Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,495 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

Ambode Unveils Fela Kuti Statue, Visits Kalakuta Museum (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Unveils Fela Kuti Statue, Visits Kalakuta Museum (Photos) (55996 Views)

Pictures As Osinbajo Visits The National War Museum In Umuahia / Chinua Achebe And Fela Kuti In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) / Ambode Unveils Free Public Wi-fi At Muri Okunola Park (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode Unveils Fela Kuti Statue, Visits Kalakuta Museum (Photos) by policy12: 11:43pm On Oct 15, 2017
mykh01:

Splendid

Thank you, I am really grateful.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Unveils Fela Kuti Statue, Visits Kalakuta Museum (Photos) by Sleyanya1(m): 11:44pm On Oct 15, 2017
Lloydfolarin:
Igbos! Igbos! Igbos!

If the statue in Owerri was erected in recognition of a Yoruba or Hausa man contribution to their region, this hate-personified children of South East ll be here by now screaming, whining, lamenting, crying and wailing against Yorubas or other Nigerians.

The children of hate even deprived their young generation from having vaccines via their fellow Nigerians out of hate just like how Ojukwu deprived them from having their meals during the civil war just to spite Nigerians and show the whole world that his people were not being fed by Nigeria govt.

But a statue of president Zuma was erected in Owerri yesterday and these fools couldn't say anything despite their kinsmen plights in South Africa.

These are the people being killed in South Africa every passing day but decided to reward the president of the same country with a statue.

Maybe, when Yorubas and Northerners begin to treat them like South Africans, they ll begin to reward us with all sort of statues. grin grin grin

I just wish one thing. For you to come across this post in a few years time and be humbled about how foolish you were and how wiser you must have been by them. I've not seen any Igbo person online that supported the erecting of the statue of Zuma in Imo state.

Probably you just want likes from those with same reasoning pattern like yours. Igbos ain't equal to IPOB, so If you have any grievance over IPOB deal with that before spilling hate, rubbish to a tribe without wisdom.
Re: Ambode Unveils Fela Kuti Statue, Visits Kalakuta Museum (Photos) by Nobody: 12:20am On Oct 16, 2017
LexngtonSteele:

Sorry ...but that's just pure delusion.

Don't overhype the man. IBB still stole billions of dollars without caring about the opinion of the masses

I agree with the rest of your sentiments. .Fela was never a chest-beater

Do you find comprehension as a problem? He said corruption level back then is way lesser than what we have now and you indirectly agreed with him but didn't know. You made mention of just one person, can you count the number of folks that have stolen in this regime alone letalone previous ones ?
Re: Ambode Unveils Fela Kuti Statue, Visits Kalakuta Museum (Photos) by horlakunle25(m): 12:26am On Oct 16, 2017
[quote author=NwaAmaikpe post=61454123] shocked

I loved Fela
But with all due respect.

Why will a state governor erect a statue in honour of a hard drug abuser and an AIDS victim?

This is wrong at all levels of morality.
SMH[/quotte]thunder fire ur mouth if dats d only thing u can talk abt fela anikulapo kuti!! Moreover hw old are u pls??
Re: Ambode Unveils Fela Kuti Statue, Visits Kalakuta Museum (Photos) by LexngtonSteele: 12:31am On Oct 16, 2017
ollah1:

[s]Do you find comprehension as a problem? He said corruption level back then is way lesser than what we have now and you indirectly agreed with him but didn't know. You made mention of just one person, can you count the number of folks that have stolen in this regime alone letalone previous ones ?[/s]

Seeking attention....wouldn't give a dunce. ODE wink

So military men feared embezzling money because of a singer like Fela? grin grin grin grin Some types of foolishness are Nobel worthy

1 Like

Re: Ambode Unveils Fela Kuti Statue, Visits Kalakuta Museum (Photos) by Rexnegro(m): 12:34am On Oct 16, 2017
policy12:

A Legend...

A Prophet of a kind.. .
A legend in the mind.. .
A man heart of pain...
For a masses to gain....
A man of love..Yet hate by all,

What a Prophet?
He never have a religion,
His words are more of prophecy,
His lyrics are not just words,
His rhythm are not just drums,
His music are not just noise, but are
Voice for the voiceless and Hope for the hopelses.

His home he open for all,
Whether black or white,
Small or great, rich or poor,
His love for the down trodden is unfathomable,
His passion for justice is unequivocally,
His desire for equality is beyond this page,
His hatred for injustice is so emphatically,
His message for the religious slavery is undisputed,

His enemity with corrupt government is overwhelming,
His view on the looters call leaders is not bias,
How we wish he lives on, but he is a mortal
And all mortal must died, 20 years after is death,
More than 40years after his major song were released,
The songs are ever fresh every day,
Because he is a prophet...

Should we call him a Prophet?
Nope let call him a man who sees tomorrow..
He sees the fear in the masses faces to fight for freedom little wonder he sing "my people sef , dey fear too much"
He sings about "suffering and smilling" Imagine a graduate without work, imagine a worker without Salary after six months "suffering and Smiling.
Oh He sing about our present leader
He sings about $2.6billion missing today $26billion missing. What a Prophecy?

A medical student to be..
No he follow his calling the Underground Spiritually Game,
He taught it was just a music but he never knew,
His rhythm and rhymes will change the music world forever,
He never knew his music will be more deadly than pen, gun, bow and arrow,
He never knew through this music calling he will be famous than his Father,
For him it's just to sing, only did he know it's a Calling..
When He yield to his Calling a Prophet was born that beget a Prophecy...

Like the Prophet of old
His music turned him to Matyrs..
He was subjected to all form of inhumane,
He was beaten, he was batterd yet he never deter,
He called the enemy yet the people loves him the more
The more he was called the criminal, the more his Prophecy becoming so so Real....

How can I write about a man whose Prophecy outlive his reign..
How can I pen down the attributes of a Prophet whose Prophecy has been there before I was born,
Tell me how will I described a Prophet whose Prophecy is a thorn in the Flesh of our looters,
Tell me how will I script a Prophet who have no ministry but his message prick men's heart,
How I mean how a Prophet without religion but has so many disciples..

Little wonder
To many musicians he becomes their Legend,
To many learner he become their Mentor,
To many Looters he become a Thorn,
To many Afro he become their Beats,
To the truth Lovers the stage his not complete without His Rhythm..

His Prophecy like a still voice in the wind...
Was not bound by boundaries,
Was not cut by Culture,
Nor tame by Time,
Nor buried by Power,
Not even Fracture by Force,
The Content was not contain by Colour,
The lyrics hound by Race,
The message was not exterminate by Ethnicity.

No wonder his voice is heard from far and near echoing
Are ra ra Oro roo ro..
Welcome to the spiritual underground game.

@shopen
Re: Ambode Unveils Fela Kuti Statue, Visits Kalakuta Museum (Photos) by naijalo: 2:02am On Oct 16, 2017
Re: Ambode Unveils Fela Kuti Statue, Visits Kalakuta Museum (Photos) by GoldHorse(m): 2:33am On Oct 16, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I loved Fela

Why will a state governor erect a statue in honour of a hard drug abuser and an AIDS victim?

SMH

How old are you?

1 Like

Re: Ambode Unveils Fela Kuti Statue, Visits Kalakuta Museum (Photos) by princeade86(m): 2:48am On Oct 16, 2017
In 1984, Muhammadu Buhari's government, of which Kuti was a vocal opponent, jailed him on a charge of currency smuggling which Amnesty International and others denounced as politically motivated. Amnesty designated him a prisoner of conscience , and his case was also taken up by other human rights groups. After 20 months, he was released from prison by General Ibrahim Babangida .
Re: Ambode Unveils Fela Kuti Statue, Visits Kalakuta Museum (Photos) by princeade86(m): 2:53am On Oct 16, 2017
[quote author=NwaAmaikpe post=61454123] shocked

I loved Fela

SMH[/quote On 3 August 1997, Olikoye Ransome-Kuti , already a prominent AIDS activist and former Minister of Health , announced his younger brother's death a day earlier from complications related to AIDS . However, there has been no definitive proof that Kuti died from complications related to HIV/AIDS, and much skepticism surrounds this alleged cause of death and the sources that have popularized this claim.[24][25] For example, it is widely claimed that Fela suffered and may have possibly died from Kaposi's Sarcoma, which is a symptom of HIV/AIDS infection. However, there are no known photos of Kuti with telltale lesions; moreover, Kuti was honored with a lying-in-state in which his remains were encased in a five-sided glass coffin for full public viewing. [26] More than one million people attended Fela's funeral at the site of the old Shrine compound. The New Afrika Shrine has opened since Fela's death in a different section of Lagos under the supervision of his son Femi .

1 Like

Re: Ambode Unveils Fela Kuti Statue, Visits Kalakuta Museum (Photos) by princeade86(m): 2:54am On Oct 16, 2017
On 3 August 1997, Olikoye Ransome-Kuti , already a prominent AIDS activist and former Minister of Health , announced his younger brother's death a day earlier from complications related to AIDS . However, there has been no definitive proof that Kuti died from complications related to HIV/AIDS, and much skepticism surrounds this alleged cause of death and the sources that have popularized this claim.[24][25] For example, it is widely claimed that Fela suffered and may have possibly died from Kaposi's Sarcoma, which is a symptom of HIV/AIDS infection. However, there are no known photos of Kuti with telltale lesions; moreover, Kuti was honored with a lying-in-state in which his remains were encased in a five-sided glass coffin for full public viewing. [26] More than one million people attended Fela's funeral at the site of the old Shrine compound. The New Afrika Shrine has opened since Fela's death in a different section of Lagos under the supervision of his son Femi .
Re: Ambode Unveils Fela Kuti Statue, Visits Kalakuta Museum (Photos) by seunfape(m): 3:27am On Oct 16, 2017
Fela that is dead is better than obansanjo that is alive
Re: Ambode Unveils Fela Kuti Statue, Visits Kalakuta Museum (Photos) by naijalo: 4:19am On Oct 16, 2017

Re: Ambode Unveils Fela Kuti Statue, Visits Kalakuta Museum (Photos) by dulux07(m): 6:03am On Oct 16, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I loved Fela

SMH
It's because of people like u that the black race is what it is today, always looking at the negative side of people as if u urself are perfect, we all have good and bad side we are struggling with.

Fela fought for the people and went through hell. If we had more people like him this country would be far more better.
Go read well about MJ, mandela, they had their bad sides, afterall we are all humans.
Re: Ambode Unveils Fela Kuti Statue, Visits Kalakuta Museum (Photos) by ednut1(m): 6:24am On Oct 16, 2017
IJOBA2:
BUT YOU VOTED FOR PROPHET BUHARI NOWsad
grin before election

Re: Ambode Unveils Fela Kuti Statue, Visits Kalakuta Museum (Photos) by adaeze12345(f): 6:42am On Oct 16, 2017
avgoldltd:

Why will a state governor erect a statue in honour of a hard drug abuser let baba Adeboye no about it let sister bola tell her husband
abeg no compare adeboye wit fela adeboye aid corruption tru tithes n offering hw many politician hv he told d truth., fela diserve the ten percent more than pastopernuer adeboye #fact
Re: Ambode Unveils Fela Kuti Statue, Visits Kalakuta Museum (Photos) by BrownChima212(m): 7:11am On Oct 16, 2017
For everything Abuja real estate(Buy, sell or rent). Please call Everything property LTD on. 09075809266, 07036825523
*We also offer free property advisory roles, don't be afraid to call or chat us up. You are our priority before commissions wink
* No matter your choice of location, we can sort you out and at the best possible prices in Abuja

Re: Ambode Unveils Fela Kuti Statue, Visits Kalakuta Museum (Photos) by Carter4luv(m): 7:16am On Oct 16, 2017
Dis is wat naija should do not to celebrate a man who has not done anything for d country.
Woe to okorochas
Re: Ambode Unveils Fela Kuti Statue, Visits Kalakuta Museum (Photos) by Nobody: 7:19am On Oct 16, 2017
LexngtonSteele:

Seeking attention....wouldn't give a dunce. ODE wink

So military men feared embezzling money because of a singer like Fela? grin grin grin grin Some types of foolishness are Nobel worthy

Sometimes one wonder the people words are exchanged with on social media cos often time they can't even lace your shoes. Here is an example
Re: Ambode Unveils Fela Kuti Statue, Visits Kalakuta Museum (Photos) by awuf2008: 7:35am On Oct 16, 2017
Nice one by Lagos state government and well deserved.
Re: Ambode Unveils Fela Kuti Statue, Visits Kalakuta Museum (Photos) by Alphasoar(m): 7:59am On Oct 16, 2017
bigtt76:
Ambode just unveiling statues upandan grin nice one though.
Good statues and better than someone in Imo State! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Lemme come and be going sef . . .
Re: Ambode Unveils Fela Kuti Statue, Visits Kalakuta Museum (Photos) by IJOBA2: 8:02am On Oct 16, 2017
grin
ednut1:
grin before election
grin
Re: Ambode Unveils Fela Kuti Statue, Visits Kalakuta Museum (Photos) by Ayomipoe(m): 8:08am On Oct 16, 2017
An African Folk song, Sing with me, here it goes.
BabaRamota1980:
Gogbo aye pa yeye e je...
Aja gbe ti e o re orun...
Alu jonjo kiri jon o!!

Baba 70!

Iba o!!
Re: Ambode Unveils Fela Kuti Statue, Visits Kalakuta Museum (Photos) by salesforce: 8:11am On Oct 16, 2017
Ok
Re: Ambode Unveils Fela Kuti Statue, Visits Kalakuta Museum (Photos) by Tobium1(m): 8:14am On Oct 16, 2017
A fela statue without head angry
Re: Ambode Unveils Fela Kuti Statue, Visits Kalakuta Museum (Photos) by LexngtonSteele: 8:25am On Oct 16, 2017
ollah1:

Sometimes one wonder the people words are exchanged with on social media cos often time they can't even lace your shoes. Here is an example

Your FATHER can't lace my security guard's shoes.

You should learn decorum when rushing to comment ....thank me for the free home training lessons I gave you.
Re: Ambode Unveils Fela Kuti Statue, Visits Kalakuta Museum (Photos) by Priceless200(f): 8:28am On Oct 16, 2017
Please is it just me or why has no one mentioned it, the picture I am seeing here does not have a head.. I Don refresh tire, Abeg who has the full picture..?
Re: Ambode Unveils Fela Kuti Statue, Visits Kalakuta Museum (Photos) by morbeta(m): 8:37am On Oct 16, 2017
We have every reason to celebrate Fela.
Re: Ambode Unveils Fela Kuti Statue, Visits Kalakuta Museum (Photos) by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 16, 2017
LexngtonSteele:

Your FATHER can't lace my security guard's shoes.

You should learn decorum when rushing to comment ....thank me for the free home training lessons I gave you.

Perhaps you should give yourself that first cos it's obvious you jack every bit of it. I wouldn't go that lane with you because I've got a functioning brain.
Re: Ambode Unveils Fela Kuti Statue, Visits Kalakuta Museum (Photos) by LexngtonSteele: 8:48am On Oct 16, 2017
ollah1:

ollah1 to his fagg0t father and spermbank wh0re mother:

Perhaps you should give yourself that first cos it's obvious you jack every bit of it. I wouldn't go that lane with you because I've got a functioning brain.

Don't worry, i have your medicine and i am extremely patient. grin grin grin

By the time i am through with you, you would learn something very useful wink
Re: Ambode Unveils Fela Kuti Statue, Visits Kalakuta Museum (Photos) by Bfitconsults: 8:51am On Oct 16, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I loved Fela

SMH
You speak like you have no shortcomings. This man was a prophet of all times.
Listen to what he sang in the 80s, it feels like he just walked out of the studio a few minutes ago to capture the ills of our society.
Kindly respect the dead and their legacy so that same may be accorded to you while living and gone.
Re: Ambode Unveils Fela Kuti Statue, Visits Kalakuta Museum (Photos) by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 16, 2017
LexngtonSteele:

Don't worry, i have your medicine and i am extremely patient. grin grin grin

By the time i am through with you, you would learn something very useful wink

From Father to Mother, your choice of words says the kinda home you came from.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hilarious Caption Of Photo Of Buhari With Tinubu: "I Can Even Dance Shoki" / Magu Shuns Police Cell, Sleeps In Mosque / Osinbajo Presents Christmas Card To Muhammadu Buhari (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.