Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,718 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record (18008 Views)

Lasu Law Student, Aminat Yusuf Graduates With 5.0, Breaking 40 Year Old Record / Umar Yandaki Broke 33years Old Record Of First Class Degree In History Dept,UDUS / Meet Aarinola Olaiya Who Broke 28-Year-Old Record In Medicine In OAU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by toprealman: 9:31am On Oct 23, 2017
Paschy88:

you have lost it.. Breaking a 28yrs record doesn't make her 28yrs old..
According to the piece, she is actually 28.
Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by Ayorinwolemi: 9:34am On Oct 23, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

How is that an achievement.

Graduating from Medicine at 28years?
Nonsense.
Enough of all these medicority

My cousin did her housemanship at 23.
And she graduated with distinction too....
No hype, no noise. Just silently challenging the norm.

pay attention to details! she's 23yr old, the last person who achieved this did it 28yr a go....
Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by Daeylar(f): 9:35am On Oct 23, 2017
hucienda:
What's with the fuss and confusion about the age of the scholar doctor when it's stated clearly in the first sentence of the news report inferring she was coincedentally born the year the record she just broke was set?

More reason one should watch out before spending valuable time trying to engage in intellectual discussions here.

I guess it's that bad. It's the truth though.

1 Like

Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by Alongeous(m): 9:36am On Oct 23, 2017
hucienda:
What's with the fuss and confusion about the age of the scholar doctor when it's stated clearly in the first sentence of the news report inferring she was coincedentally born the year the record she just broke was set?

More reason one should watch out before spending valuable time trying to engage in intellectual discussions here.
Bro I just weak. This is not just a problem of this forum alone, but of the country at large. We just accept and validate the first opinions without further critical thinking. That is why we get easily deceived by propaganda and lies. We are a people that make the opinion and thought of the majority (often foolish) to count always, that is we echo the most popular opinions and thoughts. And this, is a result of the poor education we get from our education system. Listen to people sharing their opinions on radio programs, and you will feel like telling many of them to shut up, if possible.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by mach98(m): 9:39am On Oct 23, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Nonsense.

This is what happens when people fail to read an article properly. They said she broke 28 year record not that she's 28 years old when she did it. Please read responsibly next time
Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 23, 2017
Paschy88:

you have lost it.. Breaking a 28yrs record doesn't make her 28yrs old..

nigga, she's 28 yrs old, read frm d beginnin

4 Likes

Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by logica(m): 9:52am On Oct 23, 2017
hucienda:

Alongeous:

Bro I just weak. This is not just a problem of this forum alone, but of the country at large. We just accept and validate the first opinions without further critical thinking. That is why we get easily deceived by propaganda and lies. We are a people that make the opinion and thought of the majority (often foolish) to count always, that is we echo the most popular opinions and thoughts. And this, is a result of the poor education we get from our education system. Listen to people sharing their opinions on radio programs, and you will feel like telling many of them to shut up, if possible.

I think it's mostly emotion and haste to score a point against a "hated" persona. You will find that many of these people do not care much for the dude; so much so that even when he is right, they hope he is wrong. Doesn't excuse their mass stup1dity though.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by BrutalJab: 9:53am On Oct 23, 2017
mach98:

This is what happens when people fail to read an article properly. They said she broke 28 year record not that she's 28 years old when she did it. Please read responsibly next time
read the first line.... she is 28

2 Likes

Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by koladebrainiac(m): 10:03am On Oct 23, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Nonsense.

ur opinion does not matter. we know u are from portorportor region so its expected u hate like this. olodo omo igbo grin grin grin grin
Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by Daeylar(f): 10:04am On Oct 23, 2017
mach98:

The irony of this comment takes me out

logica:
I think it's mostly emotion and haste to score a point against a "hated" persona. You will find that many of these people do not care much for the dude; so much so that even when he is right, they hope he is wrong. Doesn't excuse their mass stup1dity though.

It just shows their stupidity, They could have an excuse if the age is stated in the body of the report but the article starts by saying how old she is

This just exposes that people don't read beyond the topic, because I wonder how you will miss something that's clearly stated in the first line..

It's too bad, this thread is a disgrace.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by logica(m): 10:14am On Oct 23, 2017
Daeylar:

The irony of this comment takes me out
You only picked one? LOL. Practically all of them had something ironic to say...pay attention to detail...you should be ashamed of yourself...etc...etc

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 23, 2017
Daeylar:

I guess it's that bad. It's the truth though.

Please oo I want to ask if it is a problem that the scholar is 28 years old. Does it really matter?
Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 23, 2017
koladebrainiac:
ur opinion does not matter. we know u are from portorportor region so its expected u hate like this. olodo omo igbo grin grin grin grin

Exactly, that hateful igbo guy caused the problem. The igbo tribe really has a problem with the Yorubas hence the reason why they always trail Yorubas in every development indices. It’s tiring addressing their hate.
Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by Pranaya(f): 10:49am On Oct 23, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked
Graduating from Medicine at 28years? Nonsense. Enough of all these medicority

My cousin did her housemanship at 23. And she graduated with distinction too.... No hype, no noise. Just silently challenging the norm.
Actually she's 24 not 28. The mistake must have been from Premium Times
Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by Deicide: 11:00am On Oct 23, 2017
PrimadonnaO:
I want my kids to be this intelligent...and smart.

Congrats, Ms. Olaiya, you've made your parents proud. Posterity will celebrate you, too. Just continue to do better.
Are you intelligent? cause children genetically get most of their intelligence from their mum
Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by Badb0y4lyf(m): 11:21am On Oct 23, 2017
Where is mr owotade today even a kidnapper Mr Evans is richer and more popular moral Education is Good but not the key to success !!
Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by mytym(m): 11:27am On Oct 23, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Nonsense.

Your cousin didn't attend OAU.

3 Likes

Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by PrimadonnaO(f): 11:44am On Oct 23, 2017
Deicide:

Are you intelligent? cause children genetically get most of their intelligence from their mum

I'm aware of that. smiley My kids would be intelligent.
Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by Opoki(m): 11:49am On Oct 23, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Nonsense.

Smh...
Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by Deicide: 11:59am On Oct 23, 2017
Wow, you sound so confident grin No forget to breastfeed them wella it helps also cheesy
PrimadonnaO:

I'm aware of that. smiley My kids would be intelligent.
Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by PrimadonnaO(f): 12:02pm On Oct 23, 2017
Deicide:
Wow, you sound so confident grin No forget to breastfeed them wella it helps also cheesy

Lol. No fear of sagging boobs would prevent me from breastfeeding my kids properly.
Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by nairashopping(m): 12:29pm On Oct 23, 2017
Daeylar:

Never said it was easy, not saying that at all, I'm just saying i know this is Nigeria, and graduating with a good result is 20,000 times harder than it's actually meant to be due to useless reasons.

Are you saying the course is that hard that the 28 years is justified?

Even if she is 40, does age matters?

The point here is that she break record.
Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by HelenBee(f): 12:31pm On Oct 23, 2017
"A 28-year-old student, Aarinola Olaiya, is set to break a 28 years old record at the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife."

For those arguing that she's not 28.

2 Likes

Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by yepmichael: 12:52pm On Oct 23, 2017
better pikin
i wish uniport too can follow
Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by yepmichael: 12:55pm On Oct 23, 2017
better pikin;
UNIPORT where u dey?
Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by godstimemacaulay(m): 12:57pm On Oct 23, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Nonsense.

it's one thing to read and it's another thing to read and understand, hope u understand my comment too??
we have three categories of medical students
1.thoes that make things happen
2.thoes that watch things happen
3.thoes that wonder why things happen

your sis dat did her house job at 23, how many awards did she got??
Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by Kenerd: 2:00pm On Oct 23, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Nonsense.

Who cares? The fact she graduated @ 28 is a problem?... I don't get your logic.
Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by kabazi95(m): 2:25pm On Oct 23, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Nonsense.

Mumu...
I guess you are a secondary school student who doesn't know what it takes to graduate with a distinction in MEDICINE..

We gat your back jare pretty lady... You have no limit.. Just keep on breaking those records embarassed
How many do we even have in Nigeria.

See the oponu, your cousin?? Do you have the same destiny?? Please blow your own trumpet if you can't appreciate people's effort.
Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by deepwater(f): 4:14pm On Oct 23, 2017
mhizsuzzy:

Is it that English is so difficult for u to understand or u are suffering from diplopia caused by hypoglycemia. just asking......

Go and read the first line of the story
Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by deepwater(f): 4:15pm On Oct 23, 2017
BalardLee88:
didn't you read the post? Try to read and understand before commenting.

Read the post again
She is 28
Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by deepwater(f): 4:15pm On Oct 23, 2017
Lennylinconlee:

Dude is 28years old record...the post didnt the lady is 28years Old...Hahaa try to read and digest post before comment. Stop hating ..even if she is 28years... Congrat jare Beauty with Brain.

Read again
She is 28
Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by KingsleyOz: 4:30pm On Oct 23, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Nonsense.

NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Nonsense.

NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Nonsense.

I thought you were going to say "I" but you ended up saying..."My Cousin"..

Please try and control your jealousy or rather, your ignorance.
You can't even boost of a First class degree..yet you sit down and call someone's success Mediocrity or rather "Medicority" according to you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UNICAL Has Lost 11 Professors Not 21 Within 7 Months - ASUU Chair / Harvard University In Exam Cheating Scandal / ASUU Seeks Bill To Regulate Foreign Education For Public Officers’ Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.