Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,773 members, 7,851,636 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:19 AM

Why I Accepted To Be Aare Ona Kakanfo ― Gani Adams - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Accepted To Be Aare Ona Kakanfo ― Gani Adams (20284 Views)

Operation Amotekun: Don't Blame Aare Ona Kakanfo If It Fails - Gani Adams / Femi Otedola: Why I Accepted PDP Offer To Run Against Ambode. / Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Accepted To Be Aare Ona Kakanfo ― Gani Adams by Basic123: 4:49pm On Oct 18, 2017
id911:

I sometimes shake my head in disbelief when I hear some Yorubas talk. Northerners are stealing left, right, centre and installing their people in important positions, Yoruba will keep mute and even hail them but when a small thing is giving to a Southerner, Yorubas will use their propaganda machines to destroy the integrity of the person concern.

Instead of you to congratulate him and wish him well, you typed rubbish. Anyways I'm not Yoruba, eno concern me
Like nnandi azikwe condemned tafawa balewa

Like alex ekwueme condemned shagari

Like arthur nzeribe condemned Abacha

Like igbo people supported awolowo in 1979

like igbo people supported Abiola in 1993

YOU IGBO SHOULD GET OVER 2015 ELECTION,STOP YOUR HOLIER THAN THOU.

1 Like

Re: Why I Accepted To Be Aare Ona Kakanfo ― Gani Adams by Basic123: 4:53pm On Oct 18, 2017
tishbite41:
southerners re cursed. they dnt protect dere own
Thank you jare.Including IGBOs.I hate it when they pretend to love other southerners in the name of 2015 election!
Re: Why I Accepted To Be Aare Ona Kakanfo ― Gani Adams by Fourwinds: 5:20pm On Oct 18, 2017
naijalo:

There is nothing call aare on kankafo of yoruland. It is aare on kankaofo of Oyo...

Yoruba don't have an title call aare on kankafo.. it shows you people are not Yoruba people..

There is only for Oyo.. go and read books.. Mr seen osewa.. you no go to school. When I have time. I will show you old books..

Even in secondary School history books.. it clearly shows you are on kankaofo of Oyo..and not Yoruba
I find it difficult to understand what you wrote
Re: Why I Accepted To Be Aare Ona Kakanfo ― Gani Adams by PierreDeFermath(m): 5:20pm On Oct 18, 2017
naijalo:

There is nothing call aare on kankafo of yoruland. It is aare on kankaofo of Oyo...

Yoruba don't have an title call aare on kankafo.. it shows you people are not Yoruba people..

There is only for Oyo.. go and read books.. Mr seen osewa.. you no go to school. When I have time. I will show you old books..

Even in secondary School history books.. it clearly shows you are on kankaofo of Oyo..and not Yoruba
you are obviously not yoruba and know nothing about our culture. its Aare Ona Kakanfo of the whole yorubaland and not Oyo kingdom. it means Field Marshall of Yorubaland and not conferred on ordinary people . even Obasanjo dreamt of it and wasn't conferred. this young man must have something really special to be conferred Aare Ona Kakanfo. The seat has been empty since MKO died
Re: Why I Accepted To Be Aare Ona Kakanfo ― Gani Adams by mytym(m): 7:27pm On Oct 18, 2017
factsandfigures:
As we are approaching 2019 and the renewed clamour for restructuring by the South West, installing the Are Ona Kankafo of Yoruba land is pregnant with meaning.
You're very correct! The most recent guys who held it 'used their head to clear troubles' (Wón fi èmí won rúbo ogun)

The last Person was M.K.O who got there after S.L. A. Both of whom died in the struggle of a Yoruba emancipation pursuit.

There's definitely an imminent storm.
Aares don't usually survive the impending doom, that's why it takes years before any 'brave' somebody accept the title.
Re: Why I Accepted To Be Aare Ona Kakanfo ― Gani Adams by 9jaCrusade: 9:57pm On Oct 18, 2017
Lanretoye:
i doubt the capacity of this man in that position as a yourba man that I am,he doesn't have that dogmatism...what happened to the oil pipeline funds he collected from GEJ.
That was Fredrick Faseun, not Adams
Re: Why I Accepted To Be Aare Ona Kakanfo ― Gani Adams by deomelo: 10:34pm On Oct 18, 2017
His love and affection for Yoruba land Is unquestionable and unshaken.

He paid his dues.

Congrats to Otunba Adams.
Re: Why I Accepted To Be Aare Ona Kakanfo ― Gani Adams by Nobody: 10:42pm On Oct 18, 2017
baby124:

Why? You don't have a root? What is your problem with people's culture or are you afraid?

Have you heard the word globalisation?
Re: Why I Accepted To Be Aare Ona Kakanfo ― Gani Adams by baby124: 11:17pm On Oct 18, 2017
euromilion:

Have you heard the word globalisation?
No I have not. Mr Global. Even the Brits still uphold their monarchy. You guys that like to pretend you are so polished make me laugh.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Accepted To Be Aare Ona Kakanfo ― Gani Adams by Lanretoye(m): 7:34am On Oct 20, 2017
id911:

I sometimes shake my head in disbelief when I hear some Yorubas talk. Northerners are stealing left, right, centre and installing their people in important positions, Yoruba will keep mute and even hail them but when a small thing is giving to a Southerner, Yorubas will use their propaganda machines to destroy the integrity of the person concern.

Instead of you to congratulate him and wish him well, you typed rubbish. Anyways I'm not Yoruba, eno concern me
don't be foolish,that is not a position but a tittle that has nothing to do with the Federal govt...secondly don't allow ethnic or tribal sentiments determine ur destiny.
Re: Why I Accepted To Be Aare Ona Kakanfo ― Gani Adams by juman(m): 7:15am On Oct 28, 2017
PierreDeFermath:
even Obasanjo dreamt of it and wasn't conferred. this young man must have something really special to be conferred Aare Ona Kakanfo. The seat has been empty since MKO died

I think the person that would have been better than gani adams was dr. frederick fasehun, but he is very old man. So a younger person like adams is preferable.

Obasanjo is not a responsible person, the position is not for somebody like him.
Re: Why I Accepted To Be Aare Ona Kakanfo ― Gani Adams by juman(m): 7:19am On Oct 28, 2017
I wonder who is the present bashorun of ibadan.

MKO was also bashorun.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

El-Rufai: The Self Appointed Spokesman Could Sell The North, APC For VP Ambition / Buhari's Regime Is Obsessed With Bishop Kukah - Kperogi / Labour Party Campaign Director, Other Members In Bauchi Dump Party And Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.