Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,093 members, 7,835,681 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

The Real Difference Between ICPC And EFCC? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Real Difference Between ICPC And EFCC? (49889 Views)

Supreme Court Dares Buhari, Apc And Efcc, You Can Set Up Mchinry, We Cnt Fvour U / When You 'Eat' Bribe And EFCC Finally Catches You (Funny Cartoon)! / BUHARI Intimedating Saraki With ICPC And EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Difference Between ICPC And EFCC? by BigB11(m): 4:46pm On Mar 05, 2007
@McKren:

I see you as a person who has no balls, it is clear that you can not withstand the pressure. You tend to dissolve quickly when someone comes head on during political debate.

To me, you've made yourself seem to be a person who has no material to finish up; especially during incredible discussion you've started or posted many times in the past.
This is also one of the reasons you tend to attack people instead of clearly presenting your premise.

Advise: you should always have materials to defend what you belief; absolutely no need to be scared or run away from heated discussion as you've done in the past.

Therefore I will not respond to your post; it's Monday, I truly do not want to run you out of this forum today.

Stay cool and enjoy yourself, you're not ready for me.
Re: The Real Difference Between ICPC And EFCC? by Afam(m): 6:03pm On Mar 05, 2007
@BigB1,

I do not know anyone in ICPC.

Comparing them the way I did was based on what they have been able to do since ICPC was created.

Prior to the coming of the EFCC it was as if nothing was done to fight corruption at all.
Re: The Real Difference Between ICPC And EFCC? by BigB11(m): 6:25pm On Mar 05, 2007
First, AFAM, I haven't heard from you lately, how you dey?
Hope all is well.

Now let's get back to business:

Afam, don't you think it is unfair and ridiculous to continue to debase this organization without even knowing a single member?
I'm disappointed; I expect more than that from you.

You can never never capitalize on what this administration and the public (Mckren) are feeding you; it is very important to do your own reseach, evaluate all the available premise and then conclude.

It is extremely difficult for me to discover that you do not know a single ICPC member, but you're so quick and comfortable to want to disable or demean the organization.
Absolutely, displeasing to any standard.

Please, take some time out, get to know these people and their high credibility standard.

Don't be brainwashed, ICPC is much more competent than EFCC; and it will all come out soon.

FYI: ICPC hasn't yet displayed their potential to Nigerians because they do not have access to the funding and authority organization like EFCC has enjoyed for the most years.
Re: The Real Difference Between ICPC And EFCC? by Afam(m): 6:34pm On Mar 05, 2007
@BigB1,

Now you are giving excuses for the docile nature of ICPC, in reality who cares?

Nigerians are used to the idea of tolerating nonsense only to explain away their inactivity or inefficiency.

If ICPC is not well funded what are the members doing? Collecting the small money for their allowances abi?

The same way I have not bothered to know anyone working in EFCC is the same way I have not bothered to know anyone working in ICPC.

Apart from the people heading the 2 organisations which is even public knowledge I do not believe trying to know the members is an excercise worth doing.

What concerns me or indeed every well meaning Nigerian is what the body is doing or what it has done. We do not need the excuses.

If the conditions of work are not favourable to them they should quit.
Re: The Real Difference Between ICPC And EFCC? by McKren(m): 6:49pm On Mar 05, 2007
We will appreciate if you kindly tell us what we are talking about.

That was my last post that warranted all that gramma from you. It is not an attack on your person, it was only a question. It is clear that what informed your last post was remote in essence transfered agression.
Fine can you make reference to debates that transpired between us which you had the upper hand let all in Nairaland compare and see who came up with more facts or who made more sense.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssseeeeeeeeee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I think I know what he is trying to do, he has been unable to bully me or win me on his side now he has adopted a new strategy which is to avoid me.

C'mon BigB1 this is only a cyber debate.
Re: The Real Difference Between ICPC And EFCC? by BigB11(m): 6:20pm On Mar 13, 2007
ICPC to investigate N38bn Abacha missing loot

ABUJA—The Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) has promised to  investigate allegations that 38 billion recovered from the family of the late head of State General Sani Abacha is missing.    . 

Responding to a petition from  a human rights group, the Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project, SERAP, ICPC also assured the group that it would ‘expedite the commision’s investigation of the allegations contained in the petition’.

In a letter dated 20/2/07 and sent on behalf of the Chairman of the Commission, Justice Ayoola, to SERAP, the Commission stated that “I write to acknowledge the receipt of your petition dated 19 December 2006 with respect to the allegations that #38 billion Abacha loot is missing.” The Commission then asked SERAP to respond to some questions “so as to expedite the Commission’s investigation of the allegations contained in your petition”. The Commission asked SERAP to provide it with information on: the source(s) of the Report(s) upon which the allegations contained in SERAP’s petition is based; particulars of the 51 projects being executed by the federal ministries mentioned in SERAP’s petition; the names of the contractor-companies/firms awarded these contracts.

In its reponse to the ICPC dated 12 March 2007, SERAP thanked the Commission for its interest and commitment to get to the root of the #38 billion Abacha missing loot, and to bring suspected perpetrators to justice.  SERAP cited among others the report on findings sponsored by the World Bank and carried out by five Non-Governmental Organisations and five representatives of the Federal Government, indicating that N38 billion of the N65 billion ($500m) public funds stashed away in Swiss banks by the late General Sani Abacha could not be traced or may have been misused. Furthermore, SERAP disclosed that the allocation of the recovered funds across the five Millennium Development Goals (MDG) sectors were broken down as N21.7 billion on Power, N18.6 billion on Works, N10.8 billion on Health, N7.7 billion on Education, and N6.2 billion on Water respectively, amounting to N65.07 billion in total. Information gathered from SERAP’s own investigation revealed that only half of the projects were completed, and that #38 billion of the #65.07 billion, remained missing.

Earlier in its petition to the Commission, SERAP expressed serious concerns that the allegations that Abacha loot was missing constituted grave breaches of the Corrupt Practices and Other Related Act of 2000; and the UN Convention against Corruption which Nigeria recently ratified.  SERAP in the petition signed by its Executive Director, Adetokunbo Mumuni, also expressed concerns that “the theft of Abacha’s loot has once again diverted the much needed resources for water supply, roads, education, health, and other basic social services, inevitably contributing to the worsening level of poverty in the country. According to SERAP, “re-stealing recovered stolen money cannot be justified legally or morally.” SERAP reiterated that the Commission should make public the findings of its investigation, and should ensure the recovery of any money that is the subject of corruption, and ensure that those suspected to be responsible within the affected ministries are brought to justice.   

SERAP believes that the intervention by the Commission in cases such as the Abacha missing loot will demonstrate the agency’s commitment to faithfully discharge its anti-corruption mandates, and to help contribute to ending a climate of impunity, which leads to further corruption and abuse of power. Impunity arises and thrives when there is lack of accountability among high ranking government officials. By taking the lead and undertaking the responsibility to investigate Abacha missing loot, the ICPC has sent s strong message that there will be no hiding place for those who steal and plunder Nigeria’s natural resources and wealth, and continue to deny majority of Nigerians access to basic necessities of life, such as safe drinking water, education, health and housing

http://odili.net/news/source/2007/mar/13/302.html

Guys, pay attention to this investigation and you will make your own judgment regarding the different between ICPC and EFCC.
And why it makes no sence to implement the second organization (EFCC) when the first organization (ICPC) could have been modified and equipped with authority/ funds
Re: The Real Difference Between ICPC And EFCC? by BigB11(m): 4:23am On Mar 27, 2007
ICPC and EFCC; make your choice.
Re: The Real Difference Between ICPC And EFCC? by Afam(m): 9:46am On Mar 27, 2007
O boy, you get garage so?

The other time you stated that EFCC should stay now you are telling us why only ICPC should be the one around.

Where you tanda for this issue abeg?
Re: The Real Difference Between ICPC And EFCC? by BigB11(m): 1:52pm On Mar 27, 2007
My man, you're mixing things up.

Identifying the different between the two organizations absolutely has nothing to do with whether EFCC should stay or not.

Make no mistake about it, EFCC is a great organization, a gift from God to Nigeria as a nation; but is this how to operate a credible organization?
With all these questionable allegations dropping left and right regarding the close relationship between EFCC and inaccuracy, can will truly and clearly count on this organization?

Abeg, pay attention my man; Nobody wants EFCC to go away, all we want is some modification and restructuring.
Any clear headed Nigerian should understand without any hesitation why this recommendation is very important to all of us and absolutely necessary to move our country forward effectively and efficiently.
Re: The Real Difference Between ICPC And EFCC? by nigboy(m): 6:39pm On Dec 29, 2009
There is no difference

It is just duplication of office

3D and 4D Ultrasound
http://ultrasoundeducation..com/
Re: The Real Difference Between ICPC And EFCC? by Abeem(m): 2:45am On Dec 30, 2009
ICPC was established by the ICPC Act of 2000. Read the Act here: http://www.icpc.gov.ng/act.php. You can also access the commission's web page from the same URL.

I think OBJ's intention in setting up the ICPC and EFCC was suspect. He wasn't really interested in reigning in on sleaze and corrupt malpractices which explains why the two agencies, especially ICPC, have performed woefully in the discharge of their statutory obligations. He more or less used the institutions, especially EFCC as instruments of vengeance and selective prosecution of his perceived enemies within his political family (to keep them in check when they question his authority) to the total exclusion of corrupt people in other parties. My submission is subject to debate but that is how I feel about OBJ and his so called battle about corruption.
Re: The Real Difference Between ICPC And EFCC? by ALLIBABA115(m): 10:14am On Jan 30, 2020
Prepare yourself for the forth coming ICPC / EFCC aptitude test/ examination. Contact me now for the past questions and answers.
E-mail: alliambrose65@gmail.com
Phone no: 08164456274
WhatsApp: 08164456274

Re: The Real Difference Between ICPC And EFCC? by TheSourcerer: 6:38pm On Jul 10, 2021
Mamajama:
It will be interesting to see what happen when we have a new president. which one will stay and which one will be decommission
sadly none
Re: The Real Difference Between ICPC And EFCC? by orisa37: 8:08pm On Jul 10, 2021
ONE IS CIA. THE OTHER IS FBI. THE TWO WILL REMAIN WITH THE F.G AFTER THE POLICE IS DECENTRALIZED.
Re: The Real Difference Between ICPC And EFCC? by Twinbrodas: 8:03pm On May 28, 2022
ICPC are in charge of fighting corruption in the public sectors, especially bribery, gratification, graft, and abuse or misuse of office, while the EFCC investigates people in all sectors whether private or public who appear to be living above their means. EFCC is also empowered to investigate and prosecute money laundering and other financial crimes anywhere in the country.

Complete explanation has been posted in In infomatemen.com, you can read through the link below

https://www.infomatemen.com/difference-between-efcc-and-icpc-and-similarities/

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Total Number Of Eligible Voters In The 6 Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria / Sam Amadi Apologizes For Tweeting Picture Of CJN, Ariwoola / Oodua Rally: Lagos Police, Security Agencies Embark On Show Of Force

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.