Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,213 members, 7,836,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself (3154 Views)

Did Jesus Actually Preached Religion? Read Reno Omokri's Response To Muslim Man / Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? / Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by felixomor: 5:44pm On Oct 14, 2017
Goshen360:

Lemme help your showcase your fallacy to the audience and the world?

What is it that connects you to Abraham as your father? Tithe or faith (in Christ)

Btw, you cry like a baby as if you're God or Holy Spirit who confirms a person saved as believe or not.

The bible clearly tells us we have been engrafted into the common wealth of Israel.
I have told you dont waste your time.
Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by Goshen360(m): 5:45pm On Oct 14, 2017
felixomor:

Paying tithe is not a mistake
It is a principle
As you can see.

Principle....based on what scriptures? Btw, what's your definition of principles from scriptures?

U know I have you many questions you kept on avoiding them. Kontinue! grin
Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by felixomor: 5:47pm On Oct 14, 2017
Goshen360:

Principle....based on what scriptures? Btw, what's your definition of principles from scriptures?

U know I have you many questions you kept on avoiding them. Kontinue! grin

Based on the scripture I read abraham and Melchizedek from.
Or you think I got Abraham story from physics textbook?
Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by Goshen360(m): 5:49pm On Oct 14, 2017
felixomor:

The bible clearly tells us we have been engrafted into the common wealth of Israel.
I have told you dont waste your time.

Smh.....I see you're a joker!

Again that we engraved into Israel is not the question. Since Abraham is your father as you claimed, and you follow the example of your father. What does the bible says connect you and your father Abraham in Christ?

Tithe or faith?

2 Likes

Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by felixomor: 6:09pm On Oct 14, 2017
Goshen360:

Smh.....I see you're a joker!

Again that we engraved into Israel is not the question. Since Abraham is your father as you claimed, and you follow the example of your father. What does the bible says connect you and your father Abraham in Christ?

Tithe or faith?

Abraham is the grandfather of Israel
Stretch your mind a little. Sorry
Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by felixomor: 6:17pm On Oct 14, 2017
juncheng:

How many times did Abraham pay the tithe to him, every month for the rest of Abraham's life?
Did Abraham have monthly pay job?
Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by seunmsg(m): 8:27pm On Oct 14, 2017
felixomor:

Did Abraham have monthly pay job?

And people who are not on monthly paying jobs are not forced to pay tithe in your church, right?

1 Like

Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by felixomor: 8:36pm On Oct 14, 2017
seunmsg:

And people who are not on monthly paying jobs are not forced to pay tithe in your church, right?
Pls answer the question
Was Abraham on monthly pay job?
Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by seunmsg(m): 8:45pm On Oct 14, 2017
felixomor:

Pls answer the question
Was Abraham on monthly pay job?

Stop wasting peoples time here if you are not ready for a honest discussion.

3 Likes

Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by felixomor: 8:47pm On Oct 14, 2017
seunmsg:

Stop wasting peoples time here if you are not ready for a honest discussion.
Dont deceive thyself
When u are ready to answer,
Holla me.
Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by SmartyPants(m): 3:16am On Oct 15, 2017
felixomor:

The money Judas was collecting and holding for the group
Do you know where it came from?
Do YOU know where it came from??
Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by SmartyPants(m): 3:24am On Oct 15, 2017
Goshen360:

Permit me to correct you sir if you don't mind....

There's nothing like offering (by the name or used in today's churches) in the new testament. Money collected during worship is not offering but contributions. When you start saying offering, it brings an old testament sense of offerings and how they used to offer rituals to God in their worship in those days.

That's why Malachi said...."in tithes and in offerings...."

Both tithes and offerings are gone in the new covenant.
Hebrews 10: 8-9.
Permit me to correct you: That is wrong.

Paul, in speaking on the rights of an apostle includes the right to raise an offering for personal use.
Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by felixomor: 3:37am On Oct 15, 2017
SmartyPants:

Do YOU know where it came from??
Answer
Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by SmartyPants(m): 4:11am On Oct 15, 2017
felixomor:

Answer
I don't know where it came from. Do you?
Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by Goshen360(m): 4:51am On Oct 15, 2017
SmartyPants:

Permit me to correct you: That is wrong.

Paul, in speaking on the rights of an apostle includes the right to raise an offering for personal use.

My point is he didn't call it OFFERING. when you call something an OFFERING, it means something else. If you think Paul called it OFFERING then show scriptures and I'll admit my fault.

1 Like

Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by chinnyonwu(m): 5:30am On Oct 15, 2017
Hehhe, @op you no want make pastors drive private jets again ne?
Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by Nobody: 5:35am On Oct 15, 2017
What is wrong if members drive the private jet?
chinnyonwu:
Hehhe, @op you no want make pastors drive private jets again ne?
Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by SmartyPants(m): 5:35am On Oct 15, 2017
Goshen360:

My point is he didn't call it OFFERING. when you call something an OFFERING, it means something else. If you think Paul called it OFFERING then show scriptures and I'll admit my fault.

He did call it offering...ill edit this post with the reference soon

Edit: @ Goshen360 I can't find the reference i promised. I seem to recall it quite strongly being mentioned as one of the rights of the Apostles discussed in 1 Corinthians 9, however my research is not showing such, leading me to believe that it might have been the wording of a particular translation which i do not recall.
Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by chinnyonwu(m): 5:46am On Oct 15, 2017
TheTrueApostle:
What is wrong if members drive the private jet?
Absolutely nothing. But no spoil pastor market. Lol
Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by felixomor: 5:59am On Oct 15, 2017
SmartyPants:

I don't know where it came from. Do you?
No, I dont.
The reason I asked the question is because the simpleton i was replying tried to imply that he knew everything about the finances of Jesus Ministry
And the bible never discussed the finances in detail.

He was trying to make it look like he knew everything Jesus did with money.
We dont know.
So nobody should try to discuss what wasnt discussed in detail in the bible.
Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by SmartyPants(m): 6:41am On Oct 15, 2017
felixomor:

No, I dont.
The reason I asked the question is because the simpleton i was replying tried to imply that he knew everything about the finances of Jesus Ministry
And the bible never discussed the finances in detail.

He was trying to make it look like he knew everything Jesus did with money.
We dont know.
So nobody should try to discuss what wasnt discussed in detail in the bible.

Even if all Jesus' practices are not found in the bible, His teachings are. So if He never taught His disciples to pay tithe to Him, then that gives us a very important piece of information

1 Like

Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by felixomor: 6:42am On Oct 15, 2017
SmartyPants:

Even if all Jesus' practices are not found in the bible, His teachings are. So if He never taught His disciples to pay tithe to Him, then that gives us a very important piece of information
Did Jesus teach you to circumcise your male children?
Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by SmartyPants(m): 6:54am On Oct 15, 2017
felixomor:

Did Jesus teach you to circumcise your male children?

No
Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by felixomor: 7:02am On Oct 15, 2017
SmartyPants:

No
So why do you do it?
Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by SmartyPants(m): 10:39am On Oct 15, 2017
felixomor:

So why do you do it?

Do I?
Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by Student125(m): 11:23am On Oct 15, 2017
My candid advise, don't have reasonable discussion with felixomor. He shouldn't be taken serious.
And if he quote me, I already made up mind in the past not to reply him again.

4 Likes

Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 15, 2017
I had written same thing earlier. The guy is as dumb as u can't think, he has no veritable line of argument to summon, and he feels good practising tomfoolery and displaying dilettante ignorance which is quiteannoying
Student125:
My candid advise, don't have reasonable discussion with felixomor. He shouldn't be taken serious.

2 Likes

Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by kullozone(m): 12:19pm On Oct 15, 2017
felixomor:

So if we change tithe to 100% donation,
Will u pay?

Guy, you don make me laugh tire oh! Instead of you to leave the argument for those that are smart and professional bible readers, you kon dey disgrace yourself anyhow cheesy .

1 Like

Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by felixomor: 1:21pm On Oct 15, 2017
kullozone:

Guy, you don make me laugh tire oh! Instead of you to leave the argument for those that are smart and professional bible readers, you kon dey disgrace yourself anyhow cheesy .
Answer or Sharrap
Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by felixomor: 1:22pm On Oct 15, 2017
Student125:
See the irony, simpleton
And u quoted me first.
I Must be giving u sleepless nites.
Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by felixomor: 1:23pm On Oct 15, 2017
TheTrueApostle:
I had [s]written same thing earlier. The guy is as dumb as u can't think, he has no veritable line of argument to summon, and he feels good practising tomfoolery and displaying dilettante ignorance which is quiteannoying[/s]
Lmao grin
Is that all?
Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by SmartyPants(m): 4:12pm On Oct 15, 2017
SmartyPants:

Do I?

@ felixomor you have not answered me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Let All The Evolutionists Come And See Where The Problems Really Lie / Man Buried For One Year Was Still Breathing VIDEO / What Would U Do If Tomorrow Was The End Of The World?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.