Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,069 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:19 AM

5 Ways To Control The Amount Of Food You Eat Without Starving - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 5 Ways To Control The Amount Of Food You Eat Without Starving (21306 Views)

I Cant Eat Without Excess Pepper In My Food. Why? / What Is One Food You Could Not Live Without? Why? / Name The Food You Hate, But Other People Like Eating It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Ways To Control The Amount Of Food You Eat Without Starving by ifyain: 9:46am On Oct 19, 2017
The best way to lose weight is the old religious way, fast and pray, I don,t mean literally. just eat whatever you like for four days and fast for three days.
Re: 5 Ways To Control The Amount Of Food You Eat Without Starving by IamShiningStar(f): 9:51am On Oct 19, 2017
Realfitbody:
Hello, guys, it's your favorite health blogger, Paul Samuel FitnessDoctor

I am completely against starving yourself to look good, although many celebrities claim to do it, one thing you and I know is that many hot looking celebrities have money to spend on hospital bills when their body starts reacting to the lack of sufficient nutrients (which might due to starvation).

To look good you need to think about the way healthy good looking people do and not just grab any advice you see on the internet, you need something that works and most importantly something that can work for you.

These tips are not to trick your body into believing that it is full. It's more of discipline.

5 Ways To Control The Amount Of Food You Eat Without Starving

1. Decide How Much You Want to Eat

Decide how much food you will be willing to consume and your body will readily accept it. Although it would not be easy at first, you will be able to scale through if you remain true to yourself.

This will also help you maintain your weight long term as you are in control how much calories you consume and how you make use of them.

Making this decision simply means staying off the excess calories you normally consume all in the name of them being irresistible (a.k.a longthroat). After your dinner, don't go for any other meal just because you feel that your body needs more. Make that decision and stick to it.

2. Drink Water Before and During Eating

Make sure you drink water before eating as this makes you get full quickly and helps control your food intake. Also, drink water in between meals to help you eat less.

When I say drink water, I don't mean you just take a sip like Celebrities do when drinking wine on Africa Magic. Take enough.

Drinking water before and during meals is one of the best ways to control your food intake. Maybe its because it requires less discipline.

3. Smaller Plates, Smaller Meals

Use smaller plates, and eat smaller meals, these aids in quick digestion and allows you to make use of the calories that comes out of these foods.

Copyright: Paul Samuel FitnessDoctor (realfitbody.com)

Also eating smaller meals helps you moderate the amount of food you eat, although losing fat is not about reducing the amount of food you eat but reducing the number of calories you consume. A small meal should contain more proteins and fiber and less carbohydrate or simply just half your normal meal.

4. Chew Slowly and Longer

I believe the reason why most people eat a lot more food is that of 3 main reasons.

1. They allow themselves to go extremely hungry before they eat
2. They eat very fast.
3. They don’t want to control themselves

Take longer time to chew your meals and chew them slowly enough. Enjoy the taste of the food. If you think this is weird, then you are not thinking the way healthy good looking people do.

5. Drink More Water

Water is required to make your brain and organs work more efficiently and that is why sometimes we feel confused, easily fatigued and thirsty.

Also, increased water intake reduces food cravings which normally makes us eat more.

The recommended intake of water is at least 2 litres of water (6 - 10 glasses). But I recommend that whatever you take should depend on your weight, age and lifestyle as those who have more weight and have high activity levels should take more water.

I normally go for as many as I can, but you can put that between 8 – 10 glasses of water a day.

6. Proteins

Filling your plate with proteins help you fill up quickly and also stay full. A small breakfast of bread, tea, and eggs is good enough to keep you running for the day before your next big meal.

So there you have it

source: http://www.realfitbody.com/2017/10/5-ways-to-control-amount-of-food-you.html

Awesome
Re: 5 Ways To Control The Amount Of Food You Eat Without Starving by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 19, 2017
I really don't eat much. I am very selective. My problem is lack of exercise. The zeal to do it.
Re: 5 Ways To Control The Amount Of Food You Eat Without Starving by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 10:12am On Oct 19, 2017
kay29000:
Why don't people write on how to gain weight for skinny people like me? Everyone is always writing on how you can lose weight. undecided
better don't gain weight because I don't want you coming here to disturb with how you need help to lose weight grin
The lighter the better. grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Control The Amount Of Food You Eat Without Starving by kay29000(m): 10:15am On Oct 19, 2017
MISSCONGENIALITY:
better don't gain weight because I don't want you coming here to disturb with how you need help to lose weight grin
The lighter the better. grin

So you prefer a skinny guy to a chubby guy ?
Re: 5 Ways To Control The Amount Of Food You Eat Without Starving by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 10:17am On Oct 19, 2017
I can't do that number 4 biko. It will only kill my appetite.
I eat little but I don't chew food slowly and it has to be hot. If you don't want me to eat your food, just allow the hotness to reduce after cooking it. I will gladly tell you to enjoy your meal. The hotter the better because it will make me eat fast and the food will not bore me. The smaller too the better. Plenty food looks tiring to eat
Re: 5 Ways To Control The Amount Of Food You Eat Without Starving by YelloweWest: 10:19am On Oct 19, 2017
Proudlyngwa:
The best way is to look for that particular thing, that can confuse your tummy, that it's full.
Popcorn does wonders
Cucumber and watermelon for me

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Control The Amount Of Food You Eat Without Starving by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 10:23am On Oct 19, 2017
kay29000:

So you prefer a skinny guy to a chubby guy ?
some people look good skinny and fresh not skinny and dry like some one that's been sick for ages

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Control The Amount Of Food You Eat Without Starving by kay29000(m): 10:25am On Oct 19, 2017
MISSCONGENIALITY:
some people look good skinny and fresh not skinny and dry like some one that's been sick for ages

Lol! Okay. I understand you.

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Control The Amount Of Food You Eat Without Starving by chidonbu: 10:34am On Oct 19, 2017
fxbking:
I.T Training and Certification Online, Click here:- http://dimoch.com/stgapply.html
Re: 5 Ways To Control The Amount Of Food You Eat Without Starving by kingvico(m): 10:39am On Oct 19, 2017
Realfitbody post=
[/quote][/b][quote author=Realfitbody
:

[b]2. Drink Water Before and During

When I say drink water, I don't mean you just take a sip like Celebrities do when drinking wine on Africa Magic. Take enough.

this part gat me cracking #hehe
Re: 5 Ways To Control The Amount Of Food You Eat Without Starving by charlsecy(m): 10:40am On Oct 19, 2017
Me77:
The best, effective way to bring down your weight is by undergoing 'water fasting'
What do you mean by water fasting? How does it work?
Re: 5 Ways To Control The Amount Of Food You Eat Without Starving by asahnwaKC: 10:44am On Oct 19, 2017
Wonderful op.....
Re: 5 Ways To Control The Amount Of Food You Eat Without Starving by adegoody(m): 10:58am On Oct 19, 2017
BornnAgainChild:
All those actresses in the first pix are pretending...you need to see what they eat off camera..i swear you'd be like oh lord take control undecided

Anyway sha for me this is what i eat

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Control The Amount Of Food You Eat Without Starving by Nobody: 11:21am On Oct 19, 2017
Me77:
The best, effective way to bring down your weight is by undergoing 'water fasting' at least for 30 days.
I am on my 4th day, and I have seen drastic changes, with a very flat tummy.

grin grin
Re: 5 Ways To Control The Amount Of Food You Eat Without Starving by BuddhaPalm(m): 11:26am On Oct 19, 2017
Thanks bud!

Just what yours truly needs.
Re: 5 Ways To Control The Amount Of Food You Eat Without Starving by ladyF(f): 11:57am On Oct 19, 2017
Very helpful. I really need to lose weight cry

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Control The Amount Of Food You Eat Without Starving by esthel(f): 12:00pm On Oct 19, 2017
please let me eat, the ones i eat isn't even sufficient for my system, work and its stress will drain everything before u say jack, so when i see good food lemme yo like bekun bekun
Re: 5 Ways To Control The Amount Of Food You Eat Without Starving by BornnAgainChild(f): 12:13pm On Oct 19, 2017
adegoody:

Looks like Indomie made in Unilag grin

Try again grin
Re: 5 Ways To Control The Amount Of Food You Eat Without Starving by agarawu23(m): 12:28pm On Oct 19, 2017
ladyF:
Very helpful. I really need to lose weight cry

if I sand u, wetin u wan lose? grin grin grin
Re: 5 Ways To Control The Amount Of Food You Eat Without Starving by francis247(m): 12:44pm On Oct 19, 2017
Me77:
The best, effective way to bring down your weight is by undergoing 'water fasting' at least for 30 days.
I am on my 4th day, and I have seen drastic changes, with a very flat tummy.
Continue. Na ur brain go hear am.
Re: 5 Ways To Control The Amount Of Food You Eat Without Starving by olowobaba10: 1:28pm On Oct 19, 2017
PLS DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR, JUST REMOVE THE COKE
BornnAgainChild:
All those actresses in the first pix are pretending...you need to see what they eat off camera..i swear you'd be like oh lord take control undecided

Anyway sha for me this is what i eat
Re: 5 Ways To Control The Amount Of Food You Eat Without Starving by olowobaba10: 1:32pm On Oct 19, 2017
THANKS PAUL AND KEEP IT UP THOUGH MANY PEOPLE WILL NOT UNDERSTAND THE VALUE OF THIS THREAD. THEY WILL LIKE TO EAT WHATEVER THEY WANT FORGETTING THAT MODERATION AND FREQUENCY MATTERS A LOT IN WHATEVER WE EAT.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Control The Amount Of Food You Eat Without Starving by fowlyansh181(m): 3:33pm On Oct 19, 2017
MISSCONGENIALITY:
I can't do that number 4 biko. It will only kill my appetite.
I eat little but I don't chew food slowly and it has to be hot. If you don't want me to eat your food, just allow the hotness to reduce after cooking it. I will gladly tell you to enjoy your meal. The hotter the better because it will make me eat fast and the food will not bore me. The smaller too the better. Plenty food looks tiring to eat
appetite is what you need to kill if you want to loose weight . Don't eat because you want to satisfy your appetite, eat because you are hungry .
Re: 5 Ways To Control The Amount Of Food You Eat Without Starving by BornnAgainChild(f): 4:02pm On Oct 19, 2017
olowobaba10:
PLS DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR, JUST REMOVE THE COKE

Ok...#done
Re: 5 Ways To Control The Amount Of Food You Eat Without Starving by josephhun: 4:10pm On Oct 19, 2017
I know that on Jiji you can find what you want. The best site.
Re: 5 Ways To Control The Amount Of Food You Eat Without Starving by ladyF(f): 4:16pm On Oct 19, 2017
agarawu23:
if I sand u, wetin u wan lose? grin grin grin
The excess fat dear.... cry
Re: 5 Ways To Control The Amount Of Food You Eat Without Starving by zurielsam(m): 4:34pm On Oct 19, 2017
tstx:
Even garri dey fat person up..

lols
Re: 5 Ways To Control The Amount Of Food You Eat Without Starving by Me77: 5:57pm On Oct 19, 2017
charlsecy:
What do you mean by water fasting? How does it work?
Here is all you need to know..
https://m.wikihow.com/Perform-a-Water-Fast

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Control The Amount Of Food You Eat Without Starving by Realfitbody: 6:21pm On Oct 19, 2017
Me77:

Here is all you need to know..
https://m.wikihow.com/Perform-a-Water-Fast

Did you read this on that site which talks about Water Fast

Short-term calorie restriction may help you live a longer, healthier life if done correctly – but fasting can also be dangerous.[2] Whatever your goal, approach water fasting safely – ease into it, work with an experienced healthcare professional, recognize signs of when to stop, and transition back to food slowly.
Re: 5 Ways To Control The Amount Of Food You Eat Without Starving by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 6:40pm On Oct 19, 2017
fowlyansh181:
appetite is what you need to kill if you want to loose weight . Don't eat because you want to satisfy your appetite, eat because you are hungry .
I eat God I'm hungry. That's why I rush hot food and gobble one or two spoons and I'm done with eating grin grin
Re: 5 Ways To Control The Amount Of Food You Eat Without Starving by Me77: 9:08pm On Oct 19, 2017
Realfitbody:

Did you read this on that site which talks about Water Fast

Short-term calorie restriction may help you live a longer, healthier life if done correctly – but fasting can also be dangerous.[2] Whatever your goal, approach water fasting safely – ease into it, work with an experienced healthcare professional, recognize signs of when to stop, and transition back to food slowly.

The key to water fasting is making up your mind and discipline. I hardly think undergoing water fasting will be dangerous, since water comprises minerals which are essential to the body and serve as detox. They've been report of people suffering from arthritis and some certain ailments, feels a whole lot better after completing their water fast.
Healthcare professionals don't know everything, ask them if they've ever undergo such fasting, or experience it themselves,.? they would hardly answer in the affirmative. They most likely based their opinions on the negative aspects to scared people to consult them, so that they can always bill them.
There are many youtube.com channels, on water fast, with alot of positive comments to help.
You don't need a Healthcare professional for every single decision in your life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J8YglJ0O8A&itct=CAoQpDAYAyITCJzogZK4_dYCFYmFVQodvZ0LFjIHcmVsYXRlZEievej-vfjS0C8%3D&hl=en&gl=NG&client=mv-google

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Recipe For Meatpie (naija Style) / A Shitty Experience / What Food Is Your Town Or State Known For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.