Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,008 members, 7,835,425 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

There Is No Afterlife! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There Is No Afterlife! (3055 Views)

Be Sure Of Your Afterlife Before You Depart / A Very False Christian Belief About The Afterlife. / What's The Yoruba Traditional Belief Of Afterlife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Is No Afterlife! by tosyne2much(m): 5:13pm On Oct 25, 2017
There is no concrete evidence whether there's light after death. All we keep hearing everyday is reincarnation, heaven and hell but no one can debunk which is true or false. However, while some people keep talking about immediate judgement after death, others are talking about reincarnation which puts every one of us in a tight corner in what to believe.

From my own point of view, I think that both Christians, Muslim, atheists and other religions might even be wrong about the creator (God) and life after death.

We could all be wrong
Re: There Is No Afterlife! by OkaiCorne(m): 5:19pm On Oct 25, 2017
tosyne2much:
There is no concrete evidence whether there's light after death. All we keep hearing everyday is reincarnation, heaven and hell but no one can debunk which is true or false. However, while some people keep talking about immediate judgement after death, others are talking about reincarnation which puts every one of us in a tight corner in what to believe.

From my own point of view, I think that both Christians, Muslim, atheists and other religions might even be wrong about the creator (God) and life after death.

We could all be wrong

Only the Uncreated One knows everything... Our intelligence is limited. The best of our knowledge is like that of an ant compared to that of the Uncreated One...

I cannot tell exactly what it is after death...but in life, patterns always gives clues...
Re: There Is No Afterlife! by tosyne2much(m): 5:24pm On Oct 25, 2017
OkaiCorne:

Only the Uncreated One knows everything... Our intelligence is limited. The best of our knowledge is like that of an ant compared to that of the Uncreated One...

I cannot tell exactly what it is after death...but in life, patterns always gives clues...
That's it my brother.. There are so many things we don't understand about this world that science can also not explain.

Our reasoning is only limited to what we've been told by our father especially when it has to do with life and death
Re: There Is No Afterlife! by OkaiCorne(m): 5:30pm On Oct 25, 2017
tosyne2much:
That's it my brother.. There are so many things we don't understand about this world that science can also not explain.

Our reasoning is only limited to what we've been told by our father especially when it has to do with life and death

Man tries to understand the unknown by LOGIC most of the time...it takes more than LOGIC to know what is beyond us. That is where wisdom comes in...

May the Uncreated One help us all.

Although, I wonder why every religion is pre-occupied with the after-life when most of these religion does next to nothing about improving the current life we are living...

Look around you, most nations spend twice as much on weapons of war compared to agriculture and healthcare...and representatives of all these religions makes up these governments.

I wonder if we are stockpiling weapons to fight aliens...smh
Re: There Is No Afterlife! by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 25, 2017
OkaiCorne,

What shervydman is saying is true. It makes sense. When we say life is a cycle, it means it will be born, grow, die and then your atoms will be recycled to be used again for other living things.

1 Like

Re: There Is No Afterlife! by Nobody: 5:31pm On Oct 25, 2017
author=OkaiCorne post=61764151]

Going by your logic...life is not a cycle then...
Life is a cycle..... check this biological meaning of cycle.
Biology:A recurring series of events or metabolic processes in the lifetime of a plant or animal

Take a position and try not to contradict yourself
No....I'm not contradicting myself, u fail to comprehend the meaning of cycle here.

If life is not a cycle, then what is it? a line?
Life is a cycle, it has an end.

A lady has menstrual cycle too.....it starts with menarche and ends after menopause.
Re: There Is No Afterlife! by OkaiCorne(m): 5:33pm On Oct 25, 2017
Hati13:
OkaiCorne,

What shervydman is saying is true. It makes sense. When we say life is a cycle, it means it will be born, grow, die and then your atoms will be recycled to be used again for other living things.

Are you confirming what I said about life being a cycle? I'm not too clear on your response my brother.

Do we have cycles that end and cycles that don't...

If yes, how are we sure which of the cycles your very life fits into?
Re: There Is No Afterlife! by OkaiCorne(m): 5:36pm On Oct 25, 2017
shervydman:
author=OkaiCorne post=61764151]

Life is a cycle..... check this biological meaning of cycle.

No....I'm not contradicting myself, u fail to comprehend the meaning of cycle here.

Life is a cycle, it has an end.

A lady has menstrual cycle too.....it starts with menarche and ends after menopause.

If a menstrual cycle ends, doesn't it repeat itself again till menopause kicks in? or is menstruation just once?

I sense we are seeing the same thing from different angles, I won't force my point of view on you though...

As for me, I suggest we all focus on the current life we are living first...no one skips arithmetics class and starts solving FurtherMaths...

Let's all strive to pass the tests set before us in this life.
Re: There Is No Afterlife! by tosyne2much(m): 5:38pm On Oct 25, 2017
OkaiCorne:

Man tries to understand the unknown by LOGIC most of the time...it takes more than LOGIC to know what is beyond us. That is where wisdom comes in...

May the Uncreated One help us all.

Although, I wonder why every religion is pre-occupied with the after-life when most of these religion does next to nothing about improving the current life we are living...

Look around you, most nations spend twice as much on weapons of war compared to agriculture and healthcare...and representatives of all these religions makes up these governments.

I wonder if we are stockpiling weapons to fight aliens...smh
Just as you said, logic cannot explain anything that has to do with spirituality.

Whenever people claim they died and resurrected and that they saw Micheal Jackson and Sani Abacha burning in hell fire, I just shake my head in disdain.

My brother, nobody in this life knows whether there's life after death or incarnation is next, therefore, nobody can provide any answer to this question until we die and see what's next
Re: There Is No Afterlife! by Nobody: 5:50pm On Oct 25, 2017
OkaiCorne:

If a menstrual cycle ends, doesn't it repeat itself again till menopause kicks in? or is menstruation just once?

I sense we are seeing the same thing from different angles, I won't force my point of view on you though...

As for me, I suggest we all focus on the current life we are living first...no one skips arithmetics class and starts solving FurtherMaths...

Let's all strive to pass the tests set before us in this life.
Menstrual cycle ends completely without repetition after menopause. After menopause, no more menstrual cycle for a lady.

I think u made a whole lot of sense on ur concluding part.
Re: There Is No Afterlife! by Nobody: 5:56pm On Oct 25, 2017
OkaiCorne:

Are you confirming what I said about life being a cycle? I'm not too clear on your response my brother.

Do we have cycles that end and cycles that don't...

If yes, how are we sure which of the cycles your very life fits into?
I'm taking about life in general not specific life form.

Life born - grow - die - atoms recycled - Life born - grow -die - atoms recycled.........
Re: There Is No Afterlife! by Saverin: 6:17pm On Oct 25, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Like I said you too carnal to understand things in the spirit. You're too fleshy so you wouldn't understand certain things. When you open your mind and remain neutral, you would see things for yourself.

gibberish upon gibberish; b*llsh*t upon b*llsh*t.

I know your type. You have already concluded in your brainwashed brain that I am too fleshy; too canal when you don't even know who I am. I asked you a simple question and you are running around in circles.

RIP to your dead brain
Re: There Is No Afterlife! by OkaiCorne(m): 6:18pm On Oct 25, 2017
Hati13:

I'm taking about life in general not specific life form.

Life born - grow - die - atoms recycled - Life born - grow -die - atoms recycled.........

It's safer not to talk much... we are still saying the same thing from different view points.

I would not force you like a religious zealot to see things through my eyes...especially if it's still the same thing we are seeing...

Peace... cool

1 Like

Re: There Is No Afterlife! by OkaiCorne(m): 6:20pm On Oct 25, 2017
shervydman:

Menstrual cycle ends completely without repetition after menopause. After menopause, no more menstrual cycle for a lady.

I think u made a whole lot of sense on ur concluding part.

Lol...my brother na so we see am jare.

Let's not make the same mistakes others do by making simple things complex.

Cheers bro...

1 Like

Re: There Is No Afterlife! by vaxx: 6:22pm On Oct 25, 2017
Hati13:

But what makes you you is your memories and consciousness, so when you die, those 2 things will cease to exist for eternal.

If you believe in reincarnation, then you believe also you was alive, before the current you was born. But you can't remember it, since your current memories and consciousness are unique.

One life is enough. Good things are special to us, because they have their limits. And you didn't mind for not existing before you was born, so you will also not mind for not existing after your death. This is something that makes me feel happy and others also should feel like this (at least from my perspective).
you unconscious mind is the real you....it is a mixture of your personal traits ,life experience and interactions with the universe...
You can't remember the past because you didn't bring your brain with you. You died, your brain died, and there goes your memories (more or less).

This is the good news! You get to start this new life completely fresh, without worrying about all the traumatic experiences you had in your previous lives. Imagine if you carried with you in each life that terrible memory from 10,000 BC when you were swallow by a big snake while hunting ..... Some things are really better off forgotten.

your existence in this life is very important and you have to take care of it....therefore I urge you to believe in reincarnation.... If you take it as a fact rather than wishful thinking .... You will be .....

Careful indeed not to incur new bad karma by not creating conflicts or pain for others. Also taking the bad karma you have received in this life with a grain of salt.

Generous in incurring good karma by assisting others, especially with spiritual development (i.e. self-knowledge, mastering virtues

Work smart to accumulate much wealth ,you will come back to enjoy.......and so many benefit..

1 Like

Re: There Is No Afterlife! by Nobody: 6:24pm On Oct 25, 2017
Hati13:

I believe they exist and some of them are present with us sad
I hear you smiley

Some people I've met are definitely from out there grin

1 Like

Re: There Is No Afterlife! by Nobody: 6:30pm On Oct 25, 2017
vaxx:
you unconscious mind is the real you....it is a mixture of your personal traits ,life experience and interactions with the universe...
You can't remember the past because you didn't bring your brain with you. You died, your brain died, and there goes your memories (more or less).

This is the good news! You y to start this new life completely fresh, without worrying about all the traumatic experiences you had in your previous lives. Imagine if you carried with you in each life that terrible memory from 10,000 BC when you were swallow by a big snake while hunting ..... Some things are really better off forgotten.

your existence in this life is very important and you have to take care of it....therefore I urge you to believe in reincarnation.... If you take it as a fact rather than wishful thinking .... You will be .....

Careful indeed not to incur new bad karma by not creating conflicts or pain for others. Also taking the bad karma you have received in this life with a grain of salt.

Generous in incurring good karma by assisting others, especially with spiritual development (i.e. self-knowledge, mastering virtues

Work smart to accumulate much wealth ,you will come back to enjoy.......and so many benefit..
Pls,Mr vaxx......can u elaborate more on the emboldened statements cos incarnation and re-incarnation are falsified doctrines. Not scientifically or religiously proven. It's not a fact but fallacy in my humble opinion.
Re: There Is No Afterlife! by vaxx: 6:40pm On Oct 25, 2017
shervydman:

Pls,Mr vaxx......can u elaborate more on the emboldened statements cos incarnation and re-incarnation are falsified doctrines. Not scientifically or religiously proven. It's not a fact but fallacy in my humble opinion.
though it might not have enough scientific details now.....but there is actual scientific hypothesis and acceptance of logic ....go through this link I created, you may comment here if you doubt it..

Though my own version is diffrent from the hindu and budha.....it is purely cultural to my tribe .....Yoruba

...https://www.nairaland.com/4068046/yoruba-version-life-after-death
Re: There Is No Afterlife! by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 25, 2017
Saverin:

gibberish upon gibberish; b*llsh*t upon b*llsh*t.

I know your type. You have already concluded in your brainwashed brain that I am too fleshy; too canal when you don't even know who I am. I asked you a simple question and you are running around in circles.

RIP to your dead brain
With this attitude of yours,it shows you kind of person. Who you really are and how you abuse people anyhow
Re: There Is No Afterlife! by Saverin: 7:36pm On Oct 25, 2017
asuustrike2009:

With this attitude of yours,it shows you kind of person. Who you really are and how you abuse people anyhow

Where were you before you were born into this world?

Instead of you to be honest and say "I don't know" since it is obvious you don't know the answer, you kept running around in circles. Pointing this out in your own definition = abuse.

lmao
Re: There Is No Afterlife! by Nobody: 7:42pm On Oct 25, 2017
Saverin:

Where were you before you were born into this world?

Instead of you to be honest and say "I don't know" since it is obvious you don't know the answer, you kept running around in circles. Pointing this out in your own definition = abuse.

lmao
It was better you had continue asking or better still not reply.Even if I tell I was there when I was born would you believe? There are some things beyond science that man can not comprehend but with your attitude just displayed now,it shows that you can easily kill a person because of impatience
Re: There Is No Afterlife! by Nobody: 7:42pm On Oct 25, 2017
Muafrika2:

I hear you smiley

Some people I've met are definitely from out there grin
grin

1 Like

Re: There Is No Afterlife! by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 25, 2017
vaxx:

This is the good news! You get to start this new life completely fresh, without worrying about all the traumatic experiences you had in your previous lives. Imagine if you carried with you in each life that terrible memory from 10,000 BC when you were swallow by a big snake while hunting ..... Some things are really better off forgotten.

How can your unconscious mind is the real you? It doesn't make sense. The real you is your unique memories and personal traits like you said. This is why when someone brain is damaged to the point of him/her losing her entire memory and behavior, the previous he/she doesn't exist anymore.

Your claim is a belief which isn't supported by concert evidence. But I respect it since I've also my own belief on other things.

Your belief may be real or not, but what matters is you believe in it and it will affect your life just like you want it to be.

By the way, me and you have also communicated previously and I may not always agreed with you, but I like the way you try to explain things.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Is No Afterlife! by Saverin: 8:02pm On Oct 25, 2017
asuustrike2009:

It was better you had continue asking or better still not reply. Even if I tell I was there when I was born would you believe? There are some things beyond science that man can not comprehend but with your attitude just displayed now,it shows that you can easily kill a person because of impatience

I will believe you if it is evident.

Can you now answer my question or do you still want to run around?
Re: There Is No Afterlife! by vaxx: 8:26pm On Oct 25, 2017
Hati13:

How can your unconscious mind is the real you? It doesn't make sense. The real you is your unique memories and personal traits like you said. This is why when someone brain is damaged to the point of him/her losing her entire memory and behavior, the previous he/she doesn't exist anymore.

Your claim is a belief which is supported by concert evidence. But I respect it since I've also my own belief on other things.

Your belief may be real or not, but what matters is you believe in it and it will affect your life just like you want it to be.

By the way, me and you have also communicated previously and I may not always agreed with you, but I like the way you try to explain things.
I will proof it to you that your unconscious mind is the real you.....but before then answer this question..How good is the mind at extracting meaning from stimuli of which one is not consciously aware?
Re: There Is No Afterlife! by Mujtahida: 8:36pm On Oct 25, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Hell is real. It's a place of torment, a place that I wouldn't wish my worst enemy to go.
Then you are more merciful than Yahweh. I think if you were God it would be better for humanity.
Re: There Is No Afterlife! by vivie01(f): 8:49pm On Oct 25, 2017
shervydman:

hhhmmmm undecided lipsrsealed
Re: There Is No Afterlife! by Nobody: 8:55pm On Oct 25, 2017
vivie01:

hhhmmmm undecided lipsrsealed
what re u doing here..........na lie? smiley
Re: There Is No Afterlife! by vivie01(f): 9:08pm On Oct 25, 2017
Re: There Is No Afterlife! by vivie01(f): 9:10pm On Oct 25, 2017
shervydman:

what re u doing here..........na lie? smiley
You brought me here sad

vaxx:
I will proof it to you that your unconscious mind is the real you............
which in other words is your soul, a man is composed of spirit, soul and body; the soul is the real you.
Re: There Is No Afterlife! by Nobody: 9:12pm On Oct 25, 2017
vivie01:

You brought me here sad

which in other words is your soul, a man is composed of spirit, soul and body; the soul is the real you.
does unconscious mind mean the soul? sorry for delaying and engaging u on this topic. smiley
Re: There Is No Afterlife! by Nobody: 9:16pm On Oct 25, 2017
vaxx:
I will proof it to you that your unconscious mind is the real you.....but before then answer this question..How good is the mind at extracting meaning from stimuli of which one is not consciously aware?

Not good I guess

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meaning Of Omo Shaku Shaku / If You Were God, What Would You Like To Change On Earth?. / What Does God Do Exactly ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.