Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,470 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! (5471 Views)

Titilope Adeboye Graduates From Bible College: Leke Adeboye Celebrates His Wife / Messi Is Not “god” – Pope Francis / Cultists Who Surrendered Weapons, Graduate From Bible School In Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by umarshek6(m): 1:00pm On Oct 19, 2017
analice107:

You must be crazy to think you can tag me along.

Follow your Muhammad the dead terrorist to hellfire, leave me out of it.
u and ur fellow members ar all cowards and I proved dat yesterday and hell is ur abode if u die like this

Just like firawn

2_0

Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by umarshek6(m): 1:00pm On Oct 19, 2017

Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by ScienceWatch: 1:09pm On Oct 19, 2017
iamgenius:
You are still not contributing to the topic, What I just need from you guys is to bring a verse where Jesus says he is God, then I would believe every other verse you referenced.

No You wont. I tell you that you don't have the intellect and the spirit to investigate spiritual truths.

The followers of all religions want evidence that their Gods can do what it promises them in their holy books.

You are arguing for personal sexual relief. What about the other person. What about the religious organizations members ?
Don't they have a chance to explain what they really need from their Gods?

I will be at the ACADIP next month, but not for salvation of my soul. I want to apply to be a guest speaker there.

I will speak about VALUE - perceived value vs real value from a worshipers viewpoint.

Why investigate religions value from the worshipers viewpoint ? Why not from the Pastor, Imam, priest's biased viewpoint ?
It is because most Pastors/Imams only see their members as personal assets.

1) They operate from the cowardly fear of losing their members to higher truths that can add more value to the members lives.
2) They fight to protect their status instead of their members needs
3) They love to have power over the people that why a member can get killed for leaving.

Members would like to enter the hallowed portals of truth to solve life problems, All great religions point to that higher portal of incredible power that can dramatically change their lives, their situation, their desperate need.

These members want to see evidence in their lives, not a lifetime of empty promises. They have a right to demand that their God give them evidence that His words as preached by their Pastors/Imams are true.

The creator is a God of evidence !
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by ScienceWatch: 4:38pm On Oct 19, 2017
umarshek6:

Read this pls with open mind

To understand the prophecies made by Jesus on the subject, one has to begin with the First Epistle of John, Chapter 2, Verse 1. Here, Jesus Christ is called a "Paraclete" (Parakletos, Advocate, Comforter, Helper) by apostle John. The same term "Paraclete" is used by the apostle in his Gospel, in connection with a portentous prophecy made by Jesus Christ, before the end of his ministry upon this earth, for the coming of "another Paraclete". Prophet Moses also made a similar prophecy, before the end of his ministry, for the coming of his successor. Jesus Christ declared;

"And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Paraclete, that he may abide with you into the age (to come)." 
John 14:16

Note: We often read the verse ending as; "with you for ever". However; "into the age" is the literal translation of the Greek phrase; `eis ton aiona', used by John.

These two verses by John clearly demonstrate that Jesus Christ, while speaking of "another Paraclete", was speaking of the coming of "another male figure" like himself, some time in the future, after his departure. The passage quoted below also confirms that the original concept among the noted Christian scholars and populace, for the "Paraclete" was for the coming of a "male figure", but that concept was later confused with the "Holy Spirit". Here is an extract from the world renowned and distinguished Anchor Bible Volume 29A:

"The word parakletos is peculiar in the NT to the Johnannine literature. In 1John ii1 Jesus is a parakletos (not a title), serving as a heavenly intercessor with the Father. ...Christian tradition has identified this figure (Paraclete) as the Holy Spirit, but scholars like Spitta, Delafosse, Windisch, Sasse, Butlmann and Betz have doubted whether this identification is true to the original picture and have suggested that the Paraclete was once an independent salvific figure, later confused with the Holy Spirit." (page 1135).

The Bible tells us that Jesus Christ, besides being a "Messiah" was also a prophet like Moses, by his own admission. Please see John 5:46 and 9:17. Hence to say that the coming of "another Paraclete" was similar to the coming of "another Prophet" like Jesus and Moses, would not be inaccurate. OTOH, the concept of "Holy Spirit" is unequivocally negated by the following verse:

"But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Paraclete shall not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you." John 16:7

This verse clearly tells us that the coming of the Paraclete was subject to the departure of Jesus. Whereas, the "Holy Spirit" was already present. It was in existence since the day of the Creation and was hovering upon the surface of the earth (Genesis 1:2). It was also present with the prophets of the Old Testament. The "Holy Spirit" happened to be present at River Jordan when Jesus Christ was being Baptised by John the Baptist, in the early part of his ministry. So, how could Jesus say; "but if I go, I will send Holy Spirit"?

"When the Paraclete comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, that is the Spirit of Truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness of me." John 15:26

This above verse clears the confusion. The Paraclete is called the "Spirit of Truth" and not the "Holy Spirit". These are two separate terms and two independent entities. The first takes the pronoun "he" being a male figure, whereas, the second one takes the pronoun "it".

"But the Paraclete, the Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you." John 14:26

Note: 
1. In the older MSS, Codex Syriacus discovered in 1812 on Mount Sinai by Mrs.Agnes S. Lewis (and Mrs. Bensley), the text of 14:26 reads; "Paraclete, the Spirit"; and not "Paraclete, the Holy Spirit". "The Spirit" is a reference to "the Spirit of Truth" as in 15:26.

2. The word spirit, Greek. `pneu'ma', is of neutral gender and takes pronoun "it". Whereas, in almost all the verses referring to Paraclete quoted above and below, the pronoun used is "he".

3. In 1 John 4:6, the terms "the spirit of truth" and "the spirit of error" are used for the human beings.

4. History records that prophet Muhammad was known for his Truth and Honesty, long before he received the Revelations.

Jesus Christ did indicate what the Paraclete to come will do in his time. Did prophet Muhammad do those things? Let's examine;

1. "But when he, the Spirit of Truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own initiative, but whatever he hears, he will speak..." Jn.16:13

Note: The Quran is a compilation of the "Divine Revelations" that were received by prophet Muhammad, over a period of 23 years, through the arch angel Gabriel. The prophet used to recite whatever he used to hear. Prophet's companions used to write down whatever was recited. The Quran does not contain the writings or teachings of or by Muhammad, as often mentioned by some misinformed authors.

2. "He shall glorify me." John 16:14

Note: The Quran glorifies the birth of Jesus through Virgin Mary. The Quran also confirms, Jesus was a Messiah; a Messenger of God; the Spirit from God; the Word of God and the Righteous Prophet.

3. "He shall take mine and shall disclose it to you." Jn.16:14

Note: Muhammad did declare himself a Messenger of God like Abraham, Moses and Jesus.

4. "He will teach you all things." John 14:26

Note: The Quran teaches a way of life. It guides mankind, how to live a pious life socially, politically and spiritually.

5. "He will bring to your remembrance all that I said to you." Jn.14:26

Note: The Quran speaks about the teaching of the righteous Jesus and even quotes him.

6. "He will bear witness of me" John 15:26

Note: The Quran attests the miracles performed by Jesus the Messiah. It also mentions one astonishing miracle performed by Jesus that the Gospel writers have not recorded. The Quran acknowledges that these miracles and signs were performed with the leave of Allah, by His righteous Servant and Messiah Jesus. The same is also attested in the Book of Acts 2:22; 3:13 (NASB).

Prophet Isaiah is considered to be one of the major prophets of the Old Testament. In the Book of Isaiah there are several prophecies about the coming of the Messiah. In chapter 42, Isaiah begins with a prophecy for the coming of prophet Jesus. After verse number nine, God declares through Isaiah, the "new things" that are to "spring forth" in the Land of Kedar.

In the Bible there is only one personality called Kedar. He was the grandson of prophet Abraham, through his son Ishmael (see Gen.25:13). Kedar's descendants had settled in Paran (Syno-Arabian dessert). In the Rabbinic literature Arabia is called the "Land of Kedar". Prophet Muhammad was a descendant of Kedar.

God declares through Isaiah;

"Behold, the former things are come to pass, and the new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them. `Sing unto the Lord a new song, and his praise from the end of the earth'. Let the wilderness and the cities thereof lift up their voices, the villages that Kedar doth inhabit: let the inhabitants of the rock sing, let them shout from the top of the mountains. Let them give glory unto the Lord, and declare His praise in the inlands." Chapter 42, Verses 9-12.

God did reveal in the Land of Kedar, through prophet Muhammad - a direct descendant of Kedar, a "New Song" - The Qur'an (Koran). This happens to be the only Scripture to be revealed in the language of the Kedarites. The verses of the Qur'an are recited like a poem. Nearly 1.2 billion Muslims, residing all over the world, recite this "new song" and Glorify Allah, in their daily prayers, five times in a day. The initial Revelation came to prophet Muhammad in a cave of Mount Hira near the city of Mecca. There are several mountains near Mecca. During the annual Islamic Pilgrimage called "Hajj", Muslims from all over the world, assemble in Mecca and shout Glory to the Lord from the top of Mount Arafat. The pilgrims continuously give Glory to Allah on their ways, to and from Mecca.

"The Lord shall go forth as a mighty man, he shall stir up jealousy like a man of war: he shall cry, yea, roar; he shall prevail against his enemies." Verse 13.

In the Old Testament the God often speaks "I" will do this, or "I" have done this; whereas, He has chosen human beings like us, to do these jobs. (see 2 Samuel 12:7-12). Muhammad did go forth as a mighty prophet of Allah, did stir up jealousy among the most influential and dominating tribe of the pagan Arabs in Arabia. Finally with a war cry and roar, Muhammad did prevail upon the enemies of Lord - the idolaters, fulfilling the above prophecy.

"I have long time holden my peace; I have been still, and refrained myself, now will I cry like a travailing woman; I will destroy and devour at once." Verse 14.

The prophets that came before Muhammad had all tried with peaceful missions. But, the concept of sharing God's Glory continued to surface again and again, in one way or other. It was with the war cry, through the descendants of Kedar (Arabs), these sinful practices were destroyed and devoured, inside and outside of Arabia. The spread of Islam was swift, wide spread and at once.

"And I will bring the blind by a way they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known; I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things I will do unto them, and not forsake them." Verse 16.

It is an undeniable fact that before the advent of Islam, the pagan Arabs were like the blinds. Their religious and social concepts were crooked. The revelation of this "new song" brought them out of that darkness. Earlier, God had not sent any prophet to these people. By sending Muhammad, God fulfilled His above promise and also the following promise to Abraham;

"And also of the son of the bondwoman I will make a nation, because he is thy seed." Genesis 21:13.

Please note the word "also" in above promise. The nations of Judaism and Christianity came out from the descendants of Abraham and Sarah. The nation of Islam came out from the descendants of Abraham and Hagar. Judaism, Christianity and Islam are three children of Abraham by God's Covenants with Abraham.

This also fulfils the following prophecy by Jesus;

"Howbeit when he, the Spirit of Truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth; for he shall not speak of himself; but what soever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you thing to come." John 16:13

For further details about "the Paraclete" and "the Spirit of Truth" please see Section 1 of this article.

"They shall be turned back, they shall be greatly ashamed, that trust in graven images; they say to the molten images, `Ye are our gods.'" Isaiah 42 Verse 17.

History records that Prophet Muhammad did put the pagan idolaters to great shame when he demolished before them, their 365 idols that were installed in Ka'bah (Mecca), the most respected place of pilgrimage in the whole of Arabia. Today, Ka'bah is the Grand Mosque of Islam. Muslims from all over the world face towards Ka'bah while reciting their daily ritual prayers.‎
I am reading with an open mind as you requested. No problem.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by Nobody: 7:51pm On Oct 19, 2017
iamgenius:
You are still not contributing to the topic, always saying the same thing and claiming one can't understand the verse without the Holy Spirit. God gave us our brain to think and we are not like animals. Jesus is Son of God and Son of man, he called himself those names and he didn't object to it when being addressed as a human being. What I just need from you guys is to bring a verse where Jesus says he is God, then I would believe every other verse you referenced. If you say you and your father are one; it simply means in doing some certain things but not everything. It would make no sense your Father give you every right as a father. It would make no sense you sleep with your mother and say since you and your Father are one so you are now your father. I know you would probably say I don't have the Holy Spirit.
Indeed it's the holy spirit that teaçhes his children.
The Bible made clear in John 14:26
"But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.
The holy spirit reveals deeper things that humanity can't comprehend from the Bible. You find that in 1 Cor 2:10-15
1 Corinthians 2:10-15 New International Version (NIV)
10 these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit.The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 11 For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12 What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us. 13 This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words.14 The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit. 15 The person with the Spirit makes judgments about all things, but such a person is not subject to merely human judgments,
Is Jesus God? Yes because the holy spirit reveals it through the word of God from same Bible. Here are some proves that Jesus is God

John 1:1, 14 (RSV) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. . . . [14] And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, full of grace and truth; we have beheld his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father.

This is one of the most well-known “proof texts”. Jesus is eternal (here, “beginning” means “eternity past”). He was with God the Father, and is God the Son. To make sure that the reader has no misunderstanding, John (v. 14) reiterates that the “Word” referred to is the Son, and notes that He “became flesh” (the incarnation). Only the Son has a body. The Word = Jesus = God.

John 10:30 I and the Father are one.

Jesus' hearers, unbelieving Jews, certainly understood His intent in saying this, because they tried to stone Him, as the next verse informs us, since they didn't believe His claim, which, if indeed untrue, would be intolerable blasphemy. 10:33 informs us that they tried to stone Him because (in their words) “you, being a man, make yourself God.”

John 20:28 Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God!”

This had to do with the famous “Doubting Thomas” incident. Thomas didn't believe Jesus had risen, so Jesus appeared for His sake and told him to touch the wound in His side. Then Thomas believed and said this. If it were untrue, Jesus would have corrected him, but He didn't; He commended Thomas because he “believed.”

Colossians 1:19 For in him all the fulness of God was pleased to dwell,

In context, it is the Son Who is being described (1:13); He is eternal (1:15, 17-18), the Creator (1:16), and the unifying principle of the universe (1:17; cf. Heb 1:3): all attributes true only of God. Paul makes the notion even more explicit in the next chapter:

Colossians 2:9 For in him the whole fulness of deity dwells bodily,

2 Peter 1:1 . . . our God and Savior Jesus Christ:

St. Paul uses the same phrase in Titus 2:13 as well.

Hebrews 1:8 But of the Son he says, “Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever, the righteous scepter is the scepter of thy kingdom.”

This is a remarkable passage, in which God the Father calls His Son “God.” It is a reference to the Old Testament passage, Psalms 45:6-7.

In Hebrews 1:6, God the Father also says that all the angels should worship God the Son. Worship can only be rightly applied to God, as we know from Exodus 34:14 and Deuteronomy 8:19. Yet Jesus accepted worship of Himself on many occasions (e.g., Mt 14:33; 28:9) and stated that He should be honored equally with the Father (Jn 5:23). In Revelation 5:8, 12-13 and Colossians 2:6-7, we find that Jesus is worshiped in every way that the Bible specifically describes worship of God the Father, with all the same words used (see: Rev 4:9-11, 5:13; 7:11-12, and Rom 11:33).

Jesus is omnipotent (possesses all power):

Philippians 3:20-21 . . . the Lord Jesus Christ, [21] who will change our lowly body to be like his glorious body, by the power which enables him even to subject all things to himself.

He's omniscient (all-knowing):

Colossians 2:2-3 . . . Christ, [3] in whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

He's omnipresent (present everywhere):

Ephesians 1:22-23 the church, [23] which is his body, the fulness of him who fills all in all. (cf. Col 3:11)

Another astonishing passage along these lines is one where Jesus speaks about historical events described as being done by God the Father in the Old Testament. He casually applies them to Himself (what might be called “the Divine 'I'”):

Matthew 23: 34, 37 Therefore I send you prophets and wise men and scribes, some of whom you will kill and crucify, and some you will scourge in your synagogues and persecute from town to town, . . . [37] O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, killing the prophets and stoning those who are sent to you! How often would I have gathered your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you would not!
Many attributes that are said to belong only to “God” are applied to Jesus in Scripture.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by bahaushe1: 11:39pm On Oct 19, 2017
[quote author=enilove post=61521046][/quote]

This is one of the problems Christians have. God reveals His scriptures in the language of His messengers. The tradition and culture of a particular language influence meanings of words and sentences in such language.

Jesus (pbuh) did not speak English, neither did Moses and David (pbut). Their scriptures, just like the scripture of Muhammad (pbuh), must have been revealed in their own language (s).

In Hebrew language it is acceptable to make statements such as the one made by Jesus (pbuh) in John 10:30 just as God Himself made similar parable statement referring to Prophets of the Jews to whom scriptures were given as 'gods'. That is the reason why Jesus (pbuh) rejected the interpretation of his statement in John 10:30 by the Jews as blasphemy by reminding them of Psalm 82:6 in John 10:34-35. The statements in John 10:30 and Psalm 82:6 are just what they are, parable.

There are numerous clear, unambiguous verses in the Bible that addressed this issue and a single verse qouted often out of context can't abrogate their meanings.

And finally, if we are, for the sake of argument, to accept Christians interpretation of John 10:30, then we can safely accept similar interpretation of Psalm 82:6 and conclude that ALL Jews Prophets to whom scriptures were given are also 'Gods'.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by bahaushe1: 11:50pm On Oct 19, 2017
asuustrike2009:

"But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.
The holy spirit reveals deeper things that humanity can't comprehend from the Bible. You find that in 1 Cor 2:10-15
10 these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit.The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 11 For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12 What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us. 13 This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words.14 The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit. 15 The person with the Spirit makes judgments about all things, but such a person is not subject to merely human judgments,
Is Jesus God? Yes because the holy spirit reveals it through the word of God from same Bible. Here are some proves that Jesus is God

John 1:1, 14 (RSV) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. . . . [14] And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, full of grace and truth; we have beheld his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father.

This is one of the most well-known “proof texts”. Jesus is eternal (here, “beginning” means “eternity past”). He was with God the Father, and is God the Son. To make sure that the reader has no misunderstanding, John (v. 14) reiterates that the “Word” referred to is the Son, and notes that He “became flesh” (the incarnation). Only the Son has a body. The Word = Jesus = God.

Jesus' hearers, unbelieving Jews, certainly understood His intent in saying this, because they tried to stone Him, as the next verse informs us, since they didn't believe His claim, which, if indeed untrue, would be intolerable blasphemy. 10:33 informs us that they tried to stone Him because (in their words) “you, being a man, make yourself God.”

This had to do with the famous “Doubting Thomas” incident. Thomas didn't believe Jesus had risen, so Jesus appeared for His sake and told him to touch the wound in His side. Then Thomas believed and said this. If it were untrue, Jesus would have corrected him, but He didn't; He commended Thomas because he “believed.”

In context, it is the Son Who is being described (1:13); He is eternal (1:15, 17-18), the Creator (1:16), and the unifying principle of the universe (1:17; cf. Heb 1:3): all attributes true only of God. Paul makes the notion even more explicit in the next chapter:

Hebrews 1:8 But of the Son he says, “Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever, the righteous scepter is the scepter of thy kingdom.”

This is a remarkable passage, in which God the Father calls His Son “God.” It is a reference to the Old Testament passage, Psalms 45:6-7.

In Hebrews 1:6, God the Father also says that all the angels should worship God the Son. Worship can only be rightly applied to God, as we know from Exodus 34:14 and Deuteronomy 8:19. Yet Jesus accepted worship of Himself on many occasions (e.g., Mt 14:33; 28:9) and stated that He should be honored equally with the Father (Jn 5:23). In Revelation 5:8, 12-13 and Colossians 2:6-7, we find that Jesus is worshiped in every way that the Bible specifically describes worship of God the Father, with all the same words used (see: Rev 4:9-11, 5:13; 7:11-12, and Rom 11:33).

Philippians 3:20-21 . . . the Lord Jesus Christ, [21] who will change our lowly body to be like his glorious body, by the power which enables him even to subject all things to himself.

Colossians 2:2-3 . . . Christ, [3] in whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

Ephesians 1:22-23 the church, [23] which is his body, the fulness of him who fills all in all. (cf. Col 3:11)

Another astonishing passage along these lines is one where Jesus speaks about historical events described as being done by God the Father in the Old Testament. He casually applies them to Himself (what might be called “the Divine 'I'”):

Matthew 23: 34, 37 Therefore I send you prophets and wise men and scribes, some of whom you will kill and crucify, and some you will scourge in your synagogues and persecute from town to town, . . . [37] O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, killing the prophets and stoning those who are sent to you! How often would I have gathered your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you would not!
Many attributes that are said to belong only to “God” are applied to Jesus in Scripture.

Kindly qout the Greek version of John 1:1 and let us see how honest Bible translators were in translating this verse.

John 10:30 is clearly been deliberately qouted out of context by Christians to achieve a predetermined goal. It is an innocent straightforward statement referring to the endings of John 10:28 and 29.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by iamgenius(m): 6:28am On Oct 20, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Some readers here would think you wrote all these by yourself not knowing that you did copy and paste. You can't write things by yourself? This is what we told you not to do again and again, following your Pastors blindly. Well, they have already tied you with the oath that you don't have the Holy Spirit to interprete the verses.
Oh! You only follow what the writer said blindly I don't think you checked and think about what he wrote in his book.
Dave Armstrong
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by enilove(m): 9:38am On Oct 20, 2017
iamgenius:

Some readers here would think you wrote all these by yourself not knowing that you did copy and paste. You can't write things by yourself? This is what we told you not to do again and again, following your Pastors blindly. Well, they have already tied you with the oath that you don't have the Holy Spirit to interprete the verses.
Oh! You only follow what the writer said blindly I don't think you checked and think about what he wrote in his book.
Dave Armstrong

A true christian must believe in the Bible , and that is exactly what @asuustrike2009 is proving to you. To inform you about what has been written regarding his/her faith.

A true muslim should be able to rely on the Quran and the hadith as basis of her faith.

You said "Jesus Christ is not.....proofs from the Bible" .
When proofs are shown to you from that Bible resort to saying "copy and pasting from the Bible".

The Bible is sufficient for the christians. Is the quran and hadiths sufficient for the muslims, it should.
Facts from the hadith and quran show that Islam is an antichrist religion and PURE SATANIC.
How can a holy God tell you to marry your sons wife ( whether adopted or not ) Fact from Quran:

Allah SWT says:

وَإِذْ تَقُولُ لِلَّذِىٓ أَنْعَمَ اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَأَنْعَمْتَ عَلَيْهِ أَمْسِكْ عَلَيْكَ زَوْجَكَ وَاتَّقِ اللَّهَ وَتُخْفِى فِى نَفْسِكَ مَا اللَّهُ مُبْدِيهِ وَتَخْشَى النَّاسَ وَاللَّهُ أَحَقُّ أَنْ تَخْشٰىهُ ۖ فَلَمَّا قَضٰى زَيْدٌ مِّنْهَا وَطَرًا زَوَّجْنٰكَهَا لِكَىْ لَا يَكُونَ عَلَى الْمُؤْمِنِينَ حَرَجٌ فِىٓ أَزْوٰجِ أَدْعِيَآئِهِمْ إِذَا قَضَوْا مِنْهُنَّ وَطَرًا ۚ وَكَانَ أَمْرُ اللَّهِ مَفْعُولًا
"And [remember, O Muhammad], when you said to the one on whom Allah bestowed favor and you bestowed favor, "Keep your wife and fear Allah," while you concealed within yourself that which Allah is to disclose. And you feared the people, while Allah has more right that you fear Him. So when Zayd had no longer any need for her, We married her to you in order that there not be upon the believers any discomfort concerning the wives of their adopted sons when they no longer have need of them. And ever is the command of Allah accomplished."
(QS. Al-Ahzaab: Verse 37)

You can see that allah, in the 2nd to the last sentence , now granted muslims right to marry wives of their adopted sons, when the sons no longer have need of them. What a rubbish. This cannot be from God Almighty.

Fact from Hadith:

Volume 9, Book 93, Number 579:

Narrated Abu Dharr:

The Prophet said, Gabriel came to me and gave me the glad tidings that anyone who died without worshipping anything besides Allah, would enter Paradise. I asked (Gabriel), 'Even if he committed theft, and even if he committed illegal sexual intercourse?' He said, '(Yes), even if he committed theft, and even if he Committed illegal sexual intercourse."

This is a dirty god not Holy God.

Other proofs :

Volume 6, Book 60, Number 23:

Narrated 'Asim bin Sulaiman:

I asked Anas bin Malik about Safa and Marwa. Anas replied, "We used to consider (i.e. going around) them a custom of the Pre-islamic period of Ignorance, so when Islam came, we gave up going around them. Then Allah revealed" "Verily, Safa and Marwa (i.e. two mountains at Mecca) are among the Symbols of Allah. So it is not harmful of those who perform the Hajj of the House (of Allah) or perform the Umra to ambulate (Tawaf) between them." (2.158)

So what they used to call idol worshiping was not idol worship but was carried out by the so called pagan because they knew something about allah. They had been doing it for allah, allat and manat. So Islam joined itself with Idolaters . So the idolaters taught muhammed part of Islam.

This is not a Holy God but satan in disguise.

Volume 2, Book 21, Number 225:

Narrated Jundab bin 'Abdullah :

Gabriel did not come to the Prophet (for some time) and so one of the Quraish women said, "His Satan has deserted him." So came the Divine Revelation: "By the forenoon And by the night When it is still! Your Lord (O Muhammad) has neither Forsaken you Nor hated you." (93.1-3)

These written books are evidences and should be use to state your facts than suggestions or assumptions from from followers.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 20, 2017
iamgenius:

Dave Armstrong
The writer was not blind as alleged by you.All the scriptures were proof read by me before posting. The different between Christianity and other religion is the working of the holy spirit. We Christians don't read Bible like literature that's why most religious folks are dumbfounded and can't grasps anything. The Bible even made it clear in 1 Corinthians 1:27 New International Version (NIV)
27 But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.
The same verse we study today has thousands of interpretations from the holy spirit. It takes a spirit filled person to go deep in the Bible.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 20, 2017
bahaushe1:

Kindly qout the Greek version of John 1:1 and let us see how honest Bible translators were in translating this verse.

John 10:30 is clearly been deliberately qouted out of context by Christians to achieve a predetermined goal. It is an innocent straightforward statement referring to the endings of John 10:28 and 29.
So with all the proves from the Bible only John 10:30 that's quoted out of context. We Christians don't read Bible like literature. When some of us have issues in understanding we ask the holy spirit to teach. The holy spirit is the great teacher and reveals deeper things we know not. You're probably studying the Bible like novel that's why you can't understand were Jesus said I and my father are one. Jesus is God. He was there from the beginning of creation no wonder he said in Rev 22:13 "
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last". In the beginning he was there and had being there right from the creation of the world.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by GoodMuyis(m): 5:37pm On Oct 20, 2017
iamgenius:

Refute me then liar, worshipper of Paul's religion.

Now that plagiarized a lie, what do we do now. You cut and paste, you are still boasting about the fallacy.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! by oliva980: 7:50am On Jan 23, 2023
He went to the chief priests, who said, "What is the name of this man?" They replied, "Your slave is called Barabbas." Then the officers took Jesus and Caiaphas, the high priest, and bound him. For more ideal details about understanding the christian faith, pop over to these guys.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Tunde Bakare Condemns Deeper Life Church’s Doctrine On John's Wedding! / Apostle Johnson Suleman Calls Out Witches In Lagos Crusade!! (Video:March 2015) / Is Is Right For A Christian To Pray Back To Sender Prayer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.