Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,755 members, 7,862,470 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 05:37 PM

Five (5) Ways To Move On After Being A Victim Of Rape In Nigeria. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Five (5) Ways To Move On After Being A Victim Of Rape In Nigeria. (630 Views)

I Have Been A Victim Of Rape. Myself, By My Husband / Lady Accuses Man Of Rape For Refusing To Stop After She Came During Sex (photos) / 'Rape & Beg': UnilagOlodo Who Was Accused Of Rape Takes Legal Action (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five (5) Ways To Move On After Being A Victim Of Rape In Nigeria. by chatinent: 10:48am On Oct 17, 2017
Copyright. Chatinent rights reserved. No part of this post should be reproduced or constitute plagiarism, without original author's consent or acknowledgments to original source.
Rape is a forceful act of having sex without being consented by the latter (the victim).

Rape can make someone solemn. Who won't be solemn when sth was forcefully taken off you? sad
What people said:

"When I was eight, my uncle assaulted me and told me to keep mute. I've kept this a secret till now. He's married now thought I still feel guilty and insecure to bring him to book." - Folake *
(you may also want to read things to do before or after if you are a victim of incest.)

"I cannot forget the day some guys wayward me in PortHarcourt and raped me. All my screaming seemed every human was siding against me." - Goodness
"I remember my lone stories how some robbers teamed up and raped every girl in our lounge in school." - Adaku.
WHAT TO DO.
1. Share your burden with a bosom somebody. In recent times, that saying: ' problem shared is problem solved ' has gone sour, to an extent, we now believe a problem shared is going to make you a bad celebrity to all, I mean every ear who heard it. Moreover, there are still some 'human beings.' They may be your aunt, a bosom friend, or a diary (as people prefer). Share it, table it to that sorts of relevance, as the pain must be too heavy to bear alone. Count it as what you stumbled upon.
2. Report it to relevant persons, or group of persons. Rape in Nigeria, is contrary to the law. Raping sb is dehumanizing them, and a punishable offence. Report it to relevant authorities.
3. Doctor calls. Visit a medical doctor (not a chemist shop) to conduct test. Who knows? There may be sth more.
4. Decipher. Stick to sniffing out what possibly could have led to your being raped. Is it indecency? The company you keep? The place you go to? Being ointment the wrong place in wrong hour? Or possibly, being in the right place in wrong hour? Is yin your tongue? What you said? Do a research to enable you alter some of your behavioural dilemma.
5. Learn. In its apogee, learn. sad Learn from yourself. Experience, they say is a motivation! You wouldn't want to do two negative things in a row and expected a positive outcome, would you? Well, here is a story written by me that you may find helpful to keep your mind filming.
Quote. Rape may be a pain, judge your mistakes and share your formulae, and let your pain be levelled low. With time, with times, you will comfort yourself, 'cos no one will comfort you better than you. - Richie.
Origin: http://chatinent.com.ng/index.php?act=ST&f=24&t=489&st=0#entry951

Cc: lalasticlala, Rocktation, farano
Re: Five (5) Ways To Move On After Being A Victim Of Rape In Nigeria. by DOUBLEWAHALA: 11:03am On Oct 17, 2017
when you are raped the only thing to do is don't tell anybody

is like when you did an abortion you don't tell no one you keep it to yourself
Re: Five (5) Ways To Move On After Being A Victim Of Rape In Nigeria. by chatinent: 11:37am On Oct 17, 2017
DOUBLEWAHALA:
when you are raped the only thing to do is don't tell anybody

is like when you did an abortion you don't tell no one you keep it to yourself
And what happens when the secreted rape begets pregnancy?
Re: Five (5) Ways To Move On After Being A Victim Of Rape In Nigeria. by DOUBLEWAHALA: 2:18pm On Oct 17, 2017
chatinent:

And what happens when the secreted rape begets pregnancy?
it begets abortion
Re: Five (5) Ways To Move On After Being A Victim Of Rape In Nigeria. by pocohantas(f): 2:23pm On Oct 17, 2017
You did well OP. Going for counselling is advised.

The victim should avoid Nairaland.
There are lots of rapist and rapist apologists here...I don't want to mention their names, they know themselves.

When the victim sees them blaming victims and creating excuses for the rapist...it would further throw him or her into trauma.

(1) (Reply)

Natural Premature Sex Solution - Free / 10 Ridiculous Things Heart Break Makes You Do Following Threads On Nairaland / Vote For The Best Love Scene- London Based Movie Producer Request 2017.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.