Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,102 members, 7,818,294 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

Life And A Sixteen-year-old By Lemuel Irabor - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Life And A Sixteen-year-old By Lemuel Irabor (38098 Views)

Gabriel Irabor. Dynamic CEO on the Cover Of Royal Diamond Magazine International / Sweet Sixteen JAMB 2018 / Deeper Than Love- Stories By Sarah Irabor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life And A Sixteen-year-old By Lemuel Irabor by ssogundele(m): 12:51pm On Feb 06, 2019
Torg77:
Watch out for this girl she helps yahoo boys organise girls to get raped and to steal their pants ..her name is Judith
Kindly report it to the police and notify the admin about it so that what's appropriate can be done
Re: Life And A Sixteen-year-old By Lemuel Irabor by carloz685(m): 9:43pm On Jan 05, 2021
Honestly, this was one of the most beautiful stories I've read so far. it's been years since any sign of progress.

it's so sad that it's abandoned, I feel really sad. most times I reread it, to feel the thrill I felt the first time.

it's heartbreaking to see it come to an end like this. I know you're busy and all, everyone is aiming for something. Just so you know, I was touched by this awesome story and would love to read the whole thing.

More grease to your elbow bruv.

1 Like

Re: Life And A Sixteen-year-old By Lemuel Irabor by carloz685(m): 2:43am On Jan 06, 2021
LemuelIrabor:

A nudge in the guts from my impossible seatmate and pal, the irrepressible Joseph Etuk was all it took to bring me back to base. And damn, it hurt.
“What, is this Frustrate-Martin-Till-He-Does-Something-He’ll-Regret day now?”, I spat angrily as I faced him.
Joe had been laughing at something he’d read in a piece of paper in his hand, but with the unrefined manner in which I reacted, his lips became taut with apprehension.
“Is anything the matter, Martin?”
I could tell Joe was mad at me, or at least so confused that he didn’t use his usual choice of words, preferring to call me directly by my given name. Who wouldn’t be?
I didn’t answer Joe’s question right away. I turned towards the front where Miss Alabi was answering the questions she’d written on the board as a classwork exercise. Why she even tried, I wondered.
Perhaps she..
“Martin, buddy, answer me,” Joe said as he shook my sleeve. His tone had changed from one of indignation to one of concern.
I shook my head pitifully. I was ruining my friendship with my present attittude.
“You won’t understand, man.”
“Try me.”
Joe refused to back off so easily. Maybe he thought he was finally getting somewhere.
I was just about to throw another temper tantrum at him, when the bell rang for a change of classes. As if on cue, everyone proceeded to dump their English texts and notes in their bag packs and slowly file out enroute the Physics laboratory. Miss Alabi was no where to be found. Apparently, she too had been waiting for the toll of the bell to take-off.
Joe grabbed my arm as I tried to join the line ahead in a bid to escape any more uncomfortable questionss from him.
Why is everyone stopping me in my tracks these days?
“Tell me, after Physics class. We good?”
OK, now Joe was beginning to sound like my father.
And before I could say another word, he disappeared into the exodus of final year students, moving to the Physics lab.
Oh, crap! Can this day just end already?

PLEASE SCROLL DOWN

I had to quote, forgot how to mention. I just reread the whole thing this night and I must say, I regret being a silent reader.

Heard the story is an ebook I would love to get a copy. I badly want to know what's up with the characters.

PS: I ship Marty and Tessy.

Love your choice of words funny puns, character and world building, it's more like you bring what you are to the world and let them see the you, you are.

This is awesome believe me, anyone who thinks otherwise can visit the place of damnation and stay there.
Re: Life And A Sixteen-year-old By Lemuel Irabor by carloz685(m): 11:26pm On Apr 13, 2022
I'm back here, hoping and praying I get to see the end of this story.
Re: Life And A Sixteen-year-old By Lemuel Irabor by guyXander(m): 9:41am On Apr 14, 2022
LemuelIrabor:
Life and a Sixteen-Year-Old by Lemuel Irabor

All Rights Reserved.

© Lemuel Irabor
2016-

I love your writing partner. Check my bio.

16-Sept.

Life is so complicated!
Sometimes I don't even get it.Look at it this way:God created apples for eating.But insatiable humans had to squash the apple to get the pulp for apple pies,etc. and extract the juice in big machines and add lots and lots of health hazards,just so we can have drinks like 5 Alive and Lacasera.
That's not the complicated part.
It's when they give us tests in class asking us to explain the processes involved that really irks.
I mean,who does that?
Sigh.
All I wanna write is that the apple-in whatever form-gets into the stomach of man.

Again I wan..
Oh!Hi there.
You may be reading this and wondering who could be writing this.
Well..
I'm Martin. Sixteen. Nigerian. 174cm tall.
And believe me I have my share of problems.UNfair share of problems.
And now you're trespassing..
Don't you know it's impolite to read someone's diary?
Wait..
On second thought,maybe I should let you have a 'little' peek.
Then maybe you'd understand when I say life is tough.
So there you pretty much have it.I've given you my description.I guess you could even picture me in your mind.

NB:I'm fair-skinned.So don't picture me as a young version of Tunde Baiyewu.

Today I begin a new term of a new session in a new class in a new school in a new neighbourhood in a new..
Ok.OK.You get it right?
My family moved from our old neighbourhood in Shasha to the state capital,Ikeja(Yeah..Lagos State).
I guess you're probably wondering why we left that old neighbourhood.That's a tale for another day.
Dad drove us to school:me,the firstborn;my sister Martha,the middle child and Marvel(Haha.. If you read Spiderman or Incredible Hawk comics I know you're probably laughing right now).
I'm in my final year of High School(Senior High).
Martha's two classes below me.She's fourteen.
And Marvel's is in his last year of Junior High.He's eleven.
NB:Nigeria uses the 6-3-3-4 educational system.
I'd read a lot about Bedford High School and once,in my old school,we were opponents in a debate.But I never imagined it was this..BIG.
I don't wanna bore you with architectural descriptions and stuff,but it was bigger than most of the other private secondary schools in that area.
In structure. In population.
Sigh.
I still miss Lord Lugard(Gotcha! Hehe..my old school was Lord Lugard Memorial High).

I had eight classes today.Forty minutes alotted to each subject with a break period for lunch after the fourth class and before the fifth.
English was fun.I'd always aced English all my educational career.A burly boy slept through English,snoring annoyingly.Our classmates had a blast painting moustaches and a weird beard on his face.
The skinny girl who sits in front painted rabbit incisors on his lips.
We all laughed when the boy was roused suddenly by the teacher's question on gerunds.He sat upright suddenly.His tongue still out,plus the rabbit grafitti joined to make the semblance of a bunny munching a carrot!
(I'm still laughing now at the memory).
Physics was great too..
Had a pretty funny teacher,Mr D and even the snoozing boy stayed awake throughout.
I made a new friend,my seatmate.A dude called Joseph. He seems intelligent and we exchanged contacts.
Uhm..there was this girl too.An obvious coquette.Good-looking though. I ignored her.
I don't have time for girls.
Weird right?A teen's supposed to have raging hormones.But I believe God gave us self-control for our own good.
So don't be surprised that I'm a virgin and vowing to stay one till I get married,if that ever happens.

Mom picked us up from school.She works in the Fertility Clinic at Lagoon Hospitals.A nurse and partial housewife.We love her loads.
Spent the rest of the day reading Ebooks and Paperbacks.
I downloaded the entire Sherlock Holmes collection from UC Forum.
I like murder mysteries.I prefer to solve them as I read not just wait till the end of the novel to know who did the crime.
Martha and Marvel watched Nickelodeon and Zee World.
Mom complained at dinnertime about my reticence.She just doesn't get it.
She tried making small talk but I only nodded in response.
Mom doesn't know that I'd noticed that there was a fast-growing rift between her and dad.
It's amazing that parents never expect or anticipate how smart their kids can get.Yet they pray for smart kids.

Whatever.

Joe called.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The River / Tears Of A Soldier............ A Military War Story / Love Cycle [pre-destiny]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.