Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,098 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

My Friend Is Being Scammed, I Need Help For Her - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Friend Is Being Scammed, I Need Help For Her (3366 Views)

My Friend Mistakenly Verified A Code Sent By An Unknown Source On WhatsApp / I Just Got Scammed / See What My Crazy Friend Is Doing .............. To ME !!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Friend Is Being Scammed, I Need Help For Her by Jerewise332(m): 5:58pm On Oct 21, 2020
Greetings my follow nairalanders, I've been a bonafide member of naira land for years now though I'm not used to commenting or posting but I've been following all the threads here. Recently one of my female friend called me and told me that she wants to buy an iPhone from someone, I think she might've know the person before now, so I was happy for her though I tried advising her to use the money and start up small business since federal Universities are still on strike, she didn't adhere to my advice and I noticed that she didn't like the advice either, I asked her where the person she wants to buy the iphone from,she said he's from Akwa Ibom but lives in Delta State and this my friend is currently at Abia state now,all I could say was be very careful. To cut the long story short.she transferred about 60k to the guy's account, expecting to receive the phone yesterday, the guy said the driver disappointed him and bra bra that she should not be worried that 10am today she will get her phone at the park. Right now she hasn't receive the phone, refund back the money no respond from the guy. I've been calling the guy since morning, he's not picking up. Please is there anyway she could get her money back because right now she's crying. Thanks for your advice!

1 Like

Re: My Friend Is Being Scammed, I Need Help For Her by mariahAngel(f): 6:01pm On Oct 21, 2020
All I can say is she should take heart. sad

21 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Being Scammed, I Need Help For Her by ellapius(f): 6:08pm On Oct 21, 2020
it's bla bla blamot bra bra

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Is Being Scammed, I Need Help For Her by Jerewise332(m): 6:10pm On Oct 21, 2020
mariahAngel:
All I can say is she should take heart. sad

Hmmm thanks wink
Re: My Friend Is Being Scammed, I Need Help For Her by Jerewise332(m): 6:11pm On Oct 21, 2020
ellapius:

I stand to be corrected
Thanks

1 Like

Re: My Friend Is Being Scammed, I Need Help For Her by blazepascal(m): 6:26pm On Oct 21, 2020
girls can do anything just to own a phone how can you transfer 60k just like that FORGET IT THE MONEY IS NOT REFUNDABLE TRUST ME NA NAIJA U DEY NA

13 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Being Scammed, I Need Help For Her by MikeMicheal(m): 6:28pm On Oct 21, 2020
THAT MONEY IS GONE FOR GOOD. grin

With the way things are in the country right now, no police have the bleeping time to start going after one 60k scammer you foolishly transfered to.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Is Being Scammed, I Need Help For Her by blazepascal(m): 6:41pm On Oct 21, 2020
I envy the guy he did a successful job if only our clients go dey mumu like this girl we go dey cashout daily

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Is Being Scammed, I Need Help For Her by tayo60(f): 6:58pm On Oct 21, 2020
See Aunty wey mumu
U no see d phone first, u dey transfer money? Who does that this day? Shey she no hear d word "pay on delivery"? If d guy no gree, na by force to buy from him? Her mumu don do. Next time she go wise up!

3 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Being Scammed, I Need Help For Her by Jerewise332(m): 7:07pm On Oct 21, 2020
blazepascal:
girls can do anything just to own a phone how can you transfer 60k just like that FORGET IT THE MONEY IS NOT REFUNDABLE TRUST ME NA NAIJA U DEY NA

I try to reason am ohh but she no hear

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Is Being Scammed, I Need Help For Her by duduade: 7:15pm On Oct 21, 2020
Lool

Forget the money

And you say she's an undergraduate..

Undergraduate with no sense at all

Fish brain

I am sure she scammed some boys to get that 60k.. Because if she had worked hard to save that money she would have listened to your advice...

Just tell her the boy she transferred money to had been killed in a protest

Let her forget

Next time she won't make such a mistake

5 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Being Scammed, I Need Help For Her by Jerewise332(m): 7:28pm On Oct 21, 2020
duduade:
Lool

Forget the money

Fish brain

I am sure she scammed some boys to get that 60k.. Because if she had worked hard to save that money she would have listened to your advice...

Let her forget

Ah swr funny u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Friend Is Being Scammed, I Need Help For Her by Flytime: 7:35pm On Oct 21, 2020
Girls would do anything for clout
On top say she wants use iPhone make people dey hail her abi wetin

It sure me say if na Android she for calm down go store

Why would you transfer money without receiving the device, no be the driver she suppose give money

Anyway this would teach her a lesson..some people need go learn the hard way to know right from wrong
We all probably have passed through that stage at a point in life, especially since she's a school student who was that gullible to throw away her hard earned money and would most likely end up with one yeye phone

Scammers wey see this post fit dey target school girls now

1 Like

Re: My Friend Is Being Scammed, I Need Help For Her by Elvis8236(m): 7:42pm On Oct 21, 2020
She could actually get her money bank, take the following steps

• Have her screenshot records of the conversation with the seller.
• Evidence of transfer she made, the account number for which it was sent to.
• Notify your bank about being a victim of fraudster with evidence of conversation and transfer, phone number...
• Notify the recipients bank about what transpired, evidence of your conversations and transfer made, phone number...

If all goes well the recipients bank will send a letter to the recipients physical address notifying him or her about his or her involvement in fraudulent activity, with stern warning to involve authorities if not rectified with the victim.

Inorder to avoid trouble the scammer will have no choice than to refund you. Please let's be wise do not because of greed or material desire let anyone defraud you.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Friend Is Being Scammed, I Need Help For Her by KrazyDave16(m): 8:07pm On Oct 21, 2020
Elvis8236:

• Notify your bank about being a victim of fraudster with evidence of conversation and transfer, phone number...
• Notify the recipients bank about what transpired, evidence of your conversations and transfer made, phone number...

If all goes well the recipients bank will send a letter to the recipients physical address notifying him or her about his or her involvement in fraudulent activity, with stern warning to involve authorities if not rectified with the victim.

Inorder to avoid trouble the scammer will have no choice than to refund you. Please let's be wise do not because of greed or material desire let anyone defraud you.
Jerewise332 follow this, it worked for a person who was scammed weeks ago via some WhatsApp TV.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Is Being Scammed, I Need Help For Her by newharddrives(m): 8:58pm On Oct 21, 2020
ellapius:
savage grin

1 Like

Re: My Friend Is Being Scammed, I Need Help For Her by Jerewise332(m): 9:00pm On Oct 21, 2020
Elvis8236:

Yeah thanks very much, this is actually what I was looking for
Re: My Friend Is Being Scammed, I Need Help For Her by Jerewise332(m): 9:43pm On Oct 21, 2020
thowbie7ven:
Maybe na bra the brother comot from the girl body

Is not funny bro

1 Like

Re: My Friend Is Being Scammed, I Need Help For Her by MrBONE2(m): 10:10pm On Oct 21, 2020
duduade:
Lool

Forget the money

Fish brain

Let her forget

grin

Re: My Friend Is Being Scammed, I Need Help For Her by Kingdemu: 11:11pm On Oct 21, 2020
May he peaceful protesters don kill the guy in the ongoing peaceful protest.
Re: My Friend Is Being Scammed, I Need Help For Her by Collins4u1(m): 12:41am On Oct 22, 2020
Hahahahahahahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin quest to own an iPhone
Re: My Friend Is Being Scammed, I Need Help For Her by howfarseun(m): 7:37am On Oct 22, 2020
No female friends anywhere, na u be the victim
Re: My Friend Is Being Scammed, I Need Help For Her by blazepascal(m): 8:36am On Oct 22, 2020
Jerewise332:

I try to reason am ohh but she no hear
she go use this one learn lesson
Re: My Friend Is Being Scammed, I Need Help For Her by typicalgamer(m): 8:59am On Oct 22, 2020
duduade:
Lool

Forget the money

Fish brain

Let her forget

There's a difference between being a graduate and being Street smart

1 Like

Re: My Friend Is Being Scammed, I Need Help For Her by typicalgamer(m): 8:59am On Oct 22, 2020
howfarseun:

This is deep
Re: My Friend Is Being Scammed, I Need Help For Her by Dreyton36: 9:33am On Oct 22, 2020
I feel sorry for you friend
This will teach her a lesson never to transact blindly next time
Let her just go to the bank if they can help
Re: My Friend Is Being Scammed, I Need Help For Her by Jerewise332(m): 9:45am On Oct 22, 2020
howfarseun:

See I'm not the type that hunts for flashy things
Besides if I want to own an iPhone now i'll get it financial constraint not withstanding just that I'm contented with what I've. What happened was that, after she was being scammed she called me cos I'm her closest friend, explained everything to me, I was left with no option than to get the guy's phone number make a call and all to no avail. I had to bring the whole thing here for help. I am not the victim!!

1 Like

Re: My Friend Is Being Scammed, I Need Help For Her by Jerewise332(m): 9:55am On Oct 22, 2020
Dreyton36:
I feel sorry for you friend
This will teach her a lesson never to transact blindly next time
Let her just go to the bank if they can help

Thanks I'll relate to her

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Activate Your Verve Card For Online Transaction In Nigeria / K-mous Mobile Android For Sale @14k / Jiji Scam: Middleman Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.