Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,711 members, 7,809,698 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:26 PM

Britain, France And IPOB: Duplicity Of Failed Empires- The Guardian - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Britain, France And IPOB: Duplicity Of Failed Empires- The Guardian (19241 Views)

South-West Monarchs To Save Osinbajo From Impeachment - The Guardian / Buhari’s Body Double Suspicion That Won’t Go Away - The Guardian / Ambode: Lagos Invaded By Indigenes Of Failed States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Britain, France And IPOB: Duplicity Of Failed Empires- The Guardian by Nobody: 10:57am On Oct 24, 2017
Let this poem of mine help you. WE MUST WIN Terrorism is the label A label for unarmed agitators From lawful agitation to terrorism Whilst Boko Haram reign supreme Yet we must win. The nomads invade lands Men, women, children not spared Husbands watch wives get ravaged Farmlands get invaded Crops destroyed, Yet the unarmed are the outlaws. But we must win. The oppressors invade our lands Kill our youths, Brutalise others, And make our enlightened leader disappear Yet we must win. Judges flee the Temple of Justice In their bid to incriminate the Saints The derelicts remembered after many years Another attempt to emasculate the IPOB Yet we must win. We are the Children of Light The descendants of Gad The Children of Abraham Our Heavenly Father does not fail. WE MUST WIN. Read that poem slowly and see reasons why you should dust yourselves and make things happen. Don't give up the fight. Let us fight on until we restore Biafra.

2 Likes

Re: Britain, France And IPOB: Duplicity Of Failed Empires- The Guardian by CHANNELStv2020: 11:03am On Oct 24, 2017
YORUBAS PLEASE MIND UNA BUSINESS NA, JESUS WHICH KIND THING VE THIS

4 Likes

Re: Britain, France And IPOB: Duplicity Of Failed Empires- The Guardian by bigfish3k: 11:14am On Oct 24, 2017
am not a tribalist, but yorubas are just very funny, they make u believe u are worthless and that they can do without u even though in their inner mind they know that u are helping their existence, if not why are they so pained about a people they described as worthless wanting to leave them. they will be quick to tell u beautiful reasons why u should remain. just listen to them on television TVC and hear biase analysis

u will still see some of them with statements like 'who is holding u not to go' but will be quick to send in soldiers to the war front. hypocrisy.
as far am concerned its the yorubas that are holding us back because they have never supported our quest but opposing us both intellectually and with use of force, we are suppose to be partners but they always leave us in the cold and laugh at our pains just like the Aba massacre

the fact is that Igbos are just too invaluable to all the tribes in Nigeria for them to be spilling blood just to keep them

5 Likes

Re: Britain, France And IPOB: Duplicity Of Failed Empires- The Guardian by KanuJEWSarePIGS: 11:18am On Oct 24, 2017
Threat for suicide attempt everywhere.

Bn wired to always remain sad and angry can be so unforgiven.

The write up became very uninteresting for it less deceitful inputs.

Enemies of peace will never end well.

1 Like

Re: Britain, France And IPOB: Duplicity Of Failed Empires- The Guardian by Guyman02: 11:19am On Oct 24, 2017
adeolakemi:
I'm Yoruba but what I don't get is the continuous poke nosing of biafran affairs by the Yoruba ....its topics like this that makes Igbo's insult the Yoruba .....pls Dr try to write on state of the Yoruba affairs and leave biafrans alone

Just like you I have always wondered why many Yorubas have sleepless nights over the Igbo Biafra issue even more than the Igbos themselves.
How does this man expect me to read all that long epistle after the first paragraph which starts with hate speech

The article is simply a waste of time and no one should bother reading it, just go straight to the comments. I would have expected a Fulani to write this and not a full blood Yoruba

5 Likes

Re: Britain, France And IPOB: Duplicity Of Failed Empires- The Guardian by Alexus23: 11:29am On Oct 24, 2017
Afonjas and Biafran' issues. smh angry

3 Likes

Re: Britain, France And IPOB: Duplicity Of Failed Empires- The Guardian by DozieInc(m): 11:58am On Oct 24, 2017
This Dr "brown envelop journalism" just succeeded in saying a whole lot of nonsense.

#RestructureOrDivide

2 Likes

Re: Britain, France And IPOB: Duplicity Of Failed Empires- The Guardian by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 24, 2017
degamemaster:
I have said it time without number that I like our yoruba people but something is really wrong with them, I must say. And that is poking their noses into igbo's affairs. How can a sane mind be jubilating that a national army, well equipped invaded an innocent and unarmed defenceless civilians enclave, killed, maimed and tortured them for no crimes or other offences committed other asking for referendum ? And you claim to be a "Dr" and a lover of humanity, shame on you. People like this idiot is why the great yoruba nation keep receiving insults and humiliation from every quarter.

That idiot is a disgrace to the whole Yoruba region.

The idiot didn't mention all the hospitality his foolish Nigeria presidents and their wives are receiving in Britain and France.

As we speak, Buhari's wife and kids are in Britain as citizens. Recently God used the wife of terrorist Buhari to exposed the lack of tablets in Nigeria's Aso Rock clinic, not to talk of the dead facilities they called hospitals in other regions what they are going through.

Where are the Nigeria's president families, are they in London or Nigeria?

4 Likes

Re: Britain, France And IPOB: Duplicity Of Failed Empires- The Guardian by vanvino(m): 12:37pm On Oct 24, 2017
misterawo:
Same old sh#it of "hope for the black race" is getting boring. Frankly. . .

Thank you bro, honestly is realy borring, i wanted to ignore this Lamentation but u got my attention. Same old soup but just different hand.
Aren't we tired? Black race always blaming the white for their shortcomming, greed & inadequacy.

What is funny is that even when white were actively exploiting us, they gave us quality structure & quality education:Chinua Achebe Generation which is known as the Lucky Generation.

Now that we claim to be incharge of our affairs please what can we boast off? The bitter truth is that even when we work so hard to paint them as the devil we are depends on them for almost everything, we sent our children over there to learn & you say they are bad abeg what do u what ur children to learn? With our land & other resources we are still importing almost everything from them. To top it, all this is comming from Our Leaders who will sell the right of 3generation just for a cup of coffee in that white man land.

The only good thing that came out of African Nation is Nelson Mandela, in Music is Fela, Lucky Dube and few others the rest are just self-serving Narcissist.... Somewhere in Africa a man Rule his Country for 37years still counting, yet He still Travel Outside for his Medical Care, please what does that say about us?
Yesterday it was Asari, Then Ateke, just dangle a white man cup of coffee infront of us & we will sell this Nation for it, that is how cheap we are. now we hear another one on a white man cheap drugs just a sound of Knock out, him don run. This is who we called Leader? Mandela must be weeping in the grave, atleat Ojuku had a plan, he was organise gather Brillian minds of that time(including Chinua Achebe) to believed in his Struggle, he has a plan & the heart, abeg What does this one have? if not mouth. It is only the Rat in the house that tell the rat in the bush that there is Food in the house.

Even our so call Church Leaders are exploiting us with our chicken heart

We need another Mandela but i'm afraid we may never get it with the generation that see Sex as an achievement especally if you win her through cat fish.

3 Likes

Re: Britain, France And IPOB: Duplicity Of Failed Empires- The Guardian by willibounce1(m): 12:57pm On Oct 24, 2017
adeolakemi:
I'm Yoruba but what I don't get is the continuous poke nosing of biafran affairs by the Yoruba ....its topics like this that makes Igbo's insult the Yoruba .....pls Dr try to write on state of the Yoruba affairs and leave biafrans alone

ipod olori pelebe....why you lying...be proud of Biafra. Just because kanu is no where to be found, you have quickly betrayed him and started claiming yoruba on NL..chai... ipod criminals na waaa!

1 Like

Re: Britain, France And IPOB: Duplicity Of Failed Empires- The Guardian by janykute: 1:19pm On Oct 24, 2017
Just imagine if this fool wasn't educated as he claimed?
Re: Britain, France And IPOB: Duplicity Of Failed Empires- The Guardian by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 24, 2017
And some wil say Igbos are quick to insult yurobas.

seeing this kind of biased writeup insults are highly inevitable.
For God's sake yuroba has urgent issues to attend to than dis.

cc NDelta
what do u have to say ?

Am yet to see an article where an Igbo man poke nose in Yuroba affair but i can flood dis thread wit thousands of yuroba articles poke nosing in Igbo affair jhux to bring disrepute to d Igbos.

#Maturity is when you mind your business.

4 Likes

Re: Britain, France And IPOB: Duplicity Of Failed Empires- The Guardian by slowice(m): 1:39pm On Oct 24, 2017
When a supposedly learned and exposed man decide to talk like a rusted pipe leaking water carelessly from different directions.... Even to the point hailing the military for the unprovoked attack and killing of unarmed igbo youth.... This is just annoying but I refuse to rope in the yorubas in this mess.

2 Likes

Re: Britain, France And IPOB: Duplicity Of Failed Empires- The Guardian by Nobody: 1:40pm On Oct 24, 2017
PointB:

Coward Ojukwu indeed.

If people remind you of how your demi-god Awolowo, the bigger coward cum Afonja, took poison (committed suicide) in order to escape arrest, you'll burst into anger fits. You throw stones while living thin glass house.

Between Ojukwu who live to fight another day, and Awolowo who consumed gallon of rat poison to escape arrest, who do you think is the real coward?

http://247ureports.com/how-awolowo-committed-suicide-by-abdulmumini-adeku/

The Internet never forgets

Cowardice and Yoruba are twin malaise sired same day. Between Cowardice and Yoruba, Yoruba is more fearful, and more like to turn tail and run, or twist their tongues to save their skin. Freaking cowards seeking to deflect attention to the valiants.
grin grin grin
mayday mayday afonja down afonja down
grin

4 Likes

Re: Britain, France And IPOB: Duplicity Of Failed Empires- The Guardian by NDelta(m): 1:45pm On Oct 24, 2017
IfeanyiYagazie:
And some wil say Igbos are quick to insult yurobas.

seeing this kind of biased writeup insujts are highly inevitable.
For God's sake yuroba has urgent issues to attend to than dis.

cc NDelta
what do u have to say ?

Am yet to see an article where an Igbo man poke nose in Yuroba affair but i can flood dis thread wit thousands of yuroba articles poke nosing in Igbo affair jhux to bring disrepute to d Igbos.

#Maturity is when you mind your business.
#ps

Lol, the agression is both ways, please let us work together, the Niger Delta have something they could bring to the table, Igbos are very entreprising, hard working and brilliant people, Yorubas are also very bright and brilliant people that could contribute to nation building. Only the Hausas are parasitic in todays Nigeria, honestly, if we can bury our differences and work together, New York, Paris etc will be nothing compared to what we would achieve.
Re: Britain, France And IPOB: Duplicity Of Failed Empires- The Guardian by gidgiddy: 1:52pm On Oct 24, 2017
ivolt:

Intelligent discussion involves sticking with a topic, unfortunately, you
and your lots can never hold a discussion wothout deflection.
What the hell does shekau had to do with a cowardly boastful leader
who took to his heel?
Are you in any way suggesting that boko haram and ipob are in the same league?

There was no deflection here. The writter started by saying a boastful Kanu ran away from the Nigerian Army. My question is, was the Nigerian Army created to go after unarmed and boastful people like Kanu or where they created to go after people who are destroying lives and property like Shekau? So the Army left their constitutional role of defending Nigeria to go after boastful people and the writter is trying to make a point from that illegal act?

Nowhere in the article was a happy mood expressed, you can throw empty words
around whichever way you like but that doesn' t invalidate the fact the mad coward
kanu took to his heels.

It is quite a shame and cowardly of the Nigerian Army to be still invading someones house as if we are still in military rule. The Army is going to fight an unarmed man and you people are praising them? What is there to praise? The only cowards here are the Nigerian Army who embarked on an illegal exercise to to attack an unarmed man in his house. But shekau has been in his house for seven years and nobody can get him. So the Nigerian Army is only good at attacking people with no guns? So what was all that training for?

Being unarmed doesn't make an individual a saint, kanu is in the league of
Jim Jones, the psychotic cult leader who caused the deaths of hundreds
of people without firing a single shot.

It is imperative that madmen who are agents of destabilization be reigned in
before they cause disaster.

Though I would prefer that kanu be locked up in a psychiatric
asylum where he can get the necessary help he needs.

If you suppport the reigning in of people using unconstitutional methods in a democracy then you dont mean well for anyone.

2 Likes

Re: Britain, France And IPOB: Duplicity Of Failed Empires- The Guardian by Carlmax(m): 2:11pm On Oct 24, 2017
NnamdiKanu:
I actually decided not to insult Yoruba's on this forum .
but their constant pock nosing into biafran matters will make me retract that decision...imagine the rubbish an acclaimed doctor wrote. May Death befall on this bastard and his people

C'mon man! he doesn't speak for the entirety of his people.... please lambaste him alone.
Re: Britain, France And IPOB: Duplicity Of Failed Empires- The Guardian by ivolt: 2:23pm On Oct 24, 2017
gidgiddy:

There wazms no deflection here. The writter started by saying a boastful Kanu ran away from the Nigerian Army. My question is, was the Nigerian created to go after unarmed and boastful people like Kanu or where they created to go after people who are destroying lives and property like Shekau? So the Army left their consstitional role of defending Nigeria to go after boastful people and the writter is trying to make a point from that illegal act?

Nigeria can go after any suspected trouble maker. There is no law in our
constitution mandating the government to only go after armed suspect.
In fact, most of the arrest carried out by law enforcement agencies does
not involve armed suspects.

It is quite a shame and cowardly of the Nigerian Army to be still invading someones house as if we are still in military rule. The Army is going to fight an unarmed man and you people are praising them? What is there to praise? The only cowards here are the Nigerian Army who embarked on an illegal exercise to to attack an unarmed man in his house. But sheka has been in his house fir seven years and nobody can get him. So the Nigerian Army is only good at attacking people with no guns? So what was all that training for?

Again unarmed does not equate saint or blameless.

Cowards cower under their beds or flee instead of confronting
their problems so you can't have "coward" and "invade" in the same character.
We can clearly see who is the real coward here.

Army exercises are perfectly legal, if it isn't please point to the part of the Nigerian
constitution which barred Nigerian army from carrying out excercise in any part of
the Nigerian territory. I hate pseudo-authoritative arguments, just because you said
so does not make the Army Excercise illegal

By bringing in shekau into an unrelated issue, you are just like a pickpocket who
berates police for arresting him instead of going after armed robbers and murderers.
You can see the fallacy in such argument.

If you suppport the reigning in of people using unconstitutional methods in a democracy then you dont mean well for anyone.
Again, cite the part of the Nigerian constitution which bans the Army from carrying
out excercises in any Nigerian territory. Don't bother restating your point if you do not
have evidence to back yourself up.

Dangerous elements in a society must be reign in. Again this has nothing to
do with being armed.
Re: Britain, France And IPOB: Duplicity Of Failed Empires- The Guardian by jpphilips(m): 2:34pm On Oct 24, 2017
HungerBAD:
By Bisi Olawunmi

The secessionist insurrection of the Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB) took a dramatic turn in the week ended Saturday, September 23, 2017, during which the secessionist group was proscribed and its erstwhile boastful leader, Nnamdi Kanu, took to his heels when confronted with fired up soldiers. Reminds you of another boastful secessionist in Biafra 1 – Emeka Odimegwu Ojukwu – who also went on the lam when federal troops closed in on him back in January 1970? At least, Ojukwu walked the talk of war, but this wet pants peed on only hearing the sound of guns! So much for the empty braggadocio! Also during the same week, there was an international angle to the secessionist agitation as the Federal Government decided to name two countries – Britain and France – as collaborators in IPOB’s partitioning agenda.

Minister of Information, Culture and Tourism, Lai Mohammed, told the nation on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 how Britain and France have been tacitly complicit with IPOB in its destabilisation of Nigeria. Britain, stated the minister, continues to tolerate Radio Biafra’s hate and incendiary broadcasts from London while France is said to be the financial clearing house of IPOB from where funds flow to the secessionist group. The minister had asserted: “Let me tell you, the financial headquarters (of IPOB) is in France, we know” and also posed a rhetorical question: “Who does not know that IPOB internal radio is located in London?” Mohammed explained how Britain had been frustrating Nigeria’s diplomatic efforts with the British authorities to shut down the pirate radio station only to be given the nebulous excuse of freedom of expression.

He had wondered: “If we have a person in Nigeria openly soliciting arms to come and fight in the UK, what would you think of it. Would you consider that freedom of expression?” The minister implied that the two countries have been engaged in semantics or what I would call diplomatic jousting. Minister Mohammed spoke of “knotty diplomatic issues which you need to skip” only to add in a double talk “I don’t want any diplomatic row.” Of course, the minister knew the charges against the two countries would spark diplomatic skirmishes, perhaps low level, for now.

Well, these are trying times in Nigeria and nationalist fervor demands that the country must be ready to ruffle some diplomatic nests in defense of the sanctity of her territorial integrity and sovereignty. There is reciprocity in diplomatic relations. We need to remember that Britain and France have played ignoble roles in the international arena in recent times under the self-serving subterfuge called ‘International Community.’ Britain followed the United States to declare war on Iraq on the lie that Iraqi President, Saddam Hussein, had ‘weapons of mass destruction’ which must be neutralised.

They ended up destroying that country and got its president hanged, as a rub in. Yet, Tony Blair, the then British Prime Minister, who stridently orchestrated Gulf War II could still face the world and declare that he had no apology for the destruction of Iraq, a country that has not known peace since. Such brazenness! Such denial of criminal culpability by a British Prime Minister who had made a past time of pillorying President Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe whose main offence was winning re-elections in his country.

Apparently, Blair, with imperialist hang-over, wanted a regime change in Zimbabwe but met more than his match in President Mugabe, who once derisively called him Tony b-Liar. The old Zimbabwean war horse was right, Tony Blair lied on Iraq. So, if Britain condoned the Iraqi war, why is the Nigerian government peeved by the British High Commission’s statement condoning Radio Biafra’s hate and inciting broadcasts on the puerile doctrine of freedom of expression? The same Britain that shut down the Internet when youths went on rampage in London on the excuse that they were using it to network and mobilize others for the riot.

Talk of diplomatic duplicity or double standard. The immediate past British Prime Minister, chubby boy, David Cameron, in an expansive mood, once described Nigeria as a fantastically corrupt country, another brazenness from a country that is fantastically a receiver of stolen funds, being the financial capital of the world, both legitimate and illicit. Well, it was good riddance, as the political gambler fantastically lost the Brexit vote that saw to his exit from 10, Downing Street, the Prime Minister’s official residence.

As for France, it supported Biafra I and facilitated Emeka Ojukwu’s exile in Ivory Coast, her satellite nation, so, it should be no surprise that it is the financial clearing house for IPOB, the leading agent for Biafra II. France was indicted in the Rwanda Genocide of 1994, in which an estimated 800,000 Tutsis lost their lives, for being complicit with the then Hutu-led government. France also led the Western onslaught on Libya that saw the killing of Libyan leader, Muamar Gaddafi. In 2011, France, brazenly thwarted the will of the Ivorian people, when under the cover of ‘International Community’ mandate, it provided military support for a candidate, Alassane Quattara, in Cote D’Ivoire’s disputed presidential election conflict to capture a sitting African President, Laurent Gbagbo! Gbagbo had won the majority vote in the main election and was pronounced winner of the re-run election by the country’s Constitutional Court only for the UN Representative in Cote D’Ivoire to assume the role of electoral commission to declare Quattara as the winner!!

Sadly, Nigeria’s naïve President Goodluck Jonathan, as ECOWAS leader, had endorsed the UN envoy’s verdict, and consequent UN mandate, which accorded French military partisan involvement a dubious legitimacy. Cote D’Ivoire is France’s milking cow, a situation President Gbagbo had ended, so the empire struck back. With Quattara, who is married to a French woman, in charge, France has returned to gravy train in Cote D’Ivoire while President Gbagbo languishes in detention at The Hague facing criminal charges at the International Court of Justice.

The West sent Gbagbo to jail for a domestic conflict arising from an election dispute, but Tony Blair still struts around, a free man. Talk of the hypocrisy of the ‘International Community.

Nigeria’s political leadership should be under no illusion about any affectionate love from Britain or France, and, by extension, western countries. Britain and France are yesterday’s countries, over whose empires the sun has set, now playing a fickle third fiddle in international power relations and struggling for residual relevance in Africa. Nigeria, on the other hand, is a country of the future with great potentials which some vested interests may not want manifested being a threat to their hegemonic hold. You see, no country in Europe has Nigeria’s landmass, natural resources or population.

According to worldometers.info (2017) the combined population of Britain (66.2 million) and France (64.9 million) is 131.1 million compared to Nigeria’s 192.06 million while the combined landmass of Britain and France is 789,487sq km as against Nigeria’s 910,770sq km. Given these endowments plus high caliber human capital, the prospects of Nigeria as the great Black Hope is bright. We can now begin to understand why many countries would have dubious designs on Nigeria and would not be averse to its disintegration.

• Dr. Olawunmi, senior lecturer, Department of Mass Communication, Bowen University and former Washington Correspondent, News Agency of Nigeria (NAN).

http://guardian.ng/opinion/britain-france-and-ipob-duplicity-of-failed-empires/

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
This can only come from a lecturer in a Nigerian university, evident in his loss of touch with Global realities.
myopic adjudications like this is a proof that the quality of lecturers is the reason graduates leave our higher institutions worse than undergraduates their entry status.

The crux of this man's opinion is that since IPOB has a foreign account domiciled in France, Paris has become complicit in IPOB affairs, on the other hand, Since Britain still allows radio Biafra to thrive then, london is complicit in IPOB affairs, this s!lly conclusion can only be drawn by an academic misfit, unfortunately, he feeds our undergraduates with this kinda jargon, rendering them impotent in the larger world.

In 2016, the Turkish government through its Ambassador to Nigeria handed us a list of 17 schools and several hospitals fingered to be owned by the Gulen movement accused of masterminding a failed coup in Turkey, hoping to use diplomatic influence to cripple their source of external funding by extension their investments abroad, we replied Ankra that whatever they did in Turkey isn't our problem, to us, they are much desired foreign investors assisting the growth of our economy. Never mind that the US had asked the Turkish government to provide proof of the Gulen involvement before its leader can be extradited, Turkey is yet to comply with that directive. Till date those schools are up and running, thanks to diplomacy of protectionism and national interest.

Never do wells like Lai Mohammed who ordinarily is best fit for a propaganda machinery should stop disgracing Nigeria on the global stage, why do you need to beg Britain to shut down radio Biafra? is it in the British interest to do so? how many transponders of economic importance will have to go down just to satisfy the brutish curiosity of the Nigerian government? don't think there are stand alone stations on a communication satellite.
Lai mohammed should give us one good reason why the UK should shut down radio Biafra, since we all agree that the whole freedom of speech excuse is nonsense, I could remember vividly in recent past when there was a diplomatic row between the Iranian government and the UK, anti Israeli and anti semitic rhetorics saturated the airwaves, the british government banned the Iranian owned Press Tv till further notice, isn't that a breach of speech freedom?
Lai mohammed must understand that the world does not care of his existence, he may be a minister in nigeria today, over there, he is just another bloody African that usually begs for visa at the Embassy, the british governmnet doesnt owe him sh!t neither do they care about his existence, going there to make demands is the most stup!d diplomatic move i've heard so far.

The infamous Dr omawumi is completely out of touch with reality when he assumed that Britain owes us something when we allow looters to export our common wealth to foreign treasuries, it is no right but a privilege if they choose to assist in its repatriation after all, the British government did not ask us to elect petty thieves with leaking institutions, it is a shame when Dr Omawumi has misplaced simple magnanimity for entitlement. what happened to frequency jammers if we are so desperate to shut down radio Biafra? does Britain look like a houseboy at our beck and call? The Nigerian authorities must use this incident as a learning point to up our ante, not only in diplomacy but in technological self reliance.

IPOB may decide to use proxies to control the accounts having members globally, what diplomatic reason does France have to shut the said accounts? if it must be done and perhaps monies remitted to us because we are Nigeria the giant of Africa? Does Lai mohammed really think the French authorities are stup!d?

I agree completely corruption must be tackled, i agree IPOB is a clandestine group that deserve no attention in Nigeria however, bothering other countries with our petty issues is a joke taken too far.
Re: Britain, France And IPOB: Duplicity Of Failed Empires- The Guardian by gidgiddy: 3:04pm On Oct 24, 2017
ivolt:

Nigeria can go after any suspected trouble maker. There is no law in our
constitution mandating the government to only go after armed suspect.
In fact, most of the arrest carried out by law enforcement agencies does
not involve armed suspects.

Again unarmed does not equate saint or blameless.

Cowards cower under their beds or flee instead of confronting
their problems so you can't have "coward" and "invade" in the same character.
We can clearly see who is the real coward here.

Army exercises are perfectly legal, if it isn't please point to the part of the Nigerian
constitution which barred Nigerian army from carrying out excercise in any part of
the Nigerian territory. I hate pseudo-authoritative arguments, just because you said
so does not make the Army Excercise illegal

By bringing in shekau into an unrelated issue, you are just like a pickpocket who
berates police for arresting him instead of going after armed robbers and murderers.
You can see the fallacy in such argument.

Again, cite the part of the Nigerian constitution which bans the Army from carrying
out excercises in any Nigerian territory. Don't bother restating your point if you do not
have evidence to back yourself up.

Dangerous elements in a society must be reign in. Again this has nothing to
do with being armed.

I suggest you read section 217 of the constitution. It gives only 4 situations where the military can be deployed:

1) Protecting the territory of Nigeria from external aggression

2) When there is insurrection

3)To "aid" civil authority

4) By an act of the national assmbly

And none of them applied to Abia state

2 Likes

Re: Britain, France And IPOB: Duplicity Of Failed Empires- The Guardian by ivolt: 3:20pm On Oct 24, 2017
gidgiddy:

I suggest you read section 217 of the constitution. It gives only 4 situations where the military can be deployed:

1) Protecting the territory of Nigeria from external aggression

2) When there is insurrection

3)To "aid" civil authority

4) By an act of the national assembly

And none of them applied to Abia state

So you cannot differentiate between a military exercise and
military deployment?

Even if I were to agree with your false claims that the military was
deployed for combat, they did tick off both reason 2 and 3.
Re: Britain, France And IPOB: Duplicity Of Failed Empires- The Guardian by Alwaystruth: 3:49pm On Oct 24, 2017
That is the very problem with Nigeria ...Every Dick and Harry is a Dr and purely nothing tangible and physical to show for it. Borrowed and unmerited titles everywhere. How could this trash-writer be a Dr. of philosophy and yet has no single philosophical thoughts and senses in his empty ,bigoted tribal and corrupted Igbophobia head?. I weep for Nigeria. I have a message for you Mr. borrowed Dr, no unity is sustained with the barrel of guns as history has shown that. Let me put it to you, no amount of fabrication of words, employment of weapons, armaments and military invasion will give Nigeria unity and as long as day and night remains,Biafrans will continue to seek for freedom until freedom is gotten. If people like respected Prof. Wole Soyinka can assert that no amount of usage of weapons and military invasion can stop agitation for Biafra and if after killing over 10 million Biafrans just 50 years ago and the agitation for Biafra can hit the zoo this hard, I don't see how your useless and carelessly arranged article here can be more lethal than weapons against the quest for independent of Biafra. So, get that into your rotten and quota Dr brain that millions of you can not stop Biafra and that our leader Mazi Nnamdi Kanu is greater than you and your entire generation and the struggle for Biafra is greater and beyond Kanu.

3 Likes

Re: Britain, France And IPOB: Duplicity Of Failed Empires- The Guardian by jpphilips(m): 4:00pm On Oct 24, 2017
bigfish3k:
am not a tribalist, but yorubas are just very funny, they make u believe u are worthless and that they can do without u even though in their inner mind they know that u are helping their existence, if not why are they so pained about a people they described as worthless wanting to leave them. they will be quick to tell u beautiful reasons why u should remain. just listen to them on television TVC and hear biase analysis

u will still see some of them with statements like 'who is holding u not to go' but will be quick to send in soldiers to the war front. hypocrisy.
as far am concerned its the yorubas that are holding us back because they have never supported our quest but opposing us both intellectually and with use of force, we are suppose to be partners but they always leave us in the cold and laugh at our pains just like the Aba massacre

the fact is that Igbos are just too invaluable to all the tribes in Nigeria for them to be spilling blood just to keep them

People like you are so used to those eastern caves that basic common sense must be interpreted with ethnic pettiness, Igbos in Nigeria have carved a niche that we collectively depend on, I am sure a lot of igbos in the west and elsewhere equally needs the protection of the Nigerian state perhaps from the reprisal of the arrogance of the umuahia lunatic, after all, there is no general consensus on his biafra meat pie.

The Nigeria our founding fathers left for us (all the ethnic groups) has a landmass of over 900k square kilometers, it doesn't belong to igbos alone, on that landmass and population, we have built our collective national security, so if you really want to leave, you may consider the option of leaving our landmass intact, you may go to any international waters, sand fill out a private country and name it your Biafra, igbos are wealthy they can afford it, I bet Nigeria will not disturb you, individuals like Richard Branson has made such investments, Countries like china have created private islands from the South china sea, that will be a test of fate for those who really want this biafra.
Attempting to take the land mass of all nigerians and convert it to Igbo only territory when other Igbos will have to share the rest of the country with the other tribes, is not only a suicidal but selfish and arrogant thought, one that even an igbo president knows must be met with force.

When others ask you to leave, they mean leave with your soul & body but leave our lands behind, Cameroon may not want to sell us theirs neither would Benin republic, i doubt if we have the military might to maintain overseas territories, the reason you got education is to earn some sense, i can see that most of those eastern cave dwellers lack it.

1 Like

Re: Britain, France And IPOB: Duplicity Of Failed Empires- The Guardian by jpphilips(m): 4:04pm On Oct 24, 2017
Alwaystruth:
That is the very problem with Nigeria ...Every Dick and Harry is a Dr and purely nothing tangible and physical to show for it. Borrowed and unmerited titles everywhere. How could this trash-writer be a Dr. of philosophy and yet has no single philosophical thoughts and senses in his empty ,bigoted tribal and corrupted Igbophobia head?. I weep for Nigeria. I have a message for you Mr. borrowed Dr, no unity is sustained with the barrel of guns as history has shown that. Let me put it to you, no amount of fabrication of words, employment of weapons, armaments and military invasion will give Nigeria unity and as long as day and night remains,Biafrans will continue to seek for freedom until freedom is gotten. If people like respected Prof. Wole Soyinka can assert that no amount of usage of weapons and military invasion can stop agitation for Biafra and if after killing over 10 million Biafrans just 50 years ago and the agitation for Biafra can hit the zoo this hard, I don't see how your useless and carelessly arranged article here can be more lethal than weapons against the quest for independent of Biafra. So, get that into your rotten and quota Dr brain that millions of you can not stop Biafra and that our leader Mazi Nnamdi Kanu is greater than you and your entire generation and the struggle for Biafra is greater and beyond Kanu.

Biafra died in 1970, anybody still playing around the thought of Biafra should better use his blood for rituals than wasting it on the streets, what myopic igbos like you fail to understand is that Biafra only serves the purpose of petty traders in the east, not real igbos with serious enlightenment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Britain, France And IPOB: Duplicity Of Failed Empires- The Guardian by knowledgeable: 4:04pm On Oct 24, 2017
HungerBAD:
By Bisi Olawunmi

The secessionist insurrection of the Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB) took a dramatic turn in the week ended Saturday, September 23, 2017, during which the secessionist group was proscribed and its erstwhile boastful leader, Nnamdi Kanu, took to his heels when confronted with fired up soldiers. Reminds you of another boastful secessionist in Biafra 1 – Emeka Odimegwu Ojukwu – who also went on the lam when federal troops closed in on him back in January 1970? At least, Ojukwu walked the talk of war, but this wet pants peed on only hearing the sound of guns! So much for the empty braggadocio! Also during the same week, there was an international angle to the secessionist agitation as the Federal Government decided to name two countries – Britain and France – as collaborators in IPOB’s partitioning agenda.

Minister of Information, Culture and Tourism, Lai Mohammed, told the nation on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 how Britain and France have been tacitly complicit with IPOB in its destabilisation of Nigeria. Britain, stated the minister, continues to tolerate Radio Biafra’s hate and incendiary broadcasts from London while France is said to be the financial clearing house of IPOB from where funds flow to the secessionist group. The minister had asserted: “Let me tell you, the financial headquarters (of IPOB) is in France, we know” and also posed a rhetorical question: “Who does not know that IPOB internal radio is located in London?” Mohammed explained how Britain had been frustrating Nigeria’s diplomatic efforts with the British authorities to shut down the pirate radio station only to be given the nebulous excuse of freedom of expression.

He had wondered: “If we have a person in Nigeria openly soliciting arms to come and fight in the UK, what would you think of it. Would you consider that freedom of expression?” The minister implied that the two countries have been engaged in semantics or what I would call diplomatic jousting. Minister Mohammed spoke of “knotty diplomatic issues which you need to skip” only to add in a double talk “I don’t want any diplomatic row.” Of course, the minister knew the charges against the two countries would spark diplomatic skirmishes, perhaps low level, for now.

Well, these are trying times in Nigeria and nationalist fervor demands that the country must be ready to ruffle some diplomatic nests in defense of the sanctity of her territorial integrity and sovereignty. There is reciprocity in diplomatic relations. We need to remember that Britain and France have played ignoble roles in the international arena in recent times under the self-serving subterfuge called ‘International Community.’ Britain followed the United States to declare war on Iraq on the lie that Iraqi President, Saddam Hussein, had ‘weapons of mass destruction’ which must be neutralised.

They ended up destroying that country and got its president hanged, as a rub in. Yet, Tony Blair, the then British Prime Minister, who stridently orchestrated Gulf War II could still face the world and declare that he had no apology for the destruction of Iraq, a country that has not known peace since. Such brazenness! Such denial of criminal culpability by a British Prime Minister who had made a past time of pillorying President Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe whose main offence was winning re-elections in his country.

Apparently, Blair, with imperialist hang-over, wanted a regime change in Zimbabwe but met more than his match in President Mugabe, who once derisively called him Tony b-Liar. The old Zimbabwean war horse was right, Tony Blair lied on Iraq. So, if Britain condoned the Iraqi war, why is the Nigerian government peeved by the British High Commission’s statement condoning Radio Biafra’s hate and inciting broadcasts on the puerile doctrine of freedom of expression? The same Britain that shut down the Internet when youths went on rampage in London on the excuse that they were using it to network and mobilize others for the riot.

Talk of diplomatic duplicity or double standard. The immediate past British Prime Minister, chubby boy, David Cameron, in an expansive mood, once described Nigeria as a fantastically corrupt country, another brazenness from a country that is fantastically a receiver of stolen funds, being the financial capital of the world, both legitimate and illicit. Well, it was good riddance, as the political gambler fantastically lost the Brexit vote that saw to his exit from 10, Downing Street, the Prime Minister’s official residence.

As for France, it supported Biafra I and facilitated Emeka Ojukwu’s exile in Ivory Coast, her satellite nation, so, it should be no surprise that it is the financial clearing house for IPOB, the leading agent for Biafra II. France was indicted in the Rwanda Genocide of 1994, in which an estimated 800,000 Tutsis lost their lives, for being complicit with the then Hutu-led government. France also led the Western onslaught on Libya that saw the killing of Libyan leader, Muamar Gaddafi. In 2011, France, brazenly thwarted the will of the Ivorian people, when under the cover of ‘International Community’ mandate, it provided military support for a candidate, Alassane Quattara, in Cote D’Ivoire’s disputed presidential election conflict to capture a sitting African President, Laurent Gbagbo! Gbagbo had won the majority vote in the main election and was pronounced winner of the re-run election by the country’s Constitutional Court only for the UN Representative in Cote D’Ivoire to assume the role of electoral commission to declare Quattara as the winner!!

Sadly, Nigeria’s naïve President Goodluck Jonathan, as ECOWAS leader, had endorsed the UN envoy’s verdict, and consequent UN mandate, which accorded French military partisan involvement a dubious legitimacy. Cote D’Ivoire is France’s milking cow, a situation President Gbagbo had ended, so the empire struck back. With Quattara, who is married to a French woman, in charge, France has returned to gravy train in Cote D’Ivoire while President Gbagbo languishes in detention at The Hague facing criminal charges at the International Court of Justice.

The West sent Gbagbo to jail for a domestic conflict arising from an election dispute, but Tony Blair still struts around, a free man. Talk of the hypocrisy of the ‘International Community.

Nigeria’s political leadership should be under no illusion about any affectionate love from Britain or France, and, by extension, western countries. Britain and France are yesterday’s countries, over whose empires the sun has set, now playing a fickle third fiddle in international power relations and struggling for residual relevance in Africa. Nigeria, on the other hand, is a country of the future with great potentials which some vested interests may not want manifested being a threat to their hegemonic hold. You see, no country in Europe has Nigeria’s landmass, natural resources or population.

According to worldometers.info (2017) the combined population of Britain (66.2 million) and France (64.9 million) is 131.1 million compared to Nigeria’s 192.06 million while the combined landmass of Britain and France is 789,487sq km as against Nigeria’s 910,770sq km. Given these endowments plus high caliber human capital, the prospects of Nigeria as the great Black Hope is bright. We can now begin to understand why many countries would have dubious designs on Nigeria and would not be averse to its disintegration.

• Dr. Olawunmi, senior lecturer, Department of Mass Communication, Bowen University and former Washington Correspondent, News Agency of Nigeria (NAN).

http://guardian.ng/opinion/britain-france-and-ipob-duplicity-of-failed-empires/

Yorubas do not understand the Nigerian reality like the Igbos do........and is very very unfortunate.

My simple/common sense question to Yorubas and their elites is this: which group have a better/clearer and understanding of an environment? (a) A group whom in their numbers engaging that environment through both vertical and horizontal migratory pattern, indept intermingling through trade, commerce, inter-marriages, buying into real estate and extensive travel experiences of the said environment or (b) A group whom their engagement with the said environment is limited to about half of the first group??.

There is no greatness to Nigeria future, as the country is structured today....and any medium European power can bring complete destruction to Nigeria if she really choose to. If certain kind of weapons/finances through a proxy is made available to any one or more of the agitating groups, there goes Nigeria, your lagos and your Eko Atlantic. Britain, France and Europe understand it. In fact, in there own belief, you haven't enter into history.

3 Likes

Re: Britain, France And IPOB: Duplicity Of Failed Empires- The Guardian by EternalTruths: 4:09pm On Oct 24, 2017
knowledgeable:

Yorubas do not understand the Nigerian reality like the Igbos do........and is very very unfortunate.

My simple/common sense question to Yorubas and their elites is this: which group have a better/clearer and understanding of an environment? (a) A group whom in their numbers engaging that environment through both vertical and horizontal migratory pattern, indept intermingling through trade, commerce, inter-marriages, buying into real estate and extensive travel experiences of the said environment or (b) A group whom their engagement with the said environment is limited to about half of the first group??.

There is no greatness to Nigeria future, as the country is structured today....and any medium European power can bring complete destruction to Nigeria if she really choose to. If certain kind of weapons/finances through a proxy is made available to any one or more of the agitating groups, there goes Nigeria, your lagos and your Eko Atlantic. Britain, France and Europe understand it. If fact, in there own belief, you haven't enter into history.

The US is just laughing at Yoruba people.

The day, they will side one side against Nigeria, that day, Nigeria will cease to exist.

2 Likes

Re: Britain, France And IPOB: Duplicity Of Failed Empires- The Guardian by Ngokafor(f): 4:19pm On Oct 24, 2017
DieBuhari:
What is wrong with Yorubas?

That is one question only their maker can answer when it comes to Igbos or Biafran issues..for real

1 Like

Re: Britain, France And IPOB: Duplicity Of Failed Empires- The Guardian by DEMOO07: 4:20pm On Oct 24, 2017
NnamdiKanu:
I actually decided not to insult Yoruba's on this forum .
but their constant pock nosing into biafran matters will make me retract that decision...imagine the rubbish an acclaimed doctor wrote. May Death befall on this bastard and his people
instead of you to learn from yorubas words of wisdom, you keep on cursing and abusing your selves. You can never succeed cos you don't have the temerity and you lack focus and you do t also know what you want.. Shame to you... Continue your insults, for it will not change us, it makes us more intelligent and relevant. Thank you boy. Be wise. Learn from your Yoruba brother and stop beefing him.
Re: Britain, France And IPOB: Duplicity Of Failed Empires- The Guardian by Ngokafor(f): 4:35pm On Oct 24, 2017
EternalTruths:

The fear Yorubas have for Biafra, proves that most of them don't have faith in their God to feed them even if Nigeria cease to exist today.

True that...One minute,they are making noise on how their IGR is more than the entire world put together,how they are 'sohisticated' are 'feeding' and are life-lines to Igbos,how Igbos are criminals who should leave their 'land'..But the minute you mention 'dis-integration' with the attendant opportunity for them to be on their own and be free from Igbos,they go into epileptic fits of rage,protests, dis-agreements,cries and feverish conditions.

A handful of them only claim to want their own country on faceless forums like nairaland out of shame and embarassment when their desperate love for 'one Nigeria is pointed out..but in reality,they are all the same..They sure do have a morbid fear of being left alone in Nigeria for real.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Britain, France And IPOB: Duplicity Of Failed Empires- The Guardian by EternalTruths: 4:42pm On Oct 24, 2017
Ngokafor:

True that...One minute,they are making noise on how their IGR is more than the entire world put together,how they are 'sohisticated' are 'feeding' and are life-lines to Igbos,how Igbos are criminals who should leave their 'land'...But the minute you mention 'dis-integration' with the attendant opportunity for them to be on their own and be free from Igbos,they go into epileptic fits of rage,protests and dis-agreements..

A handful of them only claim to want their own country on faceless forums like nairaland of shame and embarassment when their desperate love for 'one Nigeria is pointed out..but in reality,they are all the dame..They sure do have a morbid fear of being left alone in Nigeria for real.

Very True.

2 Likes

Re: Britain, France And IPOB: Duplicity Of Failed Empires- The Guardian by NOETHNICITY(m): 4:54pm On Oct 24, 2017
adeolakemi:
And if I check well I will find out that u ve at a point in time written about Boko Haram which is supposed to be a Northern issue.
Re: Britain, France And IPOB: Duplicity Of Failed Empires- The Guardian by DEMOO07: 5:20pm On Oct 24, 2017
Ngokafor:

True that...One minute,they are making noise on how their IGR is more than the entire world put together,how they are 'sohisticated' are 'feeding' and are life-lines to Igbos,how Igbos are criminals who should leave their 'land'..But the minute you mention 'dis-integration' with the attendant opportunity for them to be on their own and be free from Igbos,they go into epileptic fits of rage,protests and dis-agreements,cries and feverish conditions.

A handful of them only claim to want their own country on faceless forums like nairaland out of shame and embarassment when their desperate love for 'one Nigeria is pointed out..but in reality,they are all the same..They sure do have a morbid fear of being left alone in Nigeria for real.
But who holds you back? When the Arewa youths asked you to leave... What were your reactions. Is it not you were stylishly begging? See, u just don't know what you want. Check all Kanu's speech. Very uncoordinated, Making hate speeches ... Is that the way to go about it? It shows the level of your intellectual capabilities. Was Yoruba there when he was Making those stupid speeches? You re only envious of Yoruba achievements. Even if you go, you cant hold yourselves. The ones you have been allocated, how ha e you spent it. Instead of you to ask your leaderships questions. You are having headache about Yoruba. Yoruba are wiser, they cant support you cos your approach was wrong. So Yoruba can't be stupid like you. We see end of issues from the start. We are the most civilised in Nigeria. The most accommodating and hospitable. I know you yourself benefited from Yoruba free education which cant be at your country. We see your strengths and we utilized it to our advantage unlike you. That is wisdom!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Faces of the SSS fallen Heroes / Ambode Okays Construction Of Fagba Flyover Bridge. / NYSC: Sanwo-Olu Government To Involve Corpers In Construction Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.