Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite (6009 Views)

You Can Eat Your Tithe. No Nigerian Pastor Is A Levite. / Black Original Bantu (Israelite) Levite Versus Fake Oyinbo Levite / We Can Be As Perfect As God, Here Is How - Pastor Sunday Adelaja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by akeensbussy(m): 10:56pm On Oct 13, 2017
Who told you a pastor is a levite? where do u read that from...your bible..that is a big lie. levites are in Israel. Levites is a lineage...to be entitle to a tithe, u must be a son or daughter of a levite. can u become an Oba in Ile-Ife?
when you are not part of the family.
So, tell me how your pastor suddenly became a levite...lol just because your pastor want to collect tithe, he changes identity to a levite. Religious is a fraud indeed.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by openmine(m): 12:20am On Oct 14, 2017
Some Christians read the bible as if they have been blindfoldedcheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by felixomor: 2:03am On Oct 14, 2017
Melchizedek was not a levite
He collected Abrahams tithe

You people who read bible for the sake of argument should stop meddling with what you dont know.

Sincere advice.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by openmine(m): 2:53am On Oct 14, 2017
felixomor:
Melchizedek was not a levite
He collected Abrahams tithe

You people who read bible for the sake of argument should stop meddling with what you dont know.

Sincere advice.
question what tithe did melchizedek receive?
was abraham obligated by melchizedek to tithe?
I think U are missing the question....he is simply asking if a pastor is a levite.....according to tithers....
And where in the scriptures was a pastor transformed to a levite and ordained to receive or collect tithe?
Please use scripture to justify your claim...no threats sad sad

2 Likes

Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by felixomor: 3:05am On Oct 14, 2017
openmine:

question what tithe did melchizedek receive?
was abraham obligated by melchizedek to tithe?
I think U are missing the question....he is simply asking if a pastor is a levite.....according to tithers....
And where in the scriptures was a pastor transformed to a levite and ordained to receive or collect tithe?
Please use scripture to justify your claim...no threats sad sad

Firstly do you now agree that it is not only levites that collect tithe?
As demonstrated by the Melchizedek example above?
Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by openmine(m): 3:32am On Oct 14, 2017
felixomor:

Firstly do you now agree that it is not only levites that collect tithe?
As demonstrated by the Melchizedek example above?
Yes but based on the mosaic law which mandates tithing...unfortunately,such law didn't exist during the time of Abraham...right? Hence,making use of Melchizedek example is totally wrong....

According to Deuteronomy 14:28 - 29 and i quote:

28 “At the end of every third year you shall bring out the tithe of your produce of that year and store it up within your gates. 29 And the Levite, because he has no portion nor inheritance with you and the STRANGER and the FATHERLESS and the WIDOW who are within your gates, may come and eat and be satisfied, that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hand which you do.

There is one thing U must understand about Abraham's "gesture" to Melchizedek.....There was no LAW OBLIGATING OR MANDATING Abraham to offer a tenth of the plunder to Melchizedek.....however in Deuteronomy 14:22 -29,A specific tribe called Israel were MANDATED AND OBLIGATED based on the MOSAIC LAW to not only tithe to a tribe levites but EAT of their tithe....

while there was a law in Deuteronomy where the people of isreal ate and also offered their tithe to the levites,fatherless,strangers etc,there was no law compelling Abraham to paid Melchizedek anything....Please if there is let me see through scripture

So please i ask once again...which LAW was Abraham obeying by offering a tenth of the plunder to Melchizedek....and please kindly show with scriptures....Please!

4 Likes

Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by felixomor: 3:40am On Oct 14, 2017
openmine:

Yes but based on the mosaic law which mandates tithing...unfortunately,such law didn't exist during the time of Abraham...right? Hence,making use of Melchizedek example is totally wrong....

So why are you quoting Mosaic Law?
We are no longer under Mosaic Law
So dont expect Christians to now pay tithes to Levite only

For your question,
And Please has anyone said categorically that Pastors are Levites?
Please show me the person.
I will correct him and I will explain what the person may be trying to explain.
But first show me the person who says Pastors are Levites.
Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by openmine(m): 3:48am On Oct 14, 2017
felixomor:

I did so becos most tithers hinge their payment based on malachi 3:10 which is part of the mosaic law

Good hence tithe payment for believers is null and void

I would like to know based on scripture who believers should now pay tithes to...

For your question,
And Please has anyone said categorically that Pastors are Levites?
smiley Ofcourse tithers believe pastors and ministers of the gospel are the "present levites" unfortunately they have "zero" scriptures to prove such claim

Please show me the person.
I will correct him and I will explain what the person may be trying to explain.
But first show me the person who says Pastors are Levites.
cheesy cheesy
ask a tither... smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by felixomor: 3:53am On Oct 14, 2017
openmine:

I did so becos most tithers hinge their payment based on malachi 3:10 which is part of the mosaic law
So Malachi is part of mosaic law?
Oh Lord!
Lmao grin

openmine:

Good hence tithe payment for believers is null and void
No its not null and void because you just admitted that tithing was already existing before Mosaic law as shown by Melchizedek.
And it still exists after Mosaic Law
Its common sense

openmine:

I would like to know based on scripture who believers should now pay tithes to...
Believers should pay their tithe to the body of Christ
Simple

openmine:

smiley Ofcourse tithers believe pastors and ministers of the gospel are the "present levites" unfortunately they have "zero" scriptures to prove such claim

cheesy cheesy
ask a tither... smiley
Please show me the so called believers that say pastors are Levites
Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by openmine(m): 4:01am On Oct 14, 2017
felixomor:

So Malachi is part of mosaic law?
Oh Lord!
Lmao grin
Ohh am sorry please remind me when the mosaic law stopped
And please while U are at it. remind me the dispensation malachi was?
Thanks smiley smiley

No its not null and void because you just admitted that tithing was already existing before Mosaic law as shown by Melchizedek.
And it still exists after Mosaic Law
Its common sense
Sorry bro....I never did unless u read what i said upside down....Please kindly quote where i made such thanks smiley

Believers should pay their tithe to the body of Christ
Simple
Cool...i guess U have a scripture for ur assertion....Do U?

Please show me the so called believers that say pastors are Levites
Am sorry bro...i cant help U if U cant ask tithers...am not a tither....only tithers know....thanks

1 Like

Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by felixomor: 4:09am On Oct 14, 2017
openmine:

Ohh am sorry please remind me when the mosaic law stopped
And please while U are at it. remind me the dispensation malachi was?
Thanks smiley smiley

I hope you know in Israel today,
Mosaic law has not stopped?
So your Mosaic law stopping is a vague term.
Besides Malachi is the Word of God spoken by Prophet Malachi
If u want to read Mosaic Law, go to the first five books.

openmine:

Sorry bro....I never did unless u read what i said upside down....Please kindly quote where i made such thanks smiley
Did you admit Abraham paid tithe
Yes or No?
Abraham and Moses, who existed first?

openmine:

Cool...i guess U have a scripture for ur assertion....Do U?
Of course,
The entire Hebrews 11
Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by openmine(m): 4:25am On Oct 14, 2017
felixomor:

I hope you know in Israel today,
Mosaic law has not stopped?
So your Mosaic law stopping is a vague term.

grin grin
This is what U said previously on this thread...

So am wondering...its either U are confused or trying to be clever by half grin grin

Back to ur assertion that mosaic law hasn't stopped please be enlightened and study Hebrews 7:11 - 18...A piece of advise,Follow the scriptures and not what others do...thanks smiley

Did you admit Abraham paid tithe
Yes or No?
Abraham and Moses, who existed first?

This was what i said....
There is one thing U must understand about Abraham's "gesture" to Melchizedek.....There was no LAW OBLIGATING OR MANDATING Abraham to offer a tenth of the plunder to Melchizedek.....however in Deuteronomy 14:22 -29,A specific tribe called Israel were MANDATED AND OBLIGATED based on the MOSAIC LAW to not only tithe to a tribe levites but EAT of their tithe....

Of course,
The entire Hebrews 11
There is nothing on Hebrews 11 that backs Ur claim about "believers giving tithe to the body of Christ"
Can U be a little more specific and quote that scripture so that i can see it in plain black and white? cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by openmine(m): 4:30am On Oct 14, 2017
And Bro felixomor...Lets cut to the chase here and lets stop wasting our time....
I know the game U are trying to play here and U wont be the first tither to do so....
U said U have scriptures to show that we should pay tithes to the body of christ...right?
Please be elaborate and prove ur points....no fencing or mind games....straight to the point....just quote the scripture here!!

2 Likes

Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by felixomor: 4:35am On Oct 14, 2017
openmine:

grin grin
This is what U said previously on this thread...

So am wondering...its either U are confused or trying to be clever by half grin grin

There is difference between "i am under a law" and "law has stopped"

Do I need to break that down in English?
I think not. smiley
Please signify if u want me to.
I will gladly

openmine:

Back to ur assertion that mosaic law hasn't stopped please be enlightened and study Hebrews 7:11 - 18...A piece of advise,Follow the scriptures and not what others do...thanks smiley

Once again you translate "law stopping" as "under the law"

openmine:

There is nothing on Hebrews 11 that backs Ur claim about "believers giving tithe to the body of Christ"
Can U be a little more specific and quote that scripture so that i can see it in plain black and white? cheesy cheesy

Ehen, seriously?
Before i go in on the specifics,

I will like to ask
Are you circumcised? Do you practice Male circumcision?
Please do me a favour and show me where male circumcision is told to be done by Christians in the new testament?
Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by felixomor: 4:38am On Oct 14, 2017
openmine:
And Bro felixomor...Lets cut to the chase here and lets stop wasting our time....
I know the game U are trying to play here and U wont be the first tither to do so....
U said U have scriptures to show that we should pay tithes to the body of christ...right?
Please be elaborate and prove ur points....no fencing or mind games....straight to the point....just quote the scripture here!!

I already did
Read above
Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by openmine(m): 4:42am On Oct 14, 2017
felixomor:

There is difference between "i am under a law" and "law has stopped"

U forgot the scripture i quoted Hebrews 7:18-19
or did U intentionally avoid that? smiley

Do I need to break that down in English?
I think not. smiley
Please signify if u want me to.
I will gladly
Please no insults bro....i provided scriptures so whether U are no longer under the law is inconsequential because the law has been set aside becos it was weak and useless
So far i have used scriptures...U are still yet to show a single scripture that mandates U to tithe to the body of christ smiley
Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by felixomor: 4:49am On Oct 14, 2017
openmine:

U forgot the scripture i quoted Hebrews 7:18-19
or did U intentionally avoid that? smiley

Please no insults bro....i provided scriptures so whether U are no longer under the law is inconsequential because the law has been set aside becos it was weak and useless
So far i have used scriptures...U are still yet to show a single scripture that mandates U to tithe to the body of christ smiley

I told you to show me the Christians who said pastors are levites?
You dodged it

I aksed you a yes or no question on abraham?
You dodged it

I asked you who existed first between abraham and moses?
You dodged it

I asked you whether u practice male circumcision that God told Abraham to be doing ?
You pretended like u didnt see the question.

I pointed you to Hebrews 11
You still claim i showed no scripture.

Good cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by openmine(m): 4:53am On Oct 14, 2017
felixomor:

Once again you translate "law stopping" as "under the law"
Bro its apparent that U avoided the scripture i provided...is it that U are too proud to see ur mistakes and learn or U just trying to be dodgy cheesy
The scripture i quoted states clearly that the mosaic law has given way due to its weakness and uselessness....Its there just swallow ur pride and read it up...while U are at it,U can also read Galatians 3:19-22 and romans 10:4

Ehen, seriously?
Before i go in on the specifics,

I will like to ask
Are you circumcised? Do you practice Male circumcision?
Please do me a favour and show me where male circumcision is told to be done by Christians in the new testament?
This guy... grin grin
Whats up with U?
U are meant to explain or extract a scripture in Hebrews 11 where U claim believers offer tithe to the body of christ...U havent been through with that U are still asking another....
Please quote that scripture where believers are instructed to offer their tithe to the body of christ...
Lets do that first before proceeding to another question Mr dodger cheesy

1 Like

Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by felixomor: 4:54am On Oct 14, 2017
openmine:

Bro its apparent that U avoided the scripture i provided...is it that U are too proud to see ur mistakes and learn or U just trying to be dodgy cheesy
The scripture i quoted states clearly that the mosaic law has given way due to its weakness and uselessness....Its there just swallow ur pride and read it up...while U are at it,U can also read Galatians 3:19-22 and romans 10:4

This guy... grin grin
Whats up with U?
U are meant to explain or extract a scripture in Hebrews 11 where U claim believers offer tithe to the body of christ...U havent been through with that U are still asking another....
Please quote that scripture where believers are instructed to offer their tithe to the body of christ...
Lets do that first before proceeding to another question Mr dodger cheesy

felixomor:

You dodged it

You dodged it

I asked you whether u practice male circumcision that God told Abraham to be doing ?

Good cool

Before you call me dodger
Read that
And Of course its now obvious you are avoiding Abraham in this conversation.
And we all know why.
Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by openmine(m): 5:01am On Oct 14, 2017
felixomor:

You dodged it
I simply did by bringing out a quote for U...and U didnt see it...i guess what U are doing is called selective amnesia cheesy

You dodged it
The question is totally unnessary...but we all know abraham came first...so wats Ur point?

I cant answer a question when U havent cleared urself about Hebrews 11

But there is nothing there that shows believers are instructed to tithe to the body of Christ...
If U think am not seeing well cheesy....please quote the particular verse for me nah grin grin
U are being dodgy

1 Like

Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by openmine(m): 5:06am On Oct 14, 2017
felixomor:

Before you call me dodger
Read that
And Of course its now obvious you are avoiding Abraham in this conversation.
And we all know why.
Am not avoiding Abraham...am simply explaining that what transpired btw Abraham and Melchizedek was nothing more than a kind gesture and can not be used an obligation or commandment...
And yes i do call U a dodger simply because U have quoted a scripture that doesn't justify ur assertions...How does entire hebrew 11 explain that a believer is to tithe to the body of christ...How? cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by felixomor: 5:07am On Oct 14, 2017
openmine:

I simply did by bringing out a quote for U...and U didnt see it...i guess what U are doing is called selective amnesia cheesy
- oh, i thought u said no insults
U break ur own rules
There is no need to descend with u

openmine:

The question is totally unnessary...but we all know abraham came first...so wats Ur point?
- since abraham came first
It means tithing came first before Mosaic law
So common sense simply says tithing was existing before Moses

openmine:

I cant answer a question when U havent cleared urself about Hebrews 11
- U cant answer because it will defeat your argument
Simple truth cool

openmine:

But there is nothing there that shows believers are instructed to tithe to the body of Christ...
If U think am not seeing well cheesy....please quote the particular verse for me nah grin grin

- i promise will,
Just answer my questions on Circumcision first

openmine:

U are being dodgy

Sincerely, I am not.
Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by openmine(m): 5:09am On Oct 14, 2017
Okay bros this is Hebrews 11 in plain black and white.... cheesy cheesy

11 Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. 2 This is what the ancients were commended for.

3 By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.

4 By faith Abel brought God a better offering than Cain did. By faith he was commended as righteous, when God spoke well of his offerings. And by faith Abel still speaks, even though he is dead.

5 By faith Enoch was taken from this life, so that he did not experience death: “He could not be found, because God had taken him away.”[a] For before he was taken, he was commended as one who pleased God. 6 And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

7 By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family. By his faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that is in keeping with faith.

8 By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going. 9 By faith he made his home in the promised land like a stranger in a foreign country; he lived in tents, as did Isaac and Jacob, who were heirs with him of the same promise. 10 For he was looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God. 11 And by faith even Sarah, who was past childbearing age, was enabled to bear children because she[b] considered him faithful who had made the promise. 12 And so from this one man, and he as good as dead, came descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as countless as the sand on the seashore.

13 All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance, admitting that they were foreigners and strangers on earth. 14 People who say such things show that they are looking for a country of their own. 15 If they had been thinking of the country they had left, they would have had opportunity to return. 16 Instead, they were longing for a better country—a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them.

17 By faith Abraham, when God tested him, offered Isaac as a sacrifice. He who had embraced the promises was about to sacrifice his one and only son, 18 even though God had said to him, “It is through Isaac that your offspring will be reckoned.”[c] 19 Abraham reasoned that God could even raise the dead, and so in a manner of speaking he did receive Isaac back from death.

20 By faith Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau in regard to their future.

21 By faith Jacob, when he was dying, blessed each of Joseph’s sons, and worshiped as he leaned on the top of his staff.

22 By faith Joseph, when his end was near, spoke about the exodus of the Israelites from Egypt and gave instructions concerning the burial of his bones.

23 By faith Moses’ parents hid him for three months after he was born, because they saw he was no ordinary child, and they were not afraid of the king’s edict.

24 By faith Moses, when he had grown up, refused to be known as the son of Pharaoh’s daughter. 25 He chose to be mistreated along with the people of God rather than to enjoy the fleeting pleasures of sin. 26 He regarded disgrace for the sake of Christ as of greater value than the treasures of Egypt, because he was looking ahead to his reward. 27 By faith he left Egypt, not fearing the king’s anger; he persevered because he saw him who is invisible. 28 By faith he kept the Passover and the application of blood, so that the destroyer of the firstborn would not touch the firstborn of Israel.

29 By faith the people passed through the Red Sea as on dry land; but when the Egyptians tried to do so, they were drowned.

30 By faith the walls of Jericho fell, after the army had marched around them for seven days.

31 By faith the prostitute Rahab, because she welcomed the spies, was not killed with those who were disobedient.[d]

32 And what more shall I say? I do not have time to tell about Gideon, Barak, Samson and Jephthah, about David and Samuel and the prophets, 33 who through faith conquered kingdoms, administered justice, and gained what was promised; who shut the mouths of lions, 34 quenched the fury of the flames, and escaped the edge of the sword; whose weakness was turned to strength; and who became powerful in battle and routed foreign armies. 35 Women received back their dead, raised to life again. There were others who were tortured, refusing to be released so that they might gain an even better resurrection. 36 Some faced jeers and flogging, and even chains and imprisonment. 37 They were put to death by stoning;[e] they were sawed in two; they were killed by the sword. They went about in sheepskins and goatskins, destitute, persecuted and mistreated— 38 the world was not worthy of them. They wandered in deserts and mountains, living in caves and in holes in the ground.

39 These were all commended for their faith, yet none of them received what had been promised, 40 since God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect.

please show me the particular verse make i learn too
Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by felixomor: 5:11am On Oct 14, 2017
openmine:

Am not avoiding Abraham...am simply explaining that what transpired btw Abraham and Melchizedek was nothing more than a kind gesture and can not be used an obligation or commandment...
And yes i do call U a dodger simply because U have quoted a scripture that doesn't justify ur assertions...How does entire hebrew 11 explain that a believer is to tithe to the body of christ...How? cheesy cheesy
Hehehehehe
Unfortunately even Hebrews 11 doesn't call it kind gesture
The word of God called it tithe
There is nothing like Kind gesture tithe.
And it was paid to Melchizedek the priest
Do you want to write your own bible now?
Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by openmine(m): 5:23am On Oct 14, 2017
felixomor:

- oh, i thought u said no insults
U break ur own rules
There is no need to descend with u
Thats not an insult...thats what U are doing
selective amnesia refers to a deliberate inability (unwillingness) to recall an event's details.
If U see it as an insult,i wholeheartedly apologize...no pun intended

- since abraham came first
It means tithing came first before Mosaic law
So common sense simply says tithing was existing before Moses
Wrong analogy bro....
A principle followed must have a BINDING LAW
Was abraham obligated to give a tenth of the plunder to Melchizedek? absolutely not!
Further more,going by Ur analogy we can also conclude that burnt offering and circumcision came before the law....Does that mean burnt offerings and circumcision is permissible?

- U cant answer because it will defeat your argument
Simple truth cool
I can answer that question without my argument being defeated but its important that we conclude a topic before delving into another in order not to distort my train of thought of which U are intentionally doing smiley

- i promise will,
Just answer my questions on Circumcision first
No biggy....i first asked U
So be bold enough to show me where we are instructed to tithe to the body of christ and i promise to simply answer ur question...cos what U are asking is purely scriptural and not brainwork wink

Sincerely, I am not.
Well its so obvious...its either U are trying to evade the hebrews 11 question or U just quoted it out of the blues

2 Likes

Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by openmine(m): 5:27am On Oct 14, 2017
felixomor:

Hehehehehe
Unfortunately even Hebrews 11 doesn't call it kind gesture
The word of God called it tithe
There is nothing like Kind gesture tithe.
And it was paid to Melchizedek the priest
Do you want to write your own bible now?
Bro Please extract a particular scripture that quotes "believers paying tithe to the body of christ" nah....I have helped U to quote the entire scriptures of hebrews 11....Just a verse or two will do please...Just get straight to the point...no evasive instinct cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by felixomor: 5:32am On Oct 14, 2017
openmine:

Bro Please extract a particular scripture that quotes "believers paying tithe to the body of christ" nah....I have helped U to quote the entire scriptures of hebrews 11....Just a verse or two will do please...Just get straight to the point...no evasive instinct cheesy cheesy

I already told u what to do
By the way, you are yet to show us who said pastors are levites
Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by felixomor: 5:41am On Oct 14, 2017
openmine:

Thats not an insult...thats what U are doing
selective amnesia refers to a deliberate inability (unwillingness) to recall an event's details.
If U see it as an insult,i wholeheartedly apologize...no pun intended
-
So also when I implied u dont understand simple English
It wasnt an insult.
Thats why you translated law stop to mean i am under the law.
No pun intended

openmine:

Wrong analogy bro....
A principle followed must have a BINDING LAW
Was abraham obligated to give a tenth of the plunder to Melchizedek? absolutely not!
Further more,going by Ur analogy we can also conclude that burnt offering and circumcision came before the law....Does that mean burnt offerings and circumcision is permissible?
- again you miss it.
Not all principles have binding law.
I can mention some for you
Thats why I even referred you to circumcision
Unfortunately, you have been dodging

openmine:

I can answer that question without my argument being defeated but its important that we conclude a topic before delving into another in order not to distort my train of thought of which U are intentionally doing smiley
-You cant answer it sorry.
Some questions are automatically answered when u answer others.

openmine:

No biggy....i first asked U
So be bold enough to show me where we are instructed to tithe to the body of christ and i promise to simply answer ur question...cos what U are asking is purely scriptural and not brainwork wink
- i already promised i will show u
Just answer the questions u dodged

openmine:

Well its so obvious...its either U are trying to evade the hebrews 11 question or U just quoted it out of the blues
Fact remains you have never read Hebrews 11
Thats why you could say tithe is kind gesture
Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by openmine(m): 5:41am On Oct 14, 2017
felixomor:

I already told u what to do
Bro are U telling me U cant quote a scripture from hebrews 11 to prove ur point?
If U were so sure of it,U would have easily quoted it...
Come on nah...
Thats no fair cheesy cheesy

By the way, you are yet to show us who said pastors are levites

Go back to previous threads on tithing and U will see tithers who stated clearly that their pastors are the new levites
But i know why U brought up this statement smiley smiley
Please bro stop all dese evasive tactics....Thats not how to learn nah
Haba U are better than this smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by felixomor: 5:44am On Oct 14, 2017
openmine:

Bro are U telling me U cant quote a scripture from hebrews 11 to prove ur point?
If U were so sure of it,U would have easily quoted it...
Come on nah...
Thats no fair cheesy cheesy

Go back to previous threads on tithing and U will see tithers who stated clearly that their pastors are the new levites
But i know why U brought up this statement smiley smiley
Please bro stop all dese evasive tactics....Thats not how to learn nah
Haba U are better than this smiley smiley
Nah
I am simply proving you have never read Hebrews 11
Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by openmine(m): 5:52am On Oct 14, 2017
felixomor:

-
So also when I implied u dont understand simple English
It wasnt an insult.
Thats why you translated law stop to mean i am under the law.
No pun intended
Okay

- again you miss it.
Not all principles have binding law.
I can mention some for you
Thats why I even referred you to circumcision
Unfortunately, you have been dodging
Please do....and also state why according to U...burnt offering and circumcision wasn't included in ur list just like tithing?

-You cant answer it sorry.
Some questions are automatically answered when u answer others.
Thats not up to U...its scriptural bro...there is no brain work there
If there is no scripture backing a something not even ur common sense can prevail

- i already promised i will show u
Just answer the questions u dodged
Bro i still dont understand whats so hard for U to extract verses about ur assertions...still d same evasion...U dont need agrument to prove ur point...U need scriptures...stop fencing around and quote the scripture and save us sum space smiley smiley

Fact remains you have never read Hebrews 11
Thats why you could say tithe is kind gesture
I have read it before several times and i had to read it again unlike U who is too proud to read what U quoted...And yet there is no reference for believers to tithe to the body of christ...
Okay if someone ask U where its stated that U are to tithe to the body of christ which is the church....what verse will be used to justify ur claim?

3 Likes

Re: Tell Me How Pastor Suddenly Became A Levite by openmine(m): 5:59am On Oct 14, 2017
felixomor:

Nah
I am simply proving you have never read Hebrews 11
cheesy cheesy
Ur back and forth with Hebrews 11 isn't helping U...its rather exposing U...cos someone will read that scripture U quoted and wont see believers offering their tithe to the "body of christ"
U cant just quote a scripture without understanding it.....U don't even have a corresponding scripture to back it....So how would U form a doctrine where there is nor anchor scripture....? Chai smiley

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is Your Church Responsible For Your Inability To Follow Christ? / What Is The Importance Of The Empty Tomb Of Jesus? / Misconceptions About The Issue Of Being Born Again In Christianity.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.