Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:34 AM

IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT (17102 Views)

Youths Attack Policemen In Ibeju-Lekki / Yoruba, Akwa Ibom Residents Clash In Ibeno. 5 Killed, Properties Destroyed / ‘Blasphemy’: Youths Attack Vigilante Commander In Gangare, Lagos Community (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 25, 2017
Mobil should relocate it’s administrative operations to the SW/Lagos. Our cities are open and conducive for investment.
Re: IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by Oldnyoung: 9:55am On Oct 25, 2017
Alcatraz005:
Mobil should relocate it’s administrative operations to the SW/Lagos. Our cities are open and conducive for investment.
Expressing what is in the mind of your fellow S/W brothers/Sisters. Seems you like this kind fake news by op. Violence of any form should be condemned irrespective of location
Re: IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by tempest01(m): 9:58am On Oct 25, 2017
Dronedude:
Exxonmobil Qit is like heaven in Akwa ibom if u have connect, u make heaven if you dont have u remain in hell only to be turnted and intemedated by the Qit Staff. Qualification isnt a guarantee anymore on like before. TTC use to be a hope for all but now it is only for the children of existing or retired staff and government officials. I condemn the attack on subcontractors but they are obviously the vulnerable because the real employees of the company are heavily guarded with security.

You see wrong on TTC being for children of existing and retired staff.

It is bad that there are no substitute companies for the youths in this area and Exxon Mobil is not doing well with lopsided appointments from Lagos.

Jobless youths in Nigeria as.a whole is on the increase, and there is a threat to security looming.

Government at all levels need to act now.
Re: IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by ufuosman(m): 10:00am On Oct 25, 2017
No joy for some people face
Re: IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by Imo1stson: 10:03am On Oct 25, 2017
Amaso99:
You check your backyard see people wear coverall dey drill oil in the evening them enter their clean suv they go house you come they envy them, you come approach them say make you follow them work them blackmail you say you no they qualify say you no go school, you come vex go buy jamb form follow go school after five years you graduate , serve finish go back there them say you no get 3yrs working experience where as your course mate (yoruba, igbo or hausa) wey grad with you them don give ham work because him brother na HR tell me why i no go vex matchet person.
The plight of Niger deltans.

Not true. There is general scarcity of jobs and the best option is self employment. Only very few people out of 100 million can work in an oil company. Probably not even up to 100 thousand making the chances very slim.

1 Like

Re: IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by mcquin(m): 10:13am On Oct 25, 2017
And tomorrow they'll say Lagos is developed because it's a former F.C.T, forgetting the city is investor friendly.

Why will we have investors when their lives are not secure? And yes my mother is from Eket in Ikot Udoma, Akwa Ibom.

1 Like

Re: IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by Dronedude(m): 10:23am On Oct 25, 2017
tempest01:

You see wrong on TTC being for children of existing and retired staff.

It is bad that there are no substitute companies for the youths in this area and Exxon Mobil is not doing well with lopsided appointments from Lagos.

Jobless youths in Nigeria as.a whole is on the increase, and there is a threat to security looming.

Government at all levels need to act now.

TTC use to be a genuine program but now it has changed the competition to get in is high now n as i last heard the screening processes have be seriously compromized to favour a particular demography. Yes the normal person can enroll but what happens after is the issue.
Re: IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by Odioko1(m): 10:28am On Oct 25, 2017
potbelly:
Even when you give them money, they use it for booze and women...

That's why development will take centuries before it reaches the Niger delta... The mindset is darker than midnight

See your life outside........
You are just using this to scare away investors from the Niger delta region...
Re: IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by donqx: 10:32am On Oct 25, 2017
sad
Re: IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by UDIOK: 10:51am On Oct 25, 2017
XXLDICK:

Very foolish comment
And you are more foolish not to understand the content and their plight.....what they want is relocation to where the main thing is happening period ......and you knew it
Re: IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by AlanSugar(m): 10:54am On Oct 25, 2017
Amaso99:
You check your backyard see people wear coverall dey drill oil in the evening them enter their clean suv they go house you come they envy them, you come approach them say make you follow them work them blackmail you say you no they qualify say you no go school, you come vex go buy jamb form follow go school after five years you graduate , serve finish go back there them say you no get 3yrs working experience where as your course mate (yoruba, igbo or hausa) wey grad with you them don give ham work because him brother na HR tell me why i no go vex matchet person.

I quite agree with you on the job matter but the SUV ish, is it like the one shown in the picture? That guy there looks to me like an okada man.
Re: IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by UDIOK: 10:55am On Oct 25, 2017
Alcatraz005:
Just like IKORODU........watch your tongue bros besides the admin hqtrs you are talking about is at LEKKI....so you dont know what you are saying in the first place....that is the origin of the whole saga...they need the admin in AKS period and peace will return shekina
Re: IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by Nellybank(m): 10:56am On Oct 25, 2017
Very foolish responds from you because you don't know what is going on in our community
XXLDICK:

Very foolish comment
Re: IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by potbelly(m): 11:16am On Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes the truth is a bitter pill to swallow...
Who scares away investors?
Peaceful workers or restive youth?
This people drill and give the federal government cash...
The fed govt gives to the state govt who in most cases embezzle the money... If the money reaches the local govt, embezzlement still takes place... So who is to blame if I may ask?

Sometimes They employ the youths who most times don't show up for work but want to be paid at the end of the month... How does that work sir?
Odioko1:

See your life outside........
You are just using this to scare away investors from the Niger delta region...

1 Like

Re: IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by Nobody: 11:21am On Oct 25, 2017
Amaso99:

True.
Re: IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by fancifulasuquo(m): 12:14pm On Oct 25, 2017
You said people, but am seeing one agbero wey go tif ibeno people oil, the youths decides to ruf handle am

1 Like

Re: IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by lafuria1(m): 12:36pm On Oct 25, 2017
Amaso99:

hahahah,

the person attacked is a niger deltan.

This is what happened, the ibeno boys have issues with the contractor, they want to be settled, once a while they stop the contractor and demand for money, they are also other contractors as well, these ibeno boys didnt attack the other contractors o.

the contractor was conveying his community workers back to eket when it got stopped by the ibeno boys, shouting and argument started, the ibeno boys demanded for their ID which the workers refused which lead to fight. one person got injured.

so these fight was between ibeno boys and community boys from eket hired by the contractor. your theory about SUV is not applicable here.
Re: IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by tempest01(m): 12:51pm On Oct 25, 2017
Dronedude:

TTC use to be a genuine program but now it has changed the competition to get in is high now n as i last heard the screening processes have be seriously compromized to favour a particular demography. Yes the normal person can enroll but what happens after is the issue.

After is not still an issue....I know people who have even been called up years after.

That they take lots of guys from PTI who are not even from akwa ibom should tell you that there isn't as bad favoritism as you claim.
Re: IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by Nobody: 2:26pm On Oct 25, 2017
Amaso99:
true the minorities have been so marginalized. But violence ain't the best option
Re: IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by Nobody: 2:27pm On Oct 25, 2017
XXLDICK:
Very foolish comment
shut up afonja. The guy is right
Re: IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by XXLDICK(m): 2:41pm On Oct 25, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
shut up afonja. The guy is right
Everything Afonja.

I'm Igbo

Seems the last line of his comment seems okay to you, right?
Re: IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by udeeze76: 3:43pm On Oct 25, 2017
BET TO A MAN OF YOURSELF..BET9JA BOOKING CODE?
TODAY FIXED MATCH BOOKING CODE IS AT YOUR DOOR
STEP"PLS STAKE HIGHER"
DONT MISS OUT THIS OPPORTUNITY..WINNING IS GUARANTEED
CALL OR WHATSAPP FOR TODAY GAME

Re: IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by lonelydora: 3:51pm On Oct 25, 2017
pbethel:
At about 5p.m when workers were returning from work at QIT, the youths in Eket stormed the road, attacking QIT subcontractor vehicles and ordering everyone to submit their I.D cards. Below are the pictures of one Subcontractor worker that was attacked.
This is becoming almost a daily act, whereby the youths just stop cars along eket ibeno road, demanding for money, hijacking of company cars and demanding that ransom be paid before its release.

Let the governor, local govt chairman and all authorities concerned stop this. Its getting out of hand.

Cc lalasticlala

And some people want IOCs to move Headquarters to the region.
Re: IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by lonelydora: 3:56pm On Oct 25, 2017
Amaso99:
Most Niger Deltans i have worked with are lazy workers. They lazy about until work close, na them go first carry bag begin go house. They like free money.
Re: IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 25, 2017
XXLDICK:
Everything Afonja.
I'm Igbo
of course.
Re: IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 25, 2017
XXLDICK:
Everything Afonja.
I'm Igbo
of course.
Re: IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 25, 2017
lonelydora:
[s]
Most Niger Deltans i have worked with are lazy workers. They lazy about until work close, na them go first carry bag begin go house. They like free money. [/s]
shut up afonja
Re: IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by Nobody: 4:25pm On Oct 25, 2017
fancifulasuquo:
You said people, but am seeing one agbero wey go tif ibeno people oil, the youths decides to ruf handle am
hahaha asuquo lol abeg ku nam nsak imam

1 Like

Re: IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by pbethel: 11:17pm On Oct 25, 2017
lonelydora:

And some people want IOCs to move Headquarters to the region.

Update: today again, they blocked the main entrance of QIT during closing hour. Nobody could move out till around past 8 ds evening. Its getting out of hand.

No matter how u settle this youths, they always come back to harass with the claim that it is their land and its their right .

1 Like

Re: IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by lonelydora: 8:48am On Oct 26, 2017
pbethel:

Update: today again, they blocked the main entrance of QIT during closing hour. Nobody could move out till around past 8 ds evening. Its getting out of hand.

No matter how u settle this youths, they always come back to harass with the claim that it is their land and its their right .

Exactly. Total E & P was blocked 2 days ago upon how they carry their host communities along. These jobless and lazy youths will always have something to be angry with, no matter how much you give them.
Re: IBENO Youths Attack MPN Subcontractor Worker At QIT by lonelydora: 8:49am On Oct 26, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
shut up afonja

I'm Igbo. The truth hurts.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gunmen Sack 10 Kano Villages, Destroy Farmlands / IGP Orders Nationwide Arrest Of Persons Inciting Violence. Take note e-warriors / Arisekola Ademeso Owoseni 'Dr. Quash' In N4M HIV Scam (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.