Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,637 members, 7,813,106 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

There Is No Afterlife! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There Is No Afterlife! (2981 Views)

Be Sure Of Your Afterlife Before You Depart / A Very False Christian Belief About The Afterlife. / What's The Yoruba Traditional Belief Of Afterlife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Is No Afterlife! by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 24, 2017
smiley
Re: There Is No Afterlife! by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 24, 2017
I believe.....I don't think there's any form of afterlife or whatever, once we're gone, we're gone.

2 Likes

Re: There Is No Afterlife! by UmarIbnShittu(m): 9:27pm On Oct 24, 2017

Re: There Is No Afterlife! by Nobody: 10:03pm On Oct 24, 2017
shervydman:
I believe.....I don't think there's any form of afterlife or whatever, once we're gone, we're gone.
Which means we are on the same line. If I ask, what is your say for thought who say Ghost exists?
Re: There Is No Afterlife! by Nobody: 11:02pm On Oct 24, 2017
Hati13:

Which means we are on the same line. If I ask, what is your say for thought who say Ghost exists?
hmmmn, I don't believe in ghost too. whoever believe in ghost might have had an encounter with them or heard real life stories about them. I don't think a neutral person can believe in ghost.

1 Like

Re: There Is No Afterlife! by olaleye1355(m): 11:48pm On Oct 24, 2017
You both should google "out of body experience" a.k.a. OBE and tell me what you think
Re: There Is No Afterlife! by Nobody: 12:01am On Oct 25, 2017
There's life after death. It's only on earth you have the chance to repent. After death, your soul leaves your body to face your maker. Many will not believe but those who got to know it are gnashing their teeths asking for second chance
Re: There Is No Afterlife! by Saverin: 8:43am On Oct 25, 2017
asuustrike2009:
There's life after death. It's only on earth you have the chance to repent. After death, your soul leaves your body to face your maker. Many will not believe but those who got to know it are gnashing their teeths asking for second chance

You are talking b*llsh*t
Re: There Is No Afterlife! by Nobody: 8:45am On Oct 25, 2017
Saverin:

You are talking b*llsh*t
When you experience it you would understand better
Re: There Is No Afterlife! by Nobody: 9:01am On Oct 25, 2017
How about for aliens, grin
Re: There Is No Afterlife! by OtemSapien: 9:22am On Oct 25, 2017
asuustrike2009:
There are afterlives and none of them are for punishment of humanity. We humans are here to experience a complete system of both negativity and positivity. We feel pain here, we don't have pains there, but peace alone. There is heaven for christians, hell has been made non-existing by the light of God Almighty. There are thousands other afterlives better than heaven. They are full of life and fun packed, heaven is boring.
Once again, stop threatening people with a non-existing hell fire. The light of God Almighty who created your god yahweh has quenched the psychology behind hell fire many years ago, even before the homi sapiens era began.

See the evidence below

doctufos:

24. Now while our wailings continued, a great light came and lightened up the darkness of the smoke of fire. And we heard a voice, saying, I have come to free your souls. For you are seeing the illusions of what you believe in. For you are not in any real fire, but you suffer the imagination of the god whom you worship. For like one on earth who take the weed of tekum and see hallucinations of fire, so are you all.
25. For the afterlife is like a dream of never returning. Now imagine the afterlifes of your choice and you shall find yourself there.
Re: There Is No Afterlife! by vaxx: 9:47am On Oct 25, 2017
Haiti13 ........ if you do not believe in life after death, you are also likely not to believe in God....

My argument......concept of peace and human value is useless without the concept of hereafter.....

I strongly believe in reincarnation.....

If a process can cause a process to produce zygote which lead to a foetus and then to the final stage of human development..

What is stopping the same process from repeating it again in whatever form he cares....

life after death does not fall under the jurisdiction of science or (any observable evidence), as science and observable evidence is concerned only with classification and analysis of sense data.

Moreover, man has been busy with scientific inquiries and research, in the modern sense of the term, only for the last few centuries, while he has been familiar with the concept of life after death since time immemorial.

Almost every religion with the concept of God called their people to worship God and to believe in life after death. Mine explicitly talk about reincarnation.that even an iota of doubt in it meant denying God and made all other beliefs meaningless...
Re: There Is No Afterlife! by Saverin: 10:22am On Oct 25, 2017
asuustrike2009:

When you experience it you would understand better

Have you experienced it?
Re: There Is No Afterlife! by Nobody: 12:24pm On Oct 25, 2017
Saverin:

Have you experienced it?
Yes
Re: There Is No Afterlife! by OtemSapien: 12:27pm On Oct 25, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Yes
heaven or hell fire. If it is heaven, you may be right but if hell fire, two things are involved grin
Re: There Is No Afterlife! by Saverin: 12:39pm On Oct 25, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Yes

Then you are a dead man. You have no business with the living
Re: There Is No Afterlife! by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 25, 2017
Saverin:

Then you are a dead man. You have no business with the living
You too carnal that's why you can never understand the things of the spirit. You're dead the very time you close your eye to sleep. It's only when God wants you to wake up that's when you wake.
Re: There Is No Afterlife! by Nobody: 2:08pm On Oct 25, 2017
OtemSapien:
heaven or hell fire. If it is heaven, you may be right but if hell fire, two things are involved grin
Hell is real. It's a place of torment, a place that I wouldn't wish my worst enemy to go.
Re: There Is No Afterlife! by OtemSapien: 2:10pm On Oct 25, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Hell is real. It's a place of torment, a place that I wouldn't wish my worst enemy to go.
Is it hell fire you saw? Pls share your experience.
Re: There Is No Afterlife! by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 25, 2017
OtemSapien:
Is it hell fire you saw? Pls share your experience.
You're not ready.Your heart isn't ready to receive the message
Re: There Is No Afterlife! by OtemSapien: 2:15pm On Oct 25, 2017
asuustrike2009:

You're not ready.Your heart isn't ready to receive the message
Aswear it is, maybe it can convert me sef who knows? cool
Re: There Is No Afterlife! by OkaiCorne(m): 4:00pm On Oct 25, 2017
shervydman:

It's like saying a fruitful tree dies and never lives on... cheesy

cool.
Re: There Is No Afterlife! by Saverin: 4:11pm On Oct 25, 2017
asuustrike2009:

You too carnal that's why you can never understand the things of the spirit. You're dead the very time you close your eye to sleep. It's only when God wants you to wake up that's when you wake.

If you have experienced "that afterlife, you either make it to heaven or burn for all eternity in hell", then you are dead and you have no business with the living.

Or you can admit that you are regurgitating the same nonsense being spewed by monotheist religion ( without proof).

Or you can admit that you are lying and have not experience what you claim to have experienced.

Since you are so vast in the matter of spirituality, Can you tell me where you were before you were born?
Re: There Is No Afterlife! by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 25, 2017
Saverin:

If you have experienced "that afterlife, you either make it to heaven or burn for all eternity in hell", then you are dead and you have no business with the living.

Or you can admit that you are regurgitating the same nonsense being spewed by monotheist religion ( without proof).

Or you can admit that you are lying and have not experience what you claim to have experienced.

Since you are so vast in the matter of spirituality, Can you tell me where you were before you were born?

Like I said you too carnal to understand things in the spirit. You're too fleshy so you wouldn't understand certain things. When you open your mind and remain neutral, you would see things for yourself.
Re: There Is No Afterlife! by Nobody: 4:25pm On Oct 25, 2017
OkaiCorne:

It's like saying a fruitful tree dies and never lives on... cheesy

cool.
Can a dead tree live??
Re: There Is No Afterlife! by OkaiCorne(m): 4:31pm On Oct 25, 2017
shervydman:

Can a dead tree live??

Through its seed(s)...if it's fruitful...

Everything is a cycle without end...if you know the stopping point of a circle/cycle. Then there is no afterlife.
Re: There Is No Afterlife! by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 25, 2017
vaxx:
Haiti13 ........ if you do not believe in life after death, you are also likely not to believe in God....

My argument......concept of peace and human value is useless without the concept of hereafter.....

I strongly believe in reincarnation.....

If a process can cause a process to produce zygote which lead to a foetus and then to the final stage of human development..

What is stopping the same process from repeating it again in whatever form he cares....

life after death does not fall under the jurisdiction of science or (any observable evidence), as science and observable evidence is concerned only with classification and analysis of sense data.

Moreover, man has been busy with scientific inquiries and research, in the modern sense of the term, only for the last few centuries, while he has been familiar with the concept of life after death since time immemorial.

Almost every religion with the concept of God called their people to worship God and to believe in life after death. Mine explicitly talk about reincarnation.that even an iota of doubt in it meant denying God and made all other beliefs meaningless...

But what makes you you is your memories and consciousness, so when you die, those 2 things will cease to exist for eternal.

If you believe in reincarnation, then you believe also you was alive, before the current you was born. But you can't remember it, since your current memories and consciousness are unique.

One life is enough. Good things are special to us, because they have their limits. And you didn't mind for not existing before you was born, so you will also not mind for not existing after your death. This is something that makes me feel happy and others also should feel like this (at least from my perspective).
Re: There Is No Afterlife! by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 25, 2017
Muafrika2:
How about for aliens, grin
I believe they exist and some of them are present with us sad
Re: There Is No Afterlife! by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 25, 2017
OkaiCorne:

Through its seed(s)...if it's fruitful...

Everything is a cycle without end...if you know the stopping point of a circle/cycle. Then there is no afterlife.
If a seed is still fruitful, then it's not dead but undergoing germination process.

Life is truly a circle, it starts with creation and ends with death! No fvcking afterlife.
Re: There Is No Afterlife! by OkaiCorne(m): 4:53pm On Oct 25, 2017
shervydman:

If a seed is still fruitful, then it's not dead but undergoing germination process.

Life is truly a circle, it starts with creation and ends with death! No fvcking afterlife.

Lol...calm down na grin

Please point out where a circle ends...then you'll get your answers.

If a circle has an "end point" it is no longer a circle...

Cheers smiley
Re: There Is No Afterlife! by Nobody: 5:07pm On Oct 25, 2017
OkaiCorne:

Lol...calm down na grin

Please point out where a circle ends...then you'll get your answers.

If a circle has an "end point" it is no longer a circle...

Cheers smiley
grin...... a year is a cycle, it begins in Jan and ends in Dec. Animals have life cycle, it begins with their birth n ends with their death, animals life cycle are different from each other, a mosquito life cycle is less than 7days and an elephant life cycle is about 70years,

My guy, cycle doesn't mean something is endless but after one ends, another specie is growing. There are over 8b people in the world, do u know how long humans have been existing? Simply because humans are still here today doesn't mean humans ain't dying, in fact, birthrate is higher than death rate, those that died long ago, where are they?
Re: There Is No Afterlife! by OkaiCorne(m): 5:13pm On Oct 25, 2017
shervydman:

grin...... a year is a cycle, it begins in Jan and ends in Dec. Animals have life cycle, it begins with their birth n ends with their death, animals life cycle are different from each other, a mosquito life cycle is less than 7days and an elephant life cycle is about 70years,

My guy, cycle doesn't mean something is endless but after one ends, another specie is growing. There are over 8b people in the world, do u know how long humans have been existing? Simply because humans are still here today doesn't mean humans ain't dying, in fact, birthrate is higher than death rate, those that died long ago, where are they?

Going by your logic...life is not a cycle then...

Take a position and try not to contradict yourself...

If life is not a cycle, then what is it? a line?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

4 Reasons Why I Don’t Take Christians Seriously. / Christ Embassy Strategy / If We Are Holy, Why Does God Call Us To Be Holy? - Paul Ellis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.