Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** - Phones (217) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** (505049 Views)

Infinix Hot 6 Pro X608 Official Discussion Thread / TECNO Camon X/X Pro Official Discussion Thread / Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (347) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by Nellsworld(m): 1:43pm On Feb 25, 2020
busysince1993:

my brother now if they use p70 or g70 SD845 and the hot 8 we bought for 36k5h they increase it to 50k how can we buy it for those of us that are in the middle class. if God received my call now, I am migrating to Samsung, Sony, Hauwei and iPhone, so my brother budget friendly. I can play pubg,Asphat,NOVA and some game
You can play those games on low or moderate mode, i wish u would handle redmi note 8 pro and play pubg or pes 2020, u will see a big difference or handle lg g8 thinq or Samsung galaxy note 10 (sd855 not the exynos) u go see that tecno nor infinix no dey try at all
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by atheistandproud(m): 3:22pm On Feb 25, 2020
From Quora

1 Like

Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by Kalapizim(m): 4:23pm On Feb 25, 2020
atheistandproud:
From Quora
Fact as it is not limited to any brand.
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by busysince1993(m): 6:58pm On Feb 25, 2020
atheistandproud:
From Quora
can you explain minor

Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by atheistandproud(m): 7:01pm On Feb 25, 2020
busysince1993:

can you explain minor

I got the screenshot from the link you posted.
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by Ndissle(m): 10:59pm On Feb 25, 2020
Hi peeps... You can always reach me for assistance in repairs of your mobile phones.. Faults like broken screen, touchpad, may be the phone fell into water and not coming up anymore, slow charging and any other faults phones can have, you can call or whatsapp me on 0803 860 3994. My office is located at no 20 Obafemi Awolowo way computer village ikeja Lagos(3CHUB)
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by eby001(m): 6:28am On Feb 26, 2020
busysince1993:

can you explain minor

Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by photon3106: 9:29am On Feb 26, 2020
MrrKay:

Boss can I get a clue why the mentioned is better

You see brother, don't be fooled by what some think is best simply because they want to make sales. Every phone brand has its shortcomings and I do not say this to defend Infinix or Tecno's alleged 'substandardness' grin

Here is what I'll advise you. If you really want a decent Infinix phone, I'd recommend Infinix S5. I have friends using this phone. Indeed it is a decent device.

However, you can also check Jumia for a list of similarly priced Xiaomi and Nokia phones to better weigh your option.

PS: Let 'what you want in a phone' be your deciding factor and not just mere processor comparisons as there are more to a phone than just PROCESSORS.

1 Like

Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by Nellsworld(m): 9:56am On Feb 26, 2020
photon3106:

You see brother, don't be fooled by what some think is best simply because they want to make sales. Every phone brand has its shortcomings and I do not say this to defend Infinix or Tecno's alleged 'substandardness' grin

Here is what I'll advise you. If you really want a decent Infinix phone, I'd recommend Infinix S5. I have friends using this phone. Indeed it is a decent device.

However, you can also check Jumia for a list of similarly priced Xiaomi and Nokia phones to better weigh your option.

PS: Let 'what you want in a phone' be your deciding factor and not just mere processor comparisons as there are more to a phone than just PROCESSORS.
Infinix note 5 is also good too, its plays almost every games in moderate mode, and its has good camera and it can be upgraded to android 10 which is substandard to pie

1 Like

Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by photon3106: 11:46am On Feb 26, 2020
Nellsworld:

Infinix note 5 is also good too, its plays almost every games in moderate mode, and its has good camera and it can be upgraded to android 10 which is substandard to pie

Devices that come with Android Pie (9.0) out of the box do not have to worry about getting android Q (10.0). Suppose, manufacturer decides to leave these devices at 9.0 which is very unlikely even for infinix, users can still enjoy android 10 through the Google Treble Project ( support for GSI pure stock ROMs)
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by atheistandproud(m): 12:56pm On Feb 26, 2020
photon3106:

So what are they?
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by atheistandproud(m): 2:36pm On Feb 26, 2020
[quote author=eby001 post=86962341]

Shape-shifters

Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by MrrKay(m): 3:22pm On Feb 26, 2020
atheistandproud:

1. Redmi Note 7 (3/32GB) Snapdragon 660, 48mp camera, 4000mAh battery, Gorilla Glass 5 screen protection, Full High Definition display, Gyroscope, Compass, IR blaster to control house appliances

2. Redmi 7 (3/32GB) Snapdragon 632, 12mp camera, Gorilla glass 5 screen protection, High Definition display, 4000mAh battery

3. Redmi 8 (3/32GB) Snapdragon 439, 12mp camera, Gorilla glass 5 screen protection, High Definition display, 5000mAh battery

4. Nokia X5 (3/32GB) Helio P60, 13mp camera, High Definition display, 3060mAh battery.

5. Nokia X6 (4/64GB) Snapdragon 636, 16mp camera, Full High Definition display, Gorilla glass 3 screen protection, 3060mAh battery, Gyroscope, Compass.

6. Samsung A30 (3/32GB) Exynos 7904, 16mp camera, Full High Definition display, gorilla glass 3 screen protection, 4000mAh

All are within your budget. Do some research and help yourself. Cheers.

Thanks Boss
That Redmi something is inviting esp cos of the IR blaster

1 Like

Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by atheistandproud(m): 3:27pm On Feb 26, 2020
MrrKay:

Thanks Boss
That Redmi something is inviting esp cos of the IR blaster

You're welcome sir.
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by photon3106: 3:46pm On Feb 26, 2020
atheistandproud:

So what are they?

I believe you're joking for asking me this because you didn't just start reviewing phones yesterday. Did you? Nevertheless, if you're actually sincere about not knowing that there is more to a phone than just its processor, at this age, then I'd advise you to do your research as I don't know where to start lecturing you ..Furthermore, I'm too busy for sarcasm grin
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by atheistandproud(m): 4:02pm On Feb 26, 2020
photon3106:

I believe you're joking for asking me this because you didn't just start reviewing phones yesterday. Did you? Nevertheless, if you're actually sincere about not knowing that there is more to a phone than just its processor, at this age, then I'd advise you to do your research as I don't know where to start lecturing you ..Furthermore, I'm too busy for sarcasm grin

You don't have to be so defensive. I mean you no slight or harm. I'm just curious that you would say such a thing.

Nothing on a phone runs without the processor. Nothing.

1. Computing tasks/power is done by the cores depending on their arrangements: duo, quad, hexa, octa and even deca. Tasks could be as easy as using the calculator app or streaming live videos to a TV or projector.

2. All camera activities are handled by the ISP (Image Signal Processor), OIS (optical image stabilization), night shots, computational photography software etc.

3. Software (Android or iOS) and other android skins like HiOS and XoS obviously require the processor to run.

4. Calls/Network: the modem for calls and network is located inside the processor. This is why phones using Mediatek 6580 cannot use 4G LTE as it has no 4G receiver embedded in the processor.

5. Connectivity: the modems for Bluetooth and WiFi are located inside the processor as well. The best BT version around is 5.0 I think, off the top of my head.

6. External attachment: inside the processor is where the external attachment receiver is located for USB technology. This is why phones support OTG and others do not despite using the same micro USB charging port.

7. Storage: The ufs flash storage is powered by the processor as well and is used to read it's contents. Storage includes RAM and ROM obviously.

8. Charging and Battery: the processor determines how battery is used or conserved by deciding what cores to run on particular tasks. Fast charging tech is also located in the processor as well. Snapdragon uses Quick Charge (QC) while Mediatek uses Pump charge.

So what's more to the phone than the Processor? If I've missed any please educate me. The comment got me thinking.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by Kalapizim(m): 4:37pm On Feb 26, 2020
atheistandproud is always making sense wink wink

3 Likes

Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by KrazyDave16(m): 4:51pm On Feb 26, 2020
I love arguments like this, I learn new stuff everyday from them

1 Like

Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by atheistandproud(m): 5:26pm On Feb 26, 2020
Kalapizim:
atheistandproud is always making sense wink wink

Sir, I was surprised at the statement. That's all. It went against everything I have read and learnt. I was hoping he'd tell me why. I don't want to quarrel or insult anyone. That was my hope.

1 Like

Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by busysince1993(m): 6:48pm On Feb 26, 2020
atheistandproud:

You don't have to be so defensive. I mean you no slight or harm. I'm just curious that you would say such a thing.

1. Computing tasks/power is done by the cores depending on their arrangements: duo, quad, hexa, octa and even deca. Tasks could be as easy as using the calculator app or streaming live videos to a TV or projector.

2. All camera activities are handled by the ISP (Image Signal Processor), OIS (optical image stabilization), night shots, computational photography software etc.

3. Software (Android or iOS) and other android skins like HiOS and XoS obviously require the processor to run.

4. Calls/Network: the modem for calls and network is located inside the processor. This is why phones using Mediatek 6580 cannot use 4G LTE as it has no 4G receiver embedded in the processor.

5. Connectivity: the modems for Bluetooth and WiFi are located inside the processor as well. The best BT version around is 5.0 I think, off the top of my head.

6. External attachment: inside the processor is where the external attachment receiver is located for USB technology. This is why phones support OTG and others do not despite using the same micro USB charging port.

7. Storage: The ufs flash storage is powered by the processor as well and is used to read it's contents. Storage includes RAM and ROM obviously.

8. Charging and Battery: the processor determines how battery is used or conserved by deciding what cores to run on particular tasks. Fast charging tech is also located in the processor as well. Snapdragon uses Quick Charge (QC) while Mediatek uses Pump charge.

So what's more to the phone than the Processor? If I've missed any please educate me. The comment got me thinking.
God, Hatred will not kill you
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by busysince1993(m): 6:49pm On Feb 26, 2020
atheistandproud:

tell me the function of Operating system, Don't be blind by hatred shoo
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by atheistandproud(m): 7:10pm On Feb 26, 2020
busysince1993:

tell me the function of Operating system, Don't be blind by hatred shoo

This is will be the last time I'll quote you.

You as an individual possess certain unwholesome characteristics which need serious introspection.

1. You're dishonest
2. You shift goalposts
3. You never admit wrongs even when it's glaring
4. You nitpick
5. You do not fact check
6. You're illogical
7. You seek for problems even where there are none.

Currently what you're doing is "gaslighting" and "projecting". Both of which sum up your narcissistic personality and tendencies.

One of the rules of logical debate is that you never attack an individual's personality. It amounts to an "ad hominem". Unfortunately since you have done so, I have no option but to address you accordingly.

I have not insulted anyone, yet you accuse me of hatred. Even Itzneowizy (sorry for the mention), cannot accuse me of such despite the issues we've had in the past.

Photon made a statement which I perceived to be incorrect and I stated my points as to why I thought so. It's up to him to provide a counter view. That is how it is done between civilized and educated people.

One of the basic rules of psychology is that when someone "projects" a tag on someone else, it tells more about them than the individual they're trying to label. I know that even if I answer your question, you'll simply shift goalposts (as usual).

Go and do a mental self re-evaluation sir. Have a good day. You've earned yourself a place on my ignore list.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by BoluwajiPieters: 7:52pm On Feb 26, 2020
atheistandproud:

I doff my hat! Very well said!

2 Likes

Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by photon3106: 7:55pm On Feb 26, 2020
atheistandproud:

Nothing runs on a phone without the battery. So what's more to the phone than the battery? grin

First, I was not being defensive and second, I commend the breakdown you have got there. I won't go into much technical detail in pointing out few things.

STATEMENT: There is more to a Phone than just Processor!

The human brain is the center of cognition and consciousness. In fact, it is the heart of what makes man human. Take a way the brain, then a dummy body of a human is created. Consider the eye and the ear as input devices and the brain (Processor). Without the processor, the input devices are very much insignificant. Therefore, there is NOTHING MORE TO HUMAN THAN JUST BRAINS! Hence, having defective (substandard) input devices (dumb ears and sight defects) does not affect the efficiency and optimal performance of the processor (brain). This is invalid conclusion because a pair of blind eyes and non functional ear simply puts the brain in darkness of what it ought to be processing at an instant. The processor is only good at what it does - PROCESSING!

I'll summarise all you've said into the following outline and point out why the processor of a mobile phone isn't the all-seeing and almighty part.

Inorder to see the processor for what it is, one must understand some basics. These are:

1. Hardware design: Every hardware design comprises of input, output and processing component. Most of what you mentioned fall under this category. The ISP for camera, the radio controller for wireless connectivity, usb controller, storage controller, SDRAM controller, digitizer controller, GPU and the processing die/dice (aka central processor) are individual components. However owing to advancement in technology, most of these components are now being made on to a single chip to form what is called system on chip (SOC). An SOC is a single package hardware. Yet, not all SOCs contain these component. A good example is the Infinix Note 2 with the MTK6753 SOC but without LTE support and the beautiful infinix Hot S having the same SOC but with LTE support. Talking about storage controllers, not all manufacturer include a storage controller on their SOC. Blackberry for example has a rather unique design for their android device ( a design that enhances security and protection of personal data). Sony flagship phones have a separate sound signal processor that is not part of the SOC to enhance and support the Bravia Engine. These among others means; whether the SOC (commonly refered to as processor) contains these components or not does not change it from being a piece of hardware that depends solely on other basic parts.

2. Software design and implementation: This consists of the OS (Android in this case), GUI (Graphic user interface), API (application interface) and the middle man called KERNEL. The kernel contains hardware drivers and other necessary system level files that enables your software (user and system software) to interact with your available hardware. The combined load of input and output signals (incoming signal to the processor, processed outgoing signals from the processor) are solely the processor's computing task. Imaging processing softwares, power management, fingerprint behaviour,modem stability etc all depends on a well developed software to function properly. Even a poorly designed UI (e.g xos, miui, sense...) is enough to bring down the power of the mightiest mobile processor. Proper scheduling of tasks translate to better multitasking ability and over all enjoyable resposiveness. as important as scheduling is, the processor needs your kernel to be able to successfully compute its tasks.

What is the point of having the world's best processor in a phone with buggy ROM if there is NOTHING MORE THAN JUST PROCESSOR IN A PHONE?

A friend once asked me, which one is more important: Chipset or Ram size? I told him: both! When he persisted, I said: 'I'd prefer an MTK6572 with sufficient RAM size (say 2gb) to a phone of SnapDragon 845 and 512Mb. Why? because my Processor never runs out of memory to work with. It's simply a matter of slow and steady VS fast and erratic grin

Take a look at Apple... iOS does not require a heavy duty processor to work or ram sizes at the extremes of 6gb to outperfom most high end android devices. Why? This is because the software is different. One is more efficient and optimized than the other.

TAKE AWAY THE PROCESSOR, THEN YOU HAVE A DUMMY. TAKE AWAY OTHER PARTS AND COMPONENTS, THEN YOU HAVE AN ENCASED SLAB OF CHIP.

In conclusion, Infinix and other non transsion (xiaomi and Nokia for example) all consider several other features when procucing for a target market. So merely checking the spec sheet of a typical Infinix with Helio P22 does not automatically make it a poor-performance device because you just have to handle one to be able to decide.

Hence my advice: 'LET WHAT YOU WANT IN A PHONE AND WHAT YOU WANT THE PHONE FOR' BE YOUR DECIDING FACTOR.

SMARTPHONES ARE NOT JUST ABOUT PROCESSORS. PLS NOTE!

2 Likes

Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by eby001(m): 9:55pm On Feb 26, 2020
photon3106:

Nothing runs on a phone without the battery. So what's more to the phone than the battery? grin

First, I was not being defensive and second, I commend the breakdown you have got there. I won't go into much technical detail in pointing out few things.

The human brain is the center of cognition and consciousness. In fact, it is the heart of what makes man human. Take a way the brain, then a dummy body of a human is created. Consider the eye and the ear as input devices and the brain (Processor). Without the processor, the input devices are very much insignificant. Therefore, there is NOTHING MORE TO HUMAN THAN JUST BRAINS! Hence, having defective (substandard) input devices (dumb ears and sight defects) does not affect the efficiency and optimal performance of the processor (brain). This is invalid conclusion because a pair of blind eyes and non functional ear simply puts the brain in darkness of what it ought to be processing at an instant. The processor is only good at what it does - PROCESSING!

I'll summarise all you've said into the following outline and point out why the processor of a mobile phone isn't the all-seeing and almighty part.

Inorder to see the processor for what it is, one must understand some basics. These are:

1. Hardware design: Every hardware design comprises of input, output and processing component. Most of what you mentioned fall under this category. The ISP for camera, the radio controller for wireless connectivity, usb controller, storage controller, SDRAM controller, digitizer controller, GPU and the processing die/dice (aka central processor) are individual components. However owing to advancement in technology, most of these components are now being made on to a single chip to form what is called system on chip (SOC). An SOC is a single package hardware. Yet, not all SOCs contain these component. A good example is the Infinix Note 2 with the MTK6753 SOC but without LTE support and the beautiful infinix Hot S having the same SOC but with LTE support. Talking about storage controllers, not all manufacturer include a storage controller on their SOC. Blackberry for example has a rather unique design for their android device ( a design that enhances security and protection of personal data). Sony flagship phones have a separate sound signal processor that is not part of the SOC to enhance and support the Bravia Engine. These among others means; whether the SOC (commonly refered to as processor) contains these components or not does not change it from being a piece of hardware that depends solely on other basic parts.

2. Software design and implementation: This consists of the OS (Android in this case), GUI (Graphic user interface), API (application interface) and the middle man called KERNEL. The kernel contains hardware drivers and other necessary system level files that enables your software (user and system software) to interact with your available hardware. The combined load of input and output signals (incoming signal to the processor, processed outgoing signals from the processor) are solely the processor's computing task. Imaging processing softwares, power management, fingerprint behaviour,modem stability etc all depends on a well developed software to function properly. Even a poorly designed UI (e.g xos, miui, sense...) is enough to bring down the power of the mightiest mobile processor. Proper scheduling of tasks translate to better multitasking ability and over all enjoyable resposiveness. as important as scheduling is, the processor needs your kernel to be able to successfully compute its tasks.

What is the point of having the world's best processor in a phone with buggy ROM if there is NOTHING MORE THAN JUST PROCESSOR IN A PHONE?

A friend once asked me, which one is more important: Chipset or Ram size? I told him: both! When he persisted, I said: 'I'd prefer an MTK6572 with sufficient RAM size (say 2gb) to a phone of SnapDragon 845 and 512Mb. Why? because my Processor never runs out of memory to work with. It's simply a matter of slow and steady VS fast and erratic grin

Take a look at Apple... iOS does not require a heavy duty processor to work or ram sizes at the extremes of 6gb to outperfom most high end android devices. Why? This is because the software is different. One is more efficient and optimized than the other.

TAKE AWAY THE PROCESSOR, THEN YOU HAVE A DUMMY. TAKE AWAY OTHER PARTS AND COMPONENTS, THEN YOU HAVE AN ENCASED SLAB OF CHIP.

In conclusion, Infinix and other non transsion (xiaomi and Nokia for example) all consider several other features when procucing for a target market. So merely checking the spec sheet of a typical Infinix with Helio P22 does not automatically make it a poor-performance device because you just have to handle one to be able to decide.

Hence my advice: 'LET WHAT YOU WANT IN A PHONE AND WHAT YOU WANT THE PHONE FOR' BE YOUR DECIDING FACTOR.

Going by the example you gave your friend: optimum, underclock/underutilize or overclock/overutilize
I don't want to claim techy or what is not. My question is:
Why always Helio p22? It's getting boring, transion is just painting mtk in bad light like a company that's not innovative.

1 Like

Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by atheistandproud(m): 10:05pm On Feb 26, 2020
photon3106:

I have read and digested what you have said, and I believe I get your point.

Beyond the processor, you've got hardware (design, screen, display panel, input/output components) etc. I get you. Completely. And I agree. Put a good processor in a ugly phone and people may not buy it or run a buggy ROM on the processor and it will lag etc.

As a graduate of Physiology, I'll tell you that the heart works off the autonomic nervous system which is controlled by the medulla in the brain so henceforth, no brain, no heart circulation. Secondly, emotions that make one human are found in the amygdala, which is also located in the brain. Everything that runs in the body is processed and coordinated by the brain.

Same also in the smartphone. These other parts you've mentioned help the processor do it's job and without them, the processor may fail to do it's job properly. Yes. I agree with you. Totally. But whilst the processor may cope without them, they will not work AT ALL without the processor. Note that, no processor, no phone. People root phones and swap ROMs like girlfriends, but you can't swap your SoC from that motherboard. Kernels and drivers can be deleted and reinstalled. You get my point.

Finally, I have to say, what everyone finds important in a phone is what they should go for. On that basis, I completely agree with you. I concede that point to you.

Thank you very much for your well though out reply. This thread can become good again if we trade tackles like this and teach each other. I'm happy to concede points to you. Thank you again.

2 Likes

Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by kajsa08: 12:33pm On Feb 27, 2020
Hello, my Infinix hot 6 is restarting and just showing the Infinix logo.

What could be the problem please?
Do I flash it?
Your helpful responses are needed.
Thanks
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by Ayebaeapretai(f): 12:52pm On Feb 27, 2020
kajsa08:
Hello, my Infinix hot 6 is restarting and just showing the Infinix logo.

What could be the problem please?
Do I flash it?
Your helpful responses are needed.
Thanks
I suggest you have it looked at carl care, software iss
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by Nobody: 10:56pm On Feb 27, 2020
Pls,I need help.The OTG on my android device switch back on after I disable it leading to display of "connected to other device successfully"repeatedly on my phone screen.How do I fix it because it is very annoying?

Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by photon3106: 9:35am On Feb 28, 2020
Kolombz:
Pls,I need help.The OTG on my android device switch back on after I disable it leading to display of "connected to other device successfully"repeatedly on my phone screen.How do I fix it because it is very annoying?

Good morning. If you're still under warranty, you should take it to CarlCare. Otherwise, you should give it to a competent technician to have the usb port checked.
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by ssoofftt(m): 11:39am On Feb 28, 2020
good morning house please how much is infinix Hot 8 new one in Lagos its urgent

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (347) (Reply)

Free Blackberry Unlocking Codes (NOT BLACKBERRY 10 DEVICES) / Airtel Bb Plan On Android / Can Nokia Asha 200 Download Whatsapp?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.