Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,583 members, 7,820,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. (40831 Views)

Can A Warrant Officer Take Orders From A Lieutenant In The Army / Meet Kelechi Ndukwe, First Nigerian-American Naval Captain / Oluwatobi Al-Bakare Becomes Second Lieutenant Of US Army, Husband Celebrates Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by lazinny(m): 7:23am On Oct 26, 2017
lazinny:

thought the same ooo. She's more jewish than Nigerian
Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by airsaylongcon: 7:24am On Oct 26, 2017
HungerBAD:
Pretty.

Hungerbad has a thing for a woman in Uniform. Well, all except the women wearing the Nigeria Police Uniform.

Your father was happy you decided to join?you had no option sweetheart. All Israeli's must serve the Country.

Joining the Israeli armed forces is not optional for both males and females,as it is compulsory they serve.

Israel and 23 other Countries in the world have this strange law.

It is the law.

I think the compulsion is for full blooded Israelis. You know that Arab Israelis and Ultra orthodox Jews are exempt. I'm surprised they let her join because there's often the insistence that only those born of a jew (mother is a jew) can join. I stand to be corrected on the last assertion though.
Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by correctguy101(m): 7:25am On Oct 26, 2017
HungerBAD:
Pretty.

Hungerbad has a thing for a woman in Uniform. Well, all except the women wearing the Nigeria Police Uniform.

Your father was happy you decided to join?you had no option sweetheart. All Israeli's must serve the Country.

Joining the Israeli armed forces is not optional for both males and females,as it is compulsory they serve.

Israel and 23 other Countries in the world have this strange law.

It is the law.

Does that mean every Israelite I encounter will or would've served in the army at one time or the other? undecided

These Israelites never change much o. Everybody na potential soldier. Palestine never see anything... lols

1 Like

Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by HungerBAD: 7:26am On Oct 26, 2017
airsaylongcon:

I think the compulsion is for full blooded Israelis. You know that Arab Israelis and Ultra orthodox Jews are exempt. I'm surprised they let her join because there's often the insistence that only those born of a jew (mother is a jew) can join. I stand to be corrected on the last assertion though.

Ohh i did not know this aspect, thanks for the education.

3 Likes

Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by HungerBAD: 7:27am On Oct 26, 2017
correctguy101:

Does that mean every Israelite I encounter will or would've served in the army at one time or the other? undecided

These Israelites never change much o. Everybody na potential soldier. Palestine never see anything... lols

Yes all Israeli's you have met are trained Soldiers, there are no exception.

3 Likes

Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by BafanaBafana: 7:31am On Oct 26, 2017
zlantanfan:
Every Christian in the world owes Israel support
why please?
Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by correctguy101(m): 7:33am On Oct 26, 2017
HungerBAD:

Yes all Israeli's you have met are trained Soldiers, there are no exception.

Met a Rabbi or two when I was in Jordan. Very intelligent people. They didn't even care that I'm irreligious and they didn't try to preach to me. But we related fine for I and my friends were like the only dark skinned guys in the whole place, lols...

So those men that were laughing with me will be saying in their minds - The bloody black civilians gringrin

Do Rabbis too serve in the military?

1 Like

Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by Bahamas95(m): 7:34am On Oct 26, 2017
Nigerian? undecided. She is an Israeli jor! Lovely looking soldier
Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by BRAV0O(m): 7:36am On Oct 26, 2017
Nigerians everywhere you go! Kudos cheesy grin
Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by HungerBAD: 7:38am On Oct 26, 2017
correctguy101:

Met a Rabbi or two when I was in Jordan. Very intelligent people. They didn't even care that I'm irreligious and they didn't try to preach to me. But we related fine for I and my friends were like the only dark skinned guys in the whole place, lols...

So those men that were laughing with me will be saying in their minds - The bloody black civilians gringrin

Do Rabbis too serve in the military?

Yes they were. You have to understand the reason why, and that is because Israel is a very small Country surrounded by hostile nations, and so all hands is trained just in case they get attacked.

The street cleaner in Israel is a trained soldier.

5 Likes

Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by HungerBAD: 7:44am On Oct 26, 2017
yomalex:
Nice.
HungerBad she could choose to stay in Nigeria

Yes she could, but she would not be given her Israeli Passport, which is a very powerful passport. It is a Constitutional Requirement, and is a requirement in being an Israeli(by Birth or Naturalization)

4 Likes

Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by mykemiley(f): 7:53am On Oct 26, 2017
Mrjaz:
Kai Eya I didn't even read the story isreal we r so sorry yet another beautiful female soldier have been shoot thank God she didnt die we wish her quick recovery from her sickness send her back to Nigeria please...let me be going oh.....una good morning
Early morning weed not healthy @ al
Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by yomalex(m): 7:59am On Oct 26, 2017
HungerBAD:

Yes she could, but she would not be given her Israeli Passport, which is a very powerful passport. It is a Constitutional Requirement, and is a requirement in being an Israeli(by Birth or Naturalization)

ok
Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by Killurself: 7:59am On Oct 26, 2017
She is an Israelis not Nigeria. Everybody claimed her father land not mother
Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by Nobody: 8:01am On Oct 26, 2017
elipheleh:
I don't want to comment on this thread

Likewise me I have said I wont comment and Im not commenting. Is that an halfcast
Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by cstr1000: 8:05am On Oct 26, 2017

3 Likes

Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by Kenturkey048(m): 8:09am On Oct 26, 2017
was born in Nigeria..by a Nigerian to an Israeli father.............then how is she a Nigerian??
Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by cstr1000: 8:09am On Oct 26, 2017
lazinny:

thought the same ooo. She's more jewish than Nigerian
Isreal is a matriarchal society. To be naturally Jewish, your mother must be Jewish not even the father.
It shows how progressive they have become in recent years.

1 Like

Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by cstr1000: 8:11am On Oct 26, 2017
NLPsychologist:
Isreali wannabes will be like

"Ndiara this afonja gel just chance us the tlue sons of de soil"
Does she look Yoruba to you?
Toby is not a Yoruba name. It is an English word somewhat.
It is different from Tobi.
Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by Tmiky: 8:12am On Oct 26, 2017
U sure say this one na nigerian, this face looks lik Donald Trump's daughter
Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by Nobody: 8:12am On Oct 26, 2017
Some Nigerians are truly making us proud, ride in fellow Nigerian citizen, your work in Zion will not be forgotten by the God of Isreal

1 Like

Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by eginaP: 8:17am On Oct 26, 2017
Ncsamuel:
Nigerians sef! But why dont we read stuff like '' the first american/isreali/canadian to serve in the Nigerian army, to play for the national team...............etc? Instead we go dey claim what/who is not 'connected' to our country in any way! Abi people, have you ever seen a biracial soldier in the Nigerian army/police or rather why didnt her father allow her to join the nigerian army instead, or is she not qualified to? Smh

One bottle of beer for you.
Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 26, 2017
Kenturkey048:
was born in Nigeria..by a Nigerian to an Israeli father.............then how is she a Nigerian??

That's what makes her a Nigerian, if you don't like it go and kill yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by sagod: 8:20am On Oct 26, 2017
See ignorance at its peak. How can you describe someone whose father is an Israeli as a Nigerian?
Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by lexy2014: 8:22am On Oct 26, 2017
EFGH:
AMAZING: Meet Lieutenant Toby Cohen The First And Only Nigerian Woman To Serve In Israel’s Army.

The 21-year-old was born in Nigeria to a Nigerian mother and an Israeli father.

Cohen was living with her parents and sister in Kano, before she migrated to Israel.

Cohen said: “I always wanted to come to Israel, ever since I was a small child, I wanted a deeper connection, to understand what ‘Israel’ is, and not just through stories.”

Despite the fact that moving to Israel was dream come true for the woman, it was still hard to adjust to the life in another country.

She said: “New immigrants are often embarrassed and ashamed to speak, because they may say something wrong and I was one of them but at some point I realised that I couldn’t go on like this.

I made a lot of mistakes along the way, and it was hard, but it was worth it.”

The young lady learnt Hebrew and her friends helped her to adjust into the Israeli society.

According to Cohen, her father was happy about her decision to become an officer in the Israeli army.

The soldier’s father was also an officer in the Israeli army.

She said: “He was just as emotional as I was. For him it was a dream come true, and his being there really helped me.” “My mother and my entire family attended the officers’ graduation ceremony.

It is very touching to be the first woman officer from Nigeria in the IDF. Obviously I have fallen in love with Israel. This is my home and I see myself continuing my life here.”

Cohen served as an operations sergeant in the Homefront Command and was later accepted into the officers’ training course.

Her duty as a Deputy Training Officer in Haifa region is to guide people on how to act during natural disasters such as earthquakes, fires and floods, as well as emergencies such as rocket attacks or the threat of a biological/chemical weapon.

http://www.hinnews.com/news/amazing-meet-lieutenant-toby-cohen-first-nigerian-woman-serve-israels-army/
but una don post this story b4. If d dad is an Israeli, how's she a Nigerian?
Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by sagod: 8:23am On Oct 26, 2017
No! That she was born in Nigeria by a Nigerian woman does not make her a Nigerian, but only gives her certain citizenship privileges.

Pidgin2:

That's what makes her a Nigerian, if you don't like it go and kill yourself.
Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by cstr1000: 8:30am On Oct 26, 2017
lexy2014:
but una don post this story b4. If d dad is an Israeli, how's she a Nigerian?
So women in Nigeria have no right to confer Nigerian citizenship on her child if the father is a foreigner?
Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by afroxyz: 8:32am On Oct 26, 2017
Is she a nigerian? No. And I still find the post heading preposterous. Ate Nigerians supposed to be serving in the Israeli army that you now tag positions of 1st and 2nd? Brainless poster
Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by lexy2014: 8:35am On Oct 26, 2017
cstr1000:

So women in Nigeria have no right to confer citizenship?
as u are now, which state of origin&local govt, do u claim, ur dad or ur mums?which surname do u bear, that of ur dads family or that of ur mum family?
Re: Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. by Nobody: 8:42am On Oct 26, 2017
sagod:
No! That she was born in Nigeria by a Nigerian woman does not make her a Nigerian, but only gives her certain citizenship privileges.

Why don't you read before you argue, have you rear the revised Nigerian constitution as regards Nigerian citizenship?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chinese Company In Ogun Compensates Worker Crippled By His Boss’ Kung-fu Kicks / My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX / I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.