Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,919 members, 7,814,094 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs (23919 Views)

CBN Monitors 6,047 Bvns Over Suspected Fraudulent Transactions / Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss / Ten Things Wrong With The Order To Forfeit Sums In Account Not Linked To BVN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by Shawnnn01: 11:25am On Oct 22, 2017
leofab:
All my NYSC allowee is in my zenith bank and thy refuse to give me Bvn claiming that I have done it someone else.. this is fustrating and won't go well with this fraudulent government if they confiscated my hard hearned allowance..
You will perish lying.

2 Likes

Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by Flaghouse1: 11:30am On Oct 22, 2017
omokab:
I have already answer your question before when I said that those in prison or living abroad who have no opportunity to come home and do their Bvn should go to court and seek for court order to attenticate their reason for not coming home during the exercise. Majority of the money we are talking about is in million and billions. If not in prison and you have five million of naira in your account and the money is genuine please what are you doing in abroad that will not make you not to come home and do the Bvn. Am sure the majority of them,let say 95 percent will never come and ask for it again in life. If a civil servant can have 100 million in account, do you think he will ever come for it again? Where would he say he get it from? These are the money belonging to federal or state government or possibly money they suppose to give the government employee but will keep in sepate accoint for some years to yield interest and if no question on it again they will withdraw it and clean mouth.

Noted ,will try those centres outside the country if they are still doing BVN registration, the corrupt civil srrvants having such accounts will never show up for collection again.

@bolded refers ,you know our system authenticating reasons in court for not doing BVN will create avenues for unscrupulous to begin reaping people in terms of exaggerated processing fees.

Thanks once again

1 Like

Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by erico2k2(m): 11:34am On Oct 22, 2017
Bolustical:
Mama Piss and Mrs Diezani, Sarekiri must be part owners in such unclaimed monies.

It is hard for these three not to have hands in huge money laundering cases in Nigeria.
why are some of so ignorant,dont you think if they have money laundry problem their money will be frozen by now? are you not in tune with the news or you just like repeating the names of these two ladies, do you get off with it?/
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by omokab: 11:36am On Oct 22, 2017
sniperr007:

Do u know the impact it has on the banks? Billions will b wiped out their books.

Meaning sone banks can fail, sack workers,not loan money etc.

Final conclusion, the economy will tank...
remember that we claim to b outta recession becos oil price has stabled btw 50-55 dollars so imagine I the banks starts to struggle.
I got your point it doesn't work like that. What about the dead ones that their family don't even have knowledge of their money and bank has been using their money to borrow customers over a years? What about criminal activity perform by these banks for intentional collecting looted money from government official and managing for them? Most of the money we are talking about, banks know the owners of them but they will never mention them. Please don't pity them they know what they are doing. To those on abroad I will say they should go to court to get justice for the money they laboured for. Banks in Nigeria should practise real banking system not thief banking system. What about unnecessary deduction banks were deducting from customers accoint. Time is coming for that too. You also mentioned recession. It can never cause recession for the fact that the money will be kept with CBN and manage by federal government to finance capital project or possibly used to offset some debt. Mismanagement is what can cause economic problem.
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by erico2k2(m): 11:37am On Oct 22, 2017
guapac:

And please what happens to accounts of those who are abroad and have not been to Nigeria since this issue of BVN.
Abroad where?,what country? we where given centres to do ours in teh UK, are you seriously telling us you aint done yours?
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by erico2k2(m): 11:39am On Oct 22, 2017
omokab:
I got your point it doesn't work like that. What about the dead ones that their family don't even have knowledge of their money and bank has been using their money to borrow customers over a years? What about criminal activity perform by these banks for intentional collecting looted money from government official and managing for them? Most of the money we are talking about, banks know the owners of them but they will never mention them. Please don't pity them they know what they are doing. To those on abroad I will say they should go to court to get justice for the money they laboured for. Banks in Nigeria should practise real banking system not thief banking system. What about unnecessary deduction banks were deducting from customers accoint. Time is coming for that too. You also mentioned recession. It can never cause recession for the fact that the money will be kept with CBN and manage by federal government to finance capital project or possibly used to offset some debt. Mismanagement is what can cause economic problem.
Does abroad where given centers by their bank to do this,if anyone has not done his then they have themselves to blame.they had ample amount of time to do this.The bank have good communication network to effect this request.
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by AleAirHub(m): 11:40am On Oct 22, 2017
Wire wire guys and bank manager's right now grin grin grin

Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by ibietela2(m): 11:41am On Oct 22, 2017
seunmsg:

Government is talking about accounts not linked to BVN at all. If you have lost your BVN number, simply go back to your bank and get it.

I really don't see why some so called analyst are against this move. If government don't take custody of the funds, the banks will use it as they like forever. The funds in the unlinked accounts have been there since 2015 without anybody claiming it. Government should take custody of the funds and use it judiciously for the good of the entire country few people .

Fixed
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by erico2k2(m): 11:41am On Oct 22, 2017
gabe:
I'm seeing very vacuous arguments against the move. Anyone in Nigeria without a BVN linked to his/her account at this time after about 2-3 years of announcements, adverts and deadlines is DEFINITELY hiding something. Even old people in the village came out to queue when I did my BVN. We have heard stories of how banks help corrupt govt officials launder funds. No way they are linking accounts like that to BVN. One investigation in benue state revealed the ex governor Suswam parked about N18 billion in a first bank account. Till tomorrow, nothing has been done about that money. Kudos to the FG. This move is long overdue.
This is true, but are you sure these so called government officials are going to deal with themselves?

1 Like

Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by Henrick007: 11:41am On Oct 22, 2017
Bolustical:
If not the fact that such monies were gotten through illegal means, why would anyone to leave his money unidentified and unclaimed since BVN commenced way back in 2014?

This is a right step in the right direction.
A very wrong move, let think about prisoners that have accounts too...
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by ibietela2(m): 11:41am On Oct 22, 2017
Bolustical:
If not the fact that such monies were gotten through illegal means, why would anyone to leave his money unidentified and unclaimed since BVN commenced way back in 2014?

A dead person?
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by joinnow: 11:42am On Oct 22, 2017
It looks like government want to borrow from the citizens without paying back the loan.
Eyah

2 Likes

Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by erico2k2(m): 11:43am On Oct 22, 2017
AleAirHub:
Wire wire guys and bank manager's right now grin grin grin
see you, wire wire guys get BVN, infact nah dem first us get grin grin grin
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by AleAirHub(m): 11:49am On Oct 22, 2017
Well everything dey possible sha cry cry cry
erico2k2:

see you, wire wire guys get BVN, infact nah dem first us get grin grin grin
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by LEXYCOM: 12:02pm On Oct 22, 2017
Mogbe oooooooo. My two thousand Naira in Sterling bank is at risk ooooooo
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by Bcbabe(f): 12:16pm On Oct 22, 2017
aolawale025:
Accounts are not linked to BVN due to various reasons. The FG should have identified the accounts they want to target. Not a blanket order
First bank Bariga never give me my own self....thank God I don comot my chicken change from d account..... undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by sneak3(m): 12:26pm On Oct 22, 2017
leofab:
All my NYSC allowee is in my zenith bank and thy refuse to give me Bvn claiming that I have done it someone else.. this is fustrating and won't go well with this fraudulent government if they confiscated my hard hearned allowance..

Simply go back to the bank of first enrollment, collect the BvN and take it to zenith to link to your account and u are home and dry.
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by tbanj07(m): 12:56pm On Oct 22, 2017
Dead people don't complain...that's the only time I will not be able to claim anything

somehow:
Then don't complain if no one comes forward to claim the money when you die na. Govt will claim all unclaimed monies instead of leaving it to the banks to enjoy alone.
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by tbanj07(m): 12:58pm On Oct 22, 2017
Dead people don't complain...that's the only time I will not be able to claim anything

free2ryhme:

what happens to the account when you become vegetable or dead
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by sniperr007(m): 1:08pm On Oct 22, 2017
omokab:

Will you blame the bank for trading with someone's money because the person didn't open up to his family or cos his family dont want his money?

Is it right for government to take what Belo Gs to the citizens because they r dead or unavailable?

This action is gonna set lots of precedence in Nigeria if accepted.

It means the next government can take whatever they want from the citizens based on whatever reason they give.

Gradually later government will take basic rights in name of national security.

Dictatorship starts gradually and its the docile nature of the citizens that allow dictators to survive.

To me oh. Whether the bank trades with stolen funds or dead poles funds, its wrong & unconstitutional for the government to take the money of its citizens.

Matters like this makes it clear that legislative arm is jus a branch of the presidency
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by Teacher1776(m): 1:18pm On Oct 22, 2017
seunmsg:

Government is talking about accounts not linked to BVN at all. If you have lost your BVN number, simply go back to your bank and get it.

I really don't see why some so called analyst are against this move. If government don't take custody of the funds, the banks will use it as they like forever. The funds in the unlinked accounts have been there since 2015 without anybody claiming it. Government should take custody of the funds and use it judiciously for the good of the entire country.

If no one is claiming those cash not linked to BVN, the bank must take a further step to contact those customers or their next of kins. They are probably accounts hold by individuals who are no longer alive, and whose families are not even aware that their dead relation left such cash in a bank.
Those monies are never government monies.
The government should help citizens whose cash are trapped in banks to recover their savings, and not using the guise of non-VBN registration to systematically STEAL them.
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by Abeyjide: 1:25pm On Oct 22, 2017
My money my money ooooo.
30 billion for my account ooo
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by victorioushands: 2:30pm On Oct 22, 2017
krendo:
What about those that have lost their BVNs?

This ruling is divorced from reality, there are a whole lot of old fashioned bank users not in tune with modern technology and needing to catch up

I don't see the benefit of this policy other than another example of a government that lacks human face.

This is all Buhari knows how to do, seize seize and seize. He does not create or improve anything!

Does Buhari know what a BVN is? Does Buhari know how to use ATM? Does Buhari use internet banking? For Buhari he has a lot of aides to do these things. Most older Nigerians don't and may not have a helper.

This people really need to get real

If you have done your BVN before, you cannot lose it. Simply dial *565# suing the number with which you registered to get your bvn back. BVN is a very good step by the government, it's one of the steps towards proper documentation of Nigerians without which thing may never really get better security wise and otherwise.
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by victorioushands: 2:31pm On Oct 22, 2017
KAYCEEJUNIOR:
If una collect death people money, you are compiling more problem to una administration, una think say na Looted funds. Instead of to advice banks to contact the next of kin to the account holder and monitor the process through Efcc, y'all went into action to even steal from the death.

Lol. But how do you think that anyone who is not afraid of killing people will be afraid of consequences from the dead?
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by nams77: 2:39pm On Oct 22, 2017
seunmsg:

I really don't see why some so called analyst are against this move. If government don't take custody of the funds, the banks will use it as they like forever. The funds in the unlinked accounts have been there since 2015 without anybody claiming it. Government should take custody of the funds and use it judiciously for the good of the entire country.
This is day light robbery! You have the effrontery to say this trash because it is not your money. There are several scenerio that can make a depositor not to do his/BVN. I know of a man down with stroke since 2012. He can't go out, so you want him to forfeit his hard earned money? What of those who are paralyzed, in prison(wrongly or rightly) or those who are in diaspora before the BVN stuff came up. I also know a lady who has about 9k in fidelity bank. She has not done BVN because she has no valid ID card yet.
Most of your guys are really funny (Python1 and cleverly). You are saying this rubbish because it is your Lord that is on the throne. If this was enacted by some other leaders, you would have screamed blue murder!
I have words for you guys though, a day of reckoning is coming. Karma is a b*ch
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by nams77: 2:46pm On Oct 22, 2017
Bolustical:

his is day light robbery! You have the effrontery to say this trash because it is not your money. There are several scenerio that can make a depositor not to do his/BVN. I know of a man down with stroke since 2012. He can't go out, so you want him to forfeit his hard earned money? What of those who are paralyzed, in prison(wrongly or rightly) or those who are in diaspora before the BVN stuff came up. I also know a lady who has about 9k in fidelity bank. She has not done BVN because she has no valid ID card yet.
Most of your guys are really funny (Python1 and cleverly). You are saying this rubbish because it is your Lord that is on the throne. If this was enacted by some other leaders, you would have screamed blue murder!
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by python1: 2:48pm On Oct 22, 2017
nams77:

his is day light robbery! You have the effrontery to say this trash because it is not your money. There are several scenerio that can make a depositor not to do his/BVN. I know of a man down with stroke since 2012. He can't go out, so you want him to forfeit his hard earned money? What of those who are paralyzed, in prison(wrongly or rightly) or those who are in diaspora before the BVN stuff came up. I also know a lady who has about 9k in fidelity bank. She has not done BVN because she has no valid ID card yet.

Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by frankfab(m): 3:13pm On Oct 22, 2017
leofab:
All my NYSC allowee is in my zenith bank and the refused approving my Bvn claiming that I have done it elsewhere.. this is fustrating and won't go well with this fraudulent government if they confiscated my hard earned allowance..
you need to resolve this. May be your personal details doesn't tally
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by Yusman316(m): 3:21pm On Oct 22, 2017
kettykin:
wow so what happens to families of those who died with their money in bank yet to be claimed by their respective families , any way hank God this is happening before this present generation tht seems to have forgotten about the past 20 pounds policy. Nigeria will alway be Nigeria , how come foreign banks dont implement this kind of policies
In foreign banks or sane countries u don't ve these kinds of situations. Where monies re not linked to any person organizations. That's how they re able to checkmate money laundering and fraud cases. It is obvious the monies were not claimed because they were gotten through proceeds of illegality. Imaging claiming a person knows how to make millions or billions in business transactions, but doesn't know how to go about getting a bvn. So funny
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by mike4real2(m): 3:24pm On Oct 22, 2017
It looks like these people need money for 2019 elections. grin
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by leofab(f): 3:25pm On Oct 22, 2017
Thanks
Jerrypolo:

Do you still have the SIM with which you opened the account with?

If yes, look for their mobile banking code (*737# GTBank) and follow the prompt.

There's a section for linking your BVN. Follow through with whatever it says and wolla! you are registered.

At this point, I will advice you to follow the code again and do an online transfer to a safe and dully registered account.

Go get it done and come thank me later.

Note:

I am speaking from experience as my over half a Milly was holed up in GTB prior to stumbling on help like you just did.

I know how you feel.
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by Jerrypolo(m): 3:27pm On Oct 22, 2017
leofab:
Thanks
UWC
Done right?.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Naira Depreciates Further As Dealers Await New FX Regime / If We Devalue Naira Again, We Will Kill Nigerians, Says CBN Governor / Ifeanyi Ubah's Love Letter To Wife On Her Birthday, Shares Wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.