Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,171 members, 7,811,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:59 AM

Worst Day Of My Life: She Was Barren For 14yrs & She Died On Childbirth - Doctor - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Worst Day Of My Life: She Was Barren For 14yrs & She Died On Childbirth - Doctor (31861 Views)

Sick Lady In Rivers State Almost Died On The Road Over Lockdown (Video) / Why Are Prayers Only For “barren Women” But Not “impotent Men”? Dr Olufunmilayo / PLEASE SAVE MY MOTHERS LIFE SHE'S NOW ON DIALYSIS MACHINE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Worst Day Of My Life: She Was Barren For 14yrs & She Died On Childbirth - Doctor by ipobarecriminals: 3:23pm On Oct 22, 2017
sad
Re: Worst Day Of My Life: She Was Barren For 14yrs & She Died On Childbirth - Doctor by agog: 3:23pm On Oct 22, 2017
Dr, sorry but you killed her. Why allowed her labour for so long? Why?? A woman who might probably be above 40...
Why can't you take her through CS which is safer, less stressful and with 99% success rate?
Re: Worst Day Of My Life: She Was Barren For 14yrs & She Died On Childbirth - Doctor by mine85(m): 3:25pm On Oct 22, 2017
Whichever way, this world is not our own,
Re: Worst Day Of My Life: She Was Barren For 14yrs & She Died On Childbirth - Doctor by Rolandken(m): 3:26pm On Oct 22, 2017
Mightyraw:
my thought exactly
Lols. Many people really have no information on anything. Go and ask your mother how long she laboured. You think labour is 1 hr sonmething. They were even too quick to operate on her. Labour lasts for multiple hours. Thats how naturally its meant to be. Its when its above 16 hrs that it is called prolonged labour. Una think say labour na childs play.

3 Likes

Re: Worst Day Of My Life: She Was Barren For 14yrs & She Died On Childbirth - Doctor by Amberon11: 3:28pm On Oct 22, 2017
May no patient die in my hands in Jesus name, Amen!
Re: Worst Day Of My Life: She Was Barren For 14yrs & She Died On Childbirth - Doctor by Nobody: 3:28pm On Oct 22, 2017
alexialin:
Sighs na wa o.

But why labour for 7hours?
That's too much hours gone and definitely she will be very weak.

Cesarean straight up, after two hours nd no show.

May God protect all pregnant women and bless them with safe deliveries. With mum and child Hale and alive. Amen

Ya wicked, this is what most hospital do now.. They don't want to be patience anymore.

Pls take your mentality else where.
Re: Worst Day Of My Life: She Was Barren For 14yrs & She Died On Childbirth - Doctor by discman2k2(m): 3:30pm On Oct 22, 2017
This is one od f the reasons why I respect women who have babies. At that point between life & death 50/50.

I dedicate today, my birthday, yo my lovely mum, departed but vividly alive in my mind: i remember your beautiful face, your strong hands of love teaching me to be the best that life cannot torment, to be strong, courageous yo withstand the Storms of Life that constantly arise in all spheres.

Mum, i thank God that you are still my mother, alive in my memories. My only pains is that you're not here to dedicate the beautiful house i built in preparation for your glorious ageing.

May the good Lors have mercy on your soul & make you dwell in peace in the everlasting life.
AMEN!

To my beautiful wife, i love you, remain strongly my current mother.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Worst Day Of My Life: She Was Barren For 14yrs & She Died On Childbirth - Doctor by chiketee(m): 3:30pm On Oct 22, 2017
alexialin:
Sighs na wa o.

May God protect all pregnant women and bless them with safe deliveries. With mum and child Hale and alive. Amen
7 hours is very short for labor. It's considered prolonged labour after 18-20 hours for a first-timer

1 Like

Re: Worst Day Of My Life: She Was Barren For 14yrs & She Died On Childbirth - Doctor by Nobody: 3:32pm On Oct 22, 2017
Dammm!lost my sis this month with the same delivery stuff,rip to the dead. cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Worst Day Of My Life: She Was Barren For 14yrs & She Died On Childbirth - Doctor by Divay22(f): 3:32pm On Oct 22, 2017
lazygal:

My gynae said they are trained for that buy no matter what they feel it as time goes they learn to conceal it ....
I really feel for doctors bit they should know that life and death is from God ...they can only try their best

Kudos to all the hardworking dedicated doctors
I can't see such a thing and not cry o...
Well it's their field and they are well trained.
Re: Worst Day Of My Life: She Was Barren For 14yrs & She Died On Childbirth - Doctor by Nobody: 3:34pm On Oct 22, 2017
chiketee:

7 hours is very short for labor. It's considered prolonged labour after 18 hours for a first-timer

Hian! shocked

18hours ke

Not for me!

At all.

18hours to push endlessly. Not all women have such strength.

1 Like

Re: Worst Day Of My Life: She Was Barren For 14yrs & She Died On Childbirth - Doctor by lebete3000: 3:38pm On Oct 22, 2017
alexialin:
Sighs na wa o.

In fact those kain special baby coupled with Fibroid, I no dey like take risk at all....just section her straight up!

1 Like

Re: Worst Day Of My Life: She Was Barren For 14yrs & She Died On Childbirth - Doctor by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 22, 2017
udemzy101:

Ya wicked, this is what most hospital do now.. They don't want to be patience anymore.

Pls take your mentality else where.

Wicked how?

To carry out cesarean and save both mum and child on-time?

Am not wicked

Am factual.

My neighbour married a fragile slim lady.

She has two healthy boys nw. One is 3years, the other 1year.
Her deliveries were thru CS.

her husband said he has already booked down CS way ahead delivery time. He can't joke with his wife. And she's not that strong, so why tempt faith.
The boys are here playing. Mum attending to other chores.

So am not wicked.

2 Likes

Re: Worst Day Of My Life: She Was Barren For 14yrs & She Died On Childbirth - Doctor by AdeMavrodi: 3:40pm On Oct 22, 2017
So sad
Re: Worst Day Of My Life: She Was Barren For 14yrs & She Died On Childbirth - Doctor by Basic123: 3:41pm On Oct 22, 2017
Blackfyre:

So you havent seen seven days labor and it was forbidden to go cesarean? cheesy

Na make God dey with person.
Abi ooo.

That is how people that cant even spell "Anatomy" correctly query doctors competence.

people like airforce1.
Re: Worst Day Of My Life: She Was Barren For 14yrs & She Died On Childbirth - Doctor by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 22, 2017
lebete3000:

In fact those kain special baby coupled with Fibroid, I no dey like take risk at all....just section her straight up!

Exactly!

Can u imagine! Even with fibroid join!

Some men are just wicked, they think. Of the financial cost in administering Cs to their wives, knowing fully well she can't go thru it naturally. But they prefer to tempt God.

My brother, CS straight up with such complications.

1 Like

Re: Worst Day Of My Life: She Was Barren For 14yrs & She Died On Childbirth - Doctor by lebete3000: 3:41pm On Oct 22, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
Rip to her.

The doctor sha! Is he a doctor or a pastor?

The hypocrisy; he praised god for allowing a woman with ovarian cyst and giant fibroid to get pregnant, but he didn't blame the same god that punished the woman for 14years and extra 9months before killing her after rigorous child birth pain.

The unblamable sadist God we serve!

My brother I just taya men....instead of blaming himself for allowing such a special baby go through the rigors of labour. That pregnashould have been sectioned straight going by the hell the woman went through to eventually get pregnant.
However sentiments will never let us have sense.

2 Likes

Re: Worst Day Of My Life: She Was Barren For 14yrs & She Died On Childbirth - Doctor by chiketee(m): 3:43pm On Oct 22, 2017
alexialin:

Hian! shocked

18hours ke

Not for me!

At all.

18hours to push endlessly. Not all women have such strength.
Well labour comes in stages, the first stage involves your cervix dilating. This is what takes up most of the time. For the first timer it dilates about 1.2cm per hour. Full dilatation ends at 10cm. So you can imagine, it's not a walk in the park.
Re: Worst Day Of My Life: She Was Barren For 14yrs & She Died On Childbirth - Doctor by BumbleBee2ice(f): 3:43pm On Oct 22, 2017
RIP to her cry
Re: Worst Day Of My Life: She Was Barren For 14yrs & She Died On Childbirth - Doctor by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 22, 2017
Blackfyre:

So you havent seen seven days labor and it was forbidden to go cesarean? cheesy

Na make God dey with person.

Na lie!

7days labour! You wan kill her?

Haba! Have human sympathy small and save her life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Worst Day Of My Life: She Was Barren For 14yrs & She Died On Childbirth - Doctor by idu1(m): 3:44pm On Oct 22, 2017
Why did you allowed her to labour for 7 hours before considering cs?

1 Like

Re: Worst Day Of My Life: She Was Barren For 14yrs & She Died On Childbirth - Doctor by Mightyraw(m): 3:44pm On Oct 22, 2017
Rolandken:

Lols. Many people really have no information on anything. Go and ask your mother how long she laboured. You think labour is 1 hr sonmething. They were even too quick to operate on her. Labour lasts for multiple hours. Thats how naturally its meant to be. Its when its above 16 hrs that it is called prolonged labour. Una think say labour na childs play.
i don't think idd like to reply you

1 Like

Re: Worst Day Of My Life: She Was Barren For 14yrs & She Died On Childbirth - Doctor by enemyofprogress: 3:45pm On Oct 22, 2017
MhizzAJ:
cry
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
Re: Worst Day Of My Life: She Was Barren For 14yrs & She Died On Childbirth - Doctor by lebete3000: 3:46pm On Oct 22, 2017
alexialin:

Exactly!

Can u imagine! Even with fibroid join!

Some men are just wicked, they think. Of the financial cost in administering Cs to their wives, knowing fully well she can't go thru it naturally. But they prefer to tempt God.

My brother, CS straight up with such complications.

She may go through it vaginally and succeed but the circumstances surrounding that pregnancy should be considered in shrewdly determining the mode of delivery by offering the woman the best delivery option- CS. She sought that pregnancy with tears for 14yrs and also had a fibroid co-morbid state. She should have been counselled sternly by the doc to opt for CS and then if she refuses she can be monitored very very closely during vaginal birth with materials fully ready for emergency CS should things go wrong.
The husband should also be made to sign for refusing CS and to agree/disagree with opening her up should things go wrong during vaginal delivery.
I doubt if the doc did all this, he just handed everything over into "skydaddy's" hands, now look where it got him.
Re: Worst Day Of My Life: She Was Barren For 14yrs & She Died On Childbirth - Doctor by enemyofprogress: 3:46pm On Oct 22, 2017
idu1:
Why did you allowed her to have to labour for 7 hours but considering cs?
your English follow kill the woman
Re: Worst Day Of My Life: She Was Barren For 14yrs & She Died On Childbirth - Doctor by idu1(m): 3:51pm On Oct 22, 2017
enemyofprogress:
your English follow kill the woman
fuvk away
Re: Worst Day Of My Life: She Was Barren For 14yrs & She Died On Childbirth - Doctor by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 22, 2017
lebete3000:

She may go through it vaginally and succeed but the circumstances surrounding that pregnancy should be considered in shrewdly determining the mode of delivery by offering the woman the best delivery option- CS. She sought that pregnancy with tears for 14yrs and also had a fibroid co-morbid state. She should have been counselled sternly by the doc to opt for CS and then if she refuses she can be monitored very very closely during vaginally birth with materials ready for emergency CS fully ready should things go wrong.
The husband should also be made to sign for refusing CS and to agree/disagree with opening her up.
I doubt if the doc did all this, he just handed everything over into "skydaddy's" hands, now look where it got him.

The bolded got me laughing.

God forgive me.

And you are so right.

1 Like

Re: Worst Day Of My Life: She Was Barren For 14yrs & She Died On Childbirth - Doctor by Awoo88: 3:53pm On Oct 22, 2017
Ndy1919:
Am not a doctor but why leave her for hours... Can someone tell me this story is not true...
some ladies we insist on doing it themselves
Re: Worst Day Of My Life: She Was Barren For 14yrs & She Died On Childbirth - Doctor by Dachiszy(m): 3:55pm On Oct 22, 2017
He only observed protocol based on the fact that she is a primigravida meaning bearing a child for the first time. It takes about 12 hrs alone to complete the first phase of labour in this type of women. The issues of fibroid may have caused her death. #rip.

1 Like

Re: Worst Day Of My Life: She Was Barren For 14yrs & She Died On Childbirth - Doctor by lebete3000: 3:56pm On Oct 22, 2017
alexialin:
[/b]

The bolded got me laughing.

God forgive me.

And you are so right.

Well you can't blame the guy sha, he may be practising in a country like ours where people will likely forgive you if they perceive you're godly and of same religion with them but will be happy to see you fall if you decide to believe in your hardwork and output.
Even a Professor once said he has to be holy for patients so when he makes mistakes they can overlook and pardon but if it's d other way round, they'll happily drag you into trouble.
Religion has got us all screwed up.
Re: Worst Day Of My Life: She Was Barren For 14yrs & She Died On Childbirth - Doctor by emilyone(f): 3:56pm On Oct 22, 2017
lebete3000:

She may go through it vaginally and succeed but the circumstances surrounding that pregnancy should be considered in shrewdly determining the mode of delivery by offering the woman the best delivery option- CS. She sought that pregnancy with tears for 14yrs and also had a fibroid co-morbid state. She should have been counselled sternly by the doc to opt for CS and then if she refuses she can be monitored very very closely during vaginal birth with materials fully ready for emergency CS should things go wrong.
The husband should also be made to sign for refusing CS and to agree/disagree with opening her up should things go wrong during vaginal delivery.
Abeg, which one be sky daddy's again?
Re: Worst Day Of My Life: She Was Barren For 14yrs & She Died On Childbirth - Doctor by naturalwaves: 3:58pm On Oct 22, 2017
The story is touching but looks like it was concorted. The write up has a tone of a Nigerian writer. This is not how most people from Pakistan talk. Moreover, why not mention the doctor's name and the avenue through which he shared it? Or he sat down the OP to tell him or a website? If the news is factual, the name of the doctor will be there.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fallen Tree Kills Woman, Injures 10 Others In Ilorin / High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause / Wife Pours Hot Water On Her Husband To Resuscitate Him In Ondo State. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.