Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,186 members, 7,822,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite (6069 Views)

You Can Eat Your Tithe. No Nigerian Pastor Is A Levite. / Black Original Bantu (Israelite) Levite Versus Fake Oyinbo Levite / We Can Be As Perfect As God, Here Is How - Pastor Sunday Adelaja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by bloodofthelamb(m): 10:38pm On Oct 14, 2017
An2elect2:
Amen! You sound like someone whose heart is right with God!
SIS, GOD MADE IT POSSIBLE THROUGH HIS SON JESUS...I ONLY RESPONDED TO ALL HE HAS DONE...ALL ADORATION TO THE SOON COMING KING, CHRIST MY LORD!
Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by An2elect2(f): 11:04pm On Oct 14, 2017
Daviddson:
It's alright
See erh there is no need deluding yourselves. You are not more compassionate than God else we would all need to run to you to save and direct us but we know better. If I don't know what I am saying I would never be in this section in the first place. But God opened some eyes to see what the majority cannot see. When we post out of despair sometimes it is because we fear what you will face after now. Try and look beyond some of these posts and see raw love for you all. "Wake up" is what we are saying. I am questioning your Christianity first so you don't run in vain and be zealous for nothing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by An2elect2(f): 11:14pm On Oct 14, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
SIS, GOD MADE IT POSSIBLE THROUGH HIS SON JESUS...I ONLY RESPONDED TO ALL HE HAS DONE...ALL ADORATION TO THE SOON COMING KING, CHRIST MY LORD!
smiley Amen. My favourite preachers for now are John MacArthur, Piper, Douglas Sawyer. You have any?
Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by bloodofthelamb(m): 11:21pm On Oct 14, 2017
An2elect2:
smiley Amen. My favourite preachers for now are John MacArthur, Piper, Douglas Sawyer. You have any?
I FOLLOW JOSEPH PRINCE, PAUL ELLIS AND ALSO JOHN MACARTHUR...
Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by An2elect2(f): 11:23pm On Oct 14, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
I FOLLOW JOSEPH PRINCE, PAUL ELLIS AND ALSO JOHN MACARTHUR...
Fair enough
Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by openmine(m): 12:21am On Oct 15, 2017
felixomor:

Sharrap.
Why was Ananias struck dead?
What did he lie about?
Thats why I pointed you to the story.
Acts 5:3 - 4

Then Peter said, “Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land?

Didn’t it belong to you before it was sold?

And after it was sold, wasn’t the MONEY AT YOUR DISPOSAL?

What made you think of doing such a thing? You have not lied just to human beings but to God.

1 Like

Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by felixomor: 3:39am On Oct 15, 2017
openmine:

Acts 5:3 - 4

Then Peter said, “Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land?

Didn’t it belong to you before it was sold?

And after it was sold, wasn’t the MONEY AT YOUR DISPOSAL?

What made you think of doing such a thing? You have not lied just to human beings but to God.

What lie did Ananias tell?
Does it have to do with removing money from all he was supposed to give?
Simple

Secondly,
You said only Barnabas sold his possessions

Here is what the bible says:

Acts 2:44 - And all that believed were together, and had all things common;

Acts 2:45 - And sold their possessions and goods,

Someone lied that it was only Barnabas.
Just because they dont know the Bible.
Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by openmine(m): 5:45am On Oct 15, 2017
felixomor:

What lie did Ananias tell?
Does it have to do with removing money from all he was supposed to give?
Simple

The scripture i gave is very explicit.....
U just want to see it from ur own view...
Ananias connived with his wife to keep some money for themselves....
But they never needed to lie...You know why?
It was simply because it was their money and they could have decided how much to give Acts 5:4....which was free will
But they preferred to lie just so that they would make others think they gave ALL....

The message from that scripture is clear....Your giving must be determined by U and no what is required!!

Each of you should give what you have DECIDED IN YOUR HEART TO GIVE, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
2 Corinthians 9:7
hence,there was no reason whatsoever for Ananias and his wife to lie simple because it was their money and at their disposal to give whatever they decided from their heart!!

Secondly,

Here is what the bible says:

Acts 2:44 - And all that believed were together, and had all things common;

Acts 2:45 - And sold their possessions and goods,
I guess U mistakenly referred this to me...
But there is some thing U need to grasp about the believers in Acts 4....
When they gave ALL,it based on their decision....simply because they had decided and agreed to give or share every thing they had with others..
There was no law requiring them to give ALL....It was just a combined decision from everyone!

Acts 4:32:
"All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of their possessions was their own, but they shared everything they had.

You said only Barnabas sold his possessions

As for Barnabas,the bible never stated if the field he sold was the only one he had but from what Peter told Ananias before he died,
the money given was at their disposal....in other words,feel free to give whatever U have decided to give from your heart!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by felixomor: 5:56am On Oct 15, 2017
openmine:

The scripture i gave is very explicit.....
U just want to see it from ur own view...
Ananias connived with his wife to keep some money for themselves....
But they never needed to lie...You know why?
It was simply because it was their money and they could have decided how much to give Acts 5:4....which was free will
But they preferred to lie just so that they would make others think they gave ALL....

The message from that scripture is clear....Your giving must be determined by U and no what is required!!

hence,there was no reason whatsoever for Ananias and his wife to lie simple because it was their money and at their disposal to give whatever they decided from their heart!!

I guess U mistakenly referred this to me...
But there is some thing U need to grasp about the believers in Acts 4....
When they gave ALL,it based on their decision....simply because they had decided and agreed to give or share every thing they had with others..
There was no law requiring them to give ALL....It was just a combined decision from everyone!

Acts 4:32:
"All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of their possessions was their own, but they shared everything they had.

As for Barnabas,the bible never stated if the field he sold was the only one he had but from what Peter told Ananias before he died,
the money given was at their disposal....in other words,feel free to give whatever U have decided to give from your heart!!

Good, it was based on their decision
And all of them did it.
They didnt wait abi.

So also tithe should be done cheerfully,
Dont wait to be cajoled before giving
Becos the early Church even gave much more.
Ten percent shouldn't be a problem for you.
Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by openmine(m): 6:15am On Oct 15, 2017
felixomor:

Good, it was based on their decision
And all of them did it.
They didnt wait abi.

So also tithe should be done cheerfully,
Dont wait to be cajoled before giving
Ten percent shouldn't be a problem for you.
Tithe is no free will...Its a requirement from the law of Moses..And totally different from freewill giving..dont be deceived...!

U cant give what is required
U pay for it...Thats what the people of Israel did with food supplements and not money
"Biblical tithe" was an obligation to the people of lsrael like every other law contained in the the law of moses

There was no scripture where the early believers in Acts were asked to tithe
there is no scripture that instructs or obligates believers to part with a tenth of one's income to the church

U initially quoted Hebrews 11
Am still waiting for U to extract a specific verse that either obligates or "freely" instructs believers to tithe

The early Christians GAVE WILLINGLY AND VOLUNTARILY
It was never forced Or REQUIRED on them hence they GAVE MORE!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by felixomor: 6:34am On Oct 15, 2017
openmine:

Tithe is no free will...Its a requirement from the law of Moses..And totally different from freewill giving..dont be deceived...!

U cant give what is required
U pay for it...Thats what the people of Israel did with food supplements and not money
"Biblical tithe" was an obligation to the people of lsrael like every other law contained in the the law of moses

There was no scripture where the early believers in Acts were asked to tithe
there is no scripture that instructs or obligates believers to part with a tenth of one's income to the church

U initially quoted Hebrews 11
Am still waiting for U to extract a specific verse that either obligates or "freely" instructs believers to tithe

The early Christians GAVE WILLINGLY AND VOLUNTARILY
It was never forced Or REQUIRED on them hence they GAVE MORE!
The early Christians gave everything
Thats the fact.

And Tithe was already being done before Moses was born. You seem to find it hard to comprehend that.
Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by openmine(m): 6:51am On Oct 15, 2017
felixomor:

The early Christians gave everything
Thats the fact.

Fine! they did give ALL but were they under any obligation to do so? Absolutely not..
Were they required from scripture to give ALL....? No!

...whether they gave a 100% or 50% or less is not the important thing...The intent is to be benevolent and generous no matter how much U give....This is what delights the lord (2 Corinthians 9:7)
They gave ALL because that is what they decided to do...They were not obeying any LAW when they gave ALL
Acts 4:32 - 35
2 Corinthians 8:1-7
2 corinthians 9:7

And Tithe was already being done before Moses was born. You seem to find it hard to comprehend that.
U seem to be so hell bent on this tithe before Moses...Okay
We all know there was a requirement and obligation as contained in the mosaic law...Right?
Please tell me a "tithe law" that existed during the time of Abraham that compelled or mandated every one at that time to tithe of his or her income to a church " (Thats if a church existed then)
While U are at it, please show with a scripture where "the law of tithe" was declared like that of the "law of moses"

1 Like

Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by felixomor: 6:53am On Oct 15, 2017
openmine:

Fine! they did give ALL but were they under any obligation to do so? Absolutely not..
Were they required from scripture to give ALL....? No!

...whether they gave a 100% or 50% or less is not the important thing...The intent is to be benevolent and generous no matter how much U give....This is what delights the lord (2 Corinthians 9:7)
They gave ALL because that is what they decided to do...They were not obeying any LAW or when they gave ALL
Acts 4:32 - 35
2 Corinthians 8:1-7
2 corinthians 9:7

U seem to be so hell bent on this tithe before Moses...Okay
We all know there was a requirement and obligation as contained in the mosaic law...Right?
Please tell me a "tithe law" that existed during the time of Abraham that compelled or mandated every one at that time to tithe of his or her income to a church " (Thats if a church existed then)
While U are at it, please show with a scripture where "the law of tithe" was declared like that of the "law of moses"

Forget Mosaic Law
There was tithe before Moses came.
Period
Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by openmine(m): 6:56am On Oct 15, 2017
felixomor:

Forget Mosaic Law
There was tithe before Moses came.
Period
U are not being Factual....
If there is,Please prove it with a laid down Law in a specified scripture BEFORE the law of moses ....
Scriptures dont lie....
Show me or swallow ur pride and learn!

1 Like

Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by felixomor: 7:01am On Oct 15, 2017
openmine:

U are not being Factual....
If there is,Please prove it with a laid down Law in a specified scripture before the law of moses ....
Scriptures dont lie....
Show me or swallow ur pride and learn!
Learn what?
Before this thread you never knew tithes existed before Moses.
So assimilate that first.

Secondly, u want to see laid out scripture, then I asked you where in the bible did Jesus lay out that you should circumcise male children?
Since then... Nothing
Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by openmine(m): 7:10am On Oct 15, 2017
felixomor:

Learn what?
Before this thread you never knew tithes existed before Moses.
So assimilate that first.

Okay U said the "tithe law" existed before moses..right...No biggie
Now give me a scripture that obligates or mandates the people who existed then to "tithe"...Thats All i need!

Secondly, u want to see laid out scripture, then I asked you where in the bible did Jesus lay out that you should circumcise male children?
Since then... Nothing
smiley smiley
U are not being sincere....we ain't talking about burnt offering or circumcision!
we ain't talking about the time of Jesus or what he said about male circumcision
We are talking about whether the "tithe requirement" existed before the law of Moses was instituted...
Since U said the law of Tithe was pre-law,Lets centralize and focus our discussion there!

1 Like

Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by felixomor: 7:14am On Oct 15, 2017
openmine:

Okay U said tithe existed right...No biggie
Now give me a scripture that obligates or mandates them to "tithe"...Thats All i need!

smiley smiley
U are not being sincere....we ain't talking about burnt offering or circumcision!
we ain't talking about the time of Jesus or what he said about male circumcision
We are talking about whether the "tithe requirement" existed before the law of Moses was instituted...
Since U said the law of Tithe was pre-law,Lets centralize and focus our discussion there!

Sorry you are not being sincere also.
Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by openmine(m): 7:23am On Oct 15, 2017
felixomor:

Sorry you are not being sincere also.
Please state where am not sincere...I asked U a simple question based on ur assertions!
U said the "tithe law" existed before the Era of moses right...No wahala
I also want to know about it too....
But i need scriptures from the bible,esp the ones before the law of moses was given, to confirm Ur assertions...
It must be backed up with scriptures from the bible!!

2 Likes

Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by felixomor: 7:42am On Oct 15, 2017
openmine:

Please state where am not sincere...I asked U a simple question based on ur assertions!
U said the "tithe law" existed before the Era of moses right...No wahala
I also want to know about it too....
But i need scriptures from the bible,esp the ones before the law of moses was given, to confirm Ur assertions...
It must be backed up with scriptures from the bible!!
Then explain why Abraham paid tithe to a priest before Moses came.
Simple

1 Like

Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by openmine(m): 7:48am On Oct 15, 2017
felixomor:

Then explain why Abraham paid tithe to a priest before Moses came.
Simple
Thats the same thing am saying....
Before the law of moses was instituted,Which "tithe law" obligated or mandated Abraham ?

1 Like

Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by felixomor: 7:50am On Oct 15, 2017
openmine:

Thats the same thing am saying....
Which "tithe law" obligated or mandated Abraham before the law of moses was instituted?
The law that made him pay tithes to priest Melchizedek..
Now answer your question on circumcision.
Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by openmine(m): 7:53am On Oct 15, 2017
felixomor:

The law that made him pay a tithe to priest Melchizedek..
So where is the "tithe law" that Abraham is obeying?
Where is it stated in the scripture?
U have scriptures of it right?
Please present it here!
I want to learn!

Thats not what we are discussing....Lets settle one first before delving into another topic of discus!
Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by felixomor: 8:00am On Oct 15, 2017
openmine:

So where is the "tithe law" that Abraham is obeying?
Where is it stated in the scripture?
U have scriptures of it right?
Please present it here!
I want to learn!

Thats not what we are discussing....Lets settle one first before delving into another topic of discus!

There were no scriptures before Abraham
The laws were with Priest Melchizedek
So dont expect to see them

So now answer your question.
Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by helpee(m): 8:05am On Oct 15, 2017
felixomor:

The law that made him pay tithes to priest Melchizedek..
i followed your argument. I am a Christian but your argument is flawed. And the fact that you are deliberately trying to avoid logic means a lot. Circumcision is not done because jesus asked us to do it. You think its only xtians that do circumcision? It prevents penile cancer. That is why it is still encouraged. Even the new testament has downplayed the importance of physical circumcision and encouraged us to be circumcised in our heart. So i dont do circumcisiom because i am xtian. In africa, long before xtianity, we circumcise both our male and females. The female is now discouraged because of its medical problem while the male is encouraged because of benefit. It has nothing to do with the bible. You must as well think we pay tax because jesus said we should give what belongs to ceazer? No. We pay tax cos it is the law. Has nothing to do with the bible otherwise muslims hinduist etc wont be paying tax

1 Like

Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by openmine(m): 8:12am On Oct 15, 2017
felixomor:

There were no scriptures before Abraham
smiley smiley
Am not refering to pre-Abraham
what Tithe Law was Abraham using during his time on earth?

The laws were with Priest Melchizedek

So state the "tithe laws" that was with the priest Melchizedek before the law of Moses!

So dont expect to see them
grin grin grin grin
Unbelievable!!
So U are following a tithe law that was never stated in the Bible?

So now answer your question.
Bro ur question will be fully answered after U have shown me where tithe law was laid down before the law of Moses was given
Stop this delay tact by running to another topic when U are yet to explain the one in front Of U...is that how U learn?
Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by felixomor: 8:13am On Oct 15, 2017
helpee:
i followed your argument. I am a Christian but your argument is flawed. And the fact that you are deliberately trying to avoid logic means a lot. Circumcision is not done because jesus asked us to do it. You think its only xtians that do circumcision? It prevents penile cancer. That is why it is still encouraged. Even the new testament has downplayed the importance of physical circumcision and encouraged us to be circumcised in our heart. So i dont do circumcisiom because i am xtian. In africa, long before xtianity, we circumcise both our male and females.

The female is now discouraged because of its medical problem while the male is encouraged because of benefit. It has nothing to do with the bible. You must as well think we pay tax because jesus said we should give what belongs to ceazer? No. We pay tax cos it is the law. Has nothing to do with the bible otherwise muslims hinduist etc wont be paying tax
Just like your circumcision prevents cancer
So does tithes prevents financial stress.
Its that simple

Besides, your history of circumcision in Africa is a complete lie.
Even till today, there are many males in africa who are not circumstanced.
There are many who dont even circumcize males
I was specific on male circumcision
But you intentionally brought in female circumcision to pour mud into the argument.
Female circumcision is a different topic because Africans did it to prevent women from adultery.
I caught u there.
Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by felixomor: 8:17am On Oct 15, 2017
openmine:

smiley smiley
Am not refering to pre-Abraham
what Tithe Law was Abraham using during his time on earth?

So state the "tithe laws" that was with the priest Melchizedek before the law of Moses!

grin grin grin grin
Unbelievable!!
So U are following a tithe law that was never stated in the Bible?

Bro ur question will be fully answered after U have shown me where tithe law was laid down before the law of Moses was given
Stop this delay tact by running to another topic when U are yet to explain the one in front Of U...is that how U learn?

Your logic goes like this
because Davids Mother was not mentioned in bible, therefore David had no mother.
Its poor logic.

Abraham paid tithes to a priest
If it was someone else, I would have said maybe it was kind gesture as you wrongly implied.
It was to a priest
So that makes it significant
Priests never acted on their own.
Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by helpee(m): 8:24am On Oct 15, 2017
felixomor:

Just like your circumcision prevents cancer
So does tithes prevents financial stress.
Its that simple

Besides, your history of circumcision in Africa is a complete lie.
Even till today, there are many males in africa who are not circumstanced.
There are many who dont even circumcize males
I was specific on male circumcision
But you intentionally brought in female circumcision to pour mud into the argument.
Female circumcision is a different topic because Africans did it to prevent women from adultery.
I caught u there.
you are funny. I am a medical doctor. We did history of traditional medicine as a course as part of medical sociology/history.So dont say what you dont know about circumcision in africa. Thst some people dont get circumcised does not mean nobody get circumcised like you rightly said that till date some dont get circumcised. To become a man in africa you get circumcised. We had local people whose main occupation was circumcision in those days. They were so revered. And you talk about financial benefit of tithe? That is subjective. I know thousands of tither that cant pay hospital bills, cant feed themselves and rely on tjose not tithing for feeding. Giving has its benefit. But tithing as a compulsory giving is fraud. Let everybody give as the spirit is leading not with a threat your finances will be destroyed unless you give

1 Like

Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by openmine(m): 8:25am On Oct 15, 2017
felixomor:

Your logic goes like this
because Davids Mother was not mentioned in bible, therefore David had no mother.
Its poor logic.

Abraham paid tithes to a priest
If it was someone else, I would have said maybe it was kind gesture as you wrongly implied.
It was to a priest
So that makes it significant
Priests never acted on their own.

Bro U said there was a tithe law that was observed before the law of moses was given
I asked that U provide scriptures to back Ur claim;

U told me its with the priest Melchizedek....(As if the priest was hiding the said law cheesy )
I also asked U to present them and U started using uncoordinated logic to mask ur failure to provide scriptures that prove tithe took place before the law!!
There is no logic here...Just provide it and stop these evasion!
If U don't have scriptures,Ur assertions are weak and hold no water!

1 Like

Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by felixomor: 8:27am On Oct 15, 2017
helpee:
you are funny. I am a medical doctor. We did history of traditional medicine as a course as part of medical sociology/history.So dont say what you dont know about circumcision in africa. Thst some people dont get circumcised does not mean nobody get circumcised like you rightly said that till date some dont get circumcised. To become a man in africa you get circumcised. We had local people whose main occupation was circumcision in those days. They were so revered. And you talk about financial benefit of tithe? That is subjective. I know thousands of tither that cant pay hospital bills, cant feed themselves and rely on tjose not tithing for feeding. Giving has its benefit. But tithing as a compulsory giving is fraud. Let everybody give as the spirit is leading not with a threat your finances will be destroyed unless you give

Oh so male circumcision was done in africa for manhood abi?
But u do yours for babies like Abraham
You see the difference?
Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by felixomor: 8:30am On Oct 15, 2017
openmine:

Bro U said there was a tithe law that was observed before the law of moses was given
I asked that U provide scriptures to back Ur claim;

U told me its with the priest Melchizedek....(As if the priest was hiding the said law cheesy )
I also asked U to present them and U started using uncoordinated logic to mask ur failure to provide scriptures that prove tithe took place before the law!!
There is no logic here...Just provide it and stop these evasion!
If U don't have scriptures,Ur assertions are weak and hold no water!

A priest never acted without God's instruction.
Its simple logic.
Get it
Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by openmine(m): 8:33am On Oct 15, 2017
felixomor:

A priest never acted without God's instruction.
Its simple logic.
Get it

Good! so where is the "instruction by God" to tithe during the time of Abraham as contained in the bible?
Let the real logic be done using scriptures!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Atheist Is An Open Declaration Of Evil Intent? Discuss? / Re: Congrats Joagbaje On Winning The Religion Section Poster Of The Year 2010 / Mysterious Bones Discovered At Mowe. Fossil? (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.