Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,370 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:25 AM

Murphy Ijemba Displaces “citizen Jones” And Kubanji Direct - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Murphy Ijemba Displaces “citizen Jones” And Kubanji Direct (5145 Views)

Murphy Ijemba , Sean Amadi Hit Max FM With Rush Hour Show / Murphy Ijemba Of Brila Fm Is Now With The New Max Fm / Brila FM Sacked Murphy Ijemba and others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Murphy Ijemba Displaces “citizen Jones” And Kubanji Direct by Opinionated: 2:23pm On Oct 24, 2017
While we had reported earlier that Murphy Ijemba has made the switch to Max fm 102.3fm, a fallout of this was not mentioned.

Kubanji Direct hosted by veteran journalist Jones Usen popularly known as “Citizen Jones” has been discontinued on the new music-centric successor to Radio Continental 102.3 Fm, MAX Fm. There seems to be no room for Citizen Jones and his programme which focused on discussing current affairs especially politics.

Many loyal listeners were left wondering what happened last night as the programme failed to air at 7pm, its time of broadcast. Instead, it was Murphy Ijemba and his crew doing their thing which many fans of Kubanji Direct would have found to be rather different to the mature discussion they are used to.

Another big change is the discontinuance of Continental Sunrise in the morning on the new Max fm. It does seem that TVC Communications owner of the station is focused on capturing the youthful demographic and is determined to make MAX Fm be known for music as much as Radio Continental was known for talk.

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/murphy-ijemba-displaces-citizen-jones-kubanji-direct/

cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44

2 Shares

Re: Murphy Ijemba Displaces “citizen Jones” And Kubanji Direct by itchie: 2:33pm On Oct 24, 2017
Citizen Jones should get out with his rubbish program full of biased presentation and analysis. Murphy will bring back the audience that the old fool lost for RC or Max fm
Re: Murphy Ijemba Displaces “citizen Jones” And Kubanji Direct by bkool7(m): 2:39pm On Oct 24, 2017
itchie:
Citizen Jones should get out with his rubbish program full of biased presentation and analysis. Murphy will bring back the audience that the old fool lost for RC or Max fm

You need a rehab

Kubanji Direct is the ONLY programme i listen to on radio, talk more of RC.

Jones should sell the idea to another station, we the listeners will follow him there.

8 Likes

Re: Murphy Ijemba Displaces “citizen Jones” And Kubanji Direct by thinkdip(m): 2:43pm On Oct 24, 2017
Jones, very biased and apolitical in nature.. He his a buharist. Very sentimental and blind to real matters.

1 Like

Re: Murphy Ijemba Displaces “citizen Jones” And Kubanji Direct by itchie: 2:51pm On Oct 24, 2017
bkool7:

You need a rehab

Jones should sell the idea to another station, we the listeners will follow him there.

You're the one who needs rehab if you enjoy that boring and drab program. Murphy Ejemba is a thousand times more fun and intelligent than that dumb citizen jones

1 Like

Re: Murphy Ijemba Displaces “citizen Jones” And Kubanji Direct by Opinionated: 3:00pm On Oct 24, 2017
It seems there is a war within the station, some OAPs, listeners and their fans. Very interesting.
Re: Murphy Ijemba Displaces “citizen Jones” And Kubanji Direct by coluka: 3:08pm On Oct 24, 2017
That citizen Jones program na complete rubbish. Thank God they got rid of it
Re: Murphy Ijemba Displaces “citizen Jones” And Kubanji Direct by Chrisbeks: 3:21pm On Oct 24, 2017
I'll take Murphy over citizen Jones any day.Murphy the Radio paparazzi, My favorite OAP in Nigeria right now
Re: Murphy Ijemba Displaces “citizen Jones” And Kubanji Direct by mexxmoney: 3:47pm On Oct 24, 2017
bkool7:

You need a rehab

Jones was very unprofessional and amateurish in his anchoring of that program. As an anchor, your bias or preferences should not be very obvious. Jones lacked that. He allowed his emotions get the better of him. I lost count of the number of times he engaged his guest in very heated arguments or even the number of times he shouted down callers or cut them off just because they were holding opposing views. I stopped listening to that program a long time ago. He should learn to be fair and balanced

1 Like

Re: Murphy Ijemba Displaces “citizen Jones” And Kubanji Direct by Megatrix: 4:00pm On Oct 24, 2017
Murphy jemba. Eagerrr!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Murphy Ijemba Displaces “citizen Jones” And Kubanji Direct by Mannylex(m): 8:12pm On Oct 24, 2017
mexxmoney:

Jones was very unprofessional and amateurish in his anchoring of that program. As an anchor, your bias or preferences should not be very obvious. Jones lacked that. He allowed his emotions get the better of him. I lost count of the number of times he engaged his guest in very heated arguments or even the number of times he shouted down callers or cut them off just because they were holding opposing views. I stopped listening to that program a long time ago. He should learn to be fair and balanced

You are very right. In as much as I always enjoyed the program, it was highly irritating to hear him shout at callers and in fact insult them in some cases, probably he feels he could do that because he is elderly, but it's very unprofessional. Always wanting to impose his ideology on everyone.

CC: lalasticlala

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Murphy Ijemba Displaces “citizen Jones” And Kubanji Direct by maclatunji: 7:52am On Oct 25, 2017
Mannylex:

You are very right. In as much as I always enjoyed the program, it was highly irritating to hear him shout at callers and in fact insult them in some cases, probably he feels could do that because he is elderly, but it's very unprofessional. Always wanting to impose his ideology on everyone.

CC: lalasticlala

It is a 2-way thing. Many callers are annoying too, just call to express bile not related to topics being discussed. However, I think that you guys are right that he could have handled such instances better.

1 Like

Re: Murphy Ijemba Displaces “citizen Jones” And Kubanji Direct by excanny: 6:41am On Oct 31, 2017
This was the guy who hosted the best talk show I know of in this country.
Wrong decision by RC/Max fm. They just lost me as a listener.
They should have created another station for music only like the others do.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Murphy Ijemba Displaces “citizen Jones” And Kubanji Direct by Opinionated: 12:32pm On Nov 14, 2017
excanny:
This was the guy who hosted the best talk show I know of in this country.

Wrong decision by RC/Max fm. They just lost me as a listener.

They should have created another station for music only like the others do.

Agreed.

2 Likes

Re: Murphy Ijemba Displaces “citizen Jones” And Kubanji Direct by GindoX(m): 1:17pm On Dec 13, 2017
Please, where is the programme now air... I love that program.. Please state new station if u know. Please...

1 Like

Re: Murphy Ijemba Displaces “citizen Jones” And Kubanji Direct by olushollys(m): 1:19pm On Mar 07, 2018
Inasmuch that I agree to some extent about Jones execess and perceived baises I still missed the program. I hope some other station will agree to Jones

(1) (Reply)

Freestyle(trybesmen) And Ruggedman(who Raps Better) / Mtv Video Music Awards. Tyler, The Creator, A Nigerian Boy? / Any Cheap Recording Studio In Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.