Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,428 members, 7,830,145 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

I Don't Want To Leave My Church, Is This A Deal Breaker? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Don't Want To Leave My Church, Is This A Deal Breaker? (509 Views)

What's Your Deal Breaker In Relationship / Love Of Your Life Can't Have Children. Deal Breaker? / I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don't Want To Leave My Church, Is This A Deal Breaker? by ORAGBON(m): 12:35pm On Oct 22, 2017
I dont want to leave my church,is this a deal breaker?
Jzhane October 21, 2017 Ask Jzhane 1 Comment

Dear Jzhane,

My fiance and I have been together for over three years. We love each other and are from the same state. We love each other so much but there is a problem preventing us from taking the next step: we belong to two different churches.While, most people see it as no big deal,it is for me. All my life I have been a Catholic church member. My parents, my grand parents too. I am actually very proud of my faith as a committed Catholic. My Fiance belongs to a Pentecostal church. He expects me to stop going to the catholic church and join him in his church after we get married. Truth is,I really dont want that. I know we serve the same God but the things I have learnt from being a catholic,I dont want to let go. I feel the virtues I have from the catholic church made me who I am today. I asked my fiance to allow me continue with me faith after marriage and he said if I insist,maybe it is better we end the relationship. I love this guy,I dont want to loose him. Compromising my stand as a catholic will make me sad for the rest of my life,is love enough reason to let go? Perhaps,my fiance may change his mind after the marriage?Kindly advice me,what should I do? Do you know anyone with similar expereince as mine,how did they address this?

From Marlyn,

Oregun,Lagos

Source: www.Livelystones.com.ng
Re: I Don't Want To Leave My Church, Is This A Deal Breaker? by gabinogem(m): 12:38pm On Oct 22, 2017
Then u go need to marry ur church oh & become a nun
Re: I Don't Want To Leave My Church, Is This A Deal Breaker? by brandonobi(m): 12:39pm On Oct 22, 2017
...so if u choose to continue going to a catholic church, he would end the relationship?
he clearly doesn't love you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Don't Want To Leave My Church, Is This A Deal Breaker? by emmanwandud(m): 12:42pm On Oct 22, 2017
If a Christian can marry a Muslim, putting aside religion differences and remain glued to the marriage why must your case be different while you still Christian's. You both need to seat down and look beyond church differences if you really want to settle down.
Re: I Don't Want To Leave My Church, Is This A Deal Breaker? by phrancys001(m): 12:59pm On Oct 22, 2017
Truth is he doesn't truly love you just finding an escape route out of the relationship am a Christian bachelor at the moment personality first before religious difference, if it's a muslim lady i found true love with will certainly settle down with her without asking her to change religion.
Re: I Don't Want To Leave My Church, Is This A Deal Breaker? by Nutase: 1:06pm On Oct 22, 2017
You can't eat your cake and have it. Make a choice and stick to it.
Re: I Don't Want To Leave My Church, Is This A Deal Breaker? by LadyJasper: 2:35pm On Oct 22, 2017
People need to stop playing with matters of the heart, don't start what you can't finish, know what you want and go after it seriously so you don't come here with all these annoying tales.

(1) (Reply)

Ladies Will You Smash Or Pass. / Can You Give Your Spouse Your Social Media Login/password? / Urgent News For Fresh Graduates!!!!! Develop A Skill!!!!!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.