny place anywhere in africa... pastor house na him de fine pass
Re: General Obasanjo Swearing In Col. Buhari As Petroleum Minister 1976 (Throwback) by eedrees(m): 12:18pm On Oct 13, 2017
1976!!! Those are the set of people still leading us till 2017
Re: General Obasanjo Swearing In Col. Buhari As Petroleum Minister 1976 (Throwback) by juman(m): 12:19pm On Oct 13, 2017
Those good for nothing generals of useless generation.

Out of greediness they destroyed nigeria.

May all of them go to hell fire.
Re: General Obasanjo Swearing In Col. Buhari As Petroleum Minister 1976 (Throwback) by Paperwhite(m): 12:21pm On Oct 13, 2017
So no today Buhari stint with the corruption ridden NNPC started?
Re: General Obasanjo Swearing In Col. Buhari As Petroleum Minister 1976 (Throwback) by juman(m): 12:22pm On Oct 13, 2017
eedrees:
1976!!!
Those are the set of people still leading us till 2017

Abi.

Enough is enough.

Yet they have no good intention moving nigeria forward.

Just imaging, a great potential country like nigeria became destroyed by the greedy soldiers.
Re: General Obasanjo Swearing In Col. Buhari As Petroleum Minister 1976 (Throwback) by alabiyemmy(m): 12:22pm On Oct 13, 2017
41 years later and he is still the nations petroleum minister. What did he forget there?
Re: General Obasanjo Swearing In Col. Buhari As Petroleum Minister 1976 (Throwback) by 9too1: 12:31pm On Oct 13, 2017
chukzyfcbb:
Una remember that fela song?
2.8 billion Naira oil money is missing,
Dem set up enquiry,
Dem sey money no lost o,
Dem dabaru everybody,
Supervisor Obasanjo,
Dem say make e no talk o,
Money no lost,
Dem shout again o,
Enquiry kon close o

E no finish E no finish E no finish
pararam
In 1977 $2.8billion dollars went missing under Buhari.
In 1997 $500million went missing under Buhari .
Today in 2017, $26billion has gone missing under him.

He hits it every 20years and that year always ends with 7. FFK

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Obasanjo Swearing In Col. Buhari As Petroleum Minister 1976 (Throwback) by agarawu23(m): 12:35pm On Oct 13, 2017
This buhari don dey chase ambition tey-tey
Re: General Obasanjo Swearing In Col. Buhari As Petroleum Minister 1976 (Throwback) by ochardbaby(m): 12:41pm On Oct 13, 2017
autotrader014:
In 1976 i was not born, when i was born in 1984, i was told we are the leaders of tommorow. This is 2017, the leaders of the past are still leading us till today.
And you expect this country to move forward? Its not possible..

Pet Edochies son is contesting for Governor of Anambra state. And i watched with disdain people making stupid comments here, mocking the guy and i wondered if this generation anything good was going to come of it..
How old was buhari wen he became the petroleum minister? We need change, we need young minds, not the type of change APC promised us.

Can you compair a 1984 Mercedes-Benz with a 2017 Benz? Not comparible in any way..

Naija. The country where proffersor dey borrow money from yahoo boy,and go like this in hush voice:::
My brother,you can see what we going through am sure you don't want to go through same thing!

Help promote the youth,travel around the world and see our youths doing good in all fields.come back home and see thugs/robbery bla bla bla.

@ one stage research shows that yahoo helped lowered the rate at which boys joins secret cults. The same computer they used for the games can be used for better opportunities.
Re: General Obasanjo Swearing In Col. Buhari As Petroleum Minister 1976 (Throwback) by bdauran: 12:51pm On Oct 13, 2017
SalamRushdie:
That was the day our petroleum industry and NNPC lost focus ,vision and direction .
Lol! Funny u

1 Like

Re: General Obasanjo Swearing In Col. Buhari As Petroleum Minister 1976 (Throwback) by SMUAG(m): 12:52pm On Oct 13, 2017
kay29000:
Hmm! Obasonjo looks small here.

THAT'S WHEN HE WAS LEARNING HOW TO MASTER HIS THIEVING ABILITIES grin
BUHARI IS REALLY THE GRAND PATRON OF KLEPTOMANIA ASSOCIATION OF NNPC grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MEND Congratulates Buhari / Magu Released After 10 Days In Detention / Bianca Ojukwu Wins Legal Battle Over Ojukwu Estate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.