Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,054 members, 7,835,561 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself (3146 Views)

Did Jesus Actually Preached Religion? Read Reno Omokri's Response To Muslim Man / Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? / Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by seunmsg(m): 6:43am On Oct 14, 2017
felixomor:

Please go and read Acts
The early Christians sold all their properties and gave to the church
Pls dont kpeme on just 10 percent

Guy, we are talking about tithe here and not donations. Don't use apples to defend oranges. Very disingenuous.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by Goshen360(m): 6:43am On Oct 14, 2017
felixomor:

If Abraham had monthly pay job
Then your comparison will make meaning

Quit playing games brother....who threatened him with curses before he did and how does his tithe became a LAW.....or better still something Christians do on a monthly basis in order to be blessed?

7 Likes

Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by felixomor: 6:45am On Oct 14, 2017
Goshen360:

Quit playing games brother....who threatened him with curses before he did and how does his tithe became a LAW.....or better still something Christians do on a monthly basis in order to be blessed?
That's why Abraham is our father
The man is too faithful
He didn't have to wait to be threatened

Only a goat behaves so
Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by felixomor: 6:46am On Oct 14, 2017
seunmsg:

Guy, we are talking about tithe here and not donations. Don't use apples to defend oranges. Very disingenuous.
So if we change tithe to 100% donation,
Will u pay?
Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by Goshen360(m): 6:47am On Oct 14, 2017
felixomor:

That's why Abraham is our father
The man is too faithful
He didn't have to wait to be threatened

Only a goat behaves so

Smh! We have many things to learn from Abraham then....like ONE time tithe, lies, sleeping with housemaid at permission of our wife etc. Yes or No?

1 Like

Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by felixomor: 6:49am On Oct 14, 2017
Goshen360:

Smh! We have many things to learn from Abraham then....like ONE time tithe, lies, sleeping with housemaid at permission of our wife etc. Yes or No?

Well pple like u can copy his mistakes
Me, I will copy the good ones
Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by Nobody: 6:50am On Oct 14, 2017
My brother, forget that guy, he can see within his mind eyes that he has been scammed all these while, and he's is just too shamed and embarrassed to own up. He feels disgraced, that's why his is trying to muster frail disingenuous defence that holds no water. Abeg forget that guy.

Where are others tithers, let them commout and defend their tithing. I await them , as Felix no longer has what to say.
Goshen360:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by openmine(m): 6:54am On Oct 14, 2017
My belle ohhh grin grin grin
Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by Goshen360(m): 6:56am On Oct 14, 2017
felixomor:

Well pple like u can copy his mistakes
Me, I will copy the good ones

grin grin grin cheesy grin

See as you dey shoot yourself for leg....

grin grin grin

I thought you said he's your father? Don't your like to do or go beyond the exploit of your father?

Yeyenatu.... grin

1 Like

Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by openmine(m): 6:57am On Oct 14, 2017
TheTrueApostle:
My brother, forget that guy, he can see within his mind eyes that he has been scammed all these while, and he's is just too shamed and embarrassed to own up. He feels disgraced, that's why his is trying to muster frail disingenuous defence that holds no water. Abeg forget that guy.

Where are others tithers, let them commout and defend their tithing. I await them , as Felix no longer has what to say.
Exactly!!

1 Like

Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by felixomor: 6:58am On Oct 14, 2017
Goshen360:

grin grin grin cheesy grin

See as you dey shoot yourself for leg....

grin grin grin

I thought you said he's your father? Don't your like to do or go beyond the exploit of your father?

Yeyenatu.... grin

So you copy the mistakes of your father?
People come and see o undecided
Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by hoopLA: 7:06am On Oct 14, 2017
Originakalokalo:

There is a tithe that you eat......at the second year. That's the one you are talking about

Third year, you put your tithe at the gate for widow, poor, Levites, strangers, fatherless etc to eat.deut 14 vs 28 and 29.

There is one for the levites.ie Pastors .Nehemiah 10 vs 37.

Luke 11 vs 42 Jesus said law, judgement, mercy , faith are weightier matters but tithing should not also be left undone.

Sir,
You are a fraud and a liar. No disrespect meant.
Read the first line of the passage you quoted.
The first line says you should set apart your tithe "every year". So how does that translate into just the second year? Or you can't read anymore?
Stop twisting the holy scripture to suit your argument.
You don't know anything about this topic.

5 Likes

Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by Goshen360(m): 7:07am On Oct 14, 2017
felixomor:

So you copy the mistakes of your father?
People come and see o undecided

Which mistake?

Isn't every sin processed in your mind before your actions? What is this one saying? Anyway, lemme go and do my daily work first and come back to you.

1 Like

Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by hoopLA: 7:13am On Oct 14, 2017
Originakalokalo:

Numbers 1:50

But thou shalt appoint the Levites over the tabernacle of testimony, and over all the vessels thereof, and over all things that belong to it: they shall bear the tabernacle, and all the vessels thereof; and they shall minister unto it, and shall encamp round about the tabernacle.

The work of the Levites is the work of the Pastors.

Pls read your Bible.
Another lie.
You cannot go a post without telling bare faced lies.
Somehow you have managed to equate pastors with Levites without any genuine proof, only quoting random scripture without any direct reference.

A levite is simply a descendant of the tribe of Levi.
Please try again to convince us how pastors are Levites.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by felixomor: 7:14am On Oct 14, 2017
Goshen360:

Which mistake?

Isn't every sin processed in your mind before your actions? What is this one saying? Anyway, lemme go and do my daily work first and come back to you.
Do you copy the mistakes of your father?
Yes or No.
Its simple.
Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by hoopLA: 7:27am On Oct 14, 2017
felixomor:

The money Judas was collecting and holding for the group
Do you know where it came from?
Can you explain the above blasphemy with justified proof?
Because you are find of stretching the truth.
Please do so or be quiet.

I'm waiting.
Now watch this fellow tie himself with torturous knots of confusion.

1 Like

Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by openmine(m): 7:37am On Oct 14, 2017
hoopLA:

Can you explain the above blasphemy with justified proof?
Because you are find of stretching the truth.
Please do so or be quiet.

I'm waiting.
Now watch this fellow tie himself with torturous knots of confusion.

grin grin grin grin
Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by bloodofthelamb(m): 7:39am On Oct 14, 2017
Goshen360:

What's your point?

That any other person(s) or tribe (s) can collect tithe? grin grin grin Hebrews 7 also destroyed that argument with ease. And wait a minute, excuse me my ignorance btw, was it Abraham "monthly" income that he tithe to Melchizedek? When did Abraham tithe became a MONTHLY LAW? Who threatened Abraham with curses and accused him of stealing from God before he tithe like these pastors do todays? Is today's tithe being threatened with curse the same as the one of Abraham's?
YOU ARE ON POINT...RIDE ON!... THE ONE THAT ANNOYS ME IS MINISTER OF GOD PREACHING THAT IF YOU DON'T PAY YOUR TITHE, THEIR LIFE AND NOT MINE WILL BE TIGHT...

1 Like

Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by hoopLA: 9:10am On Oct 14, 2017
Mr felixomor
I'm waiting for proof that the money in Judas' care was money from tithe collected by Jesus, according to you.
If you fail to respond appropriately then I take it that you are a liar and a conman.
On the other thread, you have resorted to insults after failing to prove that Hebrews 11 is an endorsement of tithe using faith.

I can give you the benefit of time but I can't wait forever.

Your type is the typical modern day Christian: uninformed, loud, garrulous, intolerant of divergent views.
Your "Jesus" must be weeping at the sight of you and your representation of him, because you are all that he is not.

Please I'm waiting. Show real concise genuine proof, instead of your Jay Jay Okocha step overs with no substance and end product.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by Goshen360(m): 10:47am On Oct 14, 2017
felixomor:

Do you copy the mistakes of your father?
Yes or No.
Its simple.

Again, the actions of Abraham WASN'T A MISTAKE to copy or not to copy. How did I know that? Scripture says, sin is first conceived before it became action. Btw, excuse me, what's your or the definition of mistake?

For the audience, Abraham IS NOT our or my father, I know who my father is but when it comes to FAITH, scriptures say Abraham is our father that is someone we can see examples of faith from. He's not my father as to tithe just as much as he's not my father as to going to war before I tithe from produce of war neither is he my father as to lying nor as to sleeping with the maid at my wife advice. These are all processed actions in his mind NOT A MISTAKE.

2 Likes

Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by felixomor: 12:36pm On Oct 14, 2017
hoopLA:
[s]Mr felixomor
I'm waiting for proof that the money in Judas' care was money from tithe collected by Jesus, according to you.
If you fail to respond appropriately then I take it that you are a liar and a conman.
On the other thread, you have resorted to insults after failing to prove that Hebrews 11 is an endorsement of tithe using faith.

I can give you the benefit of time but I can't wait forever.

Your type is the typical modern day Christian: uninformed, loud, garrulous, intolerant of divergent views.
Your "Jesus" must be weeping at the sight of you and your representation of him, because you are all that he is not.

Please I'm waiting. Show real concise genuine proof, instead of your Jay Jay Okocha step overs with no substance and end product.

Thanks[/s]

I asked a question
Answer it
If u cant, then mute
Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by felixomor: 12:40pm On Oct 14, 2017
Goshen360:

Again, the actions of Abraham WASN'T A MISTAKE to copy or not to copy. How did I know that? Scripture says, sin is first conceived before it became action. Btw, excuse me, what's your or the definition of mistake?

For the audience, Abraham IS NOT our or my father, I know who my father is but when it comes to FAITH, scriptures say Abraham is our father that is someone we can see examples of faith from. He's not my father as to tithe just as much as he's not my father as to going to war before I tithe from produce of war neither is he my father as to lying nor as to sleeping with the maid at my wife advice. These are all processed actions in his mind NOT A MISTAKE.

For me,
Abraham is my father.
And which verse says sin is first conceived in heart of Abraham before he made mistake?

If you say he is not your father, thats your own.
And the way you talk about Abraham and mistake shows you are not a believer.
You can go argue other things.
Dont waste your time here, if you are not a believer.
Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by hoopLA: 1:09pm On Oct 14, 2017
felixomor:

I asked a question
Answer it
If u cant, then mute
Lol.
Fraud has gone and done research and found nothing.
So his best defense is to act defensive.

Bro the joke is on you for making that wild goose claim. Because you are so dense and illiterate you can't even decipher what I meant.

Please show proof that the money Judah's held for the disciples was tithe collected by Jesus.

But apparently you don't have the answer to that. You were the one who made the claim originally but you want to shift the emphasis on me, meanwhile you know what you implied by that question.

See, if you can't engage in an intelligent discourse, stop bringing shame to your Jesus. Your brain should be donated to science to study stupidity.

3 Likes

Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by felixomor: 1:11pm On Oct 14, 2017
hoopLA:

[s]Lol.
Fraud has gone and done research and found nothing.
So his best defense is to act defensive.

Bro the joke is on you for making that wild goose claim. Because you are so dense and illiterate you can't even decipher what I meant.

Please show proof that the money Judah's held for the disciples was tithe collected by Jesus.

But apparently you don't have the answer to that. You were the one who made the claim originally but you want to shift the emphasis on me, meanwhile you know what you implied by that question.

See if you can't engage in an intelligent discourse, stop bringing shame to your Jesus. Your brain should be donated to science to study stupidity[/s].
Dear anencephalic one,
Answer or mute undecided
Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by NPComplete: 3:15pm On Oct 14, 2017
What dishonest Christians like Felixomor won't say is that Abraham didn't pay tithe of his own property ever. He only paid a tithe on the spoils of war. And it wasn't a mandatory payment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by felixomor: 3:20pm On Oct 14, 2017
NPComplete:
What dishonest Christians like Felixomor won't say is that Abraham didn't pay tithe of his own property ever. He only paid a tithe on the spoils of war. And it wasn't a mandatory payment.
What made Abraham to pay tithe
Is what makes Christians pay tithe. Simple

End of discussion
Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by eodavids(m): 4:44pm On Oct 14, 2017
TheTrueApostle:
So I was studying some word of God and came across the bible passage in Deuteronomy, where the Lord instructed moses to tell the children of Israelites to eat their tithing, and if they are unable to take it to the house of God to eat, because of distance, then they should sale them, and use the money to buy "what so ever their souls lusteth after" and eat and wine in merriment.
If this so be the case, why do the Daddy GO's hide this passages from us in church, and only show us the one where a man is told he will die when he steals from God.

Deuteronomy 14:22-29

People of God, what is your take about this?

The People's Apostle.

Op, you have tried.
Did you notice that "TITHE" is not found in the new testament?

The question is why?
I ask why because, the Bible talked extensively about "OFFERING" but did not mention "tithe"

First Corinthians 16:1-2; and Second Corinthians 9:7-8 are very much instructive if any person wishes to give to God acceptably.

To practice tithing in this Christian dispensation is simply going into Judaism for a single practice while rejecting the other components of Judaism such as animal sacrifice, etc.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by Nobody: 5:04pm On Oct 14, 2017
felixomor:

Melchizedek was not a levite
He collected Abrahams tithe

You people who read bible for the sake of argument should stop meddling with what you dont know.

Sincere advice.
How many times did Abraham pay the tithe to him, every month for the rest of Abraham's life?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by Goshen360(m): 5:16pm On Oct 14, 2017
felixomor:

For me,
Abraham is my father.
And which verse says sin is first conceived in heart of Abraham before he made mistake?

If you say he is not your father, thats your own.
And the way you talk about Abraham and mistake shows you are not a believer.
You can go argue other things.
Dont waste your time here, if you are not a believer.

Lemme help your showcase your fallacy to the audience and the world?

What is it that connects you to Abraham as your father? Tithe or faith (in Christ)

Btw, you cry like a baby as if you're God or Holy Spirit who confirms a person saved as believe or not.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by Goshen360(m): 5:25pm On Oct 14, 2017
felixomor:

What made Abraham to pay tithe
Is what makes Christians pay tithe. Simple

End of discussion

Please educate the audience WITH SCRIPTURES what made Abraham PAY tithe? He owed Melchizedek?

By the way, spoils of war was recovered AND THE REST GIVEN BACK TO THE OWNERS....Abraham KEPT NOTHING TO HIMSELF? Do you also practice that from your father Abraham or is that a "mistake" too?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by Goshen360(m): 5:36pm On Oct 14, 2017
eodavids:

Op, you have tried.
Did you notice that "TITHE" is not found in the new testament?

The question is why?
I ask why because, the Bible talked extensively about "OFFERING" but did not mention "tithe"

First Corinthians 16:1-2; and Second Corinthians 9:7-8 are very much instructive if any person wishes to give to God acceptably.

To practice tithing in this Christian dispensation is simply going into Judaism for a single practice while rejecting the other components of Judaism such as animal sacrifice, etc.

Permit me to correct you sir if you don't mind....

There's nothing like offering (by the name or used in today's churches) in the new testament. Money collected during worship is not offering but contributions. When you start saying offering, it brings an old testament sense of offerings and how they used to offer rituals to God in their worship in those days.

That's why Malachi said...."in tithes and in offerings...."

Both tithes and offerings are gone in the new covenant.
Hebrews 10: 8-9.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself by felixomor: 5:41pm On Oct 14, 2017
Goshen360:

Please educate the audience WITH SCRIPTURES what made Abraham PAY tithe? He owed Melchizedek?

By the way, spoils of war was recovered AND THE REST GIVEN BACK TO THE OWNERS....Abraham KEPT NOTHING TO HIMSELF? Do you also practice that from your father Abraham or is that a "mistake" too?

Paying tithe is not a mistake
It is a principle
As you can see.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Work Right On Sabbath Day / Get Paid N5,000 Per Correct Answer To A Bible Quiz Every Week! / Learning About Holy Spirit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.